Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many (30588 Views)

Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Daejumong(m): 4:32am On Mar 17
It is a great irony to see great clergymen who had an illustrious ministry laden with unbelievable miracles, healings and testimonies die in their prime!
What could be the cause? Did they fall into secret sin? Did they backslide? Did they have dark secrets ? or were they taken to glory early to prevent them from falling into sin and eventual eternal perdition.
Could it be they got so busy with the flock and forgot to take care of themselves.
Look at the great Benson Idahosa, the father of Pentecostalism in Nigeria, he died in his office likely from a cardiac arrest. He was in his late fifties.

TB Joshua, arguably the most talked about clergy in the world, died after alleged health battles which ultimately culminated in his death. He was in his late fifties.

Dare Adeboye, son of the Baba Adeboye died in his sleep likely from a cardiac arrest. He was in his forties.

What are the likely causes so we all learn especially the pastors among us

Stress and Demands of Ministry:
Pastoral roles come with immense stress, including emotional burdens, long working hours, and high expectations.
The pressure to shepherd a congregation, provide spiritual guidance, and manage church affairs can take a toll on pastors’ health.

Lifestyle Choices:
Unhealthy habits, such as lack of exercise, poor diet, and inadequate sleep, contribute to health issues.
Some pastors may neglect self-care while prioritizing their congregations.

Mental Health Challenges:
Depression, anxiety, and burnout affect pastors.
The weight of pastoral responsibilities can exacerbate mental health conditions.
Isolation and Loneliness:
Despite being surrounded by people, pastors may experience isolation.
They often lack close confidants due to the pastoral role’s unique demands.

Spiritual Warfare and Attacks:
Pastors face spiritual battles and attacks.
The enemy seeks to undermine their faith, health, and well-being.

Suicide Risk:
Some pastors struggle silently with mental health issues.
The stigma around seeking help may prevent them from addressing their emotional pain.
Tragically, some pastors die by suicide.

In summary, the challenges pastors encounter—stress, lifestyle choices, mental health, isolation, and spiritual warfare—contribute to their vulnerability. It’s crucial to prioritize pastors’ well-being and support them in their vital role.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by EreluRoz: 4:39am On Mar 17
I can never marry a pastor lailai. I love to sleep and relax very well so I can't marry someone that'll deprive me of that.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by CaptainJune: 6:21am On Mar 17
EreluRoz:
I can never marry a pastor lailai. I love to sleep and relax very well so I can't marry someone that'll deprive me of that.

You are right. Not every woman is made for a true pastor (shepherd). God will provide him the partner that is his mental and spiritual backbone.

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by alphaNomega: 6:31am On Mar 17
if god was real as all religions make us believe, we would not need doctors and hospitals. We would not even need farmers and fishermen.

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by CaptainJune: 6:37am On Mar 17
The Lord Jesus died young at the age of 33. This is after He had fulfilled His ministry. Yes, Jesus is the Great Apostle of the Christian faith. Whether you are called to the fivefold ministry or not you are free to go home to be with the Lord after you have fulfillled your ministry.

I agree with the Op regarding other factors that take heavy toll on their health but this also applies to everyone. As such, pastors are humans like any of us. The key here is to take care of one's health. Moses' father-in-law, Jethro, advised him to delegate duties to the Israelites so as not to be overburdened by them. Had he not done so Moses would have probably died earlier than he did.

Some pastors also do face the warfare (bizarre according to wordly standards) aspects of their calling such as helping an individual, family, community, or nation be delivered from satanic strongholds that may have been running for generations. Some pastors confront these demons (princes and rulers of wickedness) without proper spiritual mapping and preparation. This results in the death of some of this pastors. One has to be anointed and directed by God before embarking on spiritual liberation against evil entities.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by CaptainJune: 6:45am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:
if god was real as all religions make us believe, we would not need doctors and hospitals. We would not even need farmers and fishermen.

One thing is certain, you don't know God.

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by paxonel(m): 6:50am On Mar 17
Why do great men of God die young?
So what?

It's still the same thing as why some doctors, carpenters, Tailors, Mechanics, food sellers, etc die young.
No difference

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by AntiChristian: 7:39am On Mar 17
No one controls death except God!
No one promised you you'll all live to old age!

Even a fetus can die!

All those beliefs are false!

I'll will not die but continue to declare the works of the Lord!

Sorry, but you'll die anytime!

And even if you take care of yourself well eating healthy, keeping fit, etc you can still die too!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by SlavaUkraini: 8:58am On Mar 17
alphaNomega:

I smell laziness all over this comment...

You want God to do everything for you when he already gave you a mind and brain to create and reshape your world....

God would never farm and fish for you

God gave you Sense, so that he can Rest

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by DropsMic(m): 8:58am On Mar 17
“Healing many”

Laughs in swahili

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Treasure17(m): 8:59am On Mar 17
EreluRoz:
That's why you are still single

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Kornfusedman: 8:59am On Mar 17
ABC

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by NoSmoking: 9:00am On Mar 17
I think they work too much

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by alphaconde(m): 9:02am On Mar 17
Na jazz

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by StraightGaay: 9:03am On Mar 17
NoSmoking:
I think they work too much
Did you though

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by ATLANTIC01: 9:03am On Mar 17
Happy Sunday
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by chaddy16: 9:05am On Mar 17
Because the wages of sin is death

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by 99thEnemy(m): 9:05am On Mar 17
Some of them, their timed Jazz expire. cool
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Gobdddd(m): 9:05am On Mar 17
Even a barren Abraham had to pray for Abimelek and his family to get healed and blessed with the fruit of womb, even though his wife was still barren.

Paul healed alot of people but still had serious eye problem.

Now, join the dotted lines or, add these to the question you asked

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Kelvin5214: 9:06am On Mar 17
Usually heart attack, when they stand on the pulpit jumping up anyhow, shouting on top of their voices, in and then in the night to rest, they don’t have a proper sleep. These are factors that raise the blood pressure at some point in time hypertension and cardiac arrest…. It’s over Jedi sad
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Jewessgratitud3: 9:06am On Mar 17
For some it couybe their mission on earth is complete. Like Jesus Christ, who died Early it was because his mission on earth was complete.

For others it could be stress. Stress is silent killer that creeps up it's victim without warning. They won't feel any major symptoms and may just wave off the Minor signs they are getting as common stress not knowing it could be very fatal and before you know it it's too late.

This is why we teach and preach about the need to take care of our physical bodies as ministers and workers . As we are taking care of our spiritual life it's is also very important to pay attention to our physical bodies.

When you're feeling too tired to go on. Rest. Eat well and take the. Necessary vits to replenish the lost minerals and vits we need for vitality and good health.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by taobudao(m): 9:06am On Mar 17
Good people don't live long
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Nursepepeye(f): 9:07am On Mar 17
EreluRoz:
how can you give such backside to someone who will not nack am well in the first place

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by Truvelisback(m): 9:07am On Mar 17
Daejumong:
It is a great irony to see great clergymen who had an illustrious ministry laden with unbelievable miracles, healings and testimonies die in their prime!
What could be the cause? Did they fall into secret sin? Did they backslide? Did they have dark secrets ? or were they taken to glory early to prevent them from falling into sin and eventual eternal perdition.
Could it be they got so busy with the flock and forgot to take care of themselves.
Look at the great Benson Idahosa, the father of Pentecostalism in Nigeria, he died in his office likely from a cardiac arrest. He was in his late fifties.

TB Joshua, arguably the most talked about clergy in the world, died after alleged health battles which ultimately culminated in his death. He was in his late fifties.

Dare Adeboye, son of the Baba Adeboye died in his sleep likely from a cardiac arrest. He was in his forties.

What are the likely causes so we all learn especially the pastors among us

Stress and Demands of Ministry:
Pastoral roles come with immense stress, including emotional burdens, long working hours, and high expectations.
The pressure to shepherd a congregation, provide spiritual guidance, and manage church affairs can take a toll on pastors’ health.

Lifestyle Choices:
Unhealthy habits, such as lack of exercise, poor diet, and inadequate sleep, contribute to health issues.
Some pastors may neglect self-care while prioritizing their congregations.

Mental Health Challenges:
Depression, anxiety, and burnout affect pastors.
The weight of pastoral responsibilities can exacerbate mental health conditions.
Isolation and Loneliness:
Despite being surrounded by people, pastors may experience isolation.
They often lack close confidants due to the pastoral role’s unique demands.

Spiritual Warfare and Attacks:
Pastors face spiritual battles and attacks.
The enemy seeks to undermine their faith, health, and well-being.

Suicide Risk:
Some pastors struggle silently with mental health issues.
The stigma around seeking help may prevent them from addressing their emotional pain.
Tragically, some pastors die by suicide.

In summary, the challenges pastors encounter—stress, lifestyle choices, mental health, isolation, and spiritual warfare—contribute to their vulnerability. It’s crucial to prioritize pastors’ well-being and support them in their vital role.
The higher the anointing, the higher the temptations, the higher pride, the higher the enemies, the easier the fall.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by emonis88: 9:07am On Mar 17
The Lord our God is supreme n all knowing, he sees all even in d most hidden places, n sees our heart.
Some of these Pastors go to places they r not supposed to go for power. When the repercussions come people start crying for them. But still no man knows his time to die, cus no man knows tomorrow.
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by AngelicBeing: 9:09am On Mar 17
CaptainJune:
The Lord Jesus died young at the age of 33. This is after He had fulfilled His ministry. Yes, Jesus is the Great Apostle of the Christian faith. Whether you are called to the fivefold ministry or not you are free to go home to be with the Lord after you have fulfillled your ministry.

I agree with the Op regarding other factors that take heavy toll on their health but this also applies to everyone. As such, pastors are humans like any of us. The key here is to take care of one's health. Moses' father-in-law, Jethro, advised him to delegate duties to the Israelites so as not to be overburdened by them. Had he not done so Moses would have probably died earlier than he did.

Some pastors also do face the warfare (bizarre according to wordly standards) aspects of their calling such as helping an individual, family, community, or nation be delivered from satanic strongholds that may have been running for generations. Some pastors confront these demons (princes and rulers of wickedness) without proper spiritual mapping and preparation. This results in the death of some of this pastors. One has to be anointed and directed by God before embarking on spiritual liberation against evil entities.
cool
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by AllahOfBlood: 9:09am On Mar 17
angry
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by judedwriter(m): 9:09am On Mar 17
That's why I pity those charlatans who call themselves into ministry just to make money...

Being called into ministry is being called into the military! As a minister of the gospel you will face a lot of spiritual attacks meant to hinder your destiny.

So many ministers have died because of acidic spiritual attacks, because they weren't well fortified spiritually in their ministry.

The first basic foundation of any ministry or minister is the Word of God. If as a minister you aren't strong in God's Word you can easily be a casualty.... ⚰️

Of course, there are also health and mental issues.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by sexiestharam(f): 9:10am On Mar 17
They die young because you cannot question God. Can you explain how you were made? God gives life and he takes life. You can't question the Almighty!
Re: Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many by blingxx(m): 9:12am On Mar 17
They died young because their juju expired, and death is the consequences

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Panties And Charms Found In A Church In Benin (Photos) / Crowd At Prophet Joshua Iginla’s Miracle-Filled Crusade In Akwa Ibom / Apostle Essien Ayi Donates N1M For Mosque & Islamic Centre In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.