Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help (44639 Views)

My Bro Was Charged 1.4million To Clear Iphone 15 & I-watch From DHL Ikeja / Elon Musk: Twitter Rebranded As X As Blue Bird Logo Killed Off / More Problems For Iphone X As Some Iphone X Units Suffer From Crackling Speakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Pentools(m): 10:10am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:
The iphoneX iI bought last month with a Gucci watch cost $1543. I didn't pay a dime...Just settled those Nipost guy 2k

Hmmmm, I'm surprised.
Where did u buy the phone n how was it possible for you to pay just 2k to nipost?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Pentools(m): 10:12am On Jun 05, 2018
FunnyDude:
The iphoneX iI bought last month with a Gucci watch cost $1543. I didn't pay a dime...Just settled those Nipost guy 2k

Hmmmm, I'm surprised.
Where did u buy the phone n how was it possible for you to pay just 2k to nipost?

Abi u Dey rep ur monicker ni

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by gonkin(m): 10:15am On Jun 05, 2018
Isheep.

But seriously you could have purchased from Nigerian online stores. The custom duty is too high.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by okolet(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2018
Lets discuss bro
henriologistics:
I can do this for you at a far lesser fee,for both freighting and customs clearing.wont take a dime from you until your shipment arrives our Nigeria
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by yomcity: 10:23am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I am expecting a phone and 3 sport wears which invoice bears $1264 (abt 455k), sent through Fedex, I was suprised to receive a mail from Fedex that my import duty from Custom is N81,415.68

Please, is this normal, to me it's outrageous, even if there's gonna be any duty, it should not be beyond 15%.

I need your advises and guidelines, pls.chat mi up wt dis number and I ll help u out very easy u wont pay UpTo that trust mi,08160485205. ASAP
Thanks.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by HoodBillionaire: 10:27am On Jun 05, 2018
hahahaha
my guy letme show u mine
my guy if u nor pay
dem go sell am
share d money
happened to me last year
na street boys we dey align with ndlea
edit figures
mine was 5k and was edited to 45k
i curse dem tire
talk lies
mend dem
still dem hold am
baba swallow yur pride pay put.
if nt na confiscation shaps

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Therealev: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
but Nipost no dey charge like this naw, guy why dont u use nipost instead. I collect my iPhone and one gold ring from them cost me $1150 and nipost charge me #2100

True, Nipost doesn't charge exorbitantly.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by darmochy1(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2018
You coughed out a whopping 400k for phone. Why cry over mere 81k? You think we care about your ordeal? We have enough problems to deal with abeg.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Therealev: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2018
donbenie:
You don't have much of an option really,I've been in the same boat after using MYUS.COM to ship a Galaxy Tablet and FedEx as the Courier..it's all rather random as I had been using it without any issues..
Next time I suggest you use some of Nairaland shippers as I never had such an issue with them..

Could you please point me in the direction of these NL shippers? Perhaps a section where to find them. Thank you
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Elxandre(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2018
InvertedHammer:

With an account balance so huge, he should stop b#tching and pay up.

*/
Keep supporting corruption.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by philybuck(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2018
That’s the day light robbery these shipping companies do I’m conjuction with customs and atimes DSS, especially DHL, you need to pay and next time have the shipper insure the item over there, then declare total worth to be less than half the actual price, they can never open it and will only charge you based on the amount declared, those people are ripping off Nigerians everyday. I had an experience with DHL last year and at a point there were saying the items need to be cleared with DSS, I ended up paying extra 50k plus the 115k they charged me. I got wiser after that.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by warrenweste(m): 10:47am On Jun 05, 2018
brownemmanuel43:

Greetings, pls i will like u to hint me on nipost. We are expecting something from Bangdlash that weighs 5kg, pls how much could be the clearing cost. Thanks

Max 10k
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by warchild00: 10:51am On Jun 05, 2018
Its really Crazy, Lost an Iphone 6s Plus few year ago to customs at UPS.... Even after so much complains nothing was done.... 1st it showed it was with held by customs, after days.. It showed delivered.. and no UPS bike or Bus came close to my house to make delivery. DHL, Fedex, UPS are all scams. If NDLEA no seize packages at random. Customs would.
Its really annoying because there isn't any standard to this. You can have two packages containing the same item, one wld be seized and the other wouldn't... Seizure are done at random... When inspecting packages, once they see they can profit from it.. They hold it back.
Next time use shoptomydoor, impex and co, cheaper but slow but you would get it.. NEVER Try Fedex, UPS, DHL..
Don't mind that rubbish bill sent via Fedex.. Visit their office at Isolo and you can negotiate price
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Sholaystar4me(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2018
i experienced this like last month, so ama tell you what happened broski.

I got a camera and its lens for 1800 cad and and a small samsung 64gb for 200 cad, where i started having issue was when i couldn't get a third party company to help ship from Canada, i ended up going to DHL, I was charged 401 cad bro, it got to Naija , I was told I gotta clear with 120k naira, I was like wtf bruh...lol. I ended up meeting someone that helped put a call through to beat down the price all the way to 50k. Mehn after that my eye clear bro.

Still searching for third party company to help move items, that's what is keeping me from doing importation biz.

So I feel your pain.

Another thing I want to ask is, how sure are you the iphone X you got is not CLONED IPHONE X you will find it so hard to differentiate between the real thing and the fake with their latest improvement on the fake. Another reason why I can't buy iphones. samsung is quite easier to spot but not quite for an untrained eye.

#VictoryisFromGodAlone

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by warchild00: 10:54am On Jun 05, 2018
Elxandre:

Keep supporting corruption.
Its really annoying which kind talk that fool dey talk.. Say with account balance fat, pay.... Rubbish..
I really dont know how some people thing or talk, so because he has money, he should get ripped off...

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by kapai(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2018
Pls which of the online shops did you use Nipost on.
adetoroamos:
but Nipost no dey charge like this naw, guy why dont u use nipost instead. I collect my iPhone and one gold ring from them cost me $1150 and nipost charge me #2100
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by nairalandbuzz(m): 11:14am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
It was bought for 310k, 50k for shipping from US to Nigeria and now I'm facing 81k charges

Next time, use USPS or shipping agent
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 05, 2018
The mistake as being made... and I don't think you can tell them to return it back.... there are guys that import things for ppl or buy and import like mayoral I guess and I have a friend too... all d 50k u paid 4 shipping is just one chance 20$ will ship it to Nigeria.... if u need more info for your next shipping let me know... also ppl dont used Atm to paid 4 things or FedEx .....it's just too expensive..if it's from eBay or Amazon.... I know you are jolly just come...
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Norman4real(m): 11:19am On Jun 05, 2018
Lol, i was always of the impression that someone who can afford an iphone X shouldn't be one to complain about taxes. what will you do if you ever break it's screen coz it will cost about 40% of the phone's original price.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by einsteino(m): 11:23am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I'm only requesting for help or suggestions on what to do as a sane man who would not wanna rely only on his own understanding, I neva said I can't pay, as a businessman who has been doing this before, I already made my calculations that the landing cost would be around 330-340k, but the third party shipper which some are suggesting caused the high shipping rate, I had to accept not knowing it customs issues would still come up, I never wanted to use fedex, I always have dissatisfaction with them,

I'd like to thank all that gave useful suggestions without bashing, those that were negative too, thank you, it's a business, we should expect profit and loss, win some loose some!

N.B it can happen to anyone anytime, we are suppose to help each other not being negative to pull one's heart down.

My uncle once had to pay about 12k duties on a phone his friend sent to him as a gift from the U.S. I have never had to pay duties because I used a thirdparty logistic firm not FEDEX or the likes of DHL. There are several of these firms that bring in stuff at a way cheaper rate and without these unsavory stories. Shipping cost through them for a phone wouldnt even be up to 8k.
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Oworock(m): 11:40am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
I am expecting a phone and 3 sport wears which invoice bears $1264 (abt 455k), sent through Fedex, I was suprised to receive a mail from Fedex that my import duty from Custom is N81,415.68

Please, is this normal, to me it's outrageous, even if there's gonna be any duty, it should not be beyond 15%.

I need your advises and guidelines, pls.
Thanks.
That's how they do, it's a scam.
If truly it's the custom duty, then tell them you have to pay to remita, which is the official means of payment to any government parastaters.

I think it's high time we stand against all this attitude of the private companies in Nigeria by extorting us.

1 Like

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by wandeay: 11:41am On Jun 05, 2018
ibietela2:

It seems you have the money so pay up, next time using shoptomydoor

Thanks so much
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by toluxa1(m): 11:54am On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
It was bought for 310k, 50k for shipping from US to Nigeria and now I'm facing 81k charges

Next time contact me to help you ship your items from the US. You'd have paid only N5500 for your IPhone X. Its suicide shipping high value items directly from Merchant to Nigeria. You'll be extorted. I ship from the US and UK every week at Cheap rates. Delivery is 7 days. You can check my profile, iv been here for over 12 years. I'm very sad when I hear these kind of stories when there are incredibly cheaper options. Even shoptomydoor and Co are still way too expensive.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by temitimx19(m): 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Therealev:

Could you please point me in the direction of these NL shippers? Perhaps a section where to find them. Thank you
https://www.nairaland.com/4265344/buy-ship-deliver-usa-nigeria/20
I hope this will help.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by mollode: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
wandeay:
My major fear right now is Fedex must have added to the customs duty since they're the ones I'm communicating with, and they are not gonna provide a receipt for the payment, how do I trust them, since other people too complained abt them in particular.

Bro, if you have any contact in FedEx contact him/her.... they ill help u sort it out. FedEx has bn a scammer since the time I knw them. it's bn long I do dis biz so lost the contact I had. once u can get someone in FedEx.. . u should be able to negotiate that price NCS can't charge up to dat amount
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Felabiola: 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
Your own still good na..

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bigt2(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
donbenie:
https://www.nairaland.com/3289673/mayorall-cargobuy-ship-usa-china.
I've done business with him severally and comes highly recommended and trustworthy,though a bit of patience is required..
I'm that kind of person who buys from people, oyinbo inclusive but Mayorall simply put all eggs in one basket and won't ship from a white. Prejudice at its peak you'll call it undecided

I've registered on shoptomydoor, hope they're reliable
I called them this morning and they said I need to register...
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bethnals: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
mrjojo:
That money must surely be paid, no two ways about it. Next time use 3rd party logistics

What is 3rd party logistics?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by bethnals: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
CHESTER48:
to even cap it all. You wanted to eat all. Then u shipped direct instead of using 3rd party people here on nairaland. U don hear am next time. U go learn.

What is 3rd party logistics?
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by samodan(m): 12:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
I read through this thread and I'm disappointed with the replies
Nigerians are just so wicked and unreasonable
I think it's frustration

It's not so difficult to say, "oh, if you had been well informed, you wouldn't have shipped it directly, these third party guys do it fast and way cheaper, I recommend Bleep person"

Nawa
I'm not really experienced in this stuff but I know friends that import weekly for reasonable costs and I will never try these big courier companies

Sorry OP

3 Likes

Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by brownemmanuel43(m): 12:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
adetoroamos:
go to ur Nipost area and ask dem.
OK brother, pls can I get your digits, biko
Re: I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help by Sholaystar4me(m): 12:44pm On Jun 05, 2018
CAN YOU PLEASE RECOMMEND ANY THAT SHIP FROM CANADA TO NIGERIA?

sauceEEP:
Op next time use third party logistic companies, we have many of them on nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Unboxing, Review & Camera Comparison W/ Iphone 11 Pro(photos) / See The Hilarious Text I Received From Etisalat / Dear Customer You Are Not Allowed To Call This Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.