Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (48326 Views)

LASG To Rebuild Igbosere High Court Burnt During Civil Unrest Of 2020 / SSS Invites Bishop Kukah For Saying Buhari Is Soft On Terrorism, Banditry / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by MI360digri: 11:20pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hmmmmmmmm some people on this tread are really going crazy
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 11:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
tishbite41:
the same way miyetti Allah are showing mercy to the middle belters. Fulani herdsmen on the beat , bubu move ur feet!!!

Wetin Middle-Belt take do you? shocked Are you normal?
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mayrock:

exactly but the issue is dat dey hv not seen war, dey hv not created any any weapon b4, how can they now.
purely brainless set of people.

Next year no far again.

I just dey laugh the nincompoops.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by chinonso47: 11:24pm On Jun 04, 2018
Bia does this dullard of a President even have aides??
What is their jobs??
Must they always allow this retard to be churning out extraordinary thrash everyday like zeeworld...

3 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by DateMynd44(m): 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2018
Cowbuhari:

Buhari brain stay of my mentions

it's my heart not yours... onye ala

mechie onu gi dia. I'm Igbo like u just that I'm engaged that's why I'm not as jobless as IPOB. Ndi ara

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by chinonso47: 11:25pm On Jun 04, 2018
Bia does this dullard of a President even have aides??
What is their jobs??
Must they always allow this man to be churning out extraordinary thrash everyday like zeeworld...
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
Are you trying to vilify just one side in the war?

In war both sides are guilty.
What about the massacres carried out amongst minorities by Biafrans? Or killings hey committed in the Midwest? Or the bombings in Lagos carried out by the Biafran air wing?

Don't justify any of the sides.

And don't over-dramatise the president's statement. If you are well educated and can comprehend well, you can easily tell that the Journalists played up the headline to raise controversy.
They don't like talking about such things. They always cover it up, and pretend that their soldiers were saints during the war..... undecided

4 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by tishbite41(m): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
LaudableXX:

Wetin Middle-Belt take do you? shocked Are you normal?
depends on ur demented logic!!!
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
tishbite41:
depends on ur demented logic, tishbite41!!!
Fixed.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Cowbuhari: 11:35pm On Jun 04, 2018
DateMynd44:
mechie onu gi dia. I'm Igbo like u just that I'm engaged that's why I'm not as jobless as IPOB. Ndi ara

empty drum always make tha loudest noise
you are engaged and am not engaged right??
and not everyone supporting tha biafran dream is an ipob member FYI!!!

yeye dey smell...

3 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by tishbite41(m): 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
LaudableXX:
Fixed.
keep on fixing, lol. please fix this too!!!
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by millionboi2: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
ukukaegbu:
The speaker is stupid
Very stupid
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 11:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
tishbite41:
keep on fixing, lol. please fix this too!!!

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by powerkey: 11:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
Bastard terrorist President
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by powerkey: 11:50pm On Jun 04, 2018
I will slap Buhari anywhere I see him
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by DaBullIT(m): 12:00am On Jun 05, 2018
They read the topic alone

Typical of them
ecosanders:
This are his words!!

"I rememeber with nostalgia the performance of the Commander-in-Chief, General Gowon. Every commander was given a copy of the Commander-in-Chief's instructions that we were not fighting enemies but that we were fighting our brothers. And thus, people were constrained to show a lot of restraint."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 12:27am On Jun 05, 2018
I can only blame the RCCG, that spearheaded the emergence of this man.

Thank U , RCCG....
Just because of ur selfish interest, and self recognition u permitted and sponsored a SAN and sound Intellectual to deputize this man.

when I start blasting churches people will call me Antichrist.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by bluecircle470: 1:19am On Jun 05, 2018
Sincerely I was one of those who supported this man in 2015 election, suddenly my spirit and soul started hating his attitude which i never knew why. With the look of things, i can see why i am disliking him the more. #monumentaldissaster
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Bugos4real(m): 1:25am On Jun 05, 2018
nothing like being soft on Biafra's during the war.Nigeria army used every war strategy known as at then against the biafrans.when it appeared they were not succeeding, they engaged mercenaries to help themselves.what explanations will he give to justify throwing bombs in the market places that killed numerous women and children,killing unarmed aged men and women resting there aged bones in there huts,starvations and dreaded economic policy even after the war.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by bosco2017: 1:46am On Jun 05, 2018
Yyeske:
Mr President should've just kept quiet on this as this is the bane of the hate.
These are some of the things our people are trying to forget but you are bringing it up again.

correct but YOU cannot wish away Biafra. Biafra is spirit . Buhari is having guilty conscience because the evil they committed in the name of war is still following him . Never trust buhari . Is evil man , blood tasty and a liar
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by 2016v2017: 2:11am On Jun 05, 2018
stane007:
Speaking at his investiture as Grand Patron of the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) at the presidential villa in Abuja, President Buhari insinuated that the Nigerian army showed lots of restraints on Biafrans during the civil war. 

According to President Buhari, Yakubu Gowon, who was the then head of state issued strict instructions to the army that Biafrans were not enemies, but “brothers and sisters of the rest of Nigerians”.

“Earlier in my profession, during the civil war, I know how much sacrifice members of the Nigerian Red Cross and their international counterparts did both in the real front of operations and at the rear, on both sides. I think it is a lot of sacrifices because anything can happen to you in the operational areas.

“The risks they faced were real and I admire their courage and commitment to helping people who were in distress and were virtually in millions. Those photographs of people from the Biafra enclave spoke a lot.

“I remember with nostalgia the performance of the commander-in-chief, General Yakubu Gowon. Every commander was given a copy of the commander-in-chief’s instructions that we were not fighting enemies but that we were fighting our brothers. And thus, people were constrained to show a lot of restraint.

“The international observer teams were allowed to go as far as possible within and outside the front and I think this was generous and very considerate of General Gowon. He is a highly committed Nigerian" he said.

The civil war broke out in 1967 — after eastern Nigeria declared “Republic of Biafra” — and ended in 1970 with claims that millions were killed, mostly from starvation as a result of a blockade by the Nigerian government.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-army-was-soft-on-biafrans-during-civil-war-president-buhari/

Lalasticlala
Buhari,may mystery thunder destroy you and your entire family.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by 2016v2017: 2:13am On Jun 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:
The red cross of Nigeria is very stupid and useless for investituting a man whose leadership of the armed forces recently over saw the the cold blooded massacre of over 1000 shias in cold blood and buried in mass grave , an event that will forever remain a case study in the anals of classic Human right abuses ...Further its also an irony that a man who is grand patron of Miyetti Allah a Fulani group that has tacticly one way or the other overseen the gruesome murders of over 5000 innocent Nigerians in just 3 years by it's members is now also being made the grand patron of the Red cross ... this investiture is grossly unbecoming for an organization that prides it's self as an arbiter of global peace and fair play during Warcraft.
some of the respected organizations have joined politics indirectly and lost their relevance
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by 2016v2017: 2:20am On Jun 05, 2018
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Bastard Cow!

The incident at Asaba proves you a liar! Devil punish you there foolish buhari

The Federal troops entered Asaba around October 5, and began ransacking houses and killing civilians, claiming they were Biafran sympathisers. Reports suggest that several hundred may have been killed individually and in groups at various locations in the town. Leaders summoned the townspeople to assemble on the morning of October 7, hoping to end the violence through a show of support for "One Nigeria." Hundreds of men, women, and children, many wearing the ceremonial akwa ocha (white) attire paraded along the main street, singing, dancing, and chanting "One Nigeria." At a junction, men and teenage boys were separated from women and young children, and gathered in an open square at Ogbe-Osowa village. Federal troops revealed machine guns, and orders were given, reportedly by Second-in-Command, Maj. Ibrahim Taiwo, to open fire. It is estimated that more than 700 men and boys were killed, some as young as 12 years old, in addition to many more killed in the preceding days.

The bodies of some victims were retrieved by family members and buried at home. But most were buried in mass graves, without appropriate ceremony. Many extended families lost dozens of men and boys. Federal troops occupied Asaba for many months, during which time most of the town was destroyed, many women and girls were raped or forcibly "married," and large numbers of citizens fled, often not returning until the war ended in 1970. The total death toll during early October was in excess of 1,000, although the exact numbers will likely never be known.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by 2016v2017: 2:22am On Jun 05, 2018
Vinstel:
Buhari is a bloody liar and murderer
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by godofuck231: 2:52am On Jun 05, 2018
stane007:
Speaking at his investiture as Grand Patron of the Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) at the presidential villa in Abuja, President Buhari insinuated that the Nigerian army showed lots of restraints on Biafrans during the civil war. 

According to President Buhari, Yakubu Gowon, who was the then head of state issued strict instructions to the army that Biafrans were not enemies, but “brothers and sisters of the rest of Nigerians”.

“Earlier in my profession, during the civil war, I know how much sacrifice members of the Nigerian Red Cross and their international counterparts did both in the real front of operations and at the rear, on both sides. I think it is a lot of sacrifices because anything can happen to you in the operational areas.

“The risks they faced were real and I admire their courage and commitment to helping people who were in distress and were virtually in millions. Those photographs of people from the Biafra enclave spoke a lot.

“I remember with nostalgia the performance of the commander-in-chief, General Yakubu Gowon. Every commander was given a copy of the commander-in-chief’s instructions that we were not fighting enemies but that we were fighting our brothers. And thus, people were constrained to show a lot of restraint.

“The international observer teams were allowed to go as far as possible within and outside the front and I think this was generous and very considerate of General Gowon. He is a highly committed Nigerian" he said.

The civil war broke out in 1967 — after eastern Nigeria declared “Republic of Biafra” — and ended in 1970 with claims that millions were killed, mostly from starvation as a result of a blockade by the Nigerian government.

https://lailasnews.com/nigerian-army-was-soft-on-biafrans-during-civil-war-president-buhari/

Lalasticlala

Massob better hide your head o lol,
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nature8(m): 4:06am On Jun 05, 2018
Leonbonapart:
Buhari, the God who made the heaven and the earth will judge you. The blood of the slain by your Fulani foot soldiers will fight you

Amen
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by zlatan(m): 5:56am On Jun 05, 2018
Whatever happened to using the chibok girls exchange as an example of red cross commitment...
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by GuyfawkesAB(m): 5:58am On Jun 05, 2018
You guys don't seem to amaze me.

Continue your shallow fantasies of taking up arms in a rebellion. Python dance will be child's play.

You think because you make so much noise, that translates to you having the monopoly of creating violence? An empty barrel makes...

We are waiting for what you want to do, I hope it won't be late by the time you realize we are more prepared than you thought.

HiddenShadow:

Don't worry when Buhari set the country ablaze next year, you will definitely be forced to show your skills on the battle field.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HiddenShadow: 6:09am On Jun 05, 2018
GuyfawkesAB:
You guys don't seem to amaze me.

Continue your shallow fantasies of taking up arms in a rebellion. Python dance will be child's play.

You think because you make so much noise, that translates to you having the monopoly of creating violence? An empty barrel makes...

We are waiting for what you want to do, I hope it won't be late by the time you realize we are more prepared than you thought.

Why are you talking too much when we all know that you will definitely be drafted to fight in order for guys like me to butcher you on the battlefield.

2 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by omohayek: 6:24am On Jun 05, 2018
Blue3k:

I still dont agree with his ststement. The nigerian Military wasnt lenient, soft, restrained or how ever anyone wishes to phase it. Theirs currently a starvstion blockade in Yemen and nobody in the world will get to say Saudi Arabia is be restrained or lenient with use of force.

You can possibly argue that Ojukwu might have been at fault for not agreeing to cease fire earlier. Ojukwu rejecting food from Nigerian aid channels for fear they were poisoned.
It's fine to disagree with the statement, but that still doesn't justify equating it with the claim that "the Nigerian army was soft on Biafrans", which is blatantly insinuating that Buhari would have preferred much harsher treatment. It's fine to dismiss his claims about Gowon advocating "restraint" to "brothers" as mere spin, but that's still a very different attitude to the brutal one suggested by the dishonest, traffic-hungry OP.

3 Likes

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by MrErudite(m): 6:27am On Jun 05, 2018
buhariguy:
This my guy again. How will the jobless lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra feel right now?

U are senseless.....
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Kosy79(f): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2018
GeeString:

They 'feels' you should learn English Language first before trolling.
Savage. Daluu! nwanne

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Kwankwaso Behind Video Of Governor Ganduje Receiving $5m Bribe" - CSOs / Kuje Jailbreak: 69 Persons Wanted By Nigerian Correctional Service (Photos) / Pictures As Peter Obi Campaigns In Ekpoma, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.