Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari (48318 Views)

LASG To Rebuild Igbosere High Court Burnt During Civil Unrest Of 2020 / SSS Invites Bishop Kukah For Saying Buhari Is Soft On Terrorism, Banditry / Thank You Ireland For Helping Us During Civil War – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 12:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
Bugos4real:
nothing like being soft on Biafra's during the war.Nigeria army used every war strategy known as at then against the biafrans.when it appeared they were not succeeding, they engaged mercenaries to help themselves.what explanations will he give to justify throwing bombs in the market places that killed numerous women and children,killing unarmed aged men and women resting there aged bones in there huts,starvations and dreaded economic policy even after the war.
As if the Biafran side did not engage mercenaries to help them out during the war. Didn't they bomb cinema houses in lagos that killed innocent civilians? Didn't they ransack the Middle-belt communities, where they killed innocent people? What about the old Midwest? Abeg, when you are telling a story, please tell all the different sides of that story....
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by GeeString: 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Kosy79:
Savage. Daluu! nwanne

Lol. grin Abi na
You have to be almost perfect to troll others na.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
itchie:
This brain dead dullardin always making a fool of himself. The history of the devilish actions of the Nigerian forces against the Biafrans is well documented. Does he think he can erase history with those nonsensical words coming out of his dirty gworo chewing mouth
Stop ranting and read the story. Don't follow misleading headlines.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by DonXavi(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by HotMata: 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
Let my quickly ask,
How many of you have read through this document >>> https://mailchi.mp/statehouse/podecast-3-years-of-the-buhari-administration-an-overview Just should in case you haven't please do now. Focus on what is real so we can all move forward together.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by CSTR1003: 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2018
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 2:08pm On Jun 05, 2018
CSTR1003:
You are more prepared?
I hope you are talking about your ethnic group against the igbo nation instead of hiding behind Nigeria.

Head to head against any single ethnic group in Nigeria, the igbos win 9 times out of ten.

They took over the midwest in a day, onroute to the south -west which would have fallen too, but for Nigerian army coupled with a betrayal from a biafran soldier.
Which Southwest would have fallen? shocked Are you aware that the federal govt in Lagos, had stockpiled arms in different parts of the North & Southwest at that time, which were superior to the arms being used by the Biafran army? In fact, it is on record that the Biafran battalion that was en-route to Lagos was badly kitted, without adequate weaponry. They were also helplessly outmanned and outgunned by the federal forces.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by CSTR1003: 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2018
CSTR1003:
The FG had stockpiled arms in Lagos and not the western government.
The western government if left alone would have been overrun, which was why I said no single ethnic in Nigeria can defeat the igbos without the Nigerian military cover.

Biafran forces were sweeping their way west, they conquered the mid west, conquering ondo only to be met with opposition by the Nigerian army at ore.

Yes, the federal forces were more kitted since they were funded by Nigeria which was why I said the only force that could have stopped the biafran onslaught were federal forces, not because they are smarter, but due to the difference in available resource and manpower.

Any other ethnic alignment in the south or middle belt would have fallen like a pack of cards before biafra.

What is the distance between Lagos, Ibadan and other parts of the Southwest? The distance is much shorter than you think. So what makes you think the federal forces would not have easily taken up positions within the different parts of the Southwest to stop the advance of the Biafran soldiers? After all, they had superior ammunition, better equipped manpower and good logistics, under their control.

Secondly, the Biafran forces did not conquer the old Midwest. sad There was internal collusion between Midwest soldiers of Igbo origin serving within the region, and the Biafran soldiers coming in from the SE. So this collusion, ensured that old Midwest fell into their hands. Not only that, Ojukwu had agreed with Ejoor, that the old Midwest would be neutral. So there was no army battalion stationed there, and zero federal fighting forces. So how much armed opposition, did the Biafran soldiers face in the old Midwest? Nil.

Thirdly, your ideology that "Any other ethnic alignment in the south or middle belt would have fallen like a pack of cards before biafra," has no basis in reality. sad You just admitted that "the federal forces were more kitted since they were funded by Nigeria which was why I said the only force that could have stopped the biafran onslaught were federal forces.... due to the difference in available resource and manpower." So that means, the Biafran forces would have been soundly defeated by the federal forces in any armed expedition to the Southwest. Can you see how you just contradicted yourself?

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by CSTR1003: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2018

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by LaudableXX: 2:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
CSTR1003:
It seems comprehension is your problem.

Or maybe you are mistaking federal forces for Yoruba forces.

Ojukwu was the regional governor of the eastern region. His biafra did not depend on federal government weapons and resources.

If he had come in conflict with a Yoruba regional government devoid of the Nigerian army cover, his victory would have been swift.

If ojukwu had come in conflict with a Yoruba resistance funded by Yoruba/western regional resources and brain, biafran victory would have swift.

Ojujwu lost in the South West because Nigeria along with her foreign and resources defeated him.

Any ethnic resistance to the biafra would have failed .It took the whole of Nigeria to stop biafra.

Guy, there was nothing like regional Yoruba govt without federal forces, before the war. sad The Nigerian Armed Forces were under central control or command, right from independence. undecided Go back into history, because almost everything you just wrote is a fallacy. If you remember, there was once a call for the armed forces to pull back from the old Western region before the war, as the army was heavily dominated by soldiers of northern origin. That call was not heeded.

Ojukwu declared secession, then converted the existing Nigerian Army equipment, armoury and forces to the Biafran forces. undecided Tons of people of SE origin also went back to the East, to join the Biafran Army. Other young people in the SE region were also conscripted into their ranks. Ojukwu also tried to buy additional arms from foreign countries like France etc, and sent different emissaries to do so on its behalf. So where did you get this idea about the Biafran armed forces, having the capacity to defeat the rest of Nigeria?
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by peterphd(m): 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2018
CSTR1003:

It seems comprehension is your problem.

Or maybe you are mistaking federal forces for Yoruba forces.

Ojukwu was the regional governor of the eastern region. His biafra did not depend on federal government weapons and resources.

If he had come in conflict with a Yoruba regional government devoid of the Nigerian army cover, his victory would have been swift.

If ojukwu had come in conflict with a Yoruba resistance funded by Yoruba/western regional resources and brain, biafran victory would have been swift.

Ojujwu lost in the South West because Nigeria along with her foreign allies and resources defeated him.

Any ethnic resistance to biafra would have failed .It took the whole of Nigeria to stop biafra.

Off topic

Continuous Stir Tank Reactor, are you a chemical engineer?
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Malawian(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2018
Yyeske:
That I'm anti IPOB doesn't mean I'm anti Igbo or anti Biafra, I've said this several times on this forum.

The president shouldn't have brought this up now, I still remember what my parents told us as kids about the war, my dad was a Biafran soldier then and those tales still scare me till date.
Several massacres occurred during the war and most never got to the mainstream media so Mr President saying this is totally wrong and uncalled for.

Anam abia east very soon. Agbataro kwa nke a n'oso.

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
Very childish thing to say for his position.
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Ochibavictor(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mayrock:

illiteracy and bad reasoning is a disease bro...

wise up

So what I said was as a result of illiteracy? You're saying you'll build nuclear weapons like say no beans.... You don't even know how to make matches... If den give you two stones, u no fit even make am spark (talk less of making fire out of it),but hell naw, I'm the illiterate? The person who's trying make you argue with facts and not your heart is a person who has bad reasoning? Broz, ur case is yabaleft Worthy

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ochibavictor:

So what I said was as a result of illiteracy? You're saying you'll build nuclear weapons like say no beans.... You don't even know how to make matches... If den give you two stones, u no fit even make am spark (talk less of making fire out of it),but hell naw, I'm the illiterate? The person who's trying make you argue with facts and not your heart is a person who has bad reasoning? Broz, ur case is yabaleft Worthy

OK case closed
Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Stevenson1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
manu1:
THIS DULLARD IS POSSIBLY UNAWARE OF THE FACT THAT PLANES CARRYING RELIEF SUPPLIES TO BIAFRANS WERE BOMBED BY THIS SAME NIGERIAN ARMY THAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT HERE, LEADING TO THE DEATHS OF SO MANY FOREIGN AID WORKERS , AN INTERNATIONAL CRIME UNDER THE GENEVA CONVENTION.
NIGERIAN ARMY BLOCKADED BIAFRAN TERRITORY SO THAT FOOD AND AID AND VITAL MEDICATION WAS NOT ALLOWED INTO THE ENCLAVE.

STARVATION WAS USED AS A WEAPON OF WAR TO ENSURE COLLOSAL CASUALTIES, MILLIONS PERISHED, MOSTLY WEAK AND VULNERABLE CHILDREN, AS WELL AS THE AGED. WHAT CRIME DID THESE POOR PEOPLE COMMIT TO DESERVE THIS KIND OF HORRIFIC DEATH?

WHAT THEN, IS THE DEFINITION OF GENOCIDE??

THIS CLOWN SHOULD SEARCH HARDER FOR HIS CERTIFICATE.

My brother, I'm a confirm Igbo boy and I will tell you the truth. in war, you don't pity your enemy, you just destroy them with everything you got. Igbos fought their war alone. They were betrayed and were also fought against with so many help from neighbouring Countries. My issues with this is that, War is a delicate issues which should be taken and spoken with cautions. Buhari's statement on this Issue could increase the moral and mind of ownership of Nigeria by his brothers with the already mindset they got and also could make we the Biafran's more furious. The man is just not qualified to make any statements concerning the affairs of Nigerians or Nigeria itself. We are already hurt with the kind of things we witness in Nigeria and that is why majority of Igbos if not all wants quit out of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
Stevenson1:

My brother, I'm a confirm Igbo boy and I will tell you the truth. in war, you don't pity your enemy, you just destroy them with everything you got. Igbos fought their war alone. They were betrayed and were also fought against with so many help from neighbouring Countries. My issues with this is that, War is a delicate issues which should be taken and spoken with cautions. Buhari's statement on this Issue could increase the moral and mind of ownership of Nigeria by his brothers with the already mindset they got and also could make we the Biafran's more furious. The man is just not qualified to make any statements concerning the affairs of Nigerians or Nigeria itself. We are already hurt with the kind of things we witness in Nigeria and that is why majority of Igbos if not all wants quit out of Nigeria.

I don't want to cry again or my children meet this country called Nigeria

sincerely we want out of this country.

1 Like

Re: 'nigerian Army Was Soft On Biafrans During Civil War' - President Buhari by Cowbuhari: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2018
DateMynd44:
mechie onu gi dia. I'm Igbo like u just that I'm engaged that's why I'm not as jobless as IPOB. Ndi ara

wehdone ooo oga engagement ring..nobi today nyansh don dey for back
empty smelling and rusty drums always make the loudest noise

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / N23b Oshodi Transport Hub VS N19b Uyo Stadium - Which White Elephant Is Whiter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.