Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Why Strong Currency Is Atiku Abubakar’s Agenda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Strong Currency Is Atiku Abubakar’s Agenda (290 Views)

Where Is Atiku Abubakar? / New Minimum Wage: Why Is Atiku Or The PDP Not Saying Anything? / Why Is Atiku Being Referred To As An IPOB Candidate In The North? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Strong Currency Is Atiku Abubakar’s Agenda by nazzyon(m): 8:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Whenever I listen to some of our economists proposing a stronger naira I wonder on what economic development theory they are basing their argument.

First, any proposal of a strong currency is never done with pro-real sector investment, pro-growth, pro-jobs or pro-poverty alleviation fully considered. That explains why I’m not only strongly opposed to this kind of economics. I always try to do so with enough convincing evidence to prove my case.

I say so because to believe that the strength of any economy is dependent on the strength of its currency and as a result promotes its competitiveness only amounts to poor knowledge of the workings of modern international trade and why downward currency manipulation is the surest way to play to win in the economic competitiveness game.
http://www.theguildng.com/why-strong-currency-is-atiku-abubakars-agenda/

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Ikpeazu Suspends Illegal Task Force Activities In Aba / OBJ, IBB, Jonathan, Others Not Enemies Of Nigeria – Fani-kayode / Eid-el-fitri: Police Speak On Impending Herdsmen Attack In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.