Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today (48982 Views)

See The Snake Killed In My House Today / Huge Python Killed Behind My House Yesterday / See The Huge Monitor Lizard That Was Killed Near My House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by fashrola(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2018
frankmelv:
but i heard chameleons match with the colour of the environment it finds itself in... how come

Read this

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/11/chameleons-dont-change-color-to-match-their-environment/
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by StevieAbraks111(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
Why should things like this be crawling into your house? Ehn? Answer me embarassed
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Mzsolmi(f): 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2018
menix:
OP.. do U ve anyone bleaching in ur home
If u watch, the chameleon is putting on a confused color...
LMAO...am dead
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by egbusi1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioblgpA5eTo

Chameleon Changing Color

A Chameleon changes color out in the wild of Madagascar. This lizard walks along a branch and sticks out his tongue, changing from red to pink to green to yellow and blue. A master of camouflage when it wants to be unseen and a bright beacon of showmanship when its courting a partner or fighting off a rival.

Thanks for this video, really amazing thing to see.

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by egbusi1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
Bluezy13:

Proximity.

It is a defensive camouflage when it perceives threat.
Besides, from the picture, it is not close to any structure, like walking under and in the midst of grasses. You don't expect it to change to the colour of the ground.

NB:
It doesn't literally change colour, it's skin is mirror-like and shiny such that it reflects the light rays from closely surrounding objects and this gives the illusion that it changes colour.

It can be in a greenish environment but appears bluish because it's numerous skin pigments actually at that particular instance reflect the blue spectrum of light from the sun.

It's perceived colour at a particular is as a result of the particular wavelength of light It reflects.
Science students will understand better.

I don tire sef!
cheesy
I think I should stop here.

Cc: frankmelv

Thanks, this is very educative.

2 Likes

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by menix(m): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
Mzsolmi:
LMAO...am dead

Biko don't die Maka nah nlikirigi.
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by obowunmi(m): 2:20pm On Jun 05, 2018
whose Aunty is that?
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Bluezy13(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
egbusi1:

Thanks, this is very educative.
Welcome bro, would have explained better if this platform permitted. Beauty of Colour Chemistry.

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by frankmelv(m): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2018
Bluezy13:

Proximity.

Besides, from the picture, it is not close to any structure, like walking under and in the midst of grasses. You don't expect it to change to the colour of the ground.

NB:
It doesn't literally change colour, it's skin is mirror-like and shiny such that it reflects the light rays from closely surrounding objects and this gives the illusion that it changes colour.

It can be in a greenish environment but appears bluish because it's numerous skin pigments actually at that particular instance reflect the blue spectrum of light from the sun.

It's perceived colour at a particular is as a result of the particular wavelength of light It reflects.

I don tire sef!
cheesy

All this grammar you're speaking... my Teacher in primary school did not speak it when she was telling us about chameleon... but thanks

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Nostradamus: 2:31pm On Jun 05, 2018
Bros that's a chameleon,give me,i will pound some native soap,some cowries,some leaves(including ewe Aje), efun and some other ingredients to give you what Yorubas call awure osole(a powerful charm that gives financial success).the only thing I require is you will show appreciation when the money start coming in(i won't collect a dime from you now, only the chameleon.but you show me love when the charmed soap start working on your aura and you attract money everywhere).Are you game??
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
The think no come change colour...
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by tunezvic(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nostradamus:
Bros that's a chameleon,give me,i will pound some native soap,some cowries,some leaves(including ewe Aje), efun and some other ingredients to give you what Yorubas call awure osole(a powerful charm that gives financial success).the only thing I require is you will show appreciation when the money start coming in(i won't collect a dime from you now, only the chameleon.but you show me love when the charmed soap start working on your aura and you attract money everywhere).Are you game??
I hope you will be responsible for the repercussions
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Nostradamus: 3:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
tunezvic:
I hope you will be responsible for the repercussions
the only repercussion is financial success for the user.
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Jaytecq(m): 3:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
Bluezy13:

Proximity.

NB:

I don tire sef!
cheesy

nice one, u ar not totally wrong

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by delishpot: 3:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
what a beauty
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by shomutuski(m): 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2018
egbusi1:

Do Clerics buy it?

yeah........ Alfas i know of.. they use it for something like that

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Hungrychicken(m): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
you go soon hear say cameleon don thief.
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Bluezy13(m): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
frankmelv:

All this grammar you're speaking... my Teacher in primary school did not speak it when she was telling us about chameleon... but thanks

cheesy
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
egbusi1:

Is it Nigeria?

Do not eat! I repeat, Do not eat!!!

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by olametrix(m): 6:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
9ja self,see as 9ja chameleon look like negative patient, see oyinbo own now, its tym to sue buhari

1 Like

Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
OneCorner:
Op u are a goner. This is village people confirmed. Village people just tracked ur location.
I cry for ur destiny! Chai!!!
laugh was destroy me for here abeg
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by sulasa07(m): 8:29pm On Jun 05, 2018
egbusi1:
What's it called?
Did you capture the photos when it was crawling in.
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by egbusi1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
sulasa07:

Did you capture the photos when it was crawling in.

No, I used a stick to stop it before taking the pictures.
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by sulasa07(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
egbusi1:

No, I used a stick to stop it before taking the pictures.
This is Nigeria where everybody is a Lai Mohammed
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by sapeleboi(m): 11:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
don't be surprise is one of your uncles cheesy
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Kingnonny(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2018
Like that pet so much, had one back in the school days named *Jackson
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by Abayor7: 11:57am On Jun 06, 2018
egbusi1:

God forbid

Na play no mind him.
Please keep it as a pet or perhaps sell it to people who knows the usefulness.
It's a dalicacy but I can't reveal the usefulness online here
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by egbusi1(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
Abayor7:

Na play no mind him.
Please keep it as a pet or perhaps sell it to people who knows the usefulness.
It's a dalicacy but I can't reveal the usefulness online here

Please email me the usefulness, I will appreciate it so much.
Re: This Chameleon Crawled Into My House Today by steffi01(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2018
No be only village pipu..mtcheew! Una too wicket with bad comments. Sombori asked a simfu kwesion, is it a Klime
My frend all is well. Take heart eh.. Maybe you should ask ifa next time angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) / Big Python Killed At FGGC Staff Quarters Calabar (pix) / Gas Explosion Rocks Kaduna, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.