Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail (12316 Views)

Kogi Governor Yahaya Bello's Security Detail & Soldiers Clash At Checkpoint / Breaking; SSS Arrests Senator Yari For Ignoring Bola Tinubu’s Phone Call. / Breaking: SSS DG Bichi Conducts Secret, Uneven Recruitment;north: 535; South: 93 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by OfficialAwol(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2018
TheCabal:

And only a simpleton assumes the victor is the man who remains on his feet. grin

What is your measure of victory?
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Bodexman(m): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2018
sirequity:
grin

Saraki go and thank PDP

Which PDP?

He should rather be grateful to the mere commissioner whose timely intervention saved him from being harassed by the transmission IGP.
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Truckpusher(m): 1:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
CilicMarin:
Over 12 Personnel(from SSS only) were withdrawn? shocked shocked, meaning he has about 24 SSS men guarding only him?

Now let's do simple caculation:

24 SSS men

30 Policemen

15 Civil Defence Men

15 Soldiers

That is over 100 Security personnel guarding one Criminal

This country is gone!
grin grin The last two sentences got me rotfl
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by troublemakea(m): 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
DeOTR:
Why do these people need so much security details? Imagine a whole platoon guarding one man. This is a country where the police-citizen ratio is equivalent to 1:500.
This country is going to hell.
Like Buhari, like Saraki. I know Buhari corruption fight is directed only to perceived enemies. This case will be swept under the carpet as usual and he, Buhari will regret doing so, because given the slightest chance, Saraki will destroy him for even making an attempt to disgrace him.

exactly bro I was telling my friend yesterday. I even heard where they wrote buhari ordered IGP to arrest a whole current sitting senate president

then I knew buhari has finally n totally lost it
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
OfficialAwol:

What is your measure of victory?

A series of events that lead to certain objective. Events; can be anything. You can even get humiliated publicly and it would steer your closer to your objective.

48 laws of power; not my favorite (the bible of the mediocre, rules have been overplayed)
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince (Classic) (Tinibu and Buhari are good examples) (this is the apex)
The art of Seduction (Dino Melaiye is a good example)
The art of War (El-Rufai is good example)

Saraki, is trying to play "The Prince" but he does not have real power, you need far reaching influence to play "The Prince". Maybe as a governor in Kwara, that would be easier or as Senate president in the senate house, but at a full blown game; Saraki is very much expendable without dire consequences.

Stop using your eyes to think. Ask yourself, how does Saraki gain from this situation? Is your definition of victory what he needs at his this time? Not discounting his current case in the courts.

No doubt Saraki is a smart man but his limitation is that he played local politics all his life. This is his first time playing 36 teams/6 groups. He cannot see the full board , his best strategy when he became Senate president was to retain his seat for the second time.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by justy15: 2:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
How come the DSS that have not had a spokesperson since marylin Ogar left came to rebuff allegation of withdrawing personnel from saraki n others.
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by koboko69: 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2018
CilicMarin:
Over 12 Personnel(from SSS only) were withdrawn? shocked shocked, meaning he has about 24 SSS men guarding only him?

24 SSS men

30 Policemen

15 Civil Defence Men

15 Soldiers

That is over 100 Security personnel guarding one Criminal?

This country is gone!

My brother....the thing tire me o!
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by vertueptime: 3:12pm On Jun 05, 2018
CilicMarin:

24 SSS men

30 Policemen

15 Civil Defence Men

15 Soldiers

This country is gone!

Hes the head of legistlature, how many sec officers does the president and cjn move with? If they should charge u to court for calling him criminal ul begin to cry. He must be protected as number 3 citizen.
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by IsaAbubakar: 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
[s]
CilicMarin:

24 SSS men

30 Policemen

15 Civil Defence Men

15 Soldiers

This country is gone!
[/s]
Stop disgracing yourself ngeneukwenu
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
everything na politricks

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by greatcrown: 3:33pm On Jun 05, 2018
It will be suicidal for Saraki to be trusting and relying on the security personnel provided by the presidency.

How I wish Saraki can arrange his private security without recourse to the executive.
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by merit455(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
CilicMarin:

24 SSS men

30 Policemen

15 Civil Defence Men

15 Soldiers

This country is gone!

How did you calculate this,
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by MartinCorridon: 4:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
TheCabal:

A series of events that lead to certain objective. Events; can be anything. You can even get humiliated publicly and it would steer your closer to your objective.

48 laws of power; not my favorite (the bible of the mediocre, rules have been overplayed)
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince (Classic) (Tinibu and Buhari are good examples) (this is the apex)

Saraki, is trying to play "The Prince" but he does not have real power, you need far reaching influence to play "The Prince". Maybe as a governor in Kwara, that would be easier or as Senate president in the senate house, but at a full blown game; Saraki is very much expendable without dire consequences.

Stop using your eyes to think. Ask yourself, how does Saraki gain from this situation? Is your definition of victory what he needs at his this time? Not discounting his current case in the courts.

No doubt Saraki is a smart man but his limitation is that he played local politics all his life. This is his first time playing 36 teams/6 groups. He cannot see the full board , his best strategy when he became Senate president was to retain his seat for the second time.

i love readers and i am surprised you rate 48 laws of power as mediocre.

Haven't read Art of War and The Prince though i have great knowledge about the 2. I just learnt the language might be a bit archaic and difficult to follow.

I dislike Bukola but admire his political IQ. Are you sure he isn't winning? He seems to be flooring the IGP & PMB on the regular.

I know first hand the havoc he has wrecked in Kwara by the way and wish he can be taken down. Unfortunately only someone as ruthless as OBJ can do that at the moment.

Excellent analysis by the way
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2018
CilicMarin:

24 SSS men

30 Policemen

15 Civil Defence Men

15 Soldiers

This country is gone!

Each governor of a state is entitled to at least 300 police men... That is just police men alone
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Haven't read Art of War and The Prince though i have great knowledge about the 2. I just learnt the language might be a bit archaic and difficult to follow.

I dislike Bukola but admire his political IQ. Are you sure he isn't winning? He seems to be flooring the IGP & PMB on the regular.

I know first hand the havoc he has wrecked in Kwara by the way and wish he can be taken down. Unfortunately only someone as ruthless as OBJ can do that at the moment.

He should have named any material that rivals 48 laws of power that he knows of... By the way, there is nothing archaic about the art of war and the Prince... They are less than 150 pages.

Open them and start reading... Thee is even a modern one of the art of war adopted by another author.

Saraki is the boss of all bosses...it is the titled of book..when it comes to political manoeuvring.

Remember how he trounced the tin Tinubu /Buhari quarterback for a particular candidate.....some even predicted he wasn't going to last more than six months, we know the rest
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Nodogragra4me:

He should have named any material that rivals 48 laws of power that he knows of... By the way, there is nothing archaic about the art of war and the

Saraki is an underdog; everybody loves an underdog. It feeds them "masses" psychologically. Support from the masses is only beneficial for uprisings, revolutions or massive change in culture or ideology. Any other support you get from the masses is strictly for entertainment; their attention wanders like 5 year old in room full of toys. That is why Dino Melaiye, the seducer needs to viscously court attention to remain relevant.

If Saraki is enjoying influence or power today, it is because the President does not assert himself. So, one can assume that Saraki can loose his power
or influence whenever the President asserts himself. Saraki's powers alone are quite limited, and much of his influence in the senate comes from his predictable assertion of authority; from illegal suspensions, to other forms of political sedation and blackmail.

People assume Saraki is in a jam with the President or Tinibu. Alot of people underestimate Tinibu, that is why the old man continues to run circles around his adversaries. Never underestimate the wisdom of ages. Tinibu started politics with the late Yar'adua, he has been playing politics long before Abiola, he was an avid student of Yar'adua who was and still is a master political strategist. Comparing Tinibu with Saraki is far worse than betting your life savings on mcgregor, hoping he would defeat mayweather. Jagaban was also an avid student of Awolowo, an unsurpassed maestro in public and fiscal policy; Awolowo is also the architect of the west current academic prominence.

Like I said, in the my last post Saraki, should have concentrated on consolidating power, and returning to the Senate as "President" in 2019. Yet, he did not! He did not see the full game and lurched forward to test the waters; using "false maneuvers" against "The Prince" (who has infinite resources at his disposable). Now, what is Saraki doing? Is he struggling to return to the senate as President; an objective which should have influenced all his decisions. Has he not returned to the same point he was, the very day he was sworn in as senate president ?

In politics, you two major problems; (1) how to take power, (2) how to consolidate power.

Every senator in the Senate is expendable, the governors hold the cards in this regard. So, how can Saraki consolidate power in the Senate, when the senators themselves, may or may not return. This is where "The Prince" comes in; if the Prince, can influence the governors using his vast resources, to expunge 1/3 of Saraki's supporters in 2019, how does Saraki become senate President.

It is the unfortunate burden of the masses to salivate over words that fall out of the politicians mouth. However, to grow in influence or rich in material possession one must only consider the actions and not the words of the politic or populist. And, the actions of the politic can only be found in fiscal/public policy. What laws or new rules have government established and how can I take advantage of them? This should be your thoughts; day and night regardless of whom "The Prince" is.

@Nodogragra4me
Use 48 laws of powers, if you want to remain in the shadow of power, close to power but not to gain power or consolidate it. 48 laws of powers is an excellent framework for predicting your courtesans or adversaries but certainly not to immunize you or your allies from their actions or inactions.

seeking power, consolidating power, expanding territories or influence (increasing power) are all different models, which require different stratagem, of which the first is knowing which stage your are in.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
TheCabal:

Saraki is an underdog; everybody loves an underdog. It feeds them "masses" psychologically. Support from the masses is only beneficial for uprisings, revolutions or massive change in culture or ideology. Any other support you get from the masses is strictly for entertainment; their attention wanders like 5 year old in room full of toys. That is why Dino Melaiye, the seducer needs to viscously court attention to remain relevant.

If Saraki is enjoying influence or power today, it is because the President does not assert himself. So, one can assume that Saraki can loose his power
or influence whenever the President asserts himself. Saraki's powers alone are quite limited, and much of his influence in the senate comes from his predictable assertion of authority; from illegal suspensions, to other forms of political sedation and blackmail.

People assume Saraki is in a jam with the President or Tinibu. Alot of people underestimate Tinibu, that is why the old man continues to run circles around his adversaries. Never underestimate the wisdom of ages. Tinibu started politics with the late Yar'adua, he has been playing politics long before Abiola, he was an avid student of Yar'adua who was and still is a master political strategist. Comparing Tinibu with Saraki is far worse than betting your life savings on mcgregor, hoping he would defeat mayweather. Jagaban was also an avid student of Awolowo, an unsurpassed maestro in public and fiscal policy; Awolowo is also the architect of the west current academic prominence.

Like I said, in the my last post Saraki, should have concentrated on consolidating power, and returning to the Senate as "President" in 2019. Yet, he did not! He did not see the full game and lurched forward to test the waters; using "false maneuvers" against "The Prince" (who has infinite resources at his disposable). Now, what is Saraki doing? Is he struggling to return to the senate as President; an objective which should have influenced all his decisions. Has he not returned to the same point he was, the very day he was sworn in as senate president ?

In politics, you two major problems; (1) how to take power, (2) how to consolidate power.

Every senator in the Senate is expendable, the governors hold the cards in this regard. So, how can Saraki consolidate power in the Senate, when the senators themselves, may or may not return. This is where "The Prince" comes in; if the Prince, can influence the governors using his vast resources, to expunge 1/3 of Saraki's supporters in 2019, how does Saraki become senate President.

It is the unfortunate burden of the masses to salivate over words that fall out of the politicians mouth. However, to grow in influence or rich in material possession one must only consider the actions and not the words of the politic or populist. And, the actions of the politic can only be found in fiscal/public policy. What laws or new rules have government established and how can I take advantage of them? This should be your thoughts; day and night regardless of whom "The Prince" is.

@Nodogragra4me
Use 48 laws of powers, if you want to remain in the shadow of power, close to power but not to gain power or consolidate it. 48 laws of powers is an excellent framework for predicting your courtesans or adversaries but certainly not to immunize you or your allies from their actions or inactions.

seeking power, consolidating power, expanding territories or influence (increasing power) are all different models, which require different stratagem, of which the first is knowing which stage your are in.

Your submission is just one step away from being termed plagiarism of the book, The Prince.... That is not imaginative enough for millions of copies of that book is every where and if Saraki should follow the idea as you have stated, it would amount to hiding in plain view. Reading is supposed to trigger your imagination not replace it.

The man in Ondo didn't become the governor against the wish of Tinubu by following what is already known to millions of the people around the globe. He got it by being imaginative. Saraki got his position by keeping his eyes wide open to take advantage of openings.... While Tinubu was in the conference centre waiting for presidential handshake,Saraki was seated with fellow travellers waiting to strike.

When Tinubu discovered that he had been outplayed he teamed with the other dissidents to use asset declaration issue againat Saraki but failed woefully when their point man, Umar, suddenly became the hunted. That angle has since been rested and to their chagrin, Saraki has remained in place with just month left to the end of the current circle.

Saraki's next move is not on how to return as Senate president but as president of the federal Republic....no national assembly in Nigeria has ever returned 80% of their incumbent in any general election. That is not yet the pattern in Nigeria unlike the US and equally true is that no Senate president has ever returned to the seat after a general election, if you know of any key me know.

Saraki doesn't hold all the levers of power but he sure knows how to use what is available to him to confront his adversaries. He has nPDP and is leading them where it favours him the most....they have even grown beyond the numbers when they originally left the PDP some years back. A remarkable feat comparable only to what the late elder Yaradua did with his PDM.

Tinubu that you admire so mush has had his influence uprooted wwith in the Yoruba nation and is engage in a battle to keep even Lagos state.... If Oyegun decides to play the spoiler, he can simply hand the party structure in the state to those that conducted a proper primary.... He is just been an elder stateman

Saraki is the boss of bosses when it comes to political manoeuvres. His political asset has grown but that of Tinubu has greatly diminished

Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2018
blazer2018:

How many pple are guarding the President of the free world, Trump despite having one of the finest security apparatus in his country?....it's a normal thing with a country that has experienced high level political assassination at one point or the other

You better not mess with the president of the US and don't ever imagine it is what you see that guards the dude. The white house is home to 11,000 special marines. TheOr Base underground. Just research..... The president walks behind invisible iron cottons. You can just by thinking about him lol
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by blazer2018: 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

You better not mess with the president of the US and don't ever imagine it is what you see that guards the dude. The white house is home to 11,000 special marines. TheOr Base underground. Just research..... The president walks behind invisible iron cottons. You can just by thinking about him lol

Are you for real? grin grin grin

Imagine that...Someone is now complaining about the few security details that protect the Sen Pres and d commander-in-chief of the most populous and dangerous black Nation.
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
blazer2018:

Are you for real? grin grin grin

Imagine that...Someone is now complaining about the few security details that protect the Sen Pres and d commander-in-chief of the most populous and dangerous black Nation.

When Obama visited India, submarines and missile jets where deployed. Thousand of troops were on standby in case of any attack.
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by blazer2018: 10:58pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

When Obama visited India, submarines and missile jets where deployed. Thousand of troops were on standby in case of any attack.

Wow!!!

Can you beat that?

So we are even learning sef... grin
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by OfficialAwol(m): 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2018
TheCabal:

Well, I can't help but acknowledge the degree of your political depth, judging from the books you are citing.

But what you need to know is that Saraki adapts to different situations as a smart man. That your are not seeing what he stands to gain in this war doesn't mean he too isn't seeing what to gain in it. One gain he might end up having is the masses' sympathy.

And remember that there are behind the scene intrigues you and I aren't aware of.

Trust me when I tell you Saraki is working out of this still on his two feet.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by OfficialAwol(m): 11:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
TheCabal:

@Nodogragra4me

You are the bomb.

However, what is the guaranty that those who "The Prince" will replace with the senators expunged, through the governors, from the Senate, wouldn't have Saraki supporters among them which might at the end of the day aid his retaining the Senate presidency?
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 06, 2018
lipsrsealed kiss
Re: BREAKING: SSS Partially Restores Saraki’s Security Detail by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 06, 2018
Llw

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidemt Tinubu Departs Nigeria Today For G-20 Summit In India / Edwin Clark To Oborevwori: You’ve Started Well By Siting Projects In Warri / 2019: North Shops For Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.