Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,346 members, 7,839,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (26388 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

This is the dumbest lie told here. Who did the US "consult widely"? Please provide proof.

Get off your bum and read up. You'll be more circumspect about citing it once you've educated yourself.

davidylan:

Is this guy for real?  grin Its all homemade rockets so its ok for Gazans to use it to "defend themselves" (i.e. fire indiscriminately at villagers in Sderot).

Do you compare that with nuclear weapons? shocked

davidylan:

Israel allows food, medical, oil and gas supplies to Gaza on a DAILY BASIS. Egypt DOES NOT!

You really need to listen to the news! embarassed Egypt has thrown open the border. It remains open for long periods each day for an indefinite period.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

Seriously, its a waste of time arguing with the mentally challenged.

Nobody here made that claim however we have ON VIDEO!

1. Israeli soldiers armed with paintball guns being set upon and beaten with metal rods (that just happened to be lying around), sticks and stabbed with knives with one thrown aboard. All these BEFORE the Israeli soldiers could respond.

If Israel's goal was to kill i'd imagine soldiers would have been shooting long before they got on deck.

2. We have ON VIDEO, "peace activists" chanting ISLAMIC songs about Khaibar and the return of Mohammad's armies . . . what has that to do with "aid"? Or were those videos doctored by the IDF too?

I have come to expect your foul mouthedness to rev up each time you are in a logic bind. Shame!
You are still going on about the claims Israel has made? Well, the World too is concerned and is demanding a UN investigation, which very strangely (considering their version of events) Israel does not want.

As to whether any activists were chanting Islamic slogans, that is entirely their personal business. Do you shoot people for singing?

Do you support a UN investigation?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Get off your bum and read up. You'll be more circumspect about citing it once you've educated yourself.

That's just a lazy man's way of saying "i have no proof, i'm just spewing hot air". You dont give baseless claims and then go tell others to "read up" when you yourself have no idea what you're talking about. The US-Cuba embargo has been on since 1960, became law in 1992 and STILL STANDS TODAY . . . so please kindly explain to us which nations approved a US embargo on Cuba for the last 50 yrs?

Beaf:

Do you compare that with nuclear weapons? shocked

What a fool. Yeah rockets are not nuclear weapons so i guess its ok for Cameroon to fire some indiscriminately on Nigeria while i expect you to look the other way like you expect Israel to right? Cant believe i read this kind of asinine comments on the web.

Beaf:

You really need to listen to the news! embarassed Egypt has thrown open the border. It remains open for long periods each day for an indefinite period.

No idiot! YOU really need to READ THE NEWS! Egypt is building an underground STEEL WALL that will seal off its end of the Gaza border in the next yr. It just opened its ONLY crossing (rafah) just this last weekend after months of closure. Israel on the other hand maintains AT LEAST 2 - 3 border crossings with Gaza through which food, medical supplies, oil and gas (which Egypt has while Israel does not) enter Gaza each day!

Israel is the ONLY NATION that supplies Gaza with constant electricity.

Get off your high horse and get educated.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by bawomolo(m): 6:57pm On Jun 02, 2010
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlSSaPT_OU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"[/flash]

well i see no white flags
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
bawomolo:

you're expecting facts from beaf? You'll wait till eternity.

Beaf:

You are still going on about the claims Israel has made? Well, the World too is concerned and is demanding a UN investigation, which very strangely (considering their version of events) Israel does not want.

Did you support a UN "investigation" (actually an arab inquest) when the US invaded Iraq?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

you're expecting facts from beaf? You'll wait till eternity.

Did you support a [size=14pt]UN "investigation" (actually an arab inquest)[/size] when the US invaded Iraq?

Is the UN is now an Arabic institution? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
So funny!
What has Iraq got to do with the aid flotilla? Why can't you stick to the topic, instead of plucking things from thin air? Iraq? Damn! grin

In case you missed it, I asked earlier; "do you support a UN investigation?"
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 7:06pm On Jun 02, 2010
No idiot! YOU really need to READ THE NEWS! Egypt is building an underground STEEL WALL that will seal off its end of the Gaza border in the next yr. It just opened its ONLY crossing (rafah) just this last weekend after months of closure. Israel on the other hand maintains AT LEAST 2 - 3 border crossings with Gaza through which food, medical supplies, oil and gas (which Egypt has while Israel does not) enter Gaza each day!

Israel is the ONLY NATION that supplies Gaza with constant electricity.

Get off your high horse and get educated.

Until Israel allows Hamas access to the Knesset

Mubz saw the white flags using Hamas made goggles
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:08pm On Jun 02, 2010
[size=33pt]Do you support a UN investigation?[/size]

If not, why?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Is the UN is now an Arabic institution? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
So funny!
What has Iraq got to do with the aid flotilla? Why can't you stick to the topic, instead of plucking things from thin air? Iraq? Damn! grin

In case you missed it, I asked earlier; "do you support a UN investigation?"

1. We know quite well that 99% of the "UN investigations" to "Israeli crimes" is instigated and forced through by arab member nations. These are FACTS . . . read up.

2. Iraq has a lot to do with this . . . it is an example of the double standard that pervades the world today. North Korea sank a South Korean ship . . . NO UN investigation. Russia invaded Georgia and clubbed the Chechens . . . no UN investigation, the US invades Iraq . . . no UN investigation . . . uh oh its Israel doing what it has always threatened to do shld it be provoked and we have hypocrites whinning about a "UN investigation"?

Before you start asking questions pls provide proof of your claim that the US obtained LEGAL permission to place a 50 yr old embargo on Cuba that is CODIFIED in US LAW!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
IDF: Hamas stops flotilla aid delivered by Israel

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israel has attempted to deliver humanitarian aid from an international flotilla to Gaza, but Hamas -- which controls the territory -- has refused to accept the cargo, the Israel Defense Forces said Wednesday.
Palestinian sources confirmed that trucks that arrived from Israel at the Rafah terminal at the Israel-Gaza border were barred from delivering the aid.
Ra'ed Fatooh, in charge of the crossings, and Jamal Khudari, head of a committee against the Gaza blockade, said Israel must release all flotilla detainees and that it will be accepted in the territory only by the Free Gaza Movement people who organized the flotilla.

lol so now we know this wasnt about "aid" to a "starving" people. Hungry people dont refuse aid even if it comes from their mortal enemy.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

1. We know quite well that 99% of the "UN investigations" to "Israeli crimes" is instigated and forced through by arab member nations. These are FACTS . . . read up.

2. Iraq has a lot to do with this . . . it is an example of the double standard that pervades the world today. North Korea sank a South Korean ship . . . NO UN investigation. Russia invaded Georgia and clubbed the Chechens . . . no UN investigation, the US invades Iraq . . . no UN investigation . . . uh oh its Israel doing what it has always threatened to do shld it be provoked and we have hypocrites whinning about a "UN investigation"?

Before you start asking questions pls provide proof of your claim that the US obtained LEGAL permission to place a 50 yr old embargo on Cuba that is CODIFIED in US LAW!

You are so funny, exposing ignorance in multiple ways with pride and confidence! grin
"Since 1945, the UN Security Council determines the legal status of blockades and by article 42 of the UN Charter, the Council can also apply blockades" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade).

Go and read up like I adviced earlier, you really need it (and desperately too).

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

You are so funny, exposing ignorance in multiple ways with pride and confidence! grin
"Since 1945, the UN Security Council determines the legal status of blockades and by article 42 of the UN Charter, the Council can also apply blockades" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade).

Go and read up like I adviced earlier, you really need it (and desperately too).

More nonsense. How does this make the US embargo on Cuba since 1960 legal? This is what you said and i quote - [size=16pt]The US consulted widely internationally and obtained legal backing for their blockade[/size]

My question was simple - PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF THIS CLAIM.

Where and HOW does your riposte answer this?  undecided And you're grinning about "exposing ignorance"? with more of your own? Would you also agree that the UN stance on embargoes that you are trying to use as a smokescreen for a 50 yr Cuba embargo by the US also cover Israel too?

Dumb.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by bawomolo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 02, 2010
lol i guess the white flag must be the white shirts they are wearing.
Israel overreacted but these flotilla guys didn't help matters with their combative stance.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2010
bawomolo:

Israel overreacted but these flotilla guys didn't help matters with their combative stance.

Shock, horror! A balanced view on this thread! grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by justjane2(f): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Shock, horror! A balanced view on this thread! grin

It makes a change from hearing your biased view grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2010
justjane2:

It makes a change from hearing your biased view grin

lol quite an interesting way of hiding from his embarrassing lies. I'm still waiting for him to "educate" me on his false claims on embargoes.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:41pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

More nonsense. How does this make the US embargo on Cuba since 1960 legal? This is what you said and i quote - The US consulted widely internationally and obtained legal backing for their blockade

My question was simple - PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF OF THIS CLAIM.

Where and HOW does your riposte answer this?  undecided And you're grinning about "exposing ignorance"? with more of your own? Would you also agree that the UN stance on embargoes that you are trying to use as a smokescreen for a 50 yr Cuba embargo by the US also cover Israel too?

Dumb.

Hmmm, maybe because you haven't yet read about it, you don't know that it was brought before the UN Nations on Thursday, October 25 1962 (what could be more international?); also, if you don't read, you wouldn't know that the US consulted with its neighbours too, would you? Funny dude.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

Hmmm, maybe because you haven't yet read about it, you don't know that it was brought before the UN Nations (what could be more international?); also, if you don't read, you wouldn't know that the US consulted with its neighbours too, would you? Funny dude.

well since you definitely know this (and can provide wikipedia links on UN embargoes) . . . i wonder why its taking so long to refute me and simply provide evidence of your claims?

Surely there must be sources that can attest to the fact that the US DID OBTAIN legal standing to place a 50 yr old embargo on Cuba that is now codified into law by TWO acts of congress in 1992 and 1996! Which UN body did those 2 congresses consult?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Kgdavid(m): 7:44pm On Jun 02, 2010
sure let there be a UN investigation. all they will come out and say is that the blockade should end. one question for you beef, how exactly should Israel protect itself? Objectively tell me, given the complete context of the conflict, just what you would like to see from Israel.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

well since you definitely know this (and can provide wikipedia links on UN embargoes) . . . i wonder why its taking so long to refute me and simply provide evidence of your claims?

Surely there must be sources that can attest to the fact that the US DID OBTAIN legal standing to place a 50 yr old embargo on Cuba that is now codified into law by TWO acts of congress in 1992 and 1996! Which UN body did those 2 congresses consult?

I even gave you a date to check up in an earlier post, once again it is Thursday, October 25 1962. Check it out dude.
If only you would read the material those links point to, you would come out a lot wiser. I mean, seriously wiser! Bro, reading really isn't a crime.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2010

Bawomolo,

How would you have reacted differently.

If you warned the flotilla orgnaisers that they can only berht at Ashdod beforehand  and they went ahead to,
if you were the soldiers given the co-ordination and intent of the activists to use slingshots, metal rods and attack the boarding soldiers
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
Kgdavid:

sure let there be a UN investigation. all they will come out and say is that the blockade should end. one question for you beef, how exactly should Israel protect itself? Objectively tell me, given the complete context of the conflict, just what you would like to see from Israel.

I don't care about how Israel protects itself (I'm a Nigerian anyway), as far as it is done responsibly. What we are talking about is the shooting on the high seas. Why expand the matter to Israels defence?

On what I would like to see from Israel? A country that is much more civilised, successful, less jumpy and comes in from the cold.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

I even gave you a date to check up in an earlier post, once again it is Thursday, October 25 1962. Check it out dude.
If only you would read the material those links point to, you would come out a lot wiser. I mean, seriously wiser! Bro, reading really isn't a crime.

Again i repeat your claim - [size=18pt]The US consulted widely internationally and obtained legal backing for their blockade[/size]

Again i ask - WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE FOR THIS CLAIM? No such international legal backing EXISTS! Thursday, Oct 25, 1962 is the date the cuban missile crisis began and it ended 3 days later on the 28th!

Now the US embargo on Cuba STILL EXISTS TODAY and is codified into law by the cuban democracy act that was ratified in 1992. Where is the legal backing for this?

When you finish reading wikipedia pls get back to us on this. thanks.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Kgdavid(m): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2010
less jumpy? just what level of jumpiness is considered appropriate when rockets fall on you from the sky daily without fail? desperate times call for desperate measures
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

Again i repeat your claim - [size=18pt]The US consulted widely internationally and obtained legal backing for their blockade[/size]

Again i ask - WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE FOR THIS CLAIM? No such international legal backing EXISTS! Thursday, Oct 25, 1962 is the date the cuban missile crisis began and it ended 3 days later on the 28th!

Now the US embargo on Cuba STILL EXISTS TODAY and is codified into law by the cuban democracy act that was ratified in 1992. Where is the legal backing for this?

When you finish reading wikipedia pls get back to us on this. thanks.

[size=27pt]What part of check the events of Thursday, Oct 25, 1962 do you not understand? Or will a little reading harm you?[/size]
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

I don't care about how Israel protects itself (I'm a Nigerian anyway), as far as it is done responsibly. What we are talking about is the shooting on the high seas. Why expand the matter to Israels defence?

This is disjointed, senseless reasoning from the ignorant. Israel's embargo on ships sailing directly to Gaza has EVERYTHING to do with its own defence. Having survived 8 yrs of relentless air attacks from Gaza, it stands with reason that Israel will be more than willing to prevent even larger weapons reaching Gaza by sea which is the intent of Hezbollah and Iran.

Now the reason this is very important is the fact that HAMAS REFUSED to accept the aid from the same ships when there were transfered to trucks in Israel and moved to the border.

Beaf:

On what I would like to see from Israel? A country that is much more civilised, successful, less jumpy and comes in from the cold.

A tiny country of just over 7 million people with a per capita GDP that is more than half that of the US with 300 million? A nation with the 3rd most powerful army? Seriously Israel is NOT civilized and successful? Just where do these ignorant toddlers come from?

What does he mean by "less jumpy"? What is the meaning of "comes in from the cold"? you mean an Israel that was recently admitted to the OECD despite arab grumbling?

Seriously?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 02, 2010
Beaf:

[size=27pt]What part of check the events of Thursday, Oct 25, 1962 do you not understand? Or will a little reading harm you?[/size]

Sorry idiot . . . i indicated what happened on that date already. Just read my post with better lenses. Its there, however my question goes unanswered.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 02, 2010
Your wikipedia link on UN legal blockade says this - Close patrol of a hostile port, in order to prevent naval forces from putting to sea, is also referred to as a blockade.

the key here is the word "hostile" . . . well if HAMAS isnt hostile then i wonder who else is. Technically Israel maintains a war stance with HAMAS/Gaza and is thus legally allowed to blockade Gaza . . . which is why nations like the US, Britain, china and Russia simply pay lip service to all the frothing from the arab nations on the "illegality" of the "blockade".

I'm sure those nations know something about the blockade that you dont.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

This is disjointed, senseless reasoning from the ignorant. Israel's embargo on ships sailing directly to Gaza has EVERYTHING to do with its own defence. Having survived 8 yrs of relentless air attacks from Gaza, it stands with reason that Israel will be more than willing to prevent even larger weapons reaching Gaza by sea which is the intent of Hezbollah and Iran.

shocked
Stop lying. Gaza has no airforce (or you do not know the meaning of "air attack"wink.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2010
davidylan:

Your wikipedia link on UN legal blockade says this - Close patrol of a hostile port, in order to prevent naval forces from putting to sea, is also referred to as a blockade.

the key here is the word "hostile" . . . well if HAMAS isnt hostile then i wonder who else is. Technically Israel maintains a war stance with HAMAS/Gaza and is thus legally allowed to blockade Gaza . . . which is why nations like the US, Britain, china and Russia simply pay lip service to all the frothing from the arab nations on the "illegality" of the "blockade".

I'm sure those nations know something about the blockade that you dont.

You are intent on beer palour logic. The UN is the only body that can legalise a blockade; Israel never approached the UN (like the US did) or any of her neighbours for that matter. Israel acted unilaterally and thumbed its nose at international law. Simple! I don't know why you find it so difficult to understand that.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2010
Kgdavid:

less jumpy? just what level of jumpiness is considered appropriate when rockets fall on you from the sky daily without fail? desperate times call for desperate measures

Put things in perspective. Lagos has 30 times the population of stone throwing Gaza. . . Fill in the gaps.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by justjane2(f): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
@Beaf, One question, do you hate Jews?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video) / Trump Doesn't Want To Debate Ahead Of The 2024 US Presidential Election / Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.