Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (26348 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Romeo4real(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2010
I have read all your comments and they would have been utterly laughable had it not been that you actually believed in all that gibberish.
Isn't it so funny that all you seem to do is laugh when challenged to defend your baseless assertions? And whilst they are being demolished, you continue laughing.

If only you spent a tenth of the energy you both expend on laughter/ insults/ad hominem attacks, just to refute ANY of the challenges put to you, or to prove ANY of your assertions. Please keep on laughing. It really is the best medicine.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
madlady:

@Davidylan presented a lot of factual information so did @Sagamite.

facts mean only reality and real history but if you consider a holy book as a fact it means you have a problem, either you are deceived or demential. I hope your name doesnt reflect your character
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by madlady(f): 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
BOMANY:

facts mean only reality and real history but if you consider a holy book as a fact it means you have a problem, either you are deceived or demential. I hope your name doesnt reflect your character

YOU present YOUR facts like @Davidylan,@Sagamite and others did without resulting to insults, if I can learn from you so be it.

By the way my NAME is Sharon ----stine so that's one fact you have wrong  wink
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 1:57pm On Jun 03, 2010
madlady:

YOU present YOUR facts like @Davidylan,@Sagamite and others did whitout resulting to insults, if I can learn from you so be it.

By the way my NAME is Sharon ----stine so that's one fact you have wrong wink

ok, sorry if you feel that my reply hurt you, it was not meant to be so. i respect the way you reason regardless our different postions  smiley smiley

I hope you do not support Israel just because you are a jew. i do not believe in automatic outcomes. Thanks
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by madlady(f): 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
BOMANY:

ok, sorry if you feel that my reply hurt you, it was not meant to be so. i respect the way you reason regardless our different postions  smiley smiley

I hope you do not support Israel just because you are a jew. i do not believe in automatic outcomes. Thanks

Apology accepted. smiley

Hmm, I find it very difficult to support anybody or anything blindly.

I am on this thread to read and learn. lipsrsealed
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:13pm On Jun 03, 2010
For those who allege that the convoy is a front of Islamists, Why on Earth would some 600 activists from 32 countries, three religions, including 35 members of parliaments, a Nobel laureate, and a frail 87-year-old Holocaust survivor agree to be part of a humanitarian aid convoy that was actually a front for Islamists?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
BOMANY:

For those who allege that the convoy is a front of Islamists, Why on Earth would some 600 activists from 32 countries, three religions, including 35 members of parliaments, a Nobel laureate, and a frail 87-year-old Holocaust survivor agree to be part of a humanitarian aid convoy that was actually a front for Islamists?
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Only a minute number were genuine, leftist, liberal deceived activists.

The rest ( as it has been proven time and time again ) were IHH, Hamas sympathisers and terrorists linked gangs.

This was a setup and FOOLs have fallen for it !!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:17pm On Jun 03, 2010
Why Only Israel?! May God Bless Nigeria, Africa, the whole world and everybody

GOD BLESS EVERYBODY DOESN'T COMMIT ANY OF THE FORBIDEN SINS, AMEN
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
Even amongst Israelis there is arising awarness about the damage of the last massacre. In Ha’aretz, Bradley Burston wrote, “We were determined to avoid an honest look at the first Gaza war. Now, in international waters and having opened fire on an international group of humanitarian aid workers and activists, we are fighting and losing the second. For Israel, in the end, this Second Gaza War could be far more costly and painful than the first.”
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2010
According to Steven Walt from Harvard Uni, Israel has long justified its oppression of the Palestinian population by portraying itself as a beleaguered underdog, surrounded by powerful and hostile enemies. That veil is lifting, even, or especially, among the American Jewish community.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by madlady(f): 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2010
Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
It is not a football game that we are watching on tv and supporting different teams in unconditional, unrealistic or unjustified support sentiments. It is matter of the value of man kind in this universe. True Christians are committed to Biblical justice.
"And if we are careful to obey all this law before the LORD our
God, as he has commanded us, that will be our righteousness." DEU 6:25
"I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and
my turban" JOB 29:14
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
Even amongst Israelis there is arising awareness about the damage of the last massacre. In Ha’aretz, Bradley Burston wrote, “We were determined to avoid an honest look at the first Gaza war. Now, in international waters and having opened fire on an international group of humanitarian aid workers and activists, we are fighting and losing the second. For Israel, in the end, this Second Gaza War could be far more costly and painful than the first.”
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 4:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
finally, let’s not forget the bottom line here. These six ships were carrying 600 peace activists and 10,000 tons of desperately needed humanitarian aid for the besieged people of Gaza. The items on board the ships included water purification equipment, cement, generators, prefabricated homes, chocolate, crayons, wheelchairs, crutches, basketballs, and 20 tons of paper to be used by schoolkids. Does that sound to you like the manifest of a terrorist flotilla?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
BOMANY:

It is not a football game that we are watching on tv and supporting different teams in unconditional, unrealistic or unjustified support sentiments. It is matter of the value of man kind in this universe. True Christians are committed to Biblical justice.

Okay I agree with you on this point. Human life is sacred and irreplaceable.

But tell me please, why certain countries like Syria and Iran are sworn to the destruction of Israel?

If it were you, living in your home for example, but robbers were hell bent on gunning down your family, what will you do ?

Israel is under siege, I know this is too hard to swallow for some people, but if they let their guard down at anytime they will be wiped out. They were attacked pre-emptively in 1948, 1973 and 2006. This is a pattern that can only mean one thing; Israel’s enemies are determined to push her into the sea as it were.

And I have said it is deplorable that human life was lost. However every sane person knows that the Middle East is an explosive region especially the Israel - Lebanon - Gaza areas.

There are more peaceful and political ways to sort these issues out.

Provocation, deliberate provocation is not one of those ways!!!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
BOMANY:

Some of the "Christians" here would easily swap roles with Hitler and never notice the contradiction. While there are exemplary ones like dayokanu, so many others just log on, join the pack of vultures, haul abuse and leave without as much as deploying the slightest whiff of a counter argument or logic. . . Just like area boys! Shameful really.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
frosbel:

Okay I agree with you on this point. Human life is sacred and irreplaceable.

But tell me please, why certain countries like Syria and Iran are sworn to the destruction of Israel?

If it were you, living in your home for example, but robbers were hell bent on gunning down your family, what will you do ?

Israel is under siege, I know this is too hard to swallow for some people, but if they let their guard down at anytime they will be wiped out. They were attacked pre-emptively in 1948, 1973 and 2006. This is a pattern that can only mean one thing; Israel’s enemies are determined to push her into the sea as it were.

And I have said it is deplorable that human life was lost. However every sane person knows that the Middle East is an explosive region especially the Israel - Lebanon - Gaza areas.

There are more peaceful and political ways to sort these issues out.

Provocation, deliberate provocation is not one of those ways!!!

Why do you always ask strange questions? Does that question sound like a reasonable counter to any argument about why people were shot in international waters? Is it because Syrians and Iranians hate Israel that the activists were shot? Don't your questions sound like an incredibly loony angle to you?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by princekevo(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2010
frosbel:

Only a minute number were genuine, leftist, liberal deceived activists.

The rest ( as it has been proven time and time again ) were IHH, Hamas sympathisers and terrorists linked gangs.
This was a setup and FOOLs have fallen for it !!

Emotions are running high in Turkey at funerals for nine activists, all Turkish or of Turkish orgin, killed in Israel's raid on the Gaza aid flotilla.

The bodies were flown from Israel to Istanbul, along with more than 450 activists, to a heroes' welcome.

Israel has said there is no need for an international inquiry into the incident, insisting its own will meet the "highest international standards".

The UN Human Rights Council (HRC) voted earlier to set up an investigation.

Please where do we get our informations? Do we have to go a long way to cover evil, how could 450 turkish ativist with 100's of European activist turned to terrorist gang. Am a strong supporter of Israel, but not to this evil they have committed against Turkey. Among all the Arab nations Turkey has been a strong allies of Israel. Killing 9 Turkish base on jst speculations is not justifiable. Ok lets assume they have no fault in this, Why have they refused internation investigation into the matter, or do they have anything to hide? Who are they to reject UN investigation into the matter?

North korea were forced to allow International investigation on South Korea sinking millitary ship. Jst last week they got a prove of NK involvement, china was blame for not immediately supporting south korean in sanctioning to NK. The same US blamed china, now it has come to their turn the whloe world is watching them.
My question is, if Israel where to be another country would you and American still support them the way you do. Though i know we live in a world full of injustices.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2010
princekevo:

Please where do we get our informations? Do we have to go a long way to cover evil, how could 450 turkish ativist with 100's of European activist turned to terrorist gang. Am a strong supporter of Israel, but not to this evil they have committed against Turkey. [size=18pt]Among all the Arab nations Turkey has been a strong allies of Israel.[/size] Killing 9 Turkish base on jst speculations is not justifiable. Ok lets assume they have no fault in this, Why have they refused internation investigation into the matter, or do they have anything to hide? Who are they to reject UN investigation into the matter?

North korea were forced to allow International investigation on South Korea sinking millitary ship. Jst last week they got a prove of NK involvement, china was blame for not immediately supporting south korean in sanctioning to NK. The same US blamed china, now it has come to their turn the whloe world is watching them.
My question is, if Israel where to be another country would you and American still support them the way you do. Though i know we live in a world full of injustices.

until Tayyip Erdogan became president that is. Read your news!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by bashdecash(m): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
Now we know who are the real terrorist.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2010
Its interesting that Bomany and Beaf are no longer even making any effort to defend the indefensible. Lets at least commend them for sticking to propaganda.

@ airdig . . . you could have left a comment. Its hard to stay sane with morons to be honest.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Cohomology: 5:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
May God punish Israel!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Romeo4real(m): 5:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
@Beaf -

Why do you always ask strange questions? Does that question sound like a reasonable counter to any argument about why people were shot in international waters?
LOL! Don't you know by that that this is what the Zionists apologists ALWAYS revert back to when challenged about Israel's actions? How Syria this, Muslim world that. How Ahmadinejad this, Egypt that.

What in God's name does boarding a civilian vessel, carrying aid, to people under a U.N deemed unlawful & illegal blockade, in international waters, and killing 10 of its passengers have to do with Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, the Muslim world, in fact anything you may care to think of?

Even Israel is struggling to put a glossy spin on this, whilst its propagandists trip over themselves with spurious illogical arguments.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by princekevo(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2010
davidylan:

Its interesting that Bomany and Beaf are no longer even making any effort to defend the indefensible. Lets at least commend them for sticking to propaganda.

@ airdig . . . you could have left a comment. Its hard to stay sane with morons to be honest.
My brother this is not an issue of defending the Indefensible is abt making this world a safe place. And that can only happend when we stopped being biases, blame when it is dues and support when it is due. Blindly supporting Isreal even when is obvious of their wrong doing will only increase the insecurity in the world today. Trust our muslim brothers, for them Vengance is never of God but in their hands.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Cohomology: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2010
princekevo:

Please where do we get our informations? Do we have to go a long way to cover evil, how could 450 turkish ativist with 100's of European activist turned to terrorist gang. Am a strong supporter of Israel, but not to this evil they have committed against Turkey. Among all the Arab nations Turkey has been a strong allies of Israel. Killing 9 Turkish base on jst speculations is not justifiable. Ok lets assume they have no fault in this, Why have they refused internation investigation into the matter, or do they have anything to hide? Who are they to reject UN investigation into the matter?

Excellent analysis! A+.

The US continues her foolish foreign policy of supporting Jewish evil against innocent Christians and Muslims.

America has no moral standing to blame China for not condemning the sinking of the South Korean vessel that killed 48/49? South Koreans, when they refuse to condemn Israel for willfully killing innocent civilians.

As long as American idiocy continues with supporting Jewish Nazism Zionism, all the world must support the following countries with their efforts to frustrate American hypocrisy:

1. North Korea: They must build more nuclear bombs to checkmate US Zionist agenda.

2. Iran: Must make haste to build more centrifuges, long-range missiles and nuclear warheads to halt increasing American/Zionist pro-Jewish anti-Christian anti-Muslim agenda.

Chinese and Russian officials must not miss this blatant US support for carnage and do everything possible under the sun to frustrate US agenda in the United Nations.

May God bless all peaceful Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc.

May God punish Israel!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2010
Cohomology:

Excellent analysis! A+.

The US continues her foolish foreign policy of supporting Jewish evil against innocent Christians and Muslims.

America has no moral standing to blame China for not condemning the sinking of the South Korean vessel that killed 48/49? South Koreans, when they refuse to condemn Israel for willfully killing innocent civilians.

As long as American idiocy continues with supporting Jewish Nazism Zionism, all the world must support the following countries with their efforts to frustrate American hypocrisy:

1. North Korea: They must build more nuclear bombs to checkmate US Zionist agenda.

2. Iran: Must make haste to build more centrifuges, long-range missiles and nuclear warheads to halt increasing American/Zionist pro-Jewish anti-Christian anti-Muslim agenda.

Chinese and Russian officials must not miss this blatant US support for carnage and do everything possible under the sun to frustrate US agenda in the United Nations.

May God bless all peaceful Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, etc.

May God punish Israel!

errr you mean may allah punish Israel? He seems to be a woeful failure at that.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 03, 2010
princekevo:

My brother this is not an issue of defending the Indefensible is abt making this world a safe place. And that can only happend when we stopped being biases, blame when it is dues and support when it is due. Blindly supporting Isreal even when is obvious of their wrong doing will only increase the insecurity in the world today.

lol so Israel is the reason for "insecurity in the world" today? There is no point taking you up.

princekevo:

Trust our muslim brothers, for them Vengance is never of God but in their hands.

This is all about religion. Have you ever noticed why all these "aid" ships seem to come from nations with no ties with Israel? Even Turkey under Erdogan has suddenly gone conservative . . . the only reason they maintain "formal" ties with Israel is because without it they may as well forget about EU membership.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Dede1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2010
Gaza is home of all manner of terrorists. If the manifest, according to few posters, is not a machination of terrorist, why are the so-called humanitarians refused to duck the ships at a seaport in Israel?

The League of Nation anti-Semite in 1920s – 40s and continued by the UN of today is the root of these calamities in the Middle-east particular and the world in general.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Cohomology: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2010
princekevo:

My brother this is not an issue of defending  the Indefensible is abt making this world a safe place. And that can only happend when we stopped being biases, blame when it is dues and support when it is due. Blindly supporting Isreal even when is obvious of their wrong doing will only increase the insecurity in the world today. Trust our muslim brothers, for them Vengance is never of God but in their hands.

Forget about making the world safe.

The only language hypocritical America and evil Israel understand is FORCE/POWER.

The Soviets understood this and amassed enough nuclear arsenal to make the most idiotic trigger-happy blood-thirsty SOB in the US military think real hard before hitting any Soviet targets. Soviet potentially apocalyptic retaliation put the COLD in "cold war"!

America was punished severely in Vietnam and ran with their tail between their legs as Soviet-backed North Vietnamese forces took Saigon. The fools who thought about using a nuclear device against the North Vietnamese were reminded of the intimidating Soviet arsenal, whose deployment on earth had/has the potential of ending life as we know it. This is the kind of energetic resistance, uncompromising arsenal, fiendish force that America (and her errant adopted stubborn ward Israel) understand. Not talk, only proof of destructive force!

Iran and North Korea must continue working very hard.

China must not relent.

Russia must maintain considerable deterrence.

America and Israel only understand force/power and any nation not ready to dance to their tune of deception must work hard towards achieving considerable deterrence against these two nations.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Gunnaz007: 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
Cohomology:

May God punish Israel!

^^^ You cannot curse whom the Most High God hath blessed (Numbers 24:9)
How about Balaam's attempt which resulted in blessings for Isreal? (Numbers 24:10-14)

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Romeo4real(m): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2010
@davidylan -
until Tayyip Erdogan became president that is. Read your news!
Not surprised at this comment cos' thats obviously where you get all your info from.

There are quite a few reasons for Turkeys deteriorating relationship with Israel. Firstly, there was a dispute over delivery of drone aircraft on schedule; which Turkey threatened legal action to resolve, Secondly Israel was angry at being excluded from a joint military drill run by Turkey, and Thirdly, Israeli officials were upset with Turkish prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's for his support for the Goldstone Report and his public condemnations of the Gaza blockade.

However, the real crux came because Turkey had long been brokering a deal between Israel and the Palestinians. Unfortunately, when Israel decided to invade the Gaza, it neglected to inform the Turkish authorities about it, leaving them with egg on their faces. Turkey felt betrayed and was naturally incensed at this betrayal.

Things further deteriorated when Turkish television show - Ambush in the Valley of the Wolves portrayed Mossad agents attacking the Turkish Embassy in Israel and snatching Turkish babies in Istanbul. Danny Ayalon, Israel's deputy foreign minister, subsequently summoned Turkish Ambassador, Oguz Celikkol to a meeting at the Knesset, and not in the Foreign Ministry as is protocol.

Unfortunately, Israel was to use this event to stage a rather public humiliation for the Ambassador. At the meeting Ayalon refused to shake Celikkol's hand, and made the Ambassador to sit on a very low chair with the Israeli officials sitting on much higher chairs opposite, with the Israeli flag in the middle. He had pre arranged for the camera man & press to film and take photos of the situation. The photos were printed by the press and the message was unmistakable. Turkey was infuriated and demanded an apology from Ayalon, which he refused to give, but was eventually pressured to do so.

@davidylan, STOP reading the news and do some research! I say it again, LEARN your subject matter before posting on a public forum!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (28) (Reply)

Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix) / Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video) / Yahya Jammeh Rejects Election Result After Conceding Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.