Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,280 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/06/18 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/06/18 (311 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/06/19 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/01/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/06/18 by WildChild00(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2018
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/06/18 by WildChild00(m): 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2018
Open Heaven 7 June 2018: [Thursday] Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye
The Sure Armour I
THE SURE ARMOUR I – Thursday June 7th 2018
Memorise: Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with Truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness. Ephesians 6:14
Read: 2nd Corinthians 1:7-11 (KJV)
7 And our hope of you is stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
8 For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10 Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
11 Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf.
Bible in one year: 1st Kings 21, Acts 7:23-43, Hymnal: Sing hymn 2
Life is full of complex challenges which can be overwhelming. These challenges have frustrated some people to the extent that they despair of life itself, leading them to take drugs, join the occult or even commit suicide, all in a bid to “escape” the reality of life’s problems. I pray that you will never be overwhelmed by the challenges of life in Jesus’ Name. Our Lord Jesus Christ did not say we would be immune from trials and tribulations in life (John 16:33); rather He provided us with the sure armour with which we can confront and triumph over everything the enemy throws at us. To be victorious in life, you need to first understand that life’s most devastating battles are not physical, but spiritual. Challenges that have their origin in the spirit realm have to be confronted with spiritual tools, which might appear foolish to the natural man. To help us be triumphant, Ephesians 6:14 introduce two important components of our armour: Truth and Righteousness.

At life of truth is a transparent and honest life that is based on the word of God, which Jesus declared to be truth (John 17:17). Living a life of truth is powerful (2nd Corinthians 4:2). Lies of any form are of the devil, and so when you live a lie, the devil will have foothold in your life with which to afflict you (John 8:44). However, if your life is based on the truth of God’s word, the devil will find nothing in your life to use against you. This was the situation with the Lord Jesus on the night He was betrayed. The devil came to examine His life to see if indeed He was without sin before going to the cross of Calvary, so that he could accuse Him of it and destroy the work of salvation before the last lap even started. In John 14:30 the Lord said:

“Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.”
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/06/18 by WildChild00(m): 11:15pm On Jun 05, 2018
Prayer Points

1.Thank you Father because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
2.Thank you Father because true and lasting wealth, come from you.
3.I appreciate you Father because you are the only one who gives without adding sorrow.
4.Thank you Father for all your blessings in my life, particularly, for the intangible ones of, peace of mind, divine health, hope of a better future, promise of eternal life, etc.
5.Father, forgive me in anyway I have ever allowed the spirit of envy to over run and take possession of my life.
6.Father, let your fire consume and destroy every spirit of envy in my life.
7.Father, I receive grace today, to overcome every spirit of envy.
8.Father, do something special and great in my life, today, that will cause men, particularly, the unbelievers, to envy me and join me to worship you.
9.Father, fill me with Your love and kindness, that I may love others as You love them.
10.Father, please, help me to submit to YOUR WILL completely in all areas of my life and change my heart to reflect Your heart.
11.Father, remove from my life, every component of envy - ill feelings, malice, evil thoughts, insecurity, fear of the unknown, etc.
12.Father, remove from me, every spirit of pride, that would cause me to think myself more deserving or better than others.
13.Father, let all your plans and purpose for my life come to pass, without any delays, in Jesus' name.
14.Father, grant unto me patience, to wait for your timing for my life.
15.Your Personal Petitions. (Phil 4:6)
16. Thank you Father for answered prayers.(1 Thes 5:18). In Jesus' name I pray. (Jn 15:16)

(1) (Reply)

"If You Can't Kill The Police Man, Make Sure You Kill The Police Dog"-muslim Man / Stories Behind Great Hymns....... Just As I Am / Satan Get Lost! Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.