Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,338 members, 7,864,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:39 PM

Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans (1851 Views)

My Trip To New Orleans, LA | Foodie Tour, WWII Museum & Whitney Plantation / Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
Fortissimo502:

NOLA is no where near the East Coast.

Well it's kinda considered in the "Southeastern" portion of the U.S.
In gang terminology...it's considered on the "east coast"....

FYI..
I am NOT a member of any gang ...neither do I have any affiliation nor have I ever had any affiliation with any of them. I just have read about them back when they were extremely popular in the 90's.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Cause I've been through some stuff with folks on here. I'm trying to be more cautious this time around...
How long have you been out of AL?

I was there as a kid for a short time. But mostly, raised in IN.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Fortissimo502:

I am down there.

Good head down to the 12th find some 39ers or B's and give a sound geography lecture

It's easy to spot the B's though because of the dead they wear so ..good luck
.now back off cus ..
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Can you translate the conversation? Im lost.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I was there as a kid for a short time. But mostly, raised in IN.

Oh okay..yep very interesting state.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

Good head down to the 12th find some 39ers or B's and give a sound geography lecture

.now back off cus ..

Can you translate what you are saying? Im not being funny, Im lost in what you are saying.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

Can you translate the conversation? Im lost.

Lol....no I cannot translate it
It's like how I was in Physics, Chemistry and Trig classes (way back when)....clueless undecided
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Fortissimo502: 8:20pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Understood. My point is that, generally speaking, if i say I live on the east cost of the US, NOLA is definitely not one of the places that would come to mind. Or is it? I take it you are an American?
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Understood. My point is that, generally speaking, if i say I live on the east cost of the US, NOLA is definitely not one of the places that would come to mind. Or is it? I take it you are an American?

I think what she means is that in gang culture, there is just east and west coast. And New Orleans is east not west.
Geographically, you are right, New Orleans is south.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
Uchihaitaci:

.now back off cus ..

Sorry, I did not mean to offend. I will leave you be. Take care, ok.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Fortissimo502: 8:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:

I think what she means is that in gang culture, there is just east and west coast. And New Orleans is east not west.
Geographically, you are right, New Orleans is south.

Right, makes sense.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Fortissimo502:

Yes....Black American/Nigerian.
You are right...but there's a certain imaginary line that is drawn on a U.S. map that would say that the states to the left of that line are considered "west coast"...& the states to the right are considered "east coast".
I was thinking that the crips/blood rivalry was mainly between Cali and New York..
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Fortissimo502: 8:33pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mobilia:

Yes....Black American/Nigerian.
You are right...but there's a certain imaginary line that is drawn on a U.S. map that would say that the states to the left of that line are considered "west coast"...& the states to the right are considered "east coast".
I was thinking that the crips/blood rivalry was mainly between Cali and New York..

Hmmm...interesting.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 07, 2018
How about that jambalaya...

Lets change subject, please.
Re: Five Mistakes To Avoid When Visiting New Orleans by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
hiawathia1981:
How about that jambalaya...

Lets change subject, please.

Lol.....how about those beignets and po' boys!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Fast Is CBN Trade System Form A? / Is There Anybody Living In Georgia? / Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.