Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers (21510 Views)

Gracious David West Beaten Up By Inmates In Port-Harcourt Prison / Man Who Sells Building Materials Arrested By SARS. See Their Shocking Reason.PIC / Notorious Armed Robber With Charm Killed By SARS After Gun Battle. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by correctbae: 9:52am On Jun 06, 2018
TV Host and blogger, Anthony Abraham got his own share of SARS menace. He was accosted along berger road when he was on bike, he got dragged down to their van where the beating started, even trying to convince them that he is a blogger and entertainer seems useless as they continue beating him. They eventually pushed him out of the van after going through his phone and confirming he is actually a blogger.

He writes:

I don't know what i did to deserve the kind of beating i receieved from SARS officials today.

I was on a bike going to Alagbole from Berger when they stopped me and asked me to come down from the bike which i did. Immediately, they told me to enter their van and i asked them why and that was it, rain of slaps landed on my face. They bundled me and threw me inside the siena van. Inside the van, they started beating me, i tried to block the slaps but one of them held my hand so that my face will be open to receive the slaps. They beat me as if i was a criminal before asking me what i do for a living. I told them that i am a blogger and also an actor/entertainer.

The beating continued again. Seriously, i was scared for my life, i began to doubt if they were truely SARS officials or they are kidnappers or ritualists. A lot of thoughts were running through my mind. By now we were approaching Ojodu going towards ogba. After all the beating, one of them then searched my phone and saw truely that i was a blogger, he saw my blog and also saw my skit videos this was after beating me o. He searched my pocket and saw some money. One of them said i should come down but the other one said i should bring the money on me, i refused and he then slapped me again and again and then again. I told them i wanted to use the money and he said he saw another one thousand naira in my pocket while searching me. I told him that was my T-fare. He said that he will take me to the station that why am i wearing a ripped jeans. Still, I refused to give him the money before they pushed me out of the vehicle after one of them said that i am a blogger that they should let me go before i start another #ENDSARS campaign. They also forced me to apologise to them for making them think i was a yahoo boy which i did. I still cant believe that this happened to me in my own country.

We are no longer safe in this country.
Those who are supposed to protect us are actually killing us.
We need to #ENDSARS with immediate effect because we really cant see the effect of SARS in our society. SARS has done more harm than good.

This is a true life story and it was not sugarcoated. It happened to me yesterday.

Source: https://correctbae.ng/2018/06/06/blogger-and-tv-host-got-beaten-by-sars-officers/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by youngest85(m): 9:53am On Jun 06, 2018
You bear Anthony and you can't Joshua the SARS.....

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by JasonScoolari: 9:56am On Jun 06, 2018
Bloggers and SARS... None of my business.

Bloggers are not my friend. Same with SARS.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Adaowerri111: 9:58am On Jun 06, 2018
The guy almost look like a yahoo boy sha, since we can't #EndSars always dress properly to avoid such situation,

13 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Uwaomaokey(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 06, 2018
I guess that slap was worth a little more ooomph.. cheesy
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by levi2(m): 11:17am On Jun 06, 2018
End SARS NOW

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by jerryadigun: 11:17am On Jun 06, 2018
-----ONLY RESTRUCTURING CAN PUT AN END TO THIS MENACE.

-----TO REPORT THIS MATTER NOW, ONE WOULD HAVE TO REASON ABUJA, THAT IS IF THEY EVEN ACT ON IT.

------ENOUGH SAID....

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Speakdatruth: 11:17am On Jun 06, 2018
Sars and bloggers now
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by SalamRushdie: 11:18am On Jun 06, 2018
There is a correlation between increased police extortion and the Buhari govt which is bad eggs in govt services know how to gauge the mood of the head of govt and his body language and quickly take advantage of it to make illicit financial gains ... Bad eggs in our police force know that Buhari is pro human rights abuse and have jumped on the band wagon to make quick bucks using the moment ..

9 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:18am On Jun 06, 2018
sad
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by talk2saintify(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2018
shocked
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by lovelylad: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2018
Adaowerri111:
The guy almost look like a yahoo boy sha, since we can't #EndSars always dress properly to avoid such situation,
please how do you identify a yahoo boy when you see one.

10 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by ItzBIM(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2018
I don’t believe any blogger.
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by bedspread: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2018
This SARS tin is soooo Serious oooo..

Herdsmen
Nepa
Boko haram
Muric
Buhari
Elrufai
Bobrisky
SARS

All These in one Country??
Sai Gobe oooo

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by deebest8(m): 11:20am On Jun 06, 2018
Sorry man,God is your strength

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by OboOlora(f): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2018
Redflags:

-Body tattoos
-Body piercings
-Sagging jeans
-Flashy cars
-Tinted glass
-Etc

The list is endless! If the government won’t end SARS, it’s advisable you dress the part and avoid gatherings that will land you in trouble.

It’s Nigeria, u can’t be driving a flashy car with tinted glass, rough dressing and not be harassed!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by sloopyy: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2018
Good for the blogger
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Forzap: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2018
shey bi most of una dey support dose useless ppl, una just dey start undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by DisGuy: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2018
I told them that i am a blogger and also an actor/entertainer

is that suppose to be a recognised profession or something, why would anyone introduce himself as a blogger in Nigeria to Police?
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Metuh: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2018
Desist from posting trash or you might get missing next time. grin
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Slymonster(m): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2018
Police have turn to thieves in this country. It will not be address. The government only respond to their image when international media focus on their ass.

The government,the people and everyone is in are just going on the same circle. Issues will be brought up,the people will be looking at you like why are you on dread hair(what does that has to do with crime),why do you have a mifi( like that is a crime to have a connection to browse multiple device easily), why are you on rugged jeans( you look like a yahoo boy). Why do a young man like you have up to a million or half a million or more than a million(Police going through your own personal alert on your phone..When they see money, they must find one thing to pin you till you drop something. Then now,we go out deleting every alert on your phone not because of thieves or kidnappers but an institution that is suppose to protect its citizens).

What a nation.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by tragergeorge(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2018
Adaowerri111:
so as e almost look like yahoo boy mean say the slaps are justified or what,I which dem fit de stop all Hausa man dem see and label dem suspected Fulani herds men e for better,like this those SARS de owe me 50k and I'm gonna get it back from them,peacefully I will get it back and even more

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by IVORY2009(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2018
youngest85:
You bear Anthony and you can't Joshua the SARS.....

If he tries it, he would have been a different story by now...
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by pol23: 11:32am On Jun 06, 2018
Me I dey even fear police pass thief.
Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by tinktanker: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2018
It is high time we the youths form a movement.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Nukilia: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2018
The blogger should report this case to Fulani herdsmen, they'll fix it. cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Abraham Beaten Up By SARS Officers by Nukilia: 11:35am On Jun 06, 2018
tinktanker:
It is high time we the youths form a movement.

No need forming a movement, just report them to the nearest herdsmen association.... Thank me later grin grin grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Herdsmen Battle Police On Falae’s Farm / "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" / Tension In Osogbo Over Rising Cases Of Missing Persons, Ritual Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.