Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

"Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" (21539 Views)

Pastor At Kidnapped US Girl's Funeral In 1975 Charged With Her Murder / Tinubu Supporter Who Is Trekking From Kano To Abuja Kidnapped / FUTO Students: Croatian Police Threatened To Kill Us, Stole Our N128,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Mynd44: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2021
I and my kid brother were kidnapped by the Police in Abuja around Wuse 2 couple hours ago, after eating at Kilimanjaro at Ruby Center. They swiftly doubled crossed our bolt ride, brought out guns and asked us to follow them into their car which wasn’t a police vehicle.

On getting in, they asked where we’re from, I stated that were Igbos from Imo state, they immediately said that we’re members of IPOB, they squeezed us into their car, they were 5 police men! They started harassing us, at this point, I had a severe panic attack.
I asked them to please give me water to take my meds(thankfully I was with it) they asked what I do for a living, I told them I’m a writer, and they stated that I’m a yahoo boy. They said we should get ready to get to the station, I told them that I wanted to call my lawyer

They were furious. They asked if I’m based in Abuja, I told them I came for the holiday, and they asked where I stay and how much I am paying, I told them I stay at a shortlet apartment and well, they ransacked my phone and saw the convo with my manager and saw how much I paid.

They asked how I could afford such amount of money. All these while, they’ve taken us to outskirts of Abuja. By the way, they handcuffed us and pushed us into the boot. I nearly choked because I am claustrophobic and I had to take double dose of my meds.

They wanted to tase us. They ransacked my brothers phone and called him a yahoo boy because of his crypto ish. They drove so far from Abuja, I mean, two hours! I was so scared because these guys had guns and threatened to kill us.

They began asking how many accounts we have and how much in there. They forced us to open our bank apps, and told me to bring 1.5m. I was already having severe panic attacks and needed to take my other meds at home. I told them I didn’t have that amount of money.

Long story short, they took our ATMs and withdrew 500,000 Naira out of 617000 that I had in my account. They withdrew my kid brothers 50K. I begged them that it was my upkeep money for my stay but they went physical on me, slapped me and asked me to use the 117K for myself

By the way, they stopped at a junction, and one took off his police uniform and went to withdraw the money using a POS! They also wanted to transfer our crypto. Man, I can’t even talk. I’m traumatized. After everything, they drove us back to town(Utako where I stay…)

They looked for a dark place, unlocked the handcuffs and gave us our phones and cards. They took my new AirPods and valuables. Phew. This wasn’t the plan at all. I felt so invaded and highly abused.

500K out of 617K in my account. Just like that? I was squeezed in the boot; I nearly passed out. They threatened to kill. They said they work for the IG of police. When the dropped us off, all I saw BWR 127Q0 as plate number. Not sure of the last two letters though.

They were actual policemen, they had their walkie-talkie and I could hear security comms, but I think it was planned because they paid my Bolt driver off and told him to go and kidnapped my kid bro and I. I have never experienced anything close to this. I’m literally shaking.

I have no words, I need time to understand this. My hard earned money. I was abused on all fronts.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1475960931142283270.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by younglleo: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Omoh x10000000000900099
The exact reason citizens have lost remorse towards the death and killing of naija armed forces!!

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by 22o62021: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Police first dey do kidnapping jobs na

No be new thing

30 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by chiedu7: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Have you heard them exploit anybody from the North ?

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by joviegghead: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Hmm

I really feel sorry for whoever went through this.

I still don't know why the African man loves to oppress others with the little power/authority he has.

Those criminals were must have also extorted money from others, especially during this festive. Their target must be very high. And they are desperate.

The government seriously needs to take a closer look at its recruitment process. Criminals are being unknowingly legitimized, given uniforms and guns to fight crime. What a joke!

46 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by dihes36975: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Nah wa oo
Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Offpoint1: 8:14am On Dec 29, 2021
Don't worry bro, karma always caught up with them towards their retirement.

Walk into any police Barracks and ask, most of them die of strokes and many other sickness within their few years to retirement and the sickness always ruined them for at least 5 years and more before death.

Karma doesn't forgive

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by mrkings84(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2021
What kind of tales is this?
How can the Nigerian police be acting like this?
So is it not better we live without the police?

This is barbaric!
I condemn this act in it totality.

Shame on the police.

13 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by slawormiir: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Damnnn niggar

All these were happening in utako and wuse that is lively

What is wrong with our youths these days...we the youth should stop being a pussy

Can't you hold your ground and create awareness in that area

"Something like we die here " we are not going anywhere "
Do this and the police officers will be scared...People will come out and assist you guys

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Theslumflower: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Nigeria is gone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Olamide2035: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2021
Normal normal he no suppose better for them Nigerian Police

7 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by CannibalTorment: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2021
ok
Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by temmypotter(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2021
This country has gone to the dogs... Stories like this spring up everyday now like it's the norm.. Sigh!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by NkanuSon: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2021
Terrorists in uniform, everything about the name Nigeria is terrorism

18 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Ayomi90: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2021
Useless country

4 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by DannyXpress: 8:16am On Dec 29, 2021
#END POLICE BRUTALITY will still kickstart early next year

8 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by gambia(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2021
I'm not surprised, na their way.

6 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by DropsMic(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2021
Smh

Greed has destroyed my country.
Everybody wants to make it by hook or by crook. EFCC officials are busy scamming, policemen are scamming, politicians are killing the country etc.

Who will come to our aid

12 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Jbiz2008: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
Nawao, is this the new style?
I can help you structure your business to function effectively and maximize profit by sending you a material that will help you achieve that for a token. My contact is below

1 Like

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by TimmyTen(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
This police brutality is gettin out of hand. U will b afraid of robbers,afraid of kidnappers,afraid of assasins, even police. Na only God Fee Save Us Oo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Uwaomaokey(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
Get the Bolt driver details, find and arrest him.

14 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by adaxme(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
How are u sure they are police officers?
and not some imposters?
stop giving Nigerian police bad name
because it's obvious u hate Nigeria as an IPob

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by fredwill1357(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
Nigerians should protest and demand for state police, this will greatly curtail insecurity, police brutality and molestation.

11 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by seborrhic: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
No amount of criminality is beyond the Nigerian police.
This is a force that would pick up innocent guys on the street or just guys smoking take them to the station,bring out weapons from their armoury,place it before the people arrested,snap them and call them armed robbers arrested with the snapped weapons!

5 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by armadeo(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
Nigerian police have turned to armed robbers tay tay.

When they attack them people would be blabbing....

All of them na thief. No good one inside.

In short make police take this one..

11 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by OnMyBiz: 8:17am On Dec 29, 2021
No be today...

Nigeria cannot change.
But that is really painful.

6 Likes

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2021
If police becomes the criminals in the society, then it is finished for this country.

It now a regular news that the policemen are robbing the citizens more than what arm robbers have done so far this year.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by crackhouse(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2021
Na their way be that
Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by LibertyRep: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2021
Will the police ever learn?
Will they?

1 Like

Re: "Police Officers In Abuja Kidnapped Us, Stole ₦550,000 From Our Bank Accounts" by Limassol(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2021
How can we take ths story seriously when it's sorely lacking in evidence?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed / Ghanaian Prostitutes On The Run Following The Murder Of Their Colleagues / Nigerian Nanny Sentenced To 15 Years Over Death Of Baby She Force-Fed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.