Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless (1338 Views)

Celebrating World Tourism Day 2015 - My Beautiful Nigeria (pictures Included) / Ariya Expo - Enjoying Or Investing In Nigerian Tourism / The French Embassy In Nigeria Must Be Useless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 21, 2007
Its quite a disgrace, studying Tourism management outside Nigeria and when important information is needed through weblinks to our tourism board for any class presentation or project work/assignment, it just gets virtually impossible to get any info. from any weblink, even the official website is a digrace to use for a class presentation, other countries that even have no natural attractions like we do are far ahead in propagating what they have built, whereas we learn a lot of money is being spent on Tourism development from every State of the country. At least, the reputation determines first what our country looks like. Where is all the money going? When do we start getting a figure to behold? This is dishearting!!!
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by LoverBwoy(m): 5:41pm On Mar 22, 2007
True!
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by zexyworm: 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2007
The Nigeria Tourism Dev. Corp (NTDC, long name but zero achievments) epitomises Obasanjo's failure to appoint competent and envisioned people to head agencies critical to development.

The website has been and continues to be extremely useless, not adding value to online info on Nigerian sites of interest, etc.  The Hotels and cities sections are bad links since 2004.

Runsewe (NTDC's head) has been talking about classifying Nigerian hotels since 2005, but this has not seen the light of the day nor will it ever do while a fat corrupt man like him is in charge.

The final joke summing up  the OBJ's regime treatment of the strategic tourism sector is the appointment of BORISHADE as culture and tourism minister.

Nigeria will learn one day to capitalize on its endless natural and cultural resources, but not before Obasanjo and his chronies are replaced.

Kudos go Cross River, Bauchi, and Plateau states for taking a proactive approach and setting up their own initiatives that work.    This is because running a tourism industry depends first and foremost on real committment and belief that your community is unique and marketable.
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2007
Yeah, thats true, i checked up cross river, plateau and Bauchi states. Those sites are good links. To say the fact, those Governments are trying compared to others.
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by Ferlie(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
which one have you made?
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
se, na us suppose design web abi govt?
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by babasin(m): 1:08pm On Mar 25, 2007
www.nigeriatourism.net

Not all links are active, but its a nice web page. the navigation is good and the pictures too.
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by kellorah: 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2007
@ topic: so true. angry
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by zexyworm: 6:20am On Mar 27, 2007
What is a portrait of bureaucrat doing on that webpage, first impression for prospective tourists to see? No other use but to glorify Runsewe and depict him as "Nigeria", "look at me, I'm the best because my webmaster obeys me".

What a sad case when mediocre people with mediocre achievments highjack websites of national importance.
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by netzymes(m): 12:01am On Apr 01, 2007
Hello zexyworm,

I have made some effort to visit different so called tourism sites in Nigeria and I think a little bit of honesty is required. The environment is not ready, there is no infrastructure, people are not well trained, problems with power and security, the expense of flying to Nigeria and accommodation and so on. I believe deep down we all know this.

Sometimes what you see online can be a reflection of the truth.

If we are talking about business people that is a completely different matter. You ask any expatriate in Lagos when was the last time they went to a different state just to see the site if work was not involved.

We are doing our little bit with www.ip4hotels.com.

Regards
Re: Nigerian Tourism Websites Are Useless by LePhilippe(m): 12:10am On Apr 03, 2007
No Nigerian Website amazes me or puts a smile to my face!!

(1) (Reply)

Which Of These Country In Africa Is Livable / Delta Most Luxurious Hotel / Will I Be Denied Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.