Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi (11071 Views)

Stop Lying Lawan, Senator’s Monthly Take Home Pay Is N15m – Sagay / PDP Women Lying By The Roadside In Uyo After Their Rally (Photos) / FG Must Stop Lying About Boko Haram — ICC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Opinionated: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2018
By Dr Aroms Aigbehi

I used to have a worker in Nigeria whose mother died three times in one year. For sure, it was a lie, But that is the extent many people want to go in Nigeria with lying. To lie has become a national sport. If you don’t lie in Nigeria then you are a ‘mumu’. The question is not who is telling you a truth, but rather, who is not telling you a lie.

This is the major vice that have destroyed Nigeria. To lie has become path of the Nigeria culture. The negative effect of lie is so huge that it cannot be quantify yet. It has been the major bane of Nigeria culture. It has destroyed the economy, the education, the culture, the family, the religious and the moral fabric of the society. It has basically truncated the progress and yet people still ask me “tell us which way forward now.” People, just stop lying. That is the first place to start.

To lie has become too normal in Nigerian society where everybody profess to be either a Muslim or a Christian where their God forbid people to lie.

Both the Bible and the Quran are against lying and yet most of our Nigerian Christians and Muslims are some of the best liars in the world. I often wonder what people think when they go to church or the mosque to pray when they lie to the prayer ground and lie back home. Do they really think God is stupid that he can be mocked? Well that is not what I read in Galatians 6:7 “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows”

Lying Nigerians want to go to heaven. I tell you based on what I have read in the Bible and I was told also from the Quran that people who have engraved lying into their culture will not go to heaven, if that is what you believe. Anytime you lie for little things like, when someone asked you how far are you? You say I am five minutes away when you are still really at home. Or, for very big things like telling people God spoke to you last night when in fact you were passed out from drinking beer. Realize that you are an abomination to your God. I didn’t make it up so don’t get angry at me, I am just a messenger.

The Bible said it. “Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.” Proverbs 12:22

I don’t care what religion you profess, if you really follow the moral principles of your religion your society will be a much better place. If your society is in disarray like Nigeria is. It means people have abandoned their moral compass and forgotten their true north.

Next time you lie ask yourself was it worth it?

Source:
[url]Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying[/url]

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
IT'S WHO WE ARE
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Firefire(m): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
APC, Party of professional liars and career rogues.

12 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
grin
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Uyiii: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
This is Nigeria, everyone is a criminal.
cc; Falz.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
cool
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by joseh08: 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2018
Tell that to APC! Especially Lie Mohammed, El rufai, Buhari, Osinbajo, Fashola & Transmission IGP

12 Likes 2 Shares

grin grin
vikkimimi:
IT'S WHO WE ARE

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by OlufemiOAP(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Even our minister is Lie Muhammad

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Xisnin(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
I blame Lie muhamed for this.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
Good one.

But sometimes lying is necessary.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by bedspread: 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
When the Head is a Lier what do u Expect
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by kmaster007: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
who re u telling dis nw
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by BOOMnaija(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
U and this ur long epistles again.

U always remind me of a fellow corper years back at kano.

He tries as much as possible to impress by saying so much, but actually ends up saying nothing grin
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Section1000: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
I come serve drinks for commenters and non-commenters

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by slawomir: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
youself dey even lie

is there God?
that imaginary being

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Apina(m): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Its more or less a culture. Right from childhood, "tell them say I no dey" while comfortably sitting in d parlour is a phrase a majority were asked to relay to some neighbours and friends undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
You should have tagged "Liar Mohammed" in this writeup.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by badmrkt(m): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
More like why,LAI Mohamme and Buhari should stop lying...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by oshe11: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by EmmaLege: 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
cry
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Ekeseges(f): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
God help us all
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Anijay1212(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
angry
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by meobizy(f): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
Everyone in this country is a liar to an extent. It's ingrained in us and taught to those who try to act otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by boss1310(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
yes and your first statement here is also a lie
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Section1000: 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2018
vikkimimi:
IT'S WHO WE ARE
mtcheeeew ! ! ! speak for yourself jare. angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Wellets50(m): 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nigeria women can lie eer
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by oshe11: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
"I used to have a worker in Nigeria whose mother died three times in one year......"

Lier advising people to stop lyingcheesy

He lied twice about his Mum's death, U no talk till the third timecheesy

U worse pass LIA M
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stop Lying By Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos PDP Sacks Chairman / Fresh Borno Village Attack. Vanguard Breaking News.. / I Will Not Resign As PDP Chairman - Modu Sheriff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.