Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! (42701 Views)

Oyinbo Baby Relishes Eba & Okro Soup (Video, Photos) / Okro Soup And Fufu To Calm Your Nerves. / Russians Eat Okro Soup And Eba For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by encryptjay(m): 11:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
The soup itself is barely visible; I guess this is the modern format cos here, every swallow you're making, meat or fish will follow it.
Well done. I loathe Okro soup sha.
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by moshino(m): 11:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
Lalas247:
Hi All!

Back again with my quick and easy OKRO SOUP recipe.
So I felt like having some swallow today and thought why not make some okro soup accompanied with either Garri (eba) or Pounded yam (my fav)

Ingredients;
Beef( lamb)
Smoked Turkey
Cow skin (just like ponmo)
Large Smoked prawns
Palm oil
Boullion cube (maggi/knorr)
Onions
Crayfish
Scotch bonnet pepper
All purpose seasoning
Spinach /Ugu leaves
OKRO

Why do you patronize the murderous 'fulani herdsmen' by buying their beef products?
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by CanineOfJackal: 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
Gloriao:
Dear Original Poster, I thank you for the enlightenment but I must not fail to say that your grammer is bad likewise your punctuation.

Come to think of it, I have noticed that most schools don't have good English teachers. The 'original' teachers have retired. Anyone can write a novel without having a sound editor.

Let us all be meticulous when writing on social media so as to covey whatever information one has to dissipate appropriately.

Critics are highly welcomed.

Thank you.
This is FOOD section and not EDUCATIONAL section so travel down there quick.

Do you know how to cook?
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by CanineOfJackal: 11:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
Simplybami:

As in i'm surprised myself. That's not how to cook Okro soup please! What is this? Smh.
Every tribe has a way they cook their Okro so kindly show us the way Your Yoruba people cook theirs.

You are just busy doing Amebo here. The Op is the bomb

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by CanineOfJackal: 11:32pm On Jun 06, 2018
emelda86:

Person go chop poison one day all in the name of soup
Cook your carbide and otapiapia and post let's see.

You are busy making noise here but might end up not knowing how to boil water to 70 degrees

2 Likes

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:35pm On Jun 06, 2018
You scored very high on the most important factor: food preparation. In addition your presentation is on point.

Well done !

Are you married ? grin

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Daisy17: 11:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
Simplybami:

Lol. She even fried the pepper and onions for Okro soup? Chai!

Nothing wrong with that. Frying actually gives out a nice aroma.

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Damfostopper(m): 12:11am On Jun 07, 2018
shows cooking skills with a mere okro soup..... Between the op and the mod that push this to fp... I don't know who is more stewpid
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by dapojaja(m): 12:26am On Jun 07, 2018
Lala247 before i lick this okro finish con go spread the bed o, 'cos e don dey cause chemical reaction down below. The oil for inside the okro don reach the other end. make pressure no make me spill am for trouser o.
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by chukxie(m): 12:45am On Jun 07, 2018
NORSIYK:
Nice but the soup is too dark plus garlic is no no for me

There's no garlic in recipe. I've never seen anyone adding garlic to okra soup.
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by rinzaugustine: 2:15am On Jun 07, 2018
Good one
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by olmoRoc: 3:56am On Jun 07, 2018
Nice.
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by babtoundey(m): 4:05am On Jun 07, 2018
OP, how far now. May I know you. I see that cooking is your hobby, eating is my own hobby. 2+2=4
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by iluvpomo(m): 6:00am On Jun 07, 2018
OP ... na the cow skin sweet me pass cheesy
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by HoodBillionaire: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2018
as gangstar as i am.
i still go to open market
to buy some stuffs
so wtf is this
if she had a job or was a good ass working class
bich wont have time for this shiit
truly youths are lazy
wtf is today. a public holiday
bich
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Phut(f): 6:41am On Jun 07, 2018
Follygunners:
All I can see na OKORO soup not, Okro soup, abeg! grin

Real okro soup prepared by the real owners (Yoruba pple) no dey get the leaves.

If you know, you know! cool

Ignorance of the highest order. Okro is an Igbo word and Okro soup is 100% an Igbo soup. It was and is still so popular amongst the Igbo’s that the slaves took it across the Atlantic to the America’s. People in the Southern United States use it in their gumbo and they call it Okra which is a mispronunciation of/and comes for the word Okro. The English word for Okro is Lady Fingers.

Next time stick to your Ila asepe or whatever you call that your slimy puke worthy soup. Okro is and will forever be ours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by cassidy1996(m): 8:02am On Jun 07, 2018
auntie! this your okro soup is tha bomb. location please , am coming to eat.....
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 07, 2018
We have 2 ways of cooking okro soup tho,even egusi soup has 2 methods.....nice 1 op
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Mcy56(f): 10:16am On Jun 07, 2018
Daniel058:
Na you go marry me nah.. mua.. Can you let me have ur 11 digit biko tongue
sad
I met your requirements but sorry brother, you didnt meet up with mine. So bye-bye. tongue
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 07, 2018
donnaD:
Radicallyblunt whey u dey oo.sha me think say beta and tasty real nija soup no need all these spices.crayfish,smoke fish especially Titus,kpomo,meat optional,red oil grated or sliced okra,iru or ogiri and ugwu(uzuza or efo leaves)don give me great teasting meal.no Maggi or spices.
Lol u sabi chop am without spices?
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by JahSelassie(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2018
Lalas247:
Join me cheesy
Only if you have fufu grin
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by emelda86(f): 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
CanineOfJackal:
Cook your carbide and otapiapia and post let's see.

You are busy making noise here but might end up not knowing how to boil water to 70 degrees

Lol...
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by emelda86(f): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
ranmoor:

Which one is Mangala again? Na Zabaleta u go see. Women and wahala

Wetin you sabi u think say I dey cook like you if you no no mangala I no fit help you
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Follygunners: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2018
Phut:

Ignorance of the highest order. Okro is an Igbo word and Okro soup is 100% an Igbo soup. It was and is still so popular amongst the Igbo’s that the slaves took it across the Atlantic to the America’s. People in the Southern United States use it in their gumbo and they call it Okra which is a mispronunciation of/and comes for the word Okro. The English word for Okro is Lady Fingers.

Next time stick to your Ila asepe or whatever you call that your slimy puke worthy soup. Okro is and will forever be ours.

Fool! No wonder ur tribe is the weakest in values, norms and ethics. I can as well go to wikipedia to edit the narrative.
In Yoruba, we call it 'ila', westerners gave it the 'okra' name and in ur dumb language nko? E no get.
Useless pple with no origin claiming Jew. Olofo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by CanineOfJackal: 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2018
emelda86:

Lol...
Sweetheart no vex. I even attacked you. sorry. let's talk outside here
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Probz(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2018
Phut:

The Yorubas of Ondo town do a nice okro soup. Otherwise ila’s trash.

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Probz(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
Follygunners:

Fool! No wonder ur tribe is the weakest in values, norms and ethics. I can as well go to wikipedia to edit the narrative.
In Yoruba, we call it 'ila', westerners gave it the 'okra' name and in ur dumb language nko? E no get.
Useless pple with no origin claiming Jew. Olofo.

And okro ultimately comes from Igbo okwuru.

That’s not open for discussion by the way. Man’s waiting for you to claim ogbono soup next.

2 Likes

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Follygunners: 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2018
Probz:

And okro ultimately comes from Igbo okwuru.

That’s not open for discussion by the way. Man’s waiting for you to claim ogbono soup next.

@bolded. Fool, who no know say na Yoruba get 'Apon'? Who no know say you okoro pple too dey steal other pple's languages and terminologies? If na you get am, how come nobody call it that crap name 'okwuru'? Stupid okoro animals...

Like the other day they started with the stupid trend of calling 'Aso-Ebi' (A well known Yoruba word) as 'Ashebi'. Chai! Thief. Not a single known value or norm... You can as well go ahead and claim Iyan, Garri, fufu et al as okoro language. grin grin

What's the okoro name for the most generic staple foods across the continent like: 'eba', 'iyan', 'fufu', 'semo', 'moin-moin', 'akara' et al..? Una no get and rather go with whatever we ur Yoruba masters coin it. grin

We all know your language is the worst of all languages. Go and read abt how weak the okoro language and culture is. cool

1 Like

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Probz(m): 4:40pm On Jun 07, 2018
Follygunners:

@bolded. Fool, who no know say na Yoruba get 'Apon'? Who no know say you okoro pple too dey steal other pple's languages and terminologies? If na you get am, how come nobody call it that crap name 'okwuru'? Stupid okoro animals...

Like the other day they started with the stupid trend of calling 'Aso-Ebi' (A well known Yoruba word) as 'Ashebi'. Chai! Thief. Not a single known value or norm... You can as well go ahead and claim Iyan, Garri, fufu et al as okoro language. grin grin

What's the okoro name for the most generic staple foods across the continent like: 'eba', 'iyan', 'fufu', 'semo', 'moin-moin', 'akara' et al..? Una no get and rather go with whatever we ur Yoruba masters coin it. grin

We all know your language is the worst of all languages. Go and read abt how weak the okoro language and culture is. cool

Yet the Igbo ogbono’s more popular than Yoruba apon.

Semo’s short for semolina. Tell me that’s a Yoruba word and I’ll know you’re not serious.

Garri Yoruba? LMAO.

2 Likes

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Follygunners: 4:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Probz:

Yet the Igbo ogbono’s more popular than Yoruba apon.

Semo’s short for semolina. Tell me that’s a Yoruba word and I’ll know you’re not serious.

Fool! Ogbono is some tasteless okoro soup. 'Apon' is the real name which is a complementary side to soups in Yoruba just like our very delicious 'ewedu' and 'ila' cool. You okoro pple as usual decided to wanna tweak it and call it some useless name. grin

'Semo' is a pure Yoruba term that has been westernized over the course of time. We call it 'Semo-Vita' from the very developed and powerful factories that manufacture them in SW of Nigeria. cool

Yoruba feed you, okoro pple! cool
Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Probz(m): 4:50pm On Jun 07, 2018
Follygunners:

Fool! Ogbono is some tasteless okoro soup. 'Apon' is a complementary side to soups in Yoruba just like our very delicious 'ewedu' and 'ila' cool

'Semo' is a pure Yoruba term that has been westernized over the course of time. We call it 'Semo-Vita' from the very developed and powerful factories that manufacture them in SW of Nigeria. cool

Yoruba feed you, okoro pple! cool

Why won’t apon be tasteless when it’s cooked by one useless iya Ibadan?

Stick to your gbegiri and ewedu.

2 Likes

Re: Quick And Easy OKRO Soup! by Probz(m): 4:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
https://youtu.be/KAV2F9ylQTIM

Wouldn’t have made it to YouTube if there wasn’t at least some truth to it. Yoruba soups are a joke for the most part. We all know that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rising Cost Of Food Items In Nigeria (See Photos) / Look At The Snake We Killed. / See The pepper and tomatoes I bought for 3K in kano today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.