Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously (68379 Views)

Muric Commends Buhari For Declaring June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / Buhari Has Ended Obasanjo’s May 29 Hypocrisy, Says Falana On June 12 Democracy D (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by HomeOfMe(f): 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
wellmax:
Today the FG declared that henceforth June 12 will be regarded as democracy day. The President stated this via a statement released a while ago.
In the statement, the President also said the presumed winner of the 1993 elections will be posthumously awarded the highest title in Nigeria GCFR. The vice presidential candidate Babagana Kingigbe will also be awarded the title GCON.

Late Human Right activist Gani Fawehinmi Is also awarded the title GCON, the statement signed by the president said.
More Details later

Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44
I was 13 years old when I joined my neighbors and friends to protest the annulment of June 12 elections by IBB. My parents thought I was going to become an activist with the way I carried the issue of MKO on my head like someou hawking bread. I'm really happy about this. Till date my friends and I still visit MKO Abiola cresent off toyin street Ikeja. But the timing of this is very politically motivated. Why didn't they do it in 2015,2016 or even last year..,trying to appease or win the south-west I guess. Even though I'm very happy about this news, I know it's all about wining 2019 elections. I only hope our votes will count because I don't like you and I'm not voting for you. But unfortunately,the election has already been rigged.

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
I'm imagining how IBB will react to this development.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by HomeOfMe(f): 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
Saheed9:
This is long overdue. Regardless of the motives behind it. PMB should be commended by all and sundry because of this, it's the best he has done in 3years.
*singing MKO is our man oooo*
I remember that song,"MKO is our man ooo". There is likely to be a party at MKO's house soon. But I'm kicking buhari's ass.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by franktolk(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
My brother don't fall for the cheap lie . I am a Yoruba man and also a Christian. Yorubas have always lived in peace despite the different faiths and religions ,we inter marry, we pray together, we school together, we celebrate together and we are the most tolerant tribe in Nigeria.

They envy us and they feel they can use religion to break us . ko le work ( it can't work )

Thank you PMB for recognising MKO , God bless you and all well wishers .

salykely:

I haven't seen any Yoruba Muslim post equivalent of virulence here. Don't think that we Muslims don't know how much u Christians hate us. Some of u can go all way out to slaughter ur brethren just to rub it on ur Muslim neighbours.
I pray the war u are looking for will consume u and ur like mind

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Niceman4u(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
if not illiteracy Buhari should ve known the difference btw commemoration day and democracy day. The former is 12th June while the latter is 29th May.
Anyway illiteracy and desperation to garner the votes of the south west have pushed him to make commemoration day democracy day.
Gud one for all d govt workers because another day to relax at home without money in their pockets.
To all my south west brothers we must continue to endure this wicked change.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by ofwest47(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
OBJ shame on you, you refused to recognize the June 12 when you have the order city to do so now that PMB has done the right thing we are waiting for your reaction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Ategberoson(m): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
Buhari, your desperation to retain power is so strong.
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We Christian Yorubas will not vote for you in 2019.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?
Abiola has come and gone, we have our way of mourning and remembering him.

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .
Progressive Yorubas are wiser...

see afenifere spokeswoman. you're not Yoruba be it Christians, muslims or traditionalist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Moukandjo: 11:53pm On Jun 06, 2018
Organs:

Waoh, 299 likes for a hate post. You guys are plenty oh. Get ready to wail and cry your eyes out in 2019....lol

Bro, check by tomorrow & you'll see over 600 likes!
You should know by now that Nairaland is full of the unintelligent, ever-deluded & ever-paranoid IPIGs as well as other Jonathan sycophants who live to "like" & "share" anything anti-Buhari on Nairaland! Their power usually starts & ends the internet, & that's why they're usually called empty chest-beaters!

5 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by dapojaja(m): 11:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
You don't know Jack about politics so I don't expect you to understand...

don't mind the gallible
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by edgecution(m): 12:18am On Jun 07, 2018
edgecution:

Who is this? Who told you the Yorubas address themselves as Yoruba christians or Yoruba muslims? Definitely a Yoruba person cannot write this.

...........and for your information and education, there is no extended Yoruba family in without both christians and muslims as family members.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by edgecution(m): 12:21am On Jun 07, 2018
People should also stop this cynical blackmailing of other tribes into voting or not voting for a particular candidate. Nigerians should vote for whoever they want.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by edgecution(m): 12:23am On Jun 07, 2018
Cyberleets:

mumu... displaying ignorance in a public forum.

Anambra State University was converted to odumegwu ojukwu university

State University not Federal.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by IbnuUche(m): 12:24am On Jun 07, 2018
tete7000:
Buhari shading Obasanjo. Let see what Obasanjo reaction will be.
same to IBB

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by israelmao(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2018
If you like wake up Abiola from death Daura remains your destination comes 2019.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 07, 2018
salykely:

I haven't seen any Yoruba Muslim post equivalent of virulence here. Don't think that we Muslims don't know how much u Christians hate us. Some of u can go all way out to slaughter ur brethren just to rub it on ur Muslim neighbours.
I pray the war u are looking for will consume u and ur like mind

The impostor is ibo. Check his post history. Don't fall for these fools. They are trying to divide yoruba like they are divided into osu and freeborn in their poto poto enclave.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by DeOTR: 12:39am On Jun 07, 2018
Pataricatering:
it’s obvious you don’t understand the symbolism of June 12 to the yorubas and the love the average Yoruba man has for MKO ! To you it’s just a holiday !
I'm Yoruba, but this doesn't change the fact that Buhari has failed in every aspect of governance. He can honor me with GCFR if he likes, I'm voting against him. For some of you who can see the bigger picture, you can vote for him again just for June 12. Anything not geared towards turning the fortune of the country around is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Geofavor(m): 12:39am On Jun 07, 2018
Saheed9:
This is long overdue. Regardless of the motives behind it. PMB should be commended by all and sundry because of this, it's the best he has done in 3years.
*singing MKO is our man oooo*
Shut up!
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 07, 2018
IbnAbdullah1:

You see the reason why I will always advocate for fair play.
If this lady as bold as she is could play the religious card backed by likes from other christian nairalanders then none of you should even breathe a word when muslims apply the same strategy.

It is fair game.
That bait of always turning the left cheek only applies to christian because I for one,will not look aside when peole like this appear more fanatical than the people she hypocritically accuse of fanatism.
We will watch this together

That idiot is ibo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2018
karrengold:
NAILED

He is deceiving himself. We all know he is an ibo impostor.
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by ademoladeji(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
One thing is certain, you might succeed in deceiving some fanatical yoryuba Muslimns, but you can't deceive progressive/Yoruba Christians.
We won't vote for someone who is busy killing our Christian brothers in north central because we all know that once you are done with northern Christians, you will face southern Christians, Yoruba Christians included during your second tenure.
God forbids.!

If Abiola is so special in Yoruba land as you want to paint it, why did my people reject renaming Unilag after him ?

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on arrival .

Cynthia, Yoruba Christian, Weldon. From all indications, you're truly a CHRISTIAN but Not Yoruba. There's no single family in Yorubaland without both Christians and Muslims.

We tolerate ourselves in Yorubaland
We don't hate ourselves neither do we castigate ourselves.

You don't have to create a new account in bid to tarnish the image of Yorubas.

Your profile is so funny and I bet you did well creating the account barely a week ago in order to propagate your belief.

Mind you, I dare not judge you coz I'm nowhere close to the Almighty the greatest Judge of all time.

Jesus loves you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Eastprince101(m): 12:48am On Jun 07, 2018
Well am not really a fan of PMB... but moves like this, is exactly why he would win the next election with a land slide.... theres a little more bit of real politics. of response to the peoples yerning directly in some type of way. Nice move PMB i might vote u back grin especially if PDP gives a poor alternative.
but i dont like you sir

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 07, 2018
BABSIN:

Progressive Yoruba Christian Indeed.... Stupid Thinking.

Stop taking an ibo troll serious.

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 07, 2018
ademoladeji:

Cynthia, Yoruba Christian, Weldon. From all indications, you're truly a CHRISTIAN but Not Yoruba. There's no single family in Yorubaland without both Christians and Muslims.

We tolerate ourselves in Yorubaland
We don't hate ourselves neither do we castigate ourselves.

You don't have to create a new account in bid to tarnish the image of Yorubas.

Your profile is so funny and I bet you did well creating the account barely a week ago in order to propagate your belief.

Mind you, I dare not judge you coz I'm nowhere close to the Almighty the greatest Judge of all time.

Jesus loves you.

He's an osu impostor. Check his post history.

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Amalekki: 1:13am On Jun 07, 2018
Obasanjo why
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Amalekki: 1:21am On Jun 07, 2018
Voter turnout was higher in the south than in the north. The Social Democratic Party (SDP) candidate Moshood Abiola received over 8 million votes, and won in 19 states and the Federal Capital Territory. The National Republican Convention (NRC) candidate Alhaji Bashir Tofa received over 6 million votes and won in 10 states only. Over 14 million people voted. Abiola won in Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Edo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kwara, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Taraba, and Yobe states, and the Federal Capital Territory. Tofa won in Abia, Adamawa, Bauchi, Enugu, Imo, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Rivers and Sokoto States.

Abiola’s victory was comprehensive as he won almost 60% of the total votes cast. Only in two states (Kebbi and Sokoto) did Abiola fail to obtain at least one-third of the votes. Abiola even defeated Tofa in Tofa’s home state of Kano.

https://maxsiollun./2008/06/14/june-12-1993-election-full-results/

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Amalekki: 1:24am On Jun 07, 2018
Going by the logic of some on NL - Abia, Enugu, Imo slaved for Tofa. Interesting indeed grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by riches4me(m): 1:44am On Jun 07, 2018
Moukandjo:

Bro, check by tomorrow & you'll see over 600 likes!
You should know by now that Nairaland is full of the unintelligent, ever-deluded & ever-paranoid IPIGs as well as other Jonathan sycophants who live to "like" & "share" anything anti-Buhari on Nairaland! Their power usually starts & ends the internet, & that's why they're usually called empty chest-beaters!
and let me add this to it. Never underestimate these our politicians they can do anything including registering many accounts just for to many likes.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by ddeola: 1:53am On Jun 07, 2018
Good move but your government sucks... grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by Jaideyone(m): 2:17am On Jun 07, 2018
Lightening:

You are certainly a Yoruba muslim; always catching Hausa/Fulani bullets who still turns around to kill their people.
yes I'm a Yoruba Muslim. if that is what makes me sleep at night. kill yourself
illiterate

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares June 12 Democracy Day, Award MKO GCFR Posthumously by EhisChelsea1(m): 2:35am On Jun 07, 2018
CyynthiaKiss:
God forbids.!

Terrorist Buhari, your antics is dead on Africa .

I sent u a request, kindly accept plZ

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Behold, President Bola Tinubu’s Men / Governor Yahaya Bello Joins Christian Convention In Kogi As He Runs Into Them / Obasanjo: Kashamu Avoided Justice, Couldn’t Escape Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.