Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Why Buhari Government Is South West Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Government Is South West Government (1001 Views)

Jibrin: NNPP/LP Alliance Is South-East's Best Chance Of Producing President / Gumi: There Are 100,000 Armed Bandits In North-West, Government Should Negotiate / Fela Charged With Armed Robbery By Buhari Government In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
Why Buhari Government Is South West Government

by life2017: 9:06pm On Jun 06

I have always maintained that, this Buhari Govt is south west government. South west as a region is a major beneficiary of this Buhari government.

In terms of appointment, south west is well represented both in numbers and relevance. Actually, south west control the economic policy of this govt with Osibanjo as the head of the economic team. Minister of finance Kemi Adeosun is from South west. The economic engine room in terms of expenditure which is works, power and housing is under South west control through Fashola. The number one source of revenue to federal govt which is FIRS is headed by Tinubu's boy Babatunde Fowler. But many people are ignorant of this fact because all attention is on NNPC. FIRS generate more revenue than NNPC because oil companies pay their tax to FIRS and not NNPC. in 2017 while NNPC generated 2 trillion Naira, FIRS generated 4 trillion Naira.

In terms of infrastructure, south west got a huge share in the infrastructural expenditure on rail, road, airport etc. Lagos- Ibadan expressway , Lagos - ibadan rail huge capital cost comes to mind.

In terms of party politics, South west is well respected and relevant in APC. Tinubu wanted the chairman gone, and he is as good as gone. He nominated Oshiomole as a replacement and it is as good as a done deal.

In terms of federal govt specific state targeted policy/ decision, south west has benefitted through Lagos. This govt has given support to Lagos state by giving national stadium to Lagos state, by giving or allowing oshodi airport road to be managed by Lagos state. And through support for Dangote refinery and Epe seaport.

Declaring June 12 democracy day is a masterstroke. And honouring Gani with the award of GCON is also a sign Buhari have high regards for south west. Furthermore with this action, he has completely destroyed his most powerful critic in south west which is Obasanjo. He just silenced OBJ among the south westerners. This a technical knockout to OBJ. He just further threw OBJ to the gutter among south west historians and political activists.

Even under Obasanjo, south west didn't get this level of regards and respect. Under GEJ, South west was taken for granted whether deliberately or not.

It also mean Tinubu movement from AD to AC to ACN to APC has achieved something significant.Tinubu and other ACN members have been fighting for June 12 to be named democracy day. Tinubu just achieved that. Democracy day he started in Lagos and other south west state has become National. What a great achievement!!! Tinubu will be very proud as the current face of south west politics.

And if the south east(igbo) don't play smart and matured politics, start building Bridges instead of Barriers, if Buhari wins 2019 which as at today is the most likely case , South west has a very high chance of taking over from him in 2023. At the end they will start shouting marginalization/betrayal all over again forgetting that politics is a game of number. You only win when you play the right game that will give you the number.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by hisgrace090: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
They work for it let them eat.

Igbo's says, onye rua orie, or if you work you eat.

One thing I learn of buhari is that he never forsake those who stand by him no matter where they cone from.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by jidamsel43(m): 9:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
Buhari is realistic and foresight politician. This honour will surely give political advantage to the president in 2023.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
seriously when i look at what buhari has done for sw i weep for se.

the way goodluck scammed us. look at niger bridge, look at so called international airport. he couldnt even have balls to declare a day to mourn fallen heroes of the war both nigeria and biafra sides.

such a dic.kk.less man.

se were taken for a ride. shame on ghana must go accepting ohaneze and the idiots fighting for him online.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by SuperS1Panther: 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
I am proud of PMB and his rating in SW just hit a new high with today's news.

Sai Baba till 2023. Haters wailers and pigidiotic Osus and Ojukwus can consult 5000KVA transformer

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Baawaa(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2018
South west the most sensible region in Nigeria,they believe in slow and steady win the race.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 07, 2018
Funnicator:
seriously when i look at what buhari has done for sw i weep for se.

the way goodluck scammed us. look at niger bridge, look at so called international airport. he couldnt even have balls to declare a day to mourn fallen heroes of the war both nigeria and biafra sides.

such a dic.kk.less man.

se were taken for a ride. shame on ghana must go accepting ohaneze and the idiots fighting for him online.
valid observation
Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Kingspin(m): 12:23am On Jun 07, 2018
My slogan is never go for politics but demand for development. Politics dont make a nation. it is development, law and enforcement that build a country.
Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by alhassanyusuf29(m): 2:22am On Jun 07, 2018
God bless PMB

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 07, 2018
Kingspin:
My slogan is never go for politics but demand for development. Politics dont make a nation. it is development, law and enforcement that build a country.
South west is getting development
Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by UncleJudax(m): 7:19am On Jun 07, 2018
hisgrace090:
They work for it let them eat.

Igbo's says, onye rua orie, or if you work you eat.

One thing I learn of buhari is that he never forsake those who stand by him no matter where they cone from.
And somehow this is Nigeria's definition of "democracy"?

Lol
Re: Why Buhari Government Is South West Government by Kingspin(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
life2017:

South west is getting development
Rejoice with politicians open one borehole. I can bet it you don't know what is call peace and development, Oh my God.

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo Of A Bad Road draw Map Of Nigeria / Map Of Nigeria, And Map Of All 36 States And FCT / Does Udom Emmanuel Deserve A Second Term?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.