Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

I Need A New Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need A New Car (4068 Views)

5 Pros And Cons Of Buying A New Car For Now(for you to Be Financially Conscious) / 6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car / Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A New Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:22am On Aug 24, 2018
Mikkylounge:

No sir, it doesn't quite follow..bigger doesn't necessarily mean more fuel consumption

I highly doubt that....

check and revert.....

corolla and Lexus.... 4cyl and 6cyl...... 1.8ltr and 3.3ltr

check again please

1 Like

Re: I Need A New Car by bigassprob: 4:01am On Aug 25, 2018
Gazzuzz pls i need a toyota 2004/2005 corolla. Bank type

any recommendations. very much needed nowww.
my budget is 800k
Re: I Need A New Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:59am On Aug 25, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

I highly doubt that....

check and revert.....

corolla and Lexus.... 4cyl and 6cyl...... 1.8ltr and 3.3ltr

check again please

Ignore those guys. They're trying to sell cars.

OP, better stay on your lane and buy an Accent, Elantra, or Civic.

I spend 30k on fuel every month on my ES330, and I don't even drive that much. I get maybe 7km/L.

1 Like

Re: I Need A New Car by Femsyn(m): 7:00am On Aug 25, 2018
Mikkylounge:

I strongly disagree..Americans may have a better maintenance culture than Nigerians, but have you not noticed that we still spend thousands on (new tires, spark plugs, air filter, air conditioning service,new brake pads, at times, even new shocks, bushings, steering pump, fuel pump,etc) so called 'toks' cars before we really start enjoying them. This happens largely due to the fact that they stop servicing cars once they decide to sell them or the car may have been parked in a lot for a long while. Some of them even sell a car because the cost of changing tires and other serviceable parts may be high for them so they rather sell off the car and buy a/lease another one. If my budget for a car is low, i buy Nigerian used, and upgrade all abused parts with brand new parts, bought from the US thereby restoring the car to better than Toks form, and still save money cheesy. I've tried this and it hasn't failed me yet. Op, consider Nigerian used, pay Gazzuzz to inspect said car, buy and enjoy grin cool

You know I've always shared this sentiment, but people don't seem to understand my point of view.

This same thing came to bare recently. A colleague bought a car of over 1.7m, toks. This is after a thorough review, overview, checking of several cars (toks). You realise most cars are accidented, flooded. Right there at tin can, engines were opened and repaired, parts replaced and repainted. I wonder, what then is the fuzz about toks?

At the end, we found one that seemed OK. Never knew Tokunbo cars have wahala until this journey to Tin can and Berger Suya.

Do you know this colleague still spent over N200k on this car at least to bring it to a level of pristine?

Why not buy a professionally inspected Nigerian used car, and upgrade to taste. At least you will know what is being put inside.

At the end of the day, you realise, Toks is also a USED car! I have seen Nigerians maintain cars appropriately. Would I buy a Nigerian used car from Gazzuzz, for example, and say it won't be better than most Toks cars?

1 Like

Re: I Need A New Car by dru23(m): 7:20am On Aug 25, 2018
Femsyn:

You know I've always shared this sentiment, but people don't seem to understand my point of view.

This same thing came to bare recently. A colleague bought a car of over 1.7m, toks. This is after a thorough review, overview, checking of several cars (toks). You realise most cars are accidented, flooded. Right there at tin can, engines were opened and repaired, parts replaced and repainted. I wonder, what then is the fuzz about toks?

At the end, we found one that seemed OK. Never knew Tokunbo cars have wahala until this journey to Tin can and Berger Suya.

Do you know this colleague still spent over N200k on this car at least to bring it to a level of pristine?

Why not buy a professionally inspected Nigerian used car, and upgrade to taste. At least you will know what is being put inside.

At the end of the day, you realise, Toks is also a USED car! I have seen Nigerians maintain cars appropriately. Would I buy a Nigerian used car from Gazzuzz, for example, and say it won't be better than most Toks cars?

Talking from experience.. Even if the tokunbo is in top shape with low miles and nothing to fix.. Nigerians will not pay top price.. They like cheap things ,and you get what you pay for ..Nigerians that will buy car for 2m and than use cheap oil or use water instead of coolant.. What do you expect from them ,when they can't do basic things that is needed for a car ..
Re: I Need A New Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Femsyn:

sadly this is true.... when going to buy any car that is not Brand New and with any form of warranty......

shine ur eyes wella..... seriously shine ur eyes......
low mileage cars tho with just rear or side dents as tokumbo are very OK
Re: I Need A New Car by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ignore those guys. They're trying to sell cars.

OP, better stay on your lane and buy an Accent, Elantra, or Civic.

I spend 30k on fuel every month on my ES330, and I don't even drive that much. I get maybe 7km/L.

lolz, that's like my monthly budget every month... and I drive a lot..... a whole lot..... average of 80km everyday

06 Camry.... so imagine me switching immediately to an es350 without giving it any thought..... na uber oh...
cc Pipedream
Re: I Need A New Car by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

lolz, that's like my monthly budget every month... and I drive a lot..... a whole lot..... average of 80km everyday

06 Camry.... so imagine me switching immediately to an es350 without giving it any thought..... na uber oh...
cc Pipedream
I mostly drive in-city, and I have a lead foot. angry

Think am twice, lol. It's a big step up to a 3.5L engine.
Re: I Need A New Car by pannyman(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2018
Mikkylounge:

I strongly disagree..Americans may have a better maintenance culture than Nigerians, but have you not noticed that we still spend thousands on (new tires, spark plugs, air filter, air conditioning service,new brake pads, at times, even new shocks, bushings, steering pump, fuel pump,etc) so called 'toks' cars before we really start enjoying them. This happens largely due to the fact that they stop servicing cars once they decide to sell them or the car may have been parked in a lot for a long while. Some of them even sell a car because the cost of changing tires and other serviceable parts may be high for them so they rather sell off the car and buy a/lease another one. If my budget for a car is low, i buy Nigerian used, and upgrade all abused parts with brand new parts, bought from the US thereby restoring the car to better than Toks form, and still save money cheesy. I've tried this and it hasn't failed me yet. Op, consider Nigerian used, pay Gazzuzz to inspect said car, buy and enjoy grin cool

True talk. My friend shipped down my 07 Camry and I needed to replace the following :

1. A wheel bearing
2. Water pump
3. ABS actuator (he graciously sent down a replacement free of charge)
4. Exhaust flex pipe
5. All 4 tyres within 5 months. The tyres were only 3 years old. I don't know how Americans use their tyres. They were worn and very noisy.

No CEL, thankfully, but I have to carefully monitor and top up the notorious 2AZ-FE engine with its oil consumption wahala.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! / How Do I Verify My Vehicle Papers Online? / Mechanic Confusing Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.