|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,885,208 members, 6,931,539 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 June 2022 at 09:02 AM
Photos: We Will Setup A Rice Milling Plant For You With Less Than N5million / How To Setup A Paypal Account That Can Receive & Send Money Into NG Bank Account / My Friend Wants To Start A Hotel Business And Needs Advice (2) (3) (4)
|Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by ThatCEO: 6:35am On Jun 07, 2018|
There is a good Chinese friend of mine based in Beijing. She is looking at businesses she can do in Africa, Nigeria especially. China is a place that when you get to, you have zero knowledge of the language. If there is nobody picking you at the airport; I guarantee you will be 100 percent lost on arrival. This is not a country like France or Germany when you can read some of the road signs even though you can't speak French or German. In China, you can't read nothing. And this has created a potentially viable business opportunity.
My friend speaks perfect English and is considering having a consulting company here in Nigeria. Every state Government in Nigeria all wants multiple chinese investor and are voraciously seeking them. Every Nigerian business deals with China directly or not. It's not a coincidence that the President has sanctioned almost $3B of our reserve to be converted to the Chinese yuan.
Even though most people have Alibaba on their phones and can buy stuffs from China directly, they usually pay 5 or 6 times what it would normally cost in china. Any serious business would want to deal with the Chinese directly.
What would be the nature of her business?
1. Language translation. If some people wants to come check out stuffs in China. She can set up machinery to ensure that they meet the right people as language is a very big barrier. You can't even take a taxi on your own if you don't understand the language. If you know, you know.
2. Sourcing for goods. Any company that lands in china will get lost except if they have someone like her who knows the factories and can negotiate great prices for them. Yes, maybe you can get a translator. But you don't want to get a translator who is working for the company. You are her client, and she will always be on your side.
3. If you are a state or local Government. You want to order tractors, fertilizer, vehicles, set up factory, solar energy or attract investment, she got you too. You can't just take the next flight to China with hope that tractor sellers will meet you at the airport.
4. It could even be a pharmaceutical company sourcing for raw materials. She can take of everything.
5. Furniture businesses, and super market chains are not left out. If you want to be the next innoson and want to set up your vehicle manufacturing plant, she got you. Hospitals that want to equip, big building projects who needs finishing materials on the cheap; she has the connection!
She intends to have a physical office in Nigeria which will serve as a link between Nigerian business and China. If you intend to buy anything, or even want to have idea of prices, you can get great info from her. She won't be charging for enquiries.
If you have decided to travel to China to have first hand look; she can organize people that will give you a tour. Book your hotel n taxi or train tickets. Help you communicate with the locals, and always make sure you get the lowest prices, always.
One more thing, the best of anything can be found in China. The fact that fake products from China are imported into Nigeria doesn't mean they don't make the best. They only give you the quality you ask for. Nigerian businessmen tend to lean towards the lower quality goods which is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes, people can't afford the best quality stuffs. Quality is never an issue here, that's my point.
What she needs?
1. Is this a viable business opportunity.
2. What could be the cost implications?
3. She is also interested in Nigerians who got great contacts with businesses or manufacturing plants regardless of the sector of the economy.
4. She also needs any general advice as regards to doing businesses in Nigeria. Or anything she should be aware of.
Thanks, all opinions are valid.
|Re: Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by madone: 6:54am On Jun 07, 2018|
Reading thru this I think it's a good thing. Nigeria is a good place for business.the economy is stabilizing mores so the people are open hearted people who are not scared of trying new products or services so she is sure of having clients. Labour is readily available and many graduates are jobless very smart and intelligent ones for that matter.she should ensure the product and services she is bringing in are genuine .am in here for any support I can offer.
|Re: Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by solit: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2018|
Please try and go through this Hauledge business proposal. Thanks
|Re: Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by ThatCEO: 6:31pm On Mar 02, 2020|
|Re: Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by NairalandAngel(m): 5:24am On Mar 06, 2020|
I think it's a viable business. has she been to Nigeria before?
The cost inplication is that she needs to have an office a contact point. It does not really have to be something very fanciful for now just somewhere comfortable where she can hold meetings with potential clients.
Does she have contacts with trucking companies in China?
Can you ThatCEO speak Chinese?
|Re: Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by ozoemenaca: 11:07am On Mar 06, 2020|
Her idea is good, but I think she should start with individual registered businesses that deals on China products, usually you have clusters of such business men and women, you have them at Trade Fair, Balogun, various markets at Onitsha and the likes. When you starts gradually by helping some of them that has the capital but their barrier is language and how to go about it and you charge a moderate fee, then she would go places.
|Re: Help Needed! A Chinese Friend Wants To Setup A Consulting Company In Nigeria by ozoemenaca: 11:09am On Mar 06, 2020|
Her idea is good, but I think she should start with individual registered businesses that deals on China products, usually you have clusters of such business men and women, you have them at Trade Fair, Balogun, various markets at Onitsha and the likes. When you starts gradually by helping some of them that has the capital but their barrier is language and how to go about it and you charge a moderate fee, then she would go places. I would be glad to partner with you guys in terms of providing information and logistics. reach me on email@example.com
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110