Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day (38166 Views)

MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo / MKO Abiola: Tinubu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration / MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 07, 2018
The only reasonable piece I have read from FFK's stable.

This is commendable!

Buhari is so right on this latest move!

Only brainwashed youths with jaundiced political views would not like this.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by computer0810(m): 8:55am On Jun 07, 2018
potbelly:
I still can't believe people will fall for this...
is it ur business, are d westerners in any alliance with d easterners?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by solepager(m): 8:56am On Jun 07, 2018
3 public holidays loading
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Blessed2252: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2018
Dem no born FFK not to support this idea otherwise he should forget politics in his lifetime.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Bane2020: 8:57am On Jun 07, 2018
icon007:

Dude are so wrong, though u have right to you opinion but honouring our past leaders who defended this democracy ur enjoying is never out of line. There are some people dat spoke against brutality of past administration, fought for the right of expression u have now, if not, sars would not only be operating on the road! Of course, this is politics well played, its an acceptable moves by millions of people, but whether it will translate to votes come 2019 is wat you don't know. Gej did his best knelling b4 yoruba obas, but we know the result. If u know u know
Save me the gibberish and give one... just ONE positive impact June 12 public holiday will have on life of the average Nigerian on the street?
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by effido666: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2018
U are indeed a frog
gurnam:

Even if they have, dem no born dem to condemn PMB openly on this grin
Cowards
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by SUNPET01: 9:03am On Jun 07, 2018
Nwaohafia1:
Buhari served in the government that incarcerated M.K.O. Abiola. Till today, he says Abacha was a great leader.

How can Buhari turn around now and name June 12 as the new democracy day?

Anybody knows?

Tinubu Statistics; they need the south west again, Their Man of Integrity that wanted only 4yrs, if he could make the Presidential Seat a Royal dear he would, Nigerians are their problem too easy to deceieve.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by omooba969(m): 9:05am On Jun 07, 2018
sunnyside16:
It pacifies the yorubas alot.......long overdue.

maternity leave increased to 4 months pacifies pregnant employees.

However we are waiting for increase in minimum wage.

Inbtw, i remember GEJ trying to recognise starting from renaming Unilag to Maulag, the same yorubas stood with the student union to kick against it.

@bolded,

Your submission has no merits coz UNILAG (as an acronym ) has its own prestige.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by jaxxy(m): 9:07am On Jun 07, 2018
Omololu007:
I'm in full support of buhari in this

Me 2 bt the timing is highly suspicious
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by sayisayi(m): 9:08am On Jun 07, 2018
Wickedness. Yoruba man win election free and fair and now years later, after killing him, they want to eulogise him.

The real medicine after death
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by lordlyncon(m): 9:10am On Jun 07, 2018
I smell politics :PI smell politics
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Almunjid(m): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2018
This is a welcome development. It is a historic moment in our nation, and I join other Nigerians to commend President Buhari on this announcement.
By this move, he has done what previous administrations failed to do.
This not only shows that the president is a man of history and character but also eloquently confirms that the heroes of democracy did not die in vain after all.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Abagworo(m): 9:12am On Jun 07, 2018
FFK has cheated Omokri on this one. Very crafty individual that knows trying to go against this move won't favour him. Omokri ntoor!
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by zinizta: 9:13am On Jun 07, 2018
princemillla:
Hmmmmm serious issues... am i the only seeing nigeria as a movie. Only that i am yet to figure out who the script writer' is..

Buhari surely is looking for huge favour from the S'west!

Thats devil game plan strats grin

i am sorry i dont follow.

who arethe south west ?

residents or indigenes ? indigenes , right...?

guess who will vote at the polls .

answer is indigenes who are residents and non indigenes who are resident

the electorate is the residents and not the indigenes...

there are non indigenes who hold important political posts in Lagos and in the future we might have a siuth easterner or even northerner who has partly south western ancestry as governor or deputy

people should wakeup and stop living in the past.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by redsun(m): 9:14am On Jun 07, 2018
He probably has trump and Kim Jong-un meeting that is proposed for 12th of June in mind for this hypocritical declaration.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Oblang(m): 9:16am On Jun 07, 2018
Lomprico2:

Igbos gat no love for d dullard, he also gat no love for d igbos. Its a mutual feeling and because of that he can never get us fooled but on d other hand he sees the afonjas as fools and he knows how to manipulate their brains. June 12 is just a one day holiday and that's what u guys are mortgaging ur future with. Shame!

Tell me if it is the PDP that love the Igbo..

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:16am On Jun 07, 2018
Nice one Mr president however this won't still stop us from sending you back to daura in 2019

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by ariesbull: 9:17am On Jun 07, 2018
EweduAfonja:
The osu of the idiotic pigs of biafra won't like this Now...

Buhariguy Come Ooo.... come and see the only sentence your D.a.f.t mind can process...

modified
wooow
Another Buhariguy/sarki spotted below...

Abiola, The Yorubas and Their Friend Buhari, the messiah!

Now there is something to talk about for the next 2 weeks.
"He loves the Yorubas so much that he recognizes Abiola as "almost a president".
With June 12 recognition, Naira is now stronger!
With June 12 recognition, SARS and police are now good men who do not harass citizens.
With June 12 recognition, more money is in your banks personal account.
With June 12 recognition, there is now 24 hour electricity, hospitals are now good, roads motorable.
Oh you didn't know that Buhari loved Yorubas so much that he signed the "press statement" himself!
Oh it's a public holiday?
June 12 now a democracy day.
So Buhari now has "tenure elongation" for two weeks?
Clap for HIM!
Now you have something to talk about.
With June 12 "officially recognized", Fulani herdsmen have stopped killing villagers in Zamfara, Taraba and Benue.
Nigeria, is now safer, happier, and developed.
Now you have a distraction for another 14 days.
By the way, there have been people that were supposed to be given posthumous national awards but the Award Act they said does not allow giving national awards to dead people!
The woman that saved Nigerians, Stella Adedevoh from Ebola was not given a national award because she is dead!
Giving national honours to Abiola is illegal and against your constitution unless there is a law the former Chief Justice of the Federation does not know.
But your president in order to hoodwink and deceive Yorubas for their votes in 2019, is now democracy hero!
You have something to talk about for the next week.
Sorry, oh yea Nigerians.
What a people, what a generation!

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by madridguy(m): 9:17am On Jun 07, 2018
Take that to Jonathan your hero.

limeta:
Is well ok
Ken saro wiwa died for nothing

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by ariesbull: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2018
zinizta:

i am sorry i dont follow.

who arethe south west ?

residents or indigenes ? indigenes , right...?

guess who will vote at the polls .

answer is indigenes who are residents and non indigenes who are resident

the electorate is the residents and not the indigenes...

there are non indigenes who hold important political posts in Lagos and in the future we might have a siuth easterner or even northerner who has partly south western ancestry as governor or deputy

people should wakeup and stop living in the past.

"He loves the Yorubas so much that he recognizes Abiola as "almost a president".
With June 12 recognition, SARS and police are now good men who do not harass citizens.
With June 12 recognition, there is now 24 hour electricity, hospitals are now good, roads motorable.
Oh you didn't know that Buhari loved Yorubas so much that he signed the "press statement" himself!
Clap for HIM!
With June 12 "officially recognized", Fulani herdsmen have stopped killing villagers in Zamfara, Taraba and Benue.
By the way, there have been people that were supposed to be given posthumous national awards but the Award Act they said does not allow giving national awards to dead people!
The woman that saved Nigerians, Stella Adedevoh from Ebola was not given a national award because she is dead!
Giving national honours to Abiola is illegal and against your constitution unless there is a law the former Chief Justice of the Federation does not know.
But your president in order to hoodwink and deceive Yorubas for their votes in 2019, is now democracy hero!
Sorry, oh yea Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by babayinka77(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2018
tunjiajayi:
Science student keep your chemicals to your self.

Oops, keep your comments to yourself.

I think he is more than student o...he is the science teacher....lol

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by gurnam: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2018
effido666:
U are indeed a frog

Another ipob wailer
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by DonMekino(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2018
Every post on nairaland front-page is always a recipe for tribal war and insults....its becoming boring abeg....afonja this....ipob that....yet the problems for either divide n Nigeria as a whole remains. Is this how the youths will lead tomorrow

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by potbelly(m): 9:23am On Jun 07, 2018
Smdh
computer0810:
is it ur business, are d westerners in any alliance with d easterners?
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by potbelly(m): 9:24am On Jun 07, 2018
Few see clearly..
And you belong to that few...
icon007:

Bros, if you know you know oo. I hate this administration eh thinking good can come out of it, but now we are! Honouring great leaders of our country, remembering the line 'the Labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain', bros I just weak. A smart political move from Apc.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by potbelly(m): 9:25am On Jun 07, 2018
Must every statement be ethnicised?
Smdh
iamjavadem:
IPOB miscreant spotted!!
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Almunjid(m): 9:28am On Jun 07, 2018
Bane2020:

Save me the gibberish and give one... just ONE positive impact June 12 public holiday will have on life of the average Nigerian on the street?
Nigerians r happy with the latest development. Go n hug transformer! �

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by zinizta: 9:30am On Jun 07, 2018
ariesbull:

Clap for HIM!
Sorry, oh yea Nigerians.

i cannot but concur with you, bro....

the yorubas wont determine the south west vote .., the variius tribes resident here will that is if they choose to vote.

i don't think this is a vote winning move , we are not that dumb.

extra judicial killing by security agencies still abound

insecurity needs to be tackled

poverty in the land

the weak economy that is solely dependent on oil abandoning other lucrative sectors

and the list goes on

but who will rival Buhari ?
who is the better alternative ?

please dont say Atiku we know his antecedents

so do we have a credible candidate?

your guess is as good as mine
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by icon007(m): 9:32am On Jun 07, 2018
Bane2020:

None! Assuredly None!

But can't u see? He has succeeded in playing on many psyche. May 29 doesn't add any value equally but June 12 has a lot of histories from been the fairest and freest election, to the annulment, to the start of struggle for making democracy stay, to the killings of innocent Nigerians and to the ushering in of 'May 29'.

The president just touched the SW (if not most Nigerians) soft spot.
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 07, 2018
South west states shine your eyes
Re: MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day by zinizta: 9:35am On Jun 07, 2018
DonMekino:
Every post on nairaland front-page is always a recipe for tribal war and insults....its becoming boring abeg....afonja this....ipob that....yet the problems for either divide n Nigeria as a whole remains. Is this how the youths will lead tomorrow

you are witnessing a scene in the future national assembly ...

it is a lack of mutual respect and an abject lack of class.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC / Okuama Killing: President Tinubu Issues A Public Statement (pic) / Fayose Speaks On Adeyeye’s Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.