Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 (45741 Views)

Pictures Of Enugu's T-junction Flyover / Trailer-Loaded With Beer Falls Along Oji River Axis Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / Sink Hole Swallows Cars On Bida-minna Expressway Niger State (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Smarkie: 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2018
when the affairs of the country is still in the hand of sane individuals
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by expert234: 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
Rickyzagy:
We igbos are 99 per cent different from the rest of Nigeria.

No be today them start dey envy us

Yet, you keep on lunning to ragos as if demons are chasing you flom your gurry elosion virrages. Self deception in full swing.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by nan1: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2018
So TOTAL has been in existence since then? They have truly stood the test of time
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by kenny714433(m): 9:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Cool landscape though. Even without the properly asphated road and demarcation of the pedestrian, the area looks cool and neat. I bet if a trip is taken now to that same location, it will all be an eyesore. Good old days, plz come again.
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Mcreloaded(m): 10:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
Hmmm 1959 was there colored camera or film then.
Because I know for certain in the late 60s everything about pictures was still black and white even up to early 70s before colored came out that's why you will see pics of most naira landers at birth always in black and white. Op please check the year again
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by docadams: 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Enugu, the coal city, once temporarily turned into a killing field by a known psychopath, Dr Chimaroke Nnamani. May his type never rule Enugu state again.
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
why was I not born at that time what did this military men do to this country for Christ sake?
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
why was I not born at that time what did this military men do to this country for Christ sake?
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Nigga44: 10:55pm On Jun 07, 2018
The last pic is okpara avenue in Enugu. That building is still standing today. But the environment is now a mad area.

Nigeria must be great again cry

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Ttipsy(f): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
why the Bleep was the civil war... Enugu would hv gone far I must say

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Ttipsy(f): 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
why the Bleep was the civil war... Enugu would hv gone far I must say
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by CSTR1003: 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2018
Some Igbos on nairalamd should leave tribalism to their more intelligent brothers.

It takes some measure of intelligence to be tribalistic .

Otherwise you just get a boomerang.
Not everybody is smart enough to skew bigotry and present it as accurate fact .

Which one is "until afonjas came to destroy our land ".
?

The civil war was not led by afonjas . They were sheep fighting alongside other Nigerian sheep led by gowon.

The bulk of the fighting force were from the middle belt.
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by seguno2: 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2018
ajibolaayo3115:
the atmosphere is cool and nice compare to that of now

Do you mean that there was more respect for law and order back then
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by seguno2: 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
PHIPEX:
Things like this show the "good old days" cliche is a lie. The olden days are never better except in the figment of our short memories.

Blowing big grammar for what now?
Was our country less or more lawless back then
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by CTS07(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
so camera wey fit tke clear pics like this don dhy then... nawa ooo
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by ojinuocheibi(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2018
Rickyzagy:

people like you are the problem igbo are facing today.
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2018
EVERYWHERE CLEAN AND SOFT!! NO BEAUTY PLUS OR CAMERA 360
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by skales67(m): 1:01am On Jun 08, 2018
BOOMnaija:

U are a disgrace to ur fellow ipob miscreants.

Small thing, u don dey shout igbo amaka.

Wat is d achievement in this now to warrant such disgruntled hype from u.

Bush fish! grin

That was because in 1959, your townsmen were still swinging on trees cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by skales67(m): 1:10am On Jun 08, 2018
Ttipsy:
why the Bleep was the civil war...
Enugu would hv gone far I must say

Even with the civil war, the most backward LGA in South East compares favorably with Ibadan cool cool

Igbo amaka!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by donqx: 1:13am On Jun 08, 2018
hmm
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Allison012: 1:24am On Jun 08, 2018
Rickyzagy:

....Bro U Talk True
Dem Over Envy Us
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by DSDLIVEREPORT: 2:44am On Jun 08, 2018
iiooxx:

Joblessness at it's peak.

Nothing useful whatsoever to do with your miserable life except to flood Nairaland with tribalistic comments and divide people. Ewu Gambia!
I wonder o.bros
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by bizzybigger: 4:54am On Jun 08, 2018
Good old days indeed
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by kabrudrapist: 5:00am On Jun 08, 2018
Mcreloaded:
Hmmm 1959 was there colored camera or film then.
Because I know for certain in the late 60s everything about pictures was still black and white even up to early 70s before colored came out that's why you will see pics of most naira landers at birth always in black and white. Op please check the year again
Awoleesu:
1959 with these FULL COLOR separation photographs? I have my doubts!
Indomie generation spotted. A simple Google search could clear your doubts.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Basalt(m): 6:54am On Jun 08, 2018
oyetunder:
grin But you people said that afonjas are cowards...how come cowards destroyed the paradise of the braves?

Destroyed with their dirtiness I guess.

"If you see a Yoruba man shouting for war, go back to your sleep"
----IBB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by chiochio1(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2018
That then small boy on picture no 4 will be nothing less than 70 years old now if he is still alive....How time flies and things changes.

AutoJoshNIG:
Let’s take a trip down memory lane .

These are photographs taken by Dr. Simon Ottenberg while on a research in Enugu state, Nigeria in the year 1959.

These pictures contain some scenes from the street of Enugu.

In the pictures, we also see some cars on the street.

Back in those days, these cars, as seen on the streets, were the then "latest" cars. Today, they are classified as vintage cars.

So, can you identify any of the cars on the street by their brand names?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/streets-of-enugu-state-and-cars-around-in-1959/

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by chiochio1(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2018
That then small boy on picture no 4 riding on that bicycle will be nothing less than 70 years old now if he is still alive....How time flies and things changes.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Awoleesu(m): 7:40am On Jun 08, 2018
kabrudrapist:
Indomie generation spotted. A simple Google search could clear your doubts.
how old are you kid? Your monicker and un-intelligent comment do suggest to me what generation you belong, Google kid!
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by Revolva(m): 7:52am On Jun 08, 2018
nice one wow Enugu hot vintage building wow
Re: Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 by chibokgirls(m): 8:22am On Jun 08, 2018
Antipob777:
Why is this rubbish Igbo news on FP self. Is this suppose to be a news.

The 5% is indeed REAL.
I believe your parents are proud of you. Even if you don't respect yourself why not consider your mum before you talk. Just an advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport / Woman Dies On Hearing That Her Son Died In Auto Crash On His Way Home After NYSC / Abacha Road: Port Harcourt Downtown- Exclusive Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.