Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport (45737 Views)

Growth In Passengers’ Traffic Excites Akure Airport Manager / Cows On Akure Airport Runway: FAAN Apologises / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Traveling in Nigeria can be a hassle at times and picking the best Airline or even knowing the best airline service to use for your trip can be a difficult task.

But not in a case of unpopular route like the Lagos to Akure return trips where you have just three Airlines flying the route, then you have no option than to consider your options well and just opt for any of them.

Here is a video I made on my YouTube channel about my flight experience and a review of the Akure Airport...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5aF9KWRK-Y

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
Recently, I had to travel from Abuja to Akure and on the first thought I had plans to go with Airpeace as they are obviously the biggest carrier in Nigeria for local flights and have been around for long and since they also go to Akure they were my first option.

I checked up for the ticket for Airpeace and it was sold out so I had two options left, Overland Airways and the new Airline in Nigeria which is Green Africa Airways.

I wanted by all means to avoid Nigeria new airlines and thought to go for the Overland but then the curious nature in me could not bring myself to book the ticket so I checked the Green Africa Airways and finally made my bookings with them and that's how my first experience with them came to be.

Basically, I will be giving an overview review of the airline from my own perspective and experience using them and also how the Airport in Akure looks like.

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2022
The Green Africa Airways is a new Airline in Nigeria established in 2015 but started operation 12th August, 2021 with their first flight touching down at the Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport Abuja.

I got my boarding pass from the check in counter at the airport, went over to the boarding gate, got through the security and Airport protocols and waited to get on the aircraft. Boarding was called over the speaker and I went over to the airplane, got in, and settled down.

Take off was actually smooth for me and the air hostess were very courteous and attended to their duties accordingly. In-flight, water was served and the journey went on smoothly but there was no off-flight snacks served which I was actually looking forward to angry

Upon landing, I braced up my mind for the usual dump kind of landing most Nigerian Airlines do but that was not the case here as landing at the Akure airport was quite a good one and smooth to a good extent.

One more thing I would like to add is when booking with Green Africa Airways always understand the terms and conditions associated with your ticket and restriction placed upon such ticket. Like for the gsaver which is the cheapest ticket type, you can’t carry more than a 7kg hand luggage and anything more than that you will be charged for extra luggage. While the other ticket options allow you carry as much as it’s allowed on the ticket terms and condition. So, don’t get carried away by the cheaper ticket price you see when you search compared to other Airlines. kindly read through the details before checking out to confirm your bookings.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
Getting to the Airport in Akure I was not ready for what I saw. The airport reception for passengers to pass through and the overall look at the receiving gate was way too below par for a standard operating Airport. There is just this small building staring at you and everything around it just looks so small, scanty and odd.

I got down from the Airplane and took some pictures and a video of the surroundings and vital parts of the place I noticed i.e. the car park, the departure and arrival gate and the airport control tower.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
On leaving the airport I noticed some buildings and constructions going on at a site not too far from the Airport gate. I then asked the cab driver what was going on there and he told me that is the new and proposed site for the airport and where we were coming from was just for the time being. That gave me a sense of relief that at least a good thing is going on around here even though the place looks so awkward at the moment.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 4:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
Have you had any flight experience with Green Africa Airways before or plan to soon?

Or have you been to the Akure Airport before? What was your experience like ? kindly share. Thank you!!

You can also read up this post in my blog @
https://www.travelwithdemmy.com/2022/07/flying-green-africa-airways-for-first.html

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Wisdom2003: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2022
Bbsharon:
Recently I had to travel from Abuja to Akure in and on the first thought I had plans to go with Airpeace as they are obviously the biggest carrier in Nigeria for local flights and have been around for long and since they also go to Akure they were my first option.

I checked up for the ticket for Airpeace and it was not sold out so I had two options left, Overland Airways and the new Airline in Nigeria which is Green Africa Airways.

I wanted by all means to avoid Nigeria new airlines and thought to go for the Overland but then the curious nature in me could not bring myself to book the ticket so I checked the Green Africa Airways and finally made my bookings with them and that's how my first experience with them came to be.

Basically I will be giving an overview review of the airline from my own perspective and experience using them and also how the Airport in Akure looks like.

Great review dear.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by VeryWickedMan: 4:26pm On Jul 03, 2022
Lol
See low budget plane with the fans exposed like a Rambo-era helicopter.

Cheap flight, cheap death

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by JohnQueen(m): 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
This comment cheesy

VeryWickedMan:
Lol

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by JohnQueen(m): 6:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Great review. At least one will have an idea when considering Green Africa as an option

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by davide470(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
Bbsharon, Hi smiley

How much was the ticket? How long was the flight?

I learnt Green Africa flies at a low altitude and it will take longer time to get to your destination when compared to other airlines.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Bbsharon(f): 9:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Wisdom2003:

Good review dear.

Thank you!!
VeryWickedMan:
Lol

JohnQueen:
Great review. At least one will have an idea when considering Green Africa as an option

Yea, thanks!
davide470:
Bbsharon, Hi smiley

How much was the ticket? How long was the flight?

I learnt Green Africa flies at a low altitude and it will take longer time to get to your destination when compared to other airlines.
Hello, ticket was for 45,500 one way for gsaver but it’s much cheaper than that if you book earlier. Flight was for 45 minutes and about longer time I don’t think so because flying with Airpeace to same destination is about same time also.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Kirkman: 11:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Mods will not see better topic like this to move to the front page o! angry but if it's to push Nkechi Blessing 's ass to front page, they are ever active.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by IFEBARBIE: 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
I'm also considering flying green Africa to Phc from Los, I'm an airpeace fan but was told this is cheaper but slower. Reviews are negative, especially inconsistent boarding times. Yeyegbami, do you have any contact in pH?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by YeyeGbami: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2022
IFEBARBIE:
I'm also considering flying green Africa to Phc from Los, I'm an airpeace fan but was told this is cheaper but slower. Reviews are negative, especially inconsistent boarding times. Yeyegbami, do you have any contact in pH?

No not anymore, the bros don japa. How you doing?

3 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by IFEBARBIE: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
YeyeGbami:

No not anymore, the bros don japa. How you doing?
I'm fine bro... How's the hustle? Trust you're japaing soon too. Bendel insurance baz001 how Yankee?

4 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by YeyeGbami: 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2022
IFEBARBIE:

I'm fine bro... How's the hustle? Trust you're japaing soon too. Bendel insurance baz001 how Yankee?

The whole japa thing tire me o, there is no money on ground. The thing wan dey gimme emotional stress grin

Everything dey God hand sha.

11 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by harmargedon: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
cool
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by FalseProphet1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
I see the price of aviation fuel reaching 3,000 per liter, I see travellers resorting to camels and donkeys, as they can no longer afford the fee, I see accidents reducing drastically I see Nigerians living longer.

This I have seen.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Kennitrust(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
When somebody who deserve a certain position show up, everyone will know it and they will support him by all means to fix him in that position.
For example; when Obama show up to be American president, no one remember racial belongings, no one talk about black or white. The whole country was unite for a perfect reason because, when you are favored, no one can stop you.

In Nigeria, we have someone we believed is perfect for the leaderships of this great country... Even when he didn't give Shishi
We are OK with him.

Only the enemies of Nigeria will works against such a young man full of energy and integrity, from leading this country.

Surely before the campaign will begin, the news of a new Nigeria will be accepted everywhere.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by TinubuAdvocate1: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
So nice!
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Passionate888: 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
angry
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Tonypen247(m): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
Good review.

Kindly check my signature below
Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
Let's leave the green Africa first... is that the main Airport?

5 Likes

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by TeeGentle(m): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
WOW
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by englishmart(m): 5:12pm On Jul 04, 2022
Reviews are mostly scripted or staged

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Green Africa Airways For The First Time And A Review Of Akure Airport by Reference(m): 5:13pm On Jul 04, 2022
Cannot even trim the damn bushes.... angry
Why are we so different in this corner of the continent.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Cars On The Street Of Enugu In 1959 / Woman Dies On Hearing That Her Son Died In Auto Crash On His Way Home After NYSC / My New Lagos - Ibadan Train Trip To Abeokuta (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.