Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? (27848 Views)

Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm / Using ATM: 3 Lessons I Learned At The ATM Spot This Morning / Two Men Pose With The Money They Are About To Cash Out At The ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by abefeb1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
[quote author=DrObum post=68274175]Go and make a report in the Stanbic bank.

ATM should have CCTV to help prove your point. [/quote

All ATM machine do have camera, I never knew until the day the machine dispensed breeze only for me to get debit alert of 80k. Money for my sch fee, I nearly wept, but they later refund it after 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by penzino(m): 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:
On the 5th of June, 2018. I went to fix my phone in computer village. To pay for the phone parts, I went to the nearest ATM, at Stanbic IBTC Bank in Computer Village.

There were two ATMs, one outside facing the gate and the other by the side of the bank. While queuing on the one facing outside, a guy came to my front. I was about to tell him to join the queue but he told me that he wants N1000 notes and the ATM by the side is paying in N500 notes, that I should try there and it was free. The security man there also told me to try there.

As I was in a haste, I went to the ATM machine by the side, I tried to withdraw N10,000. The machine started taking like 5 minutes to dispense. After a while, it told me "My transaction has been completed". My card was discharged. As I was complaining, the security man told me not to worry, it would be reversed.

I had to borrow money from a friend to pay for the services. Once I got home I made a complaint via GTBank Internet Banking. The next day, I went to a GTBank nearby to make a compliant too. As at this evening, I got a response on my mail

I am now questioning, what the hell happened. The ploy for me to use that ATM seemed 90% like a setup. The ATM machine told me "Transaction completed" but did not pay my money. The security man immediately gave me hope in reversal. Now while trying to get a refund, I am being told that I was actually paid.

I am going to go on pushing GTBank so I can retrieve my money. But in the meanwhile, can someone with a similar experience or some knowledge tell me what is going on. Right here, I am feeling bloody scammed.

IN THE MEANWHILE, DO NOT USE THE STANBI IBTC ATM IN COMPUTER VILLAGE.
Request in writing to view the footage of the transaction and copy CPC and CBN. In 24hrs the truth will be out.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
oshe11:

OP pursue it and get back to US abi them wanna add your 10k to take pay INNOSSON?

grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Ademoore07(m): 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
It happened to me in the year 2006 and also this year at lautech Skye ATM 2. Though I wish to withdraw 2k then with my Skye card. It took the bank more than a month for them to update my account with the debited amount.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Fogman(m): 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2018
nkeona:
There is this video on youtube on how atm can be used to take your money without paying you, its a trick

Please kindly share, so we ll not fall victim of this trick. Thanks
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Josh44s(m): 8:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
This is Nigeria, non living things are criminal also

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by kingchris30(m): 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2018
I don't think it is a scam it has happened to me, I used wema bank ATM, in my own case I tried withdrawing 5k, It didn't dispense but I was debited. it was reversed imediatedly. then I tried the second one same thing but this time it wasnt reversed. I contacted my back immediately, I called the customer care, they told me they will contact the other bank. Anyway I got my money back after 2 weeks. I think you should disturb the bank. your money can't disappear into thin air. The 2 banks should fix the problem, but you need to pressurize them
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by bixton(m): 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2018
maxiuc:
Same issue here with Skye bank i transferred 25k to a uba bank account the AtM machines said issuer error I was debited of 25k I called my brother to check if he has gotten alert he said no so I sent to his Bank to verify if he's having a pending transaction but nothing

Now I went to Skye bank to complain the said I should wait that after 24hrs it will reverse back now 24hours gone no alerts the customer care Lady gave me a form to fill which I did now asking her how long it will take to reverse my money she said 1or 2weeks please everyone how that possible I need urgent answer because tomorrow am going there

Your case is quite simple to resolve. Just go to your bank and tell them you need a transaction receipt for that particular transaction and it should be stamped.
The print out receipt will bear a transaction reference code . That reference code is the only code you can use to actually prove the transfer went true.
You can as well take it to the recipient bank as proof and they will use it to also tell you if its authentic.

With that code you have a strong case if that money is not in the recipients account.

2 Likes

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Adadioranma79(f): 9:06pm On Jun 07, 2018
Happens, sometimes you get reversal almost immediately, sometimes it takes 24hrs but max it takes is a week, that's seven working days minus weekend. As long as ur card didn't get stuck and you got debited still, its a network issue. Relax pls, its frustrating but stay positive.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by mcgaius: 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
If the Gt vank keep playing hard ball like they did with innoson motors,write a letter of complaint to Mr Abdullahi habdullahi@cenbank.org and follow it up with phone calls.Thank me later.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by 234GT(m): 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2018
Ask your bank to request for a journal proof that the transaction was successful. Stanbic will refund you sharperly.
However, as much as possible, people should avoid using their cards on other banks' terminals to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by greatbuc(m): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2018
There is a new scam in town. Always pull the plastic cover of the ATM machine you are about to use. A cloned one can cover the real one but with a closed money lid. So your money comes out and you will not see it. The next is always press the cancel button before inserting your card so as to abort any cardless transactions initiated by fraudsters before unsuspecting ATM users. Make sure you pull on the card slot if its protruding cus card readers can scan ur details while u think you are just slotting your card in a new ATM

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by phatephul(m): 9:10pm On Jun 07, 2018
What you can do is very simple. Do an email to both banks and copy CBN and add any evidence you have. Sit back and watch them resolve you issue sharp sharp. You see, CBN has mandated these banks to resolve these kinds of issues in customer's favor within 3 working days. If they don't, they face severe penalties. Good luck!!
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by walmuy(m): 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2018
Tell gtbank to request the CCTV footage of the withdrawal. It will show them if you actually collect the money.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
Almost all Nigeria vans get wahala. I once used Access Atm to do cash deposit. The machine swallowed the money and later said my transaction was unsuccessful. He should have return my cash back but nah it didn’t return it.. I went to access bank to complain. After like three weeks they didn’t refund the money I just forget am.. though the money is not that luck that’s why I leave am for them. 4K
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Lomprico2: 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:
On the 5th of June, 2018. I went to fix my phone in computer village. To pay for the phone parts, I went to the nearest ATM, at Stanbic IBTC Bank in Computer Village.

There were two ATMs, one outside facing the gate and the other by the side of the bank. While queuing on the one facing outside, a guy came to my front. I was about to tell him to join the queue but he told me that he wants N1000 notes and the ATM by the side is paying in N500 notes, that I should try there and it was free. The security man there also told me to try there.

As I was in a haste, I went to the ATM machine by the side, I tried to withdraw N10,000. The machine started taking like 5 minutes to dispense. After a while, it told me "My transaction has been completed". My card was discharged. As I was complaining, the security man told me not to worry, it would be reversed.

I had to borrow money from a friend to pay for the services. Once I got home I made a complaint via GTBank Internet Banking. The next day, I went to a GTBank nearby to make a compliant too. As at this evening, I got a response on my mail

I am now questioning, what the hell happened. The ploy for me to use that ATM seemed 90% like a setup. The ATM machine told me "Transaction completed" but did not pay my money. The security man immediately gave me hope in reversal. Now while trying to get a refund, I am being told that I was actually paid.

I am going to go on pushing GTBank so I can retrieve my money. But in the meanwhile, can someone with a similar experience or some knowledge tell me what is going on. Right here, I am feeling bloody scammed.

The security man don knack u akpako!! grin

The hustle is real
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Madu100t(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
[Dear press on for i had similar issue twice, one was reversed but d other didnt, i went to my bank, i got same reply but i insist that they must querry d bank and refund me or i ll contact cbn, so my bank finally gave me 6 days that things ll be fix, five days latter, my money was returned quote author=Blazing99 post=68269653]On the 5th of June, 2018. I went to fix my phone in computer village. To pay for the phone parts, I went to the nearest ATM, at Stanbic IBTC Bank in Computer Village.

IN THE MEANWHILE, DO NOT USE THE STANBI IBTC ATM IN COMPUTER VILLAGE.[/quote]
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by toolate2fail(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2018
Your money is intact just dat GT need to take d investigation to d next phase d machine countered correct, send a code dat cash was given to u but it never dispensed. Go bank to GT back to request for CCTV footage this will make d bank who owns d ATM drril down and ur cash will be recovered from overage.and credited into ur act Sorry for d incovinece dis may take some working days to reconcile.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by DONADAMS(m): 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2018
so you mean you haven't see that ATM trick in which the it was cellutaped...buh layer the thief removes the cellutape and the money falls out...I didn't believe it though..buh hearing your case..it might be true
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
This thing has happened to me before oo about 3 years ago at GTB atm with GTB card. Atm says transaction completed yet nothing was dispensed. Although I got my money reversed back within 24 hours after complaining.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by onimcee1(m): 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:

it once happened to me in Akure. #10,000 twice. I took a bike and rushed to my Bank, First Bank at Alagbaka. I had not finished complaining when the 20k was reversed.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nicegal1993(f): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:

they want to use your money and pay innoson
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by naturefellow(m): 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2018
SleakBuzzPR:
The email should have been:

Thanks for your immense contribution towards the 12billion Naira we intend to credit Innoson with.

Warm regards MOFO...
you no go kee person!!! grin
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:
OP, you may need to wait for more days to get your money reversed. You will surely get it back if you are sure the cash was not dispensed later at the ATM stand. I use GTB too.
I made an unsuccessful cash transfer on Sunday, I was debited. It was just reversed today.
Besides, most people now accept cash transfer at Comp Villa. I make my payment there through cash xfer......5K & above

Una get mind o,,,,I can't near ATM machines there. Guys aren't smiling there at allgrin. I go with my cash in pocket or make xfer.

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by bezimo(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2018
oshe11:

Please move this to FP, this is kinda informative so people can wait till the next day if possible for their money to fall from the machine, when faced with similar issue.....

We can also learn from others

OP pursue it and get back to US abi them wanna add your 10k to take pay INNOSSON?

Lol
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by bendike: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:

This is a minor issue. Request for atm footage of the transaction from your bank. They will request same from stanbic. It should show you did not get paid.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by thatigboman: 9:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Op, go to your bank and complain. It is not everything you guys take to nairaland

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Blazing99: 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2018
samkleen:
That same useless atm has done same to me... Had to visit skye bank to initiate reversal immediately..@op GTB must refund your money

Thanks will work on it
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Eagba(m): 10:18pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaChibuzor100:
Blazing99 they don turn your life like amala. Those guys scammed you big time. What they did is that they blocked the dispenser. Once you inserted your debit card to make that transaction the deed was already done. Normally once you make a withdrawal and click proceed, the transaction is almost as good as completed. It only reads "completed" when the dispenser moves up and ejects the cash but since the cash couldn't eject, you got delayed for the 5 min you claim. That money got stuck in the machine and what theyll do is remove the money from the atm going thorough the small building at the back where they are free from CCTV. Its hard to explain but I hope you get what I'm trying to pass to you. Take heart.
best logical response so far

1 Like

Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Blazing99: 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2018
NwaChibuzor100:
Blazing99 they don turn your life like amala. Those guys scammed you big time. What they did is that they blocked the dispenser. Once you inserted your debit card to make that transaction the deed was already done. Normally once you make a withdrawal and click proceed, the transaction is almost as good as completed. It only reads "completed" when the dispenser moves up and ejects the cash but since the cash couldn't eject, you got delayed for the 5 min you claim. That money got stuck in the machine and what theyll do is remove the money from the atm going thorough the small building at the back where they are free from CCTV. Its hard to explain but I hope you get what I'm trying to pass to you. Take heart.

Its disheartening something like this can happen. I need to do something about this. Maybe lay a complaint at that bank.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by Olamega78(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2018
The ATM might be a little bit slow in dispensing cash while those dudes capitalized on it and carry out their heinous activities. Perhaps you left by the time your cash was dispensed. That's most likely the scenario.
Re: Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? by ridbell01(m): 10:26pm On Jun 07, 2018
Blazing99:

Thanks. The ATM machine used was Stanbic IBTC @ Computer Village, Ikeja

I suspect both the security man and the guy that came in front of me suddenly. Funny enough, after I left the ATM at the side and being delayed for like 10 minutes, the guy was gummed to the other ATM. Perhaps to divert people to use the fraudulent one. My question is like, how is it even possible an ATM approves a transaction but you dont get paid?

Lalasticlala Please

send mail to CPC and if you are sure with the your allegation i swear you will get your money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Now Charges In Naira. Awesome! / Watch Out For Scammers At Shoprite (ikeja) / 4 Online Businesses With Low Startup Capital That Will Make You Rich In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.