Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful (33523 Views)

I Need Goal Getters/motivators As Friends. / Unsuccessful Deactivation Attempts / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:52am On Jun 08, 2018
Sheq:
i made such freinds as a corper this year....this people were leeches who wanted to suck me dry...a fellow girl fa, if i was a guy na we fit say na cause i wan sleep with them.....the first they visited me was the last time i ever made them come.....hungr and greedy people...they even collected transport fare, after making them understand it was my cash for the weeek to the office....i cooked for them ooo , two courses! ....funny i visited then a week before that day and they said i must buy them something ooo which i did but they didnt offer me water.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed ....awon assholes.....

Now they seee me on the road and ask if i have forgotten them....they will now be like let us follow u home na...God forbid! Am not going to my house...e go be!

One even said since i claim i havent forgotten her ...i should take her out na..... undecided undecided undecided undecided ....amugbo.....am just a female corper like you

Sorry dear.... May be you were busy acting Omotala with hushpupi for them....and they felt they have seen a soft spot .

1 Like

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by 400billionman: 10:53am On Jun 08, 2018
majorbravo:
3. ABSENTEE BENEFICIARY a.k.a Ghost-worker
Never keep friends who just claim to be friends for friendship sake, if they aren't contributing to your life, they are not your friends, contributions range from ideas, positive advice, showing up when you invite them etc.

If they are always full of excuses not to turn up for you, never call you, but only pop in once in a blue moon to ask you a favour when they need something, eliminate them from your life.

They are the kind that would disappear for 5 years not a single call, ignore your dms on social media, only to remember you when you make it big, or when they are about to get married and they need someone to be their best man, maid of honour, or when they want to launch a book and need someone to sponsor for their event.

When you spot this kind, only conduct dealings with them as you would with a business client, they are not truly your friends.
I know one girl in this group SHE remembers her so called boyfriend when she needs school fees not knowing the boy don upgrade since
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by fantastic1: 10:56am On Jun 08, 2018
Aniwhyte:

You must be very bitter, with a wicked soul.... Spits
So they should come and finish her N19, 800 allawee plus whatever extra she has just to prove to you that she isn't bitter abi? People that couldn't even offer her water. I had friends like that before. Trust me, I'm better off without them.

4 Likes

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Aniwhyte(m): 11:02am On Jun 08, 2018
fantastic1:

So they should come and finish her N19, 800 allawee plus whatever extra she has just to prove to you that she isn't bitter abi? People that couldn't even offer her water. I had friends like that before. Trust me, I'm better off without them.

I'm really not complaining about her greedy friends ripping her of the little she got, i saw already from the way she sounds that she is a very bitter, wicked, heartless and a very lonely person, go through her post that i quoted and u will agree with me 100%, she sounds so bitter nd definitely she must be a wicked nd heartless somebody, trust me on this
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by dominique(f): 11:09am On Jun 08, 2018
Aniwhyte:

I'm really not complaining about her greedy friends ripping her of the little she got, i saw already from the way she sounds that she is a very bitter, wicked, heartless and a very lonely person, go through her post that i quoted and u will agree with me 100%, she sounds so bitter nd definitely she must be a wicked nd heartless somebody, trust me on this

Highlight the parts where she sounded bitter and heartless. There's nothing bitter about what she wrote, it's totally relatable.

6 Likes

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by ufuosman(m): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Op one cold gulder for you
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by tragergeorge(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2018
Sheq:
i made such freinds as a corper this year....this people were leeches who wanted to suck me dry...a fellow girl fa, if i was a guy na we fit say na cause i wan sleep with them.....the first they visited me was the last time i ever made them come.....hungr and greedy people...they even collected transport fare, after making them understand it was my cash for the weeek to the office....i cooked for them ooo , two courses! ....funny i visited then a week before that day and they said i must buy them something ooo which i did but they didnt offer me water.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed ....awon assholes.....

Now they seee me on the road and ask if i have forgotten them....they will now be like let us follow u home na...God forbid! Am not going to my house...e go be!

One even said since i claim i havent forgotten her ...i should take her out na..... undecided undecided undecided undecided ....amugbo.....am just a female corper like you
I enjoy that,makes me feel much like a king,as long as I can ,I go just allow dem de enjoy,the really might need it,and if not,make dem just de fool their self defend go, God I beg bless me more
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Jasperro(m): 11:27am On Jun 08, 2018
Beware of WOLVES in SHEEP Clothing
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by sweetrace(f): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2018
Aniwhyte:

I have helped her to clean up the spit so it doesn't contaminate her. You sound like one of the people one must avoid at all cost. The op forgot to mention your kind. Super negative vitriolic people.

8 Likes

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Offpoint: 11:35am On Jun 08, 2018
mimimile93:

This thing is fake..
I have a lot of friends who smoke, play gambles yet am not doing any of it.. Friends do not determine your future.. It's a personal decision to succeed or fail in life...

You're the only one making sense on this thread, my friends are not to determine what becomes of me, but my decisions and choices I made determines.

I grew up in a ghetto, a very dangerous and notorious place anymore could grow up, but if I don't tell people I'm from that street or environment they wouldn't believe. even those I told still doubt, cuz of my kind of person.

our decisions and choices determine what becomes of us, not friends we Associate with

4 Likes

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Geesaintagape: 11:36am On Jun 08, 2018
Nice receive kudo dear
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 08, 2018
majorbravo:
5. GREEDY LEACH
My favourite on this list, these kind of friends constantly put weights on you and if you aren't careful would hang all their responsibilities on you for the rest of your life. Now it's important i explain this in more detail.

There are people who have run into some problems and genuinely need your help, I am not referring to those people.

I'm talking about those greedy lot who constantly feel they are entitled to everything you have. They won't work, even when you try to find them something to do, they would always come back for more, they are always begging.

They are the kind that would have 100 million and still beg you that have only 20k for money. They are never satisfied.

The danger with these kind of people is that they wont hesitate to sell you out if it would benefit them.

Lalasticlala

I once had a parasite for a friend, typical lagosian, always begging but with arrogance and pride. This individual once rang me from Nigeria to ask when my salary would be paid, long story short, we are no longer friends.
His first name is Omololu and he's a Fvcking Parasite.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Aniwhyte(m): 11:47am On Jun 08, 2018
sweetrace:

I have helped her to clean up the spit so it doesn't contaminate her. You sound like one of the people one must avoid at all cost. The op forgot to mention your kind. Super negative vitriolic people.

You better mind your business because i wasn't referring to you, seems u are not mentally stable? Or am i missing something here... Nonsense
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by toye440: 11:50am On Jun 08, 2018
Aniwhyte:

R u one of them? y r u so guilty.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by mimimile93: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2018
Offpoint:

You're the only one making sense on this thread, my friends are not to determine what becomes of me, but my decisions and choices I made determines.

I grew up in a ghetto, a very dangerous and notorious place anymore could grow up, but if I don't tell people I'm from that street or environment they wouldn't believe. even those I told still doubt, cuz of my kind of person.

our decisions and choices determine what becomes of us, not friends we Associate with

I went to boys boarding school during my secondary school days and 80% of my classmates were gay.. But I didn't become one. Everything in life is based on personal decision..

Who ever said *SHOW ME YOUR FRIENDS AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE* was high on some marijuana
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by sweetrace(f): 11:53am On Jun 08, 2018
Aniwhyte:

You better mind your business because i wasn't referring to you, seems u are not mentally stable? Or am i missing something here... Nonsense

You are missing something. This is a forum where views are aired. You aired yours on hers and I did on yours. Go figure. And I am done with your mentions.

1 Like

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by toye440: 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
@ sweetrace y cant i qoute u? anyway loved d way u placed that street urchin.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Offpoint: 12:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
mimimile93:

I went to boys boarding school during my secondary school days and 80% of my classmates were gay.. But I didn't become one. Everything in life is based on personal decision..

Who ever said *SHOW ME YOUR FRIENDS AND I WILL TELL YOU WHO YOU ARE* was high on some marijuana
grin I swear he was high on oshogbo weed mixed with Jamaica marijuana

1 Like

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by majorbravo: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
@ Mimimile93 @ Offpoint
If you read the post closely you would see it doesn't mention people who try to influence you to become like them, that is a different category of friendship and their influence would be subject to your approval.

The people mentioned here are those who naturally work against your success. Whatever vices a friend has doesn't influence their intent towards you, you can't 100% control the kind of people you attend school with or that live in your area, but as you get older in life you have to be more careful the kind of people you bring into your inner circle. There are smokers who work in Microsoft, the prime minister of Ireland is gay, however it is the character of the friend towards you that matters and that this post tries to address.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by mimimile93: 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
majorbravo:
@ Mimimile93 @ Offpoint
If you read the post closely you would see it doesn't mention people who try to influence you to become like them, that is a different category of friendship and their influence would be subject to your approval.

The people mentioned here are those who naturally work against your success. Whatever vices a friend has doesn't influence their intent towards you, you can't 100% control the kind of people you attend school with or that live in your area, but as you get older in life you have to be more careful the kind of people you bring into your inner circle. There are smokers who work in Microsoft, the prime minister of Ireland is gay, however it is the character of the friend towards you that matters and that this post tries to address.

My post wasn't referring to the op's. It was targetd at that guy's comment that says.. Our Friends determined our future.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Born2winmorpusi: 1:31pm On Jun 08, 2018
tragergeorge:
I enjoy that,makes me feel much like a king,as long as I can ,I go just allow dem de enjoy,the really might need it,and if not,make dem just de fool their self defend go, God I beg bless me more

Same here bro..

I de like to flex them.. Make them drink to stupor..
Drink and eat their heart outs..

At the end of the day God still blesses me.. More
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by majorbravo: 1:34pm On Jun 08, 2018
mimimile93:

My post wasn't referring to the op's. It was targetd at that guy's comment that says.. Our Friends determined our future.
Okay, but yes I think it does determine your future to some point, it doesn't matter what they choose to be but if the friends are like the ones in the post, they still affect your future.

Having a criminal as a friend may seem like nothing, you might even casually hang out with them and buy them drinks at a local bar. They aren't trying to convince you to become a criminal and that's alright. But it makes a lethal combination if they happen to be one of these types too, For instance if they are type number 5 and they ask you for money but you refuse, don't be shocked when you get robbed by unknown fellows. Same friends, if they are type number 2 could name you as part of the syndicate in a failed bank robbery attempt they masterminded without you, even though you never held a gun in your life.

So point is, they could be a problem to your future if you keep the wrong kind. Perhaps that's what he was referring to.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
IT IS WELL SHA!
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by mimimile93: 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
majorbravo:

Okay, but yes I think it does determine your future to some point, it doesn't matter what they choose to be but if the friends are like the ones in the post, they still affect your future.

Having a criminal as a friend may seem like nothing, you might even casually hang out with them and buy them drinks at a local bar. That's alright. But it makes a lethal combination if they happen to be type number 5 too, and they ask you for money but you refuse, don't be shocked when you get robbed by unknown fellows. Same friends, if they are type number 2 could name you as part of the syndicate in a failed bank robbery attempt they masterminded without you, even though you never held a gun in your life.

So point is, they could be a problem to your future if you keep the wrong kind. Perhaps that's what he was referring to.

Oga! If friends have determined your future that's urs. Friends have not and can not determine my future. I am the captain of my ship. I chose when to and where to sail..

Man's best friend and archenemy is self.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by tragergeorge(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
Born2winmorpusi:

Same here bro..

I de like to flex them.. Make them drink to stupor..
Drink and eat their heart outs..

At the end of the day God still blesses me.. More

your head de der
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by majorbravo: 1:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
mimimile93:

Oga! If friends have determined your future that's urs. Friends have not and can not determine my future. I am the captain of my ship. I chose when to and where to sail..

Man's best friend and archenemy is self.
Good for you then.

1 Like

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Offisteven: 2:12pm On Jun 08, 2018
4:malicious gossip.oh my gush!,this is the gospel truth. They are everywhere, in workplaces you find them, they are quick to raise false alarms about people, they are crafty in nature and make people to believe the lies they tell against you. They use their tongue to cause commotion and try to make you loose respect,they disturb your leisure time with gossips about people who haven't wrong ypu, They portray a lot of negative attitude, you can't name it all.
To me,this sets of people use their tongue to kill faster than a bullet.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Finstar: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2018
Offpoint:

This is where individual difference comes to play. We all are different wired and as thus, same model can't work on all of us. Some set of people are easily influenced, while some aren't.

Another food for thought, always make friends who are better than you, richer and more intelligent.. Those who have visions in life. No matter how self sufficient you claim to be, there will come a time in your life when you'll need a hand to hold, a hand that helps you back up.

That's the reason the network of a rich man is filled with rich people... Whenever they fall, there will be someone, ready to bring him back up..

SHALOM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Offpoint: 2:57pm On Jun 08, 2018
majorbravo:
@ Mimimile93 @ Offpoint

My comment wasn't directed to the post itself, but to particular commenter who quoted the famous "Show your friend and I'll tell you who are" quote.
Re: Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful by Offpoint: 2:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
Finstar:

This is where individual difference comes to play. We all are different wired and as thus, same model can't work on all of us. Some set of people are easily influenced, while some aren't.

Another food for thought, always make friends who are better than you, richer and more intelligent.. Those who have visions in life. No matter how self sufficient you claim to be, there will come a time in your life when you'll need a hand to hold, a hand that helps you back up.

That's the reason the network of a rich man is filled with rich people... Whenever they fall, there will be someone, ready to bring him back up..

SHALOM!
It's understandable sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strayed Cow Unleashed In Ketu This Morning (photos) / Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) / Nairalanders' Real Professions: Guess What They Are?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.