Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram (1717 Views)

Don't Buy Phone Because Of Ram, Refresh Rate Etc / Whatsapp Hanging On Phones Of 6 ND 8gb Of Ram / 4GB Of Ram And 32GB Storage Brand New Smartphone That Costs 31k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by edicied: 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2018
This is so frustrating angry a 3gb ram phone can't even hold 2 apps in memory even with the 1.8gb of free Ram? Apps keep running in background even through you never started them in the first place I would have to root to control that but why?

Used one of my friends iPhone 6 and was impressed by the way they optimized everything you would never get frustrated using the phone.

1 Like

Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by TheUbermensch: 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2018
That is why iPhone is king.

I don't use one, never have, but I laugh when people say iPhone are overrated.

The iPhone X uses 3GB RAM. The only iPhone that does so. But it'd still be more efficient than Android phones with 20GB RAM. Even the iPhone 5 manages RAM well.

I don't know the problem with Android honestly.

God should bless someone so they can upgrade to iPhone.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by edicied: 12:33am On Jun 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:

The iPhone X uses 3GB RAM. The only iPhone that does so. But it'd still be more efficient than Android phones with 20GB RAM. Even the iPhone 5 manages RAM well.
like seriously 2gb ram iPhone be performing more than 3gb ram android angry
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by TheUbermensch: 12:39am On Jun 08, 2018
edicied:
like seriously 2gb ram iPhone be performing more than 3gb 6GB ram android angry
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by henry007(m): 1:21am On Jun 08, 2018
I use iPhone X and the 3GB RAM isn't fantastically optimised. By that i mean if i open subway surf and leave it running to go tweet or peep on Instagram, 15mins later, the game would have closed.

I came from the iPhone 6 plus, it was nearly unusable to be after iOS 11 was pushed, not even because of the RAM. It was too damn slow.

Did a video about it, this was before Apple confessed to throttling the speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2xfQ437QE

1 Like

Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by unmask: 3:07am On Jun 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:
That is why iPhone is king.

I don't use one, never have, but I laugh when people say iPhone are overrated.

I don't know the problem with Android honestly.

God should bless someone so they can upgrade to iPhone.
eyah....leave this discussion for folks that use real android phones and not your Chinese knockoffs

3 Likes

Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by virtualking: 4:00am On Jun 08, 2018
That is the problem with the anrdoid device but still if cost is a factor regarding android and iphone most of the people buy android phones
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by hyuga(m): 6:04am On Jun 08, 2018
On my LG G5 SE (3gb ram) memory is well optimized. I play injustice 2 a lot and its a tasking game. I do suspend and browse heavily with chrome abd uc simultaneously while using my GB whatsapp too. I resume my injustice from where I left off even after hours. So just bone those Chinese craos you are comparing apple with. Apple did good with optimization but go to youtube and see how androids of its price range hands its ass to it.

1 Like

Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 08, 2018
henry007:
I use iPhone X and the 3GB RAM isn't fantastically optimised. By that i mean if i open subway surf and leave it running to go tweet or peep on Instagram, 15mins later, the game would have closed.

I came from the iPhone 6 plus, it was nearly unusable to be after iOS 11 was pushed, not even because of the RAM. It was too damn slow.

Did a video about it, this was before Apple confessed to throttling the speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv2xfQ437QE
thank you bro.

Android is far better that any other phone on Earth.

The op is probably using infinix, that product is know for poorly management of Ram.

Tell the guy to go try high end Samsung, xioami, etc

3 Likes

Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Collinz2(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2018
There might be a background killing app killing the apps especially on Chinese phone. Like my infinix here I can switch app after 15 min if I return it will restart unlike my aunt Samsung.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Collinz2(m): 9:13am On Jun 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
thank you bro.

Android far better that any other phone on Earth.

The op is probably using infinix, that product is know poorly management of Ram.

yeah my friend's iPhone 7 still refresh apps.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by TheUbermensch: 10:34am On Jun 08, 2018
unmask:
eyah....leave this discussion for folks that use real android phones and not your Chinese knockoffs

But you know no Android phone of 3GB RAM can match am iPhone of 2GB RAM. Ever.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by oxygenlove(m): 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:

what are you saying?, biko, juxtapose clearly
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by edicied: 12:04pm On Jun 08, 2018
So Basically the Ram isn't the problem but the Processor?
hyuga:
On my LG G5 SE (3gb ram) memory is well optimized. I play injustice 2 a lot and its a tasking game. I do suspend and browse heavily with chrome abd uc simultaneously while using my GB whatsapp too. I resume my injustice from where I left off even after hours. So just bone those Chinese craos you are comparing apple with. Apple did good with optimization but go to youtube and see how androids of its price range hands its ass to it.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by edicied: 12:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
thank you bro.

Android far better that any other phone on Earth.

The op is probably using infinix, that product is know poorly management of Ram.

Lol am not using Infinix its Actually Gionee am Using was Using Redmi note 4 b4 they stole it like 2 weeks ago angry the phone handles app in memory well but not perfectly it still refresh So I think maybe the problem is with the Processor and not the Ram perse? Redmi note 4 is Snapdragon 625 and my Gionee here is MTk 67...?
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
edicied:
Lol am not using Infinix its Actually Gionee am Using was Using Redmi note 4 b4 they stole it like 2 weeks ago angry the phone handles app in memory well but not perfectly it still refresh So I think maybe the problem is with the Processor and not the Ram perse? Redmi note 4 is Snapdragon 625 and my Gionee here is MTk 67...?
bros what matters most is the process.

I remember as at 2015 I used injoo one with octacore process and just 2 GB ram I can tell you the speed was light. No matter the app it never lags.

Processor matter alot
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by hyuga(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
edicied:
So Basically the Ram isn't the problem but the Processor?
Software optimization in my own view. Cos in the days when custom roms were a much needed way to get the latest os, these roms which have been filtered by removing unwated stuff (debloating) keeps apps well than when they were running the official one. So its still same processor but different Rom and software optimization.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Lexusgs430: 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2018
edicied:
This is so frustrating angry a 3gb ram phone can't even hold 2 apps in memory even with the 1.8gb of free Ram? Apps keep running in background even through you never started them in the first place I would have to root to control that but why?

Used one of my friends iPhone 6 and was impressed by the way they optimized everything you would never get frustrated using the phone.

Use higher specification android devices. Try testing RAM optimization on Samsung Note 8 or Oneplus 6.......

You would have a change of opinion......
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by unmask: 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:

yes na...if you pay the same amount for an android phone I am sure it won't be slow..... use a note 8 that is about the same price as an iPhone X then tell me which is faster
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by edicied: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Use higher specification android devices. Try testing RAM optimization on Samsung Note 8 or Oneplus 6.......

You would have a change of opinion......
Another problem with Android is that it start to misbehave with Time When you first Buy the phone it acts like superman with time e go start to behave like Nigeria Spider man grin
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by TheUbermensch: 6:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
unmask:
yes na...if you pay the same amount for an android phone I am sure it won't be slow..... use a note 8 that is about the same price as an iPhone X then tell me which is faster

How many Gig Ram is the note 8?
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by hyuga(m): 8:48pm On Jun 08, 2018
edicied:
Another problem with Android is that it start to misbehave with Time When you first Buy the phone it acts like superman with time e go start to behave like Nigeria Spider man grin
Lol. Bro its not em infinix or lower midrange android we are talking about here
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by unmask: 8:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
TheUbermensch:

How many Gig Ram is the note 8?
6 gig
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Freelancerx: 8:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Well, my Samsung doesn't do this cool
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by Abiodunspectre(m): 7:43am On Jun 12, 2018
edicied:

I guess it's your brand of android
My Camon X Pro can hold 40apps at a time.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2018
Poor optimization. Let's start with this - What's the space left in your internal storage, how many heavy apps do you use at once, what Android version are you using?

You can't be using a 5.1 device and wailing about poor optimization, this is 2018.
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by edicied: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:
Poor optimization. Let's start with this - What's the space left in your internal storage
4GB

how many heavy apps do you use at once, what
Just WhatsApp and maybe chrome browser....

Android version are you using?

You can't be using a 5.1 device and wailing about poor optimization, this is 2018.
What has the android version got to do with optimization and ram managements?

I guess it's your brand of android
My Camon X Pro can hold 40apps at a time.
@Abiodunspectre
What do you mean by can hold 40 apps at a time I don't think we are discussing about how much app a phone can hold here grin
Re: Android Phones And Poor Optimization Of Ram by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
edicied:

4GB

Just WhatsApp and maybe chrome browser....

What has the android version got to do with optimization and ram managements?
@Abiodunspectre
What do you mean by can hold 40 apps at a time I don't think we are discussing about how much app a phone can hold here grin

Your Android version has a lot to do with how your phone handles apps and optimizes it.

Each release of Android focuses on optimizing the devices more thus a phone with Oreo can handle apps better than one running on lollipop

(1) (Reply)

The HOTS3X Is Indeed A Beauty To Behold / Samsung S10 With 5g,6cameras,1tb,12gb Ram And Wireless Charging For Other Phones / Nokia 5 For Sale 22k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.