Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update (18926 Views)

Ibom Deep Sea Port, $1.4bn Fertilizer Plant To Change Akwa Ibom’s Status / FG Approves $2 Billion For First Phase Of $4.6 Billion Ibom Deep Seaport / Gov Emmanuel Applauds FG On Speedy Actualization Of Ibom Deep Seaport (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by younglleo: 10:17am On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by ikorodureporta: 10:18am On Jun 08, 2018
Maldek666:
This Sea Port is the reason I am planning to own a place at Uyo. When this Sea Port is operable. The Entire SS/SE Corridor will be more advanced than Lagos, which is already over populated.
....& calabar port dd nt achiev th@?

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by jerryadigun: 10:19am On Jun 08, 2018
I have nothing to say.

No one reads the second page.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by GavelSlam: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
[s]Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide. Do you people think this project will ever come to fruition? Do you know that Federal government through National Port Authority has sole mandate on operation of states' sea/river/land ports? You think they will allow this project to come to fruition? Anyday this port comes to operation with Akwa Ibom going against federal might to open it, Akwa Ibom will be bombed to pieces. I know people ask but why? People don't know what's going on in this country? Have you asked yourself why Ports in Calabar, Onne, Port Harcourt and Warri are not working...only used by oil companies and corporations while two Lagos ports are fully working, with two more being built as I type this? You think these SS ports are closed to the public for fancy or for talking sake? These ports are not working for strategic reason to marginalize the East with Igbos being their primary target, and you think Ibaka will ever come to life? What is wrong with our people? Can't you reason? Don't you read history or current situation? The reason they don't want any port to work in Eastern region is to make us Easterners dependent on One Nigeria, so that we will remain with them. Any day SS and/or SE ports are fully operational, that day will mark the end of Nigeria.[/s]

Nonsense.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by caramel13: 10:23am On Jun 08, 2018
I just did
jerryadigun:
I have nothing to say.

No one reads the second page.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by phantom(m): 10:23am On Jun 08, 2018
A port whose shoreline is deeper than apapa even without dredging. The day this port comes to fruition, i will pop open a bottle of don perignon for my igbo brothers.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by shamecurls(m): 10:28am On Jun 08, 2018
SuperS1Panther:

Why are pigidiotic Osus and Ojukwus full of unexplainable hatred and negativism?

They hate anything and everything. Even, they hate God Almighty.

Instead of you to be positive for SS people you are here concocting lies to run down the commendable project.

By their speech we shall know them.

Flat headed dwarfs are naturally pathetic lots. Try to always ignore them.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Eddieuwe(m): 10:33am On Jun 08, 2018
Haba naija when are we gonna change this delays and unsustainabilities of good projects? Why is it always stories, and marginalization in projects like the about mentioned? Just passing ooooh... good morning my good nairalanders!! undecided grin
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 08, 2018
The News Reporting lacks depth.

Journalists need to inform us of the deal structure. Obviously the State of Akwa Ibom should hold the majority of the shares on the Equity, and the Private players both local and FDIs at least 30% and the Federal Govt, on 10%. But that again can only be successful if AKS government is liquid enough to stake such amount on the project to get atleast 51% of the Equity if the State is to claim ownership of this prime venture capital investment.

Can someone get the deal structure so we can evaluate the feasibility of this lofty project.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Kennydoc(m): 10:42am On Jun 08, 2018
chuksanambra:
[i][/i]

[s] With or without you, the SS would move forward and this seaport would be completed and put to use. Very soon, the project would be completed and you'll die before that day as you have stated.

You know one thing I've noticed about Igbos, they don't love the South South and always wish the SE evil. They do this so that they can always mock the SS that "I told you" and so that they can always control the SS if it is underdeveloped.

That's how Igbos were egging militants to blow up pipelines and kill soldiers at a time when even ND elders were trying to pacify warring parties.

Meanwhile, Igbo Governors are the most mediocre set of miscreants you can see in this country. Their evil wishes for others backfire when they vote people who take them back to the stone age. Just go to the SE and see what I'm talking about.

Okorocha built a couple of bridges in his first term, 2 out of them collapsed in his second tenure. Obiano built a bridge that had cracks and they ended up using cement and cello tape to patch. As for Ikpeazu, he's using mud and saliva to build roads in Abia.

I don't know what Igbos gain in jealousy, bad belle and envy of other people as if it's the SS who helps them vote their worthless leaders.[/s]

And you're chuksanambra... ? Hahaha. Shameless thing!!
Mention your state of origin, and let's compare the bridges your governor built and Obiano's own and see who has a more solid work. That's assuming your governor has any infrastructural project in his credit.
Anyway, you don't even deserve a response, so I will leave you in your foolery.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by godliman: 10:47am On Jun 08, 2018
comos:

one day, these seaports will be opened and put into use.

The governors of south-south should continue to build more seaports.

nature will definitely fight it's course
you wrote with gold ink bros
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by vineyardfarms: 10:48am On Jun 08, 2018
Oduwils222:
This is not the fist time we the Akwa Ibomites are hearing news like this.
THE PAST GOVT. OF GODSWILL AKPABIO COMMISSION TO START SAME SEAPORT WHICH LEAD TWO COMMUNITY KILLING THEMSELVES OVER LAND ISSUES. THIS GOV. HAS STARTED AGAIN. PLS PUT SECURITY IN PLACE TO AVOID BLOOD BATH IN THE AFFECTED COMMUNITIES. WHILE YOU SMILE TO THE BANK WITH HUGE CONSULTATION AND DESIGN KICK BACK AND FRONT ADVANCE FEES. WHERE DID AKPABIO ACTUALLY STOP AT THE PROJECT? WHY ANOTHER COMMITEE? SIR?

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Dantedasz(m): 10:50am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide. Do you people think this project will ever come to fruition? Do you know that Federal government through National Port Authority has sole mandate on operation of states' sea/river/land ports? You think they will allow this project to come to fruition? Anyday this port comes to operation with Akwa Ibom going against federal might to open it, Akwa Ibom will be bombed to pieces. I know people ask but why? People don't know what's going on in this country? Have you asked yourself why Ports in Calabar, Onne, Port Harcourt and Warri are not working...only used by oil companies and corporations while two Lagos ports are fully working, with two more being built as I type this? You think these SS ports are closed to the public for fancy or for talking sake? These ports are not working for strategic reason to marginalize the East with Igbos being their primary target, and you think Ibaka will ever come to life? What is wrong with our people? Can't you reason? Don't you read history or current situation? The reason they don't want any port to work in Eastern region is to make us Easterners dependent on One Nigeria, so that we will remain with them. Any day SS and/or SE ports are fully operational, that day will mark the end of Nigeria.

Onne port is functioning one hundred percent.
The other ports you mentioned are not functioning because they are shallow due to blockage by sand brought in by the tide. Any large ships trying to negotiate these shallow water will be grounded. The fact is most of those ports are white elephant projects built by the military and economically unviable. The cost of continually dredging and re dredging these shallow ports is not commensurate to the income generated.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Ttipsy(f): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2018
but of good reasoning, why should Nigeria have only one intl functional port...
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by SmartPolician: 11:03am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:
Any day this Ibaka seaport come to fruition and operational, I'll commit suicide. Do you people think this project will ever come to fruition? Do you know that Federal government through National Port Authority has sole mandate on operation of states' sea/river/land ports? You think they will allow this project to come to fruition? Anyday this port comes to operation with Akwa Ibom going against federal might to open it, Akwa Ibom will be bombed to pieces. I know people ask but why? People don't know what's going on in this country? Have you asked yourself why Ports in Calabar, Onne, Port Harcourt and Warri are not working...only used by oil companies and corporations while two Lagos ports are fully working, with two more being built as I type this? You think these SS ports are closed to the public for fancy or for talking sake? These ports are not working for strategic reason to marginalize the East with Igbos being their primary target, and you think Ibaka will ever come to life? What is wrong with our people? Can't you reason? Don't you read history or current situation? The reason they don't want any port to work in Eastern region is to make us Easterners dependent on One Nigeria, so that we will remain with them. Any day SS and/or SE ports are fully operational, that day will mark the end of Nigeria.

These rants are becoming stale.

Ike anagwukwa unu (una no dey tire)?

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by BelovedBuhari(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2018
There's no end to the number of MOUs we have seen from across the Niger
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by sangresan(m): 11:06am On Jun 08, 2018
sean1000x:

Mumu like this still dey Nigeria?
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by mbos: 11:08am On Jun 08, 2018
obailala:
I'm sure this is one of the unfortunate fellows brainwashed mercilessly by the albino.

The only thing preventing the Ibom deep sea port from coming to life is the unseriousness and continuous lip service played successive Akwa-Ibom state governments. The day the Akwa-Ibom government finally gets serious and builds the actual seaport (instead of just on paper), nobody can stop it from functioning; contrary to the nonsense theories a lot of people have been fed with, no one would even attempt to undermine it

IBAKA IS ONLY 25KILOMETERS FROM ABA ABIA STATE. AND ONLY FEWS KILOMETERS FROM ABIA BORDER
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Xander85: 11:29am On Jun 08, 2018
Dantedasz:

Onne port is functioning one hundred percent.
The other ports you mentioned are not functioning because they are shallow due to blockage by sand brought in by the tide. Any large ships trying to negotiate these shallow water will be grounded. The fact is most of those ports are white elephant projects built by the military and economically unviable. The cost of continually dredging and re dredging these shallow ports is not commensurate to the income generated.

You know most of these states that you say have 'shallow waters'....if they were independent countries of their own, you know they would have been able to dredge said waters to acceptable depths? I reckon that if Egypt and Panama were part of Nigeria, they would have been told the Suez and Panama canals were pie-in-the-sky and they had better forget it!

Nigeria is a evil country that holds down peoples destinies!
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Dantedasz(m): 11:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Xander85:

You know most of these states that you say have 'shallow waters'....if they were independent countries of their own, you know they would have been able to dredge said waters to acceptable depths? I reckon that if Egypt and Panama were part of Nigeria, they would have been told the Suez and Panama canals were pie-in-the-sky and they had better forget it!

Nigeria is a evil country that holds down peoples destinies!

Is Onne port functioning or not?
I know it is functioning because I was there yesterday.
The other ports mentioned are shallow silt filled white elephant projects. They are not economically viable and where they could manage to be viable by breaking even by using Escravos or Forcados as in the case of Warri port the youths of the area turned militants will not allow it to work due to brigandage and piracy. Do you blame the government for that?
Do you blame NPA for that?
There is a reason why Igbo importers prefer Onne,Tin Can,Apapa and Pan Atlantic ports and it is not the reasons being given on this thread.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by aribisala0(m): 12:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by obc: 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
Don't mind him.
Ooduavoice:

truth dey purge you.
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by aribisala0(m): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
Luciferan369:

Can someone get the deal structure so we can evaluate the feasibility of this lofty project.
Someone? Like someone on your payroll maybe? or You?
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
Maldek666:
This Sea Port is the reason I am planning to own a place at Uyo. When this Sea Port is operable. The Entire SS/SE Corridor will be more advanced than Lagos, which is already over populated.
There is nothing like SS/ SE corridor Why not call it SS/NC orSS?/NE orSS/Cameroun corridor

Why must you keep attaching to others.

What corridor is there from Benin or Warri or Sapele to Aba?

Akwa Ibom is Ibibio and NOTHING to do with Ibos. So stop attaching your godforsaken red soil land

There is a fully operating port in Cotonou which has not made it "more advanced " than Lagos. So stop the envy and accept that the SE is a wasteland

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by Xander85: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
aribisala0:
There is nothing like SS/ SE corridor Why not call it SS/NC orSS?/NE orSS/Cameroun corridor

Akwa Ibom is Ibibio and NOTHING to do with Ibos. So stop attaching your godforsaken red soil land

There is a fully operating port in Cotonou which has not made it "more advanced " than Lagos. So stop the envy and accept that the SE is a wasteland

If i call you a bitter fool now they will say i've started!

Why does the 'attaching' of the SE to the SS get you so worked up....esp' seeing as you're a Yoruba bigot!? What are you afraid of, and why don't you equally get worked up when you hear 'Arewa' or 'one north'?

I don't get it! undecided
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by emmysoftyou: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
aribisala0:

i can feel your pain. Just take it easy.
We're more closer to the south than the west. More closer to the east than the north.

Your ranting statement came too late. Sick man.

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by aribisala0(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2018
emmysoftyou:
i can feel your pain. Just take it easy.
We're more closer to the south than the west. More closer to the east than the north.

Your ranting statement came too late. Sick man.

More closer?

We are not interested in claiming them. Stand by yourself and leave them ALONE.

Be self reliant.

Edo state is not part of SS ? does it have any border with the SE ?

The issue is not about who is closer. The issue is they have disowned you severally as parasites.

Let everybody answer his name.

You answer your landlocked red soil name and stop attaching

Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by mbos: 1:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
aribisala0:

ibaka is ibo for your own information...
in akwa ibom there are lots of igbo speaking communities nearer to abia border and in some cases, the LGAs bearer same name and same dialect

akwa in ibibio means bridge
akwa in all igbo dialects means bridge as well

ibom or eboe means Ibo in ibibio language

so what do you have to say??
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by aribisala0(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
mbos:

ibaka is ibo for your own information...
in akwa ibom there are lots of igbo speaking communities nearer to abia border and in some cases, the LGAs bearer same name and same dialect

akwa in ibibio means bridge
akwa in all igbo dialects means bridge as well

ibom or eboe means Ibo in ibibio language

so what do you have to say??

Yes we know that the Arochukwu people were enslaved by Akamkpa overlords who rule them to this day but this is a new one you are bringing.

Akwa Ibom is Eboe??

You want to provoke Obong.

You folk are SHAMELESS>

there is nothing Eboe about Akwa Ibowm.

One of them will read what you have written and diisgrace you here
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by mbos: 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
aribisala0:

Yes we know that the Arochukwu people were enslaved by Akamkpa overlords who rule them to this day but this is a new one you are bringing.

Akwa Ibom is Eboe??

You want to provoke Obong.

You folk are SHAMELESS>

there is nothing Eboe about Akwa Ibowm.

One of them will read what you have written and diisgrace you here

so they enslved their Aro shrine?/

are you the shrine or the aro or can you speak the language? if not then shut up forever
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by aribisala0(m): 1:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
mbos:

so they enslved their Aro shrine?/

are you the shrine or the aro or can you speak the language? if not then shut up forever
Aro have foreign kings na. Their rulers are Akamkpa kings
Re: Ibom Deep Sea Port Latest Update by emmysoftyou: 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
aribisala0:

More closer?

We are not interested in claiming them. Stand by yourself and leave them ALONE.

Be self reliant.

Edo state is not part of SS ? does it have any border with the SE ?

The issue is not about who is closer. The issue is they have disowned you severally as parasites.

Let everybody answer his name.

You answer your landlocked red soil name and stop attaching
edo state is not part of we SE/SS. We can't let go our igbo brothers in asaba and rivers state. The faceless forum created Alot of misunderstanding in the past but we still remains one.

In as much we have millions of igbo people in the south south, we will keep calling ourselves se/ss.

if the Yoruba need attachee, their brothers in kwara and kogi we definitely welcome them.
you're so pained bro. Pls concentrate on fighting to claim back ilorin from Fulani emirates.

we're not your enemy cos Humphrey nwosu, formal INEC chairman try so hard to put abiola as a president but destiny refused him.
what's your problem?

Is Nigeria The Costliest Place In The World To Build Roads? / Only God Can Police Our Border – Security Chiefs / EFCC Arrests 37 Alleged Internet Fraudsters In Oyo

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74