Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit (23777 Views)

Tribunal: I Was Forced To Sign Presidential Poll Result In Kogi - Joe Agada / Osun Tribunal: I Didn’t Forge Certificate, School Made Mistake – Adeleke / I’ll Beat Atiku, Tinubu Landslide, Kola Abiola Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 21, 2019
(NAN)President Muhammadu Buhari has pooh-poohed claims by Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that they won February 23 presidential election and has underscored his victory by showing that he beat Atiku in his polling unit in Adamawa.

Buhari describes the claims as laughable because Atiku has never won any political contest with him (Buhari) and because he is more popular and acceptable among the electorate than the ex-Vice President.

Buhari, in his response to the petition filed before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja by Atiku and the PDP, challenging the outcome of the February 23, 2019 presidential election, noted that he even defeated Atiku in his (Atiku’s) polling unit in his home state of Adamawa.

He wondered why Atiku thought he could secure victory on the platform of a political party (the PDP) he (Atiku) had previously derided and described as a dead party, and one which was beyond redemption.

The President, who is listed as the 2nd respondent in the petition marked: CA/PEPC/002/2019, said in his response filed on April 16, 2019 by his team of lawyers, led by Wole Olanipekun (SAN) said: “At every previous instance, whether at intra-party or inter-party contests, where he and the 1st petitioner (Atiku) had vied, he has always been the preference of the electorate and/or delegates.

“In particular, at the primary election conducted by the 3rd respondent (APC) in 2014, to pick its presidential candidate for the 2015 election, the 1st petitioner and the respondent (Buhari), amongst others, were the candidates; and while the respondent polled 3,430 votes, the 1st petitioner came a distant third with 954 votes.

“The 1st petitioner was at all material times prior to his decamping to the 2nd petitioner (PDP), shortly before the presidential election, a member of the 3rd respondent (APC).

“The 1st petitioner contested the presidential primary election of the 3rd respondent with the respondent in 2014 and after the respondent (Buhari) defeated him to a distant third place, the 1st petitioner joined the campaign train of the respondent immediately after the primary election, traversing all over the country and rightly declaring to all and sundry that respondent was the best choice available to the country for the position of President.

“On joining the 3rd respondent, the 1st petitioner consigned the 2nd petitioner to the grave, describing it as a dead party that is beyond redemption.

“The 1st petitioner could not have won the presidential election under the platform of a political, which he abandoned and described as having gone beyond redemption.

“The respondent enjoys a wide acceptability across the federation and is more popular and acceptable to the electorate than the 1st petitioner, leading to the respondent securing more votes than the 1st petitioner, even at the latter’s polling unit in Adamawa State.

“In the polling unit where the 1st petitioner registered for the election, while the 1st petitioner polled 167 votes, the respondent scored 186 votes.”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/buhari-to-tribunal-i-beat-atiku-in-his-polling-unit/

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by GavelSlam: 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari won home and away.

grin

119 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 21, 2019
This is so stupid, what about the VP that lost his unit.

So far I've not heard of any sensible point buhari used in defending his victory

232 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Smithkafors(m): 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2019
And you lost in Aso rock.....

228 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by afams(m): 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nonesense, Buhari is dodging the main issue n defending from the past election n Atiku,s polling unit. Buhari, please stop fooling Nigerian n prove right before the tribunal that the result announced by inec which declared you winner is the real result of the Fab 23rd election

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by MXrep: 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari is yet to face the major issues. Diverting attention with frivolities

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by buhariguy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2019
thief atiku alcameroon is finished

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
buhariguy:
so you're back from your workmanship in zombie industry.... you're welcome smiley

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by mrkings84(m): 12:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
And sir u lost Abuja th fct to Atiku. So how do u justify that??

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Emu4life(m): 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
COURT!!!
CASE CLOSED!!!

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
you also lost in aso rock,

with the way people are complaining about this man, it is very possible he rigged the election.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari tender your waec certificate cow

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by SmartyPants(m): 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
I fail to see how these arguments are cogent or reflect any points of law.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by jconsulting(f): 12:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
All of you should let us hear word ,I think we should be less concerned about Buhari/Atiku and focus on our future, they are both​ failures​

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by lomprico(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
The type of response an illiterate will give. Smh!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by bettercreature(m): 12:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
Donmedra:
This is so stupid, what about the VP that lost his unit.

So far I've not heard of any sensible point buhari used in defending his victory
Use your brain.Charity begins at home
You can't be useless at home and be useful away from home

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by mosegifted: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
buhariguy:

E go shock you like electric

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by udemzyudex(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oh because Keyamo replied Galadima this man want to use the same method.

Funny reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by iyallancy84: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hear your silly defense.buhari na pipe!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by bizhop01: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Buhari lost in Aso rock

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by superboiz: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
This talk no get meaning at all.
Bubu park well jor

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Buhdeuce: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
There is no way Atiku can win this. He should put an end to it so we can move on!

The picture below says it all!!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Emu4life(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
vVera:
you also lost in aso rock
Doz ones in Aso rock wants president that will come and "SHARE THE MONEY" grin

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by nurex01(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Let's sleep na
Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by phkka1(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2019
This Buhari may not be sure of what he is saying. He should better ask Osibanjo if what he is saying is correct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Emu4life(m): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
mosegifted:

E go shock you like electric
Oga forget that thing. Even if they re do the electoral process like 10 times, Atiku will still lose.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Beulah77: 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2019
I never knew Buhari is this foolish and stupid

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by chrisxxx(m): 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
This is no reason. Your foot soldiers could buy off the electorates your government has deliberately impoverished.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by Andrewkinggg: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
I want anyone reading this to do so neutrally and have a non-partisan view on this.. Study the result pattern from the election especially the presidential election. You'd see that states where Buhari won are states that has boundaries with neigbouring countries like Chad, Niger, Sudan and Cameroon. It's no longer news that we have a porous borders. During the election period immigrants from these neigboring countries were been imported into the country to vote on election day that explain why in areas that is known to be sparsely populated recorded huge voters turnout. I can tell you categorically that 20% of the population in Sokoto state is made up of people from Niger.
Majority of REAL Nigerians didn't vote for Buhari, take it to the washer. I said what I said.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Tribunal: I Beat Atiku In His Polling Unit by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
Atiku no waste your money grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / Buhari To Declare For Presidency On October 8 / Ambode Inaugurates Neighborhood Safety Corps Agency (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.