Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe (34354 Views)

Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend. / The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / What Africans Go Through In America By Adeola Fayehun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by BlackManta(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
travelland:

Lol our level of inferiority is out of this world. May God help us

I was being sarcastic ma cheesy
The person I quoted was trying to justify racism.
He thinks racism is natural and okay.
He knows why I quoted him like that. cheesy
Racism fall on him angry

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Nowenuse: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2018
travelland:

How old are you? I'm guessing you are an inexperienced teenager who feels the need to type something even when he has absolutely no knowledge or clue of what he's saying. Clap for yourself

He is correct.
Nowenuse:

Make no mistake. I can never justify racism... All I'm saying is that it is an endemic trait in humans and even animals to look down on others they think they are better than.

Yes, we can try to fight the outward effects of this discrimination, but we can never change the subconsciousness... I don't know how else to put this for you guys to understand me.

The only way you can stop people from looking down on you completely is by proving these people wrong on the reasons why they look down on you!

Take a class of children for example, the whole class will always make fun of the dull one... No matter how much the teacher tries to stop the other children from making fun of the dull one, the fact that that one is dull will still never leave their minds..... They may not laugh at the dull one again because they were cautioned by the teacher, however they will still discriminate him in other ways which the teacher may not be able to control, like no one would want to be his friend or play with him, no one would take him serious even if he has something important to say etc.

Not until the day the dull one can disprove his mates and prove how bright he is, or at least excel in another area, the negative views about him will never change...

It's nature, you can't fight it.
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by travelland(f): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
BlackManta:

I was being sarcastic ma cheesy
The person I quoted was trying to justify racism.
He thinks racism is natural and okay.
He knows why I quoted him like that. cheesy
Racism fall on him angry

I know nor grin I'm shocked at how low some people are, but it explains a lot why people put themselves through inhuman situations just to migrate. It's psychological slavery.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by travelland(f): 9:11pm On Jun 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

He is correct.

No, he's not. Kindly take your inferiority else where Sir, I refuse to exchange words with you, bye.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Reggie2(m): 9:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
millomaniac:

You have a point but my disappointment is that you allowed the actions of two paranoid unknown white skinned american women to inspire this write up. And more sadly they made you look down on yourself and people. Yes Africa and Africans are always protrayed in bad light. But from your write up that area or route seems not to have the best of security. The women might have heard stories about the area same as you. Same way you were security conscious of the surrounding by going the extra length to making sure you have enough gas so as to not get stranded in that area in as much as that area is dominated by white skinned folks is same way they became security conscious on sighting a male approaching them in that area. May be it was your appearance some people just naturally have a bad mean appearance or maybe they were just being paranoid or maybe they saw a dark skinned man. But you opted for the later. They might have acted same if a menacing white skinned male was approaching them. Or they might have acted differently if a very good looking young dark skinned male approached or a dark skinned priest approached. I am sure you wouldn't have come up with this write up. if similar actions were taken by 2 dark skinned women. Which then begs the question "are you being racist against yourself?" We as a dark skinned people must not succumb to seeing ourselves the way people of other race sees us. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us. Africans are indeed wonderful people. If the wrong set of people assume power and deny their people food, quality education and basic human amenities no matter the race of people they would find themselves exactly if not worse than africa. same way their are notorious african american neighbourhoods and a person whether white or dark skinned becomes security conscious at the sight of a dark skinned man when they are in those neighbourhood is same way there are notorious white american neighbourhoods and a white or dark skinned person becomes security conscious on sighting a white skinned man in that neighbourhood . The difference is the notorious african neighbourhood is over publicized and blown out of proportion.

I was about responding to op's long writeup when I saw yours. You have said my mind.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Outofsync(m): 9:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
GiantParrot:

I do not think the author says racism is okay. Racism is definitely not okay!But it already exists. Human beings are prejudiced. What could be our most effective weapon against this problem of racism that already exists? The author's solution is that we should put our house in order.

If your house is not in order you will have a bad reputation. There is no running away from that. People are prejudiced and will keep looking out for reasons to justify their prejudice. Our notoriety for corruption and lawlessness gives the prejudiced the justification they seek, and frankly makes some of those non-racists who are higher on the anxiousness scale to make racist-looking decisions that to them feel rational for their safety.

Put your house in order and people will have little choice but to respect you more. Will that end racism? Probably not. Will that reduce racism? Very likely. Most importantly, will the lives of the members of your household improve? Most definitely.
The Gospel truth!
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Ugosample(m): 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2018
victorvezx:

Seek help bro. Ur inferiority complex is out of this world. U are trying to justify why black people deserve racism from White people? Lord have mercy. Get help. And please read up on the history of racism so u don't remain ignorant

The person you quoted said the truth!

Throughout the centurirs, the world has never been fair to the weak.

That's it

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Albertone(m): 9:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
What pains me most is that,our leaders do not lay good examples.They indulge in corruption in which the news spreads like bonfire in the harmattan.Yet,this same leaders do not face racism among the whites.Buhari uses their medical facilities freely,he interacts with their leaders freely,he even strolls along their streets freely without any form of racism.now,my question is:Who is supposed to be subjected to racism between our leaders who lay bad examples and our fellow innocent blacks?
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Ugosample(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bidobado:

Reason why I made that point is because throughout history, white people have sabotaged and continued to derail every positive attempt we make at moving forward. How many of our upright and sound leaders have been assassinated just because they refused to sell out.
The fact is, the whole world does not want the black man to succeed but by God's grace (whatever God you serve) we will rise again.

Excuses upon excuses

WHO were instrumental to deposing African leaders who were considered progressives?

Their fellow Africans

And besides this is the 21st century, is this the excuse we will still be giving

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by RaptorX: 9:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
Just another dumb African that thought marrying a white person will make white people accept them. But all he got was his nigga wake up call only to come here and be disturbing us with his soliloquy about racism like he has never experienced racism before married to a white woman in Florida, all the dirty looks he gets when he is out and about with his wife what does he think those looks are, let him be deceiving himself with trying to preach to other Africans while he is laid up under a white woman, I know his type and his write up did not impress me one bit.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by stdammis(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2018
jcgodfrey:
So, I've read 4 solid pages and no one has mentioned the words "white supremacy". Therein lies the major misunderstanding amongst most people. Most of you are wrong, but it's because you don't know any better.
But i'll say this: you think white people are scared of blacks? Think again. Who makes atomic bombs, machines guns, weapons of mass destruction? Who bomb countries year in year out? Who does mass shootings and school shootings every now and then?
So most of what you think is basically deception. That man is just one person, but as a collective, white people get on code. For everything you think blacks are guilty of, they are 5x more guilty. It has nothing to do with development, that's just nonsense. There are effects we blacks exhibit today as a result of centuries of slavery, etc. And it may equally take centuries to get over. But make no mistake thinking it's anything to do with how black people are. That's just nitpicking.
You say Black Americans are lazy. Black Americans are the most progressive blacks on the planet and it's African blacks that go out there and suck on white zaddy's balls.
I won't say anymore on a public forum but if anyone wants to engage in an intelligent conversation about this, hit me up.

"Whites are scared of blacks" does not mean white countries are scared of black countries. It simply means that a black man is most likely seen as a threat or danger when he approaches a group of white people, or walks into a store, or a bank. What do you think about those black people that have been killed by the police for senseless reasons, and if a white man does the same thing he gets to keep his life. Believe it or not, the truth is if you are a black man in America, you must be careful.

That racism has nothing to do with development is totally wrong. They've been talking about ending racism for decades now but it's still there. If we Africans want to be respected we have to show that we deserve it.....until then.....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Eagba(m): 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:
This is a very stupid read.
i almost got irritated by your comment, but then i looked at the name and remember that i always see you as a stupid person, so i wasn't bothered.
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Eagba(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
drakeli:
In my church, I’m a member of our worship group. It’s a more than 90% white church. Everyone knows me. There is a white lady I was crushing on. I tried making friend with her. Do you know she went to my group leader to tell on me that she felt unsafe around me. What? What the hell? White girls can be very suspicious of black guys. Although my group leader being white himself understands. He was surprised at the attitude of the girl by saying that church should be a place where everyone should be safe around each other.

So if you think there is no racism in the US. Then maybe you don’t get to leave your bedroom. Racism even in church. Can you imagine.
ignore her and she'll come crushing back
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eagba:
i almost got irritated by your comment, but then i looked at the name and remember that i always see you as a stupid person, so i wasn't bothered.

Excellent, my reputation precedes me as a "no-nonsense call it the way it is" person. I'm glad we were able to settle that without causing other readers anguish.

Have a wonderful weekend.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Eagba(m): 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2018
Hey hey guys its not gloom and doom, lets look at the bright side on racism. Our politicians that under develop us and run to the abroad will be treated like shits. Thereby making them valueless things are not going to change until we develop africa
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Eagba(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Excellent, my reputation precedes me as a "no-nonsense call it the way it is" person. I'm glad we were able to settle that without causing other readers anguish.

Have a wonderful weekend.
i like the meme you used
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by WrathOfHadez(m): 10:51pm On Jun 08, 2018
deedeedee1:
Nobody hate black people. They are just viewed as inferior. Black people are believed to be closer to Apes. I wonder why I rarely see Asians complain about racism. The whites believe Asians are more intelligent than they are. Japan, China, South Korea, and even North Korea are technologically advanced. Their countries are extremely rich. The Asians have immense love for their culture and language. There is no respect for the black man at all. You want to know why? Because Africa, the origin of the black man is ensnared in famine, poverty, and underdevelopment. Another reason for this is because they created the countries we live in and we rever their language at the expense of ours. We must accept the fact that for black people to regarded and respected by other races, we must build Africa. But how can we build Africa when we have country like Nigeria that is filled with tribalism, hate, religion intolerance and killings? We should split Nigeria so that tribes that are compatible can live and grow together. The only way police brutality against African-Americans will stop is when we begin to have our Japan, China and Singapore in Africa. That is when the 'superior' whites will give Africans and her descendants respect.
This is my take

So north Korea and China are extremely rich and industrialised?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by drakeli: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2018
Eagba:
ignore her and she'll come crushing back
Exactly what I did . Even my team leader told me I should stop talking to her for the meantime. He even invited me to join him for lunch so that we could socialize together and he could tell me what I can do to make a girl like her listen to me. I was whaoooed. Oyinbo life too simple.
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by OluDare01(m): 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
Optional09:
Well, you should have used your GPS to safe yourself that drama and if you are a frequent traveler you should know there is always service center between 20 to 30m on I-95 and 75.
Exactly what I wanted to say. I hate it when people ask mumu questions. You've got a GPS. Use the damn thing!
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by jaxxy(m): 2:44am On Jun 09, 2018
millomaniac:

You have a point but my disappointment is that you allowed the actions of two paranoid unknown white skinned american women to inspire this write up. And more sadly they made you look down on yourself and people. Yes Africa and Africans are always protrayed in bad light. But from your write up that area or route seems not to have the best of security. The women might have heard stories about the area same as you. Same way you were security conscious of the surrounding by going the extra length to making sure you have enough gas so as to not get stranded in that area in as much as that area is dominated by white skinned folks is same way they became security conscious on sighting a male approaching them in that area. May be it was your appearance some people just naturally have a bad mean appearance or maybe they were just being paranoid or maybe they saw a dark skinned man. But you opted for the later. They might have acted same if a menacing white skinned male was approaching them. Or they might have acted differently if a very good looking young dark skinned male approached or a dark skinned priest approached. I am sure you wouldn't have come up with this write up. if similar actions were taken by 2 dark skinned women. Which then begs the question "are you being racist against yourself?" We as a dark skinned people must not succumb to seeing ourselves the way people of other race sees us. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us. Africans are indeed wonderful people. If the wrong set of people assume power and deny their people food, quality education and basic human amenities no matter the race of people they would find themselves exactly if not worse than africa. same way their are notorious african american neighbourhoods and a person whether white or dark skinned becomes security conscious at the sight of a dark skinned man when they are in those neighbourhood is same way there are notorious white american neighbourhoods and a white or dark skinned person becomes security conscious on sighting a white skinned man in that neighbourhood . The difference is the notorious african neighbourhood is over publicized and blown out of proportion.

U 4got to mention the ladies cud be lesb and not want a man bothering them. When I see 2 white ladies close 2geda dat wat comes to my head.

Yes blacks and Africa have significant issues dat affect us bt not everything happens wrongly because ure black.
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by abdeiz(m): 3:00am On Jun 09, 2018
Outofsync:

You know, this is very true! A glance at other developed societies in the world actually shows that their developments came in times of great tribulations : The Viking invasions was what unified England, World War II brought Human Rights declarations, the Capitalist- Communism war brought China together. It seems as though we need a life or death situation to shake people out of their lethargy and rationalised justification of their daily suffering through religion, and actually demand for the basic things of life. In the peaceful water, bad eggs are floating to the top. we need an overturn, a revolution.

But alas, this is Nigeria, this is Africa. A country where nothing works and we're used to it.

You just said what is on my mind better than i did
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 09, 2018
Maybe they think you are a thief.
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Kmartt(m): 6:27am On Jun 09, 2018
Exactly my thought!
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by LordAdam16: 7:04am On Jun 09, 2018
deedeedee1:
Nobody hate black people. They are just viewed as inferior. Black people are believed to be closer to Apes. I wonder why I rarely see Asians complain about racism. The whites believe Asians are more intelligent than they are. Japan, China, South Korea, and even North Korea are technologically advanced. Their countries are extremely rich. The Asians have immense love for their culture and language. There is no respect for the black man at all. You want to know why? Because Africa, the origin of the black man is ensnared in famine, poverty, and underdevelopment. Another reason for this is because they created the countries we live in and we rever their language at the expense of ours. We must accept the fact that for black people to regarded and respected by other races, we must build Africa. But how can we build Africa when we have country like Nigeria that is filled with tribalism, hate, religion intolerance and killings? We should split Nigeria so that tribes that are compatible can live and grow together. The only way police brutality against African-Americans will stop is when we begin to have our Japan, China and Singapore in Africa. That is when the 'superior' whites will give Africans and her descendants respect.
This is my take

Dude, you should read more if you rarely "see" or "hear" Asians complain about racism. They do. And whether it is in America or the Middle East, they get discriminated against. The difference however is that as you said Asia is gradually becoming a high-income continent.

The China-US trade deficit is over $300b. The size of our economy is around $500b. Japan, China are two of the top 3 economies. Unemployment rate in Hong Kong is less than 1%.

But here's the thing, while Asians complain about racism in host countries. They don't treat it the way blacks treat it, because they themselves don't feel inferior to the whites. Blacks do. Blacks blame the whites for virtually every problem they face, whether in Africa or in North America. Asians don't have that time.

Japan became the second largest economy in the world in the same time it took Germany to become the largest economy in Europe. Both countries lost the second world war. The Japs see themselves as peculiar people, like the Germans and Jews do. To become a Jew you only have to have Jewish parent, to be a true Jap, you have to be born by two Japanese parents and raised in Japan. Japanese are racist to fellow Asians and even half-Japs. 1 in 3 tourists encounter racism in Japan.

So you can't be racist to a racist. Do you want to talk about the Chinese, Indians, Koreans, Malays, Thais, Vets.

Blacks do not deserve respect. Individually, yes; and if you excel in personal undertakings, many people with racist tendencies will even accept you; case in point the Black politicians in Italy and Russia winning posts, a mixed Black Jap winning a beauty pageant in Japan (they aren't accepted in the entire country, but they get by). But collectively, as a group, we have done nothing to deserve respect.

We can win as many prizes for individual achievement out there, but as long as Africa remains a stain on this planet, brimming with resources yet the disease, poverty, and non-productivity is perplexing; no one would take the Afro race serious, and nor should they.

The population of China and Africa is the same. Yet, while China practiced a one-child policy starting several decades back to curb overpopulation because of finite resources, over here we are still giving birth like rats even though we lack the technical knowhow to produce toothpicks.

Here's Lord Lugard's (some people's hero, since Nigeria's structure can't be negotiated anymore) take on Africans "In character and temperament, the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control, discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving
weapons as an oriental loves jewelry. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past."

And even though the Brits conquered and pummeled India like they did parts of Africa, here was Lord Lugard's comparison on Europeans, Asiatics, and Africans. "His [ An African] mind is far nearer to the animal world than the that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has reached."

Europeans and Asians on one hand and Africans on the other. It wasn't just color. It takes a pathological sense of victimhood for anyone to think it is only about color.

Even then at the end of the 19th and start of the 20th centuries, when Britain had Africa and Asia well within its grip, Lugard knew which race was a doormat and which was at least the equal of Europeans. 100 years on and he couldn't have been more correct.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by peacengine(m): 8:42am On Jun 09, 2018
This Lord Adam dude acts like he knows what he's talking about but no. The oldest civilization was in Egypt, Egyptians were blacks, the next was in Ethiopia and they were blacks too, yet even though they were both civilized white race still had no respect. They still invaded once their technologies were potent enough in terms of weaponry. Most people taken for slavery were West Africans because they capitalized on their mental weaknesses especially South Westerners, they also took people via Eastern route through Calabar but not as many as Badagry route.

For as little as 1 bottle of dry gin, Westerners were willing to give 40 humans from their tribes in exchange. Things like mirrors, sugar, salt, were all used in trading.

Same inferiority I see on this thread. Some even blaming themselves for another person's attitude towards them, others saying no race hates black, very stupid views

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by peacengine(m): 8:47am On Jun 09, 2018
drakeli:
Exactly what I did . Even my team leader told me I should stop talking to her for the meantime. He even invited me to join him for lunch so that we could socialize together and he could tell me what I can do to make a girl like her listen to me. I was whaoooed. Oyinbo life too simple.

Dude, focus on your race, she has just given you a tip of their deadly poison but low self esteem will not allow you to see it. By the time white girls deal with you that "oyinbo life is so simple" wen you de talk go change to another thing

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by peacengine(m): 8:52am On Jun 09, 2018
Bidobado:

Reason why I made that point is because throughout history, white people have sabotaged and continued to derail every positive attempt we make at moving forward. How many of our upright and sound leaders have been assassinated just because they refused to sell out.
The fact is, the whole world does not want the black man to succeed but by God's grace (whatever God you serve) we will rise again.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by peacengine(m): 8:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Nowenuse:

Stay there and keep on writing sermons.

It is natural for people to look down on those they feel better than. It is a universal practice, it can never be enliminated. It's effects can only be reduced..

They are not looking down on you because of your abilities, it is the color of your skin they are looking at. Some of them see you as a monkey, chimpanzee, ape, that's how they see you
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by LordAdam16: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2018
peacengine:
This Lord Adam dude acts like he knows what he's talking about but no. The oldest civilization was in Egypt, Egyptians were blacks, the next was in Ethiopia and they were blacks too, yet even though they were both civilized white race still had no respect. They still invaded once their technologies were potent enough in terms of weaponry. Most people taken for slavery were West Africans because they capitalized on their mental weaknesses especially South Westerners, they also took people via Eastern route through Calabar but not as many as Badagry route.

For as little as 1 bottle of dry gin, Westerners were willing to give 40 humans from their tribes in exchange. Things like mirrors, sugar, salt, were all used in trading.

Same inferiority I see on this thread. Some even blaming themselves for another person's attitude towards them, others saying no race hates black, very stupid views

Egyptians were mixed, not black. Ethiopians were respected by the Assyrians, Persians, and Romans. They didn't pursue too far out militarily, so they were never taken as existential threats. Even the Nubians took black slaves from surrounding black societies around them. The Bini king in time past were buried with the heads of up to 2,000 captured slaves. Slavery is slavery. Whether inter-racial or intra-racial, it is bad, it has been abolished, and we have to move forward.

Napolean went to Egypt and was awed. The Brits went to India and were awed. The Brits/French/Germans came to sub-Saharan Africa and were embarrassed. Even the Spanish who landed in South America had better things to say about the native population than their contemporaries had to say about sub-Saharan Africa.

So the Europeans ransacked Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America at about the same time. 100 years later, only Africa is struggling at the bottom, and yet you want them to respect you?

How? Why?

Respect is earned. And collectively as a people, we have done nothing in the past to deserve any respect. We are doing nothing at the moment to deserve any respect. That's why we've become professional protesters. We are great at giving speeches and pointing out the frailties of the white man, but we have no solution to the Malaria epidemic. We can't seem to know how to curb the despicable situation where aid for refugees is sold in the open market.

And that's the fact. The problem of the black race is the Black Man's inability to work together with fellow Blacks for the collective good of the black community. Individually we are excellent, collectively we are abysmal. Until we work on ourselves more than we concern ourselves about what others think of us (unfairly or not), we'd always be at the bottom.

-Lord

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Nowenuse: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2018
travelland:

No, he's not. Kindly take your inferiority else where Sir, I refuse to exchange words with you, bye.

People just use words which they do not know the meaning anyhow nowadays. Pathetic.
Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Mouthgag: 12:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
deedeedee1:
This is my take
Your first problem is what I call 'slave acceptance'. The fact that you accept that you are "black" when obviously you aren't.
The pale of pink people perceive the black colour as being dirty, Inferior, evil etc (black power, blacklist etc) while white is the direct opposite.
Check your skin colour, ARE YOU BLACK?

?
There's no and never have been any skin colour that is black or white.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe by Nowenuse: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2018
peacengine:

The Europeans never recognized nor agreed to the fact that Ancient Egyptians or Abbysinians (Ethiopians) were black.
That is why they do not classify us under the same racial category with these people. I have done an extensive research on this. They claim Horn africans are of Hamitic-semitic descent just like the Arabs while ancient Egyptians were caucasian just like current day north africans... We all know this is false.. But hey they invented all these terminologies and hence did the classifications.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Owerri Flooded, Vehicles Submerged, Traders Flee (Photo) / Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Different Places In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.