Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,785 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! (4581 Views)

Hilarious Reactions From Nigerians On Social Media To News Of Iphone12 / I Just Did The Math, Current Data Plan Puts Holes In My Pocket. / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by abumeinben(m): 2:45pm On Jun 08, 2018
NCC directs telecoms operators to start data rollover June 26
by Zakariyya Adaramola & Abdullateef Salau

The Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) has directed operators in the telecommunication industry to begin data rollover from June 26.

This means telecom operators must henceforth add a subscriber’s unused or unfinished data to his/her new or next data subscription.

Before this new directive from the NCC, subscribers’ unfinished or unused data subscription automatically became useless to as soon as it hit the expiry date.

However, yesterday, the NCC’s Executive Vice Chairman, Prof Garba Umar Danbatta, said telecom operators must begin the implementation of the data rollover directive from June 26, 2018.

Prof. Danbatta gave the marching order at the 95th Consumers Outreach Programme in Dutse, Jigawa State.

The NCC boss who was represented by the Head of Information and Reference Unit of the commission, Alhaji Ismail Adedigba, said failure by the operators to start implementing the directive would attract N5m fine on each subscriber which they failed to roll over.

“The NCC has directed the telecom service providers in the country to begin the implementation of data rollover on June 26, 2018. They have been duly informed about this and they have also been given adequate time to prepare their networks for it.

“Failure to implement this will attract N5m fine on the first of failure on each SIM card and N500,000 on each day that follows the first default date.

“All these are to ensure that the consumers’ rights, privileges and interests are adequately protected,” he said.

The Governor of Jigawa State, Abubakar Badaru, said the NCC should work on closing the access gaps in the state.

Represented at the occasion by his Deputy, Barrister Ibrahim Hassan Hadeija, he said the NCC and the operators should do more to make e-learning popular among students by crashing the prices of data subscription.

The Commission has also given operators mid-July, 2018 for the operators in the telecommunication industry to commence payment of N165bn interconnect debt.

Danbatta, disclosed this yesterday when the Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) paid him a courtesy visit in Abuja.

Interconnect debt results when an operator fails to settle the cost of termination of service rendered to it by another operator in the industry.

“Deadline has been given, mid-July, for the payment plan to commence. Debtors should start paying and those who are being owed should start receiving.”

President of ATCON, Mr Olusola Teniola, expressed concern over multiple taxation levied on telecoms operators in Nigeria, saying it serves as a disincentive to rollout broadband services to the 192 market gaps. “We need the taxes to be removed to encourage investments,” he said.

1 Like

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by millomaniac: 4:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
One of those hard to come by welcome development. Kudos NCC.

3 Likes

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by Cuteamigo1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2018
this is goodnews. i just cant wait for affordable unlimited data

3 Likes

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by dragnet: 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
[quote author=abumeinben post=68296020][/quote] reference?
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2018
What do they want to roll over abeg??....Is it the same data that isn't enough for someone to use, due to the excessive cut from the network providers??. I do monthly sub almost 5x in a month on MTN

Infact where is that NCC boss... he deserves some hot slaps for a job foolishly done..

Lalasticlala obinoscopy mynd44 ishilove

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by abumeinben(m): 7:21pm On Jun 08, 2018
SacredMustang:
Is it the same data that isn't enough due to the extreme cut in MB, that they want to roll over?

I do monthly sub almost 5x in a month on MTN

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/ncc-directs-telecoms-operators-to-start-data-rollover-june-26-255392.html
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by nymphomaniac(m): 7:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
Rubbish! When data isn't enough for one to use sef. This is my 2nd sub in June and we are not even half way.

13 Likes

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by psucc(m): 10:43pm On Jun 08, 2018
Imagine airtel just wiped off my 495mb yesterday?
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by Thebrightest(m): 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2018
k
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by TheUbermensch: 11:28pm On Jun 08, 2018
What are we rolling over please?

When we now do monthly sub twice in a week.

NCC is talking like this is 2005.

4 Likes

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by Jaykolo10(m): 12:37am On Jun 09, 2018
Na that time dem go come dey suck the data like water..especially those my dem...

cry
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by alexsoftwork(m): 1:34am On Jun 09, 2018
They should do same with SMS. how u go charge me, and message no deliver ?
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by jamalchance(m): 1:59am On Jun 09, 2018
It's like u are not using MTN ... Nothing will rollover ... U wee find d data 2wks b4 it expires
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by CarGuideNG: 4:05am On Jun 09, 2018
This is good.
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 5:09am On Jun 09, 2018
But why should the data we buy the same way we buy our airtime expire? undecided
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by RemedyLab: 5:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Do. you know these spices can save your life by preventing all sort of life threatening infections and diseases. check my signature below to learn more
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by martolux(m): 5:55am On Jun 09, 2018
Dont worry guys, your 2gig becomes 200Mb....Glo knows how to do that abrakadabra weller! grin
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by tunday4real(m): 6:09am On Jun 09, 2018
In advance countries, data are not capped. They are time based subscription. 1 month unlimited, 2 month unlimited. But here in Nigeria its 2gb for 1 month and we are even comfortable. It's high time we stop these unscrupulous extortion from these service providers. Say no to capped data. Say yes to unlimited subscription,. That is what we deserve.
#saynotocappeddata.

2 Likes

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by BlueRayDick: 6:18am On Jun 09, 2018
Theres nothing exciting about their efforts. Most of the network providers have their data getting exhausted before month end. I mean those with good network O not glo and their stillbirth network.

I used to buy 2.5 gb and an extra 1gb usable at night only for #2,000 on mtn. Believe me, it doesn't even last more than 2weeks on my iPhone. If I mistakenly connect to my system just to do one or two things, bam! I will get a notification that I've exhausted 75% of my data. By the way, the 1gb for night is always useless because I work during the day and sleep real well at night. I was spending more than 6k at times and not getting value for my money.

Kudos to ntel for coming tru. Now I get to use 24gb of fast 4g internet network for just 2,500 a month. Now I have internet all round the clock without any limitations.
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by lemonys(m): 6:19am On Jun 09, 2018
Why not make it unlimited for a whole month instead of rolling over, is it the subsction we do 5x in a month? Abeg NCC shift.

1 Like

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by lemonys(m): 6:23am On Jun 09, 2018
BlueRayDick:
Theres nothing exciting about their efforts. Most of the network providers have their data getting exhausted before month end. I mean those with good network O not glo and their stillbirth network.

I used to buy 2.5 gb and an extra 1gb usable at night only for #2,000 on mtn. Believe me, it doesn't even last more than 2weeks on my iPhone. If I mistakenly connect to my system just to do one or two things, bam! I will get a notification that I've exhausted 75% of my data. By the way, the 1gb for night is always useless because I work during the day and sleep real well at night. I was spending more than 6k at times and not getting value for my money.

Kudos to ntel for coming tru. Now I get to use 24gb of fast 4g internet network for just 2,500 a month. Now I have internet all round the clock without any limitations.
You don't mean it!
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by lemonys(m): 6:27am On Jun 09, 2018
tunday4real:
In advance countries, data are not capped. They are time based subscription. 1 month unlimited, 2 month unlimited. But here in Nigeria its 2gb for 1 month and we are even comfortable. It's high time we stop these unscrupulous extortion from these service providers. Say no to capped data. Say yes to unlimited subscription,. That is what we deserve.
#saynotocappeddata.
If we nigerians start complainin on their social media handle, maybe then NCC will come to our resceu
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by Elnino4ladies: 7:02am On Jun 09, 2018
Nothing worth celebrating here.
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by toideve(m): 7:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Which data are they rolling over? My last 2gb subscription finished within 24hrs. I didn't download nothing!
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by lawrence35(m): 7:30am On Jun 09, 2018
There is something called burnrate in data usage, the Telecoms will just increase it and sit back to laugh at this new rules.

I don't think NCC should be at war with them, those fines won't solve issue... Just create rules that they should follow... And meet with them regularly to profer ways to improve services.

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by obaataaokpaewu: 7:43am On Jun 09, 2018
Data that isn't enough? My Airtel #1500 monthly subscription lasts just for a week and few days if I don't stream or download any video. Even the bonus they give me for calls after recharge lasts longer than my data subscriptions some times embarassed
I don't want to talk about glo cry
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 09, 2018
Do you want to study and pass SAS certification in one sitting? Call Temitayo on 08162644554. All study materials, past questions and exam mode software available

Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by oseiwe(m): 8:05am On Jun 09, 2018
will the subscriber be paid a percentage of the fine?
Re: News Of The YEAR! NCC Just Did It! by oseiwe(m): 8:09am On Jun 09, 2018
tunday4real:
#saynotocappeddata.
the sun is too hot here, the data has to wear cap. BlackBerry phones used to have unlimited in the hey days.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Huawei Or Gionee? / Hw 2 Update Techno Software Version / Camon 15 Premier Vs Redmi Note 8 Pro — camera Sample

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.