Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel (1480 Views)

When A Patient Dog Fatally Injured An Aggressive Dog / Why Ask For An Aggressive Dog When What You Need Is A Sensible One / An Aggressive Puppy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
My dog is too noisy and always barks nonstop when she sees strangers, no amount of pacifying can make her calm down, I am a not a fan of noise, how can I calm her down?? Plus she likes to play with wastebins and scatter the contents, what can I do to get a respectful and calm dog?? She is 7 months old.
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by adisabarber(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2018
DonPiiko:
My dog is too noisy and always barks nonstop when she sees strangers, no amount of pacifying can make her calm down, I am a not a fan of noise, how can I calm her down?? Plus she likes to play with wastebins and scatter the contents, what can I do to get a respectful and calm dog?? She is 7 months old.

Buy a training colar
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by dkronicle(m): 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2018
Calabar man needs to humble ur dog for you

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by tblackE61(m): 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bro I guess this is your first experience with boerboel! Well with my little knowledge , these are my opinion
1. U dont spend a lot of time with ur dog
2. U dont beat your dog when he does the wrong thing. Boerboel are fearful animal that loves to intimidate people with her size. So they need a lot of scolding!

Bro ur dog can not be as stubborn as my lady TASHA! Enough beating humble her thou till date she is still this stubborn let I really love.

DonPiiko:
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 08, 2018
I am always at work but I make enough provisions for her care, I don't beat her and even when I do I pamper and apologize, I read somewhere that it is not right to beat dogs, that it makes them scared.

Even walking the dog is challenging so I have totally resigned to fate. I will see if corrections will work for her, thanks for your advise.

tblackE61:
Bro I guess this is your first experience with boerboel! Well with my little knowledge , these are my opinion
1. U dont spend a lot of time with ur dog
2. U dont beat your dog when he does the wrong thing. Boerboel are fearful animal that loves to intimidate people with her size. So they need a lot of scolding!

Bro ur dog can not be as stubborn as my lady TASHA! Enough beating humble her thou till date she is still this stubborn let I really love.

Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by tblackE61(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2018
Bro u beat and pet her! I treat my dog like my daughter, if she does wrong I let her know that's wrong! That deoes mean I hate her or that doesn't make her scared of me.. Check my dairy in lady tasha

DonPiiko:
I am always at work but I make enough provisions for her care, I don't beat her and even when I do I pamper and apologize, I read somewhere that it is not right to beat dogs, that it makes them scared.

Even walking the dog is challenging so I have totally resigned to fate. I will see if corrections will work for her, thanks for your advise.

Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
You have a beautiful dog
tblackE61:
Bro u beat and pet her! I treat my dog like my daughter, if she does wrong I let her know that's wrong! That deoes mean I hate her or that doesn't make her scared of me.. Check my dairy in lady tasha

Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by ChiefAzubuike(f): 12:00am On Jun 09, 2018
DonPiiko:
If I were you I will simply sell that dog off to avoid all the noise and scatter scatter. That way you will have pear of mind.
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by tblackE61(m): 5:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Thanks bro!

DonPiiko:
You have a beautiful dog

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by animalhuman: 7:02am On Jun 09, 2018
That's how an active dog should behave but you were wrong for not training her, my dog was like that at puppy stage but i thought him some sense and he now behaves well just on command

My aunt owns a male boerboel too that plays like a crazy dog, Infact he's uncontrollable even while on leash or chained and that's because early trianing wasn't done.

So your dog is cute and normal and since you seem not to have chance often, maybe you hire a trainer to do the job for you

1 Like

Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by Jungpablo: 8:56am On Jun 09, 2018
DonPiiko:

well at seven months these are some of the things yu should expect in a normal dog and if yur dog was properly trained in puppyhood yu would have been reaping the benefits of training by now it's not too late though yu can start trying now and try to exercise and tire her out a little, try to keep her entertained and she won't have the time nor energy to scatter waste bin.
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by OsuGanja(m): 1:16pm On Jun 09, 2018
Bro wah i think u do is 2 train d dog....Does she obey basic commands ?
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 09, 2018
No she doesn't
OsuGanja:
Bro wah i think u do is 2 train d dog....Does she obey basic commands ?
Re: How Do You Tame An Aggressive Boerboel by OsuGanja(m): 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
DonPiiko:
No she doesn't

Then you have a very bad dog..Dog wey no get training na threat 2 u and others

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

... / Is It Advisable For A First Time Dog Owner To Get A Siberian Husky / Solid Male Rottweiler Puppies Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.