Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation (22960 Views)

American Man Traces Owner Of Wrong Number That Has Been Calling Him For 20 Years / Apple Announces Plans To Shut Down The Itunes Music Platform / Facebook Messenger To Show Advert In The Middle Of Your Private Conversation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by DaBullIT(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2018
decatalyst:
The platform yahoo boiz take learn their 'trade'

grin grin grin

grin
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2018
No empire last forever. You can confirm from the Babylonia Empire of old
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Mustay(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2018
Ezyp:

I think seun should consider WhatsApp number instead of YIM

Nairaland does not encourage publishing of phone numbers. It's just a phase. When Nairaland started, Hi5 would have been included but YIM was indeed the foundation for all the IM services we have today. From the pinging to the emoticon and all that.

I used to look forward to logging in and seeing messages that had been dropped by contacts.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Jasperro(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2018
people will still miss it

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by madridguy(m): 9:17am On Jun 09, 2018
Corruption as in?

brodalokie:

Yes they just give out knowledge and information freely. I think corruption is the reason for shutting down.
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by brodalokie: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2018
madridguy:
Corruption as in?

They relaxed or comprised.
Someone "tagged" Yahoo as The Titans and himself as Olympian, and Yahoo swallowed the hook
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by madridguy(m): 9:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Got you better now.

brodalokie:

They relaxed or comprised.
Someone "tagged" Yahoo as The Titans and himself as Olympian, and Yahoo swallowed the hook
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by brodalokie: 9:31am On Jun 09, 2018
Ghostmode2two:
No empire last forever. You can confirm from the Babylonia Empire of old

Actually it can.
Pagan Rome died to become Papal Rome. And that's how the deadly wound of the Dragon was healed.
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2018
kessling:
Started sex chat here that year

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by archymacho(m): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:
Me: Hello
Recipient: Hi

Me: I'm Ollah2, you?
Recipient: Mary

Me: ASL?
Recipient: 18, F, NY

Yahoo messenger was too ahead of its time. Everything that exist in today's messaging apps existed in yahoo messenger. Chatrooms, voice call, video call, emoticons, file sharing, buzz, et al .

Don't dull, don't sleep.

Yahoo slept and they wept
ji, masun.
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by pannyman(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2018
It was such fun chatting with people from Nigeria and around the world. It amazed me how easy it was for girls I met yahoo messenger to agree to travel halfway across the country to visit me.

In those days the girls were not so greedy. They just wanted the adventure. In 2005, one of them who came to Port Harcourt from Aba and spent two nights with me called back and thanked me for taking care of her even though I only gave her just 2,000 naira when she was leaving.

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Btruth: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2018
I see no reason why they can not just re-brand it. Yahoo messenger to me still better than the like of whatsapp. With yahoo messenger, you get to interact with foreigners especially through their games platforms.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 09, 2018
Whatsapp to join the train soon
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by pannyman(m): 10:28am On Jun 09, 2018
Btruth:
I see no reason why they can not just re-brand it. Yahoo messenger to me still better than the like of whatsapp. With yahoo messenger, you get to interact with foreigners especially through their games platforms.

Yes. It would be a good idea to introduce chat rooms like we had in YIM.

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:28am On Jun 09, 2018
brodalokie:

Actually it can.
Pagan Rome died to become Papal Rome. And that's how the deadly wound of the Dragon was healed.

You have gone spiritual
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by goldenprince1(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
What's your ASL?

Age, Sex, Location

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by elonize(m): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2018
Wat will now apen to my account na
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by brodalokie: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Ghostmode2two:

You have gone spiritual

What does it have to do with me? This is about Yahoo messenger, not me. What I am only saying is that it's owners or operators have a trillion dollars choice. You mentioned the demise of Babylon and I show you were Babylon is at now, living and kicking. Open your eyes
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by fancifulasuquo(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2018
embarassednothing last forever, na so nairaland go shut down one day.... embarassednothing last forever, na so nairaland go shut down one day....

even Facebook, etc�������
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by 9jaArea: 11:15am On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

Yahoo messenger was too ahead of its time. Everything that exist in today's messaging apps existed in yahoo messenger. Chatrooms, voice call, video call, emoticons, file sharing, buzz, et al .

Don't dull, don't sleep.

ASL was always the third question, Yahoo messenger was a trail blazer for all IMs.... I used to stay up all night at the cafe just to chat with some naughty white girls
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2018
I think Seun should add dislike button on NL
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by tiwiex(m): 11:27am On Jun 09, 2018
addikt:
It's good to give it a befitting and memorial burial ........YM served us well.....sleep well YAHOO MESSENGER !
To think Google begger yahoo to buy them at a time and Yahoo refused. Life sha.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Awwww I met my best friend in the yahoo room 16 years ago. Thanks yahoo messenger for bringing us together. 16 years together and forever to go. Sweet memories...
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Platform i use learn browsing and how to convince white women grin

And you want to govern Imo State
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by anigold(m): 2:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
TechZiga:
Oath Inc today announced that it is shutting down the once popular Yahoo Messenger come July 17th 2018. The service was once a very popular instant messaging apps back in the days, before the coming of WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Twitter and many others. The company says while it may be shutting the service down, your Yahoo ID remains intact for other services like Mail and fantasy sports.

Before now, Oath had also shut down AIM’s AOL Instant messenger back in December last year. Although the company gave no reason for the action, but it can be far from the dominance pose by the likes of WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and other chat service.

The company has been testing its new chat service call Squirrel for months. It is believed that this may be used to replace Yahoo messenger.

Source: http://www.techchairman.com/2018/06/yahoo-messenger-to-be-shut-down-on-july.html
what a pity..a company that refused to buy Google..
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Psoul(m): 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
Oh........My Old Time Yahoo Messenger
What ecstatic nostalgic feeling I feel for u now.

How I wish to roll back to those sweet beautiful years you brought us into a global contact to so many different ppl.
Good night beautiful mother of modern Instant Messaging Platforms.

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by taurusdude0(m): 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
ollah2:

Don't dull, don't sleep.

U use Yahoo messenger wella lol.back in the day things.we dey escaped boarding house go do night browsing that time mtn never show
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Abdulnur(m): 12:29am On Jun 10, 2018
lonelydora:

Surprised too. Who and who were still using it?

Probably in Wakanda. grin

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by Abdulnur(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2018
nelsonebby:

It wasn’t working before ooo.

Don’t know where these bloggers are getting their news from

Lol, bloggers must eat, by fire by force.
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by olowobaba10: 3:40am On Jun 10, 2018
WHO IS STILL USING YAHOO MESSENGER IN 2018 WHEN THERE IS FACEBOOK, SKYPE, LINKEDIN, WHATSAPP , LINE , WECHAT ETC ?
Re: Yahoo Messenger To Be Shut Down On July 17 After 20 Years Of Operation by brodalokie: 6:24am On Jun 10, 2018
olowobaba10:
WHO IS STILL USING YAHOO MESSENGER IN 2018 WHEN THERE IS FACEBOOK, SKYPE, LINKEDIN, WHATSAPP , LINE , WECHAT ETC ?

Skype is as old as Yahoo messenger. Go and find out

I must confess that yim had everything you could ever think of. I enjoyed the ability to be able to change chat environment. I was found of using snow flakes, autumn, friend forever and love. Very interesting. Also the unique icons and sounds

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download The Official 2go V1.0.6 Android Application - Unlimited Chatting / Tecno S1 Specification, Features And Price / Pes 2021 Ppsspp Download Iso For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.