Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (58066 Views)

Ochereome Nnanna Apologizes To Yoruba Nation / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Bluffly: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2018
contactwale:
Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers, has described the Yorubas as "sophisticated morons".

Nnanna made this assertion in his reply to a post on Facebook.

Areh Sunday, a journalist and an aide to Delta State Governor, while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari's declaration of June 12 as Democracy day on Thursday had gone to his Facebook page to express his disappointment in Yorubas for falling for the antics of the government of the day.

He posted:
"I use to think the South-West was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them"

Reacting to the post, Nnanna wrote:
"Sophisticated morons, more like"

This comment would not have elicited any reaction from me but for the fact that it was coming from the Chairman of the editorial board of one of the reputable newspaper houses in the country. A man of his status is expected to conduct himself in a respectful and responsible manner consistent with his function as an opinion-molder in the society.

Each and every newspaper is incomplete without the editorial section. They (editorials) are believed to be the heart and soul of newspapers. They display the values and policies of a newspaper and influence policy decisions.

A member of editorial board is expected to be matured, experienced, intelligent and well-informed. He must rise above politics, tribal and religion partisanship. An editorial member should be able to explain all the aspect of any issue in relating with past events, presents scenario and future prospectus. This is not the case with Nnanna as seen in this circumstance.

If this is the opinion of the Chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper about Yorubas therefore, one should not be surprised about the view and news policies of Vanguard newspapers about the race.

It is my hope that Vanguard newspapers will caution Nnanna and apologise to the Yorubas for the embarrassment he has caused them.

Wale OLAYANJU
This Idiot of an Editor is way stupid of his utterances. What gave him such an impression. He lacks wisdom and direction. Has he seen Yoruba's jubilating on the streets over the declaration. Even if they regard the declaration, of course there are blessings and joy in he midst of confusion. The Yoruba's cannot deny the elation but of course it does not form their political opinion at the poll.
Is this ballistics open mouth telling us that Igbo's have one voice? There will be staunch promoters and likewise the betrayals and so it is every where.
This shows how shallow in thinking he and his likes are.

In a sane country, Vanguard stocks would have drop, sales massively dwindled. No one should buy Vanguard again for the next 6 months, let's see what he got himself into

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by JAMESOJAY: 11:37am On Jun 09, 2018
The Yourbas are not only morons they are cowards, and slaves to the foolanis Masters..

I want the stupid yourba tribe to give me a reason why MKO should be made a national figure?

A man that is a thief with very low mentality
Abiola is a thief and a man of low mentality. (ITT-International Thief Thief- Fela)

Lyrics for I.T.T. (International Thief Thief

Them call him name na I.T.T.

Them go dey cause confusion (Confusion!)
Cause corruption (Corruption!)
Cause oppression (Oppression!)
Cause inflation (Inflation!)

Oppression, oppression, inflation
Corruption, oppression, inflation

Them get one style wey them dey use
[size=16pt]Them go pick one African man
A man with low mentality
[/size]Them go give am million naira breads
To become of high position here
Him go bribe some thousand naira bread
To become one useless chief

Like rat they do them go do from
Corner corner, pass-ee pass-ee
Under under, pass-ee pass-ee
Inside inside, pass-ee pass-ee
In in, pass-ee pass-ee
Out out, pass-ee pass-ee
Peep peep, pass-ee pass-ee
Up up, pass-ee pass-ee...

Then he gradually, gradually, gradually, gradually...

Them go be:
Friend friend to journalist
Friend friend to Commissioner
Friend friend to Permanent Secretary
Friend friend to Minister
Friend friend to Head of State

Then start start to steal money
Start start them corruption
Start start them inflation
Start start them oppression
Start start them confusion
Start start to steal money

Like Obasanjo and Abiola

There you have it. The verdict of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti

Yourbas are the problem of Nigeria
Stupid foolish and cowards

YOURBAS ARE COWARDS

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by omenka(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
400billionman:
What position or post has uwazuruike occupied in Igbo land? What is the name of the news tabloid carrying your online article? NEWS!
http://dailypost.ng/2018/02/04/igbo-foolish-tribe-world-uwazuruike/

Satisfied?
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by PointZerom: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
omenka:
Wow! This MKO stuff really cut these guys deeper than I thought!

Coming from one of theirs who could pass for an educated and enlightened man, I am really taken aback by this overt display of unbridled hate and jealousy.

What a shame! embarassed

Shut up. Goan defend your Benue people. Are you not ashamed that your voice has not been heared on Benue killings?.

Cc Lzza immhotep onyeoga

6 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by encryptjay(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2018
omenka:
Check out what an Igbo leader of thought said about Igbos.
Hahahaha grin
Political savages
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by PointZerom: 11:41am On Jun 09, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by encryptjay(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2018
DrGoodman:

And a Yoruba man said pooopooopoooo in a plastic bucket grin grin grin
Chai, nairaland yaf kii me. You guys be giving comedians a run for their money
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by PointZerom: 11:46am On Jun 09, 2018
Bluffly:

This Idiot of an Editor is way stupid of his utterances. What gave him such an impression. He lacks wisdom and direction. Has he seen Yoruba's jubilating on the streets over the declaration. Even if they regard the declaration, of course there are blessings and joy in he midst of confusion. The Yoruba's cannot deny the elation but of course it does not form their political opinion at the poll.
Is this ballistics open mouth telling us that Igbo's have one voice? There will be staunch promoters and likewise the betrayals and so it is every where.

In a sane country, Vanguard stocks would have drop, sales massively dwindled. No one should buy Vanguard again for the next 6 months, let's see what he got himself into

Cry me a lagoon.

Who cares if you buy vanguard or not?

Cc madridguy sarrki immhotep lzza yarimo yyeske liondeleo buhariguy cilicmarin throwback omenka
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Bluffly: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2018
PointZerom:

Cry me a lagoon.

Who cares if you buy vanguard or not?

Cc madridguy sarrki immhotep lzza yarimo yyeske liondeleo buhariguy cilicmarin throwback omenka
Oooobiiii grin

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:
Achebe said d bitter truth, pls live with it. the same Achebe attacked azikiwe with d same venom, go read the trouble with Nigeria!!!

There is no way I or other tribes or people all over the world can live with propaganda & falsehood. He never spoke lie against Zik in the book. He only said Zik did not stand by the Ibos during Biafra. He said Zik ran abroad. He had said it when Zik was alive. He released the book while he was alive. Why didn't he release ' there was a country' when he was alive. You hate Prof Wole Soyinka, but the Supreme God fought his course.

I don't need to waste my time with you, I was among those that replied Prof ABC Nwosu articles in Guardian Newspaper when he was defending Prof Achebe for his attacks on Awo in that book.

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by MahatmaGhandi: 11:59am On Jun 09, 2018
I do not believe a man in his position will be naive enough to make such statement. The account is either not his own or his account was hacked. Someone is eyeing his job from the look of things.

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by femmoy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 09, 2018
contactwale:
Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers, has described the Yorubas as "sophisticated morons".

Nnanna made this assertion in his reply to a post on Facebook.

Areh Sunday, a journalist and an aide to Delta State Governor, while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari's declaration of June 12 as Democracy day on Thursday had gone to his Facebook page to express his disappointment in Yorubas for falling for the antics of the government of the day.

He posted:
"I use to think the South-West was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them"

Reacting to the post, Nnanna wrote:
"Sophisticated morons, more like"

This comment would not have elicited any reaction from me but for the fact that it was coming from the Chairman of the editorial board of one of the reputable newspaper houses in the country. A man of his status is expected to conduct himself in a respectful and responsible manner consistent with his function as an opinion-molder in the society.

Each and every newspaper is incomplete without the editorial section. They (editorials) are believed to be the heart and soul of newspapers. They display the values and policies of a newspaper and influence policy decisions.

A member of editorial board is expected to be matured, experienced, intelligent and well-informed. He must rise above politics, tribal and religion partisanship. An editorial member should be able to explain all the aspect of any issue in relating with past events, presents scenario and future prospectus. This is not the case with Nnanna as seen in this circumstance.

If this is the opinion of the Chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper about Yorubas therefore, one should not be surprised about the view and news policies of Vanguard newspapers about the race.

It is my hope that Vanguard newspapers will caution Nnanna and apologise to the Yorubas for the embarrassment he has caused them.

Wale OLAYANJU

. Wen I saw his face,, I knew it was one of them.
Ethnic pigs.. Mad man. Middle finger to ur fada

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Tundeobama(m): 12:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
JAMESOJAY:
The Yourbas are not only morons they are cowards, and slaves to the foolanis Masters..

I want the stupid yourba tribe to give me a reason why MKO should be made a national figure?

A man that is a thief with very low mentality
Abiola is a thief and a man of low mentality. (ITT-International Thief Thief- Fela)

Lyrics for I.T.T. (International Thief Thief

Them call him name na I.T.T.

Them go dey cause confusion (Confusion!)
Cause corruption (Corruption!)
Cause oppression (Oppression!)
Cause inflation (Inflation!)

Oppression, oppression, inflation
Corruption, oppression, inflation

Them get one style wey them dey use
[size=16pt]Them go pick one African man
A man with low mentality
[/size]Them go give am million naira breads
To become of high position here
Him go bribe some thousand naira bread
To become one useless chief

Like rat they do them go do from
Corner corner, pass-ee pass-ee
Under under, pass-ee pass-ee
Inside inside, pass-ee pass-ee
In in, pass-ee pass-ee
Out out, pass-ee pass-ee
Peep peep, pass-ee pass-ee
Up up, pass-ee pass-ee...

Then he gradually, gradually, gradually, gradually...

Them go be:
Friend friend to journalist
Friend friend to Commissioner
Friend friend to Permanent Secretary
Friend friend to Minister
Friend friend to Head of State

Then start start to steal money
Start start them corruption
Start start them inflation
Start start them confusion

Like Obasanjo and Abiola

There you have it. The verdict of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti

Yourbas are the problem of Nigeria
Stupid foolish and cowards

YOURBAS ARE COWARDS
what the Bleep is your tribe problem with yoruba you better face your 5percent region who sabi you,we understand the jelousy on your face pmb will win 2019 was never his fan its now obvious you people are hating due to good relationship of west and north.your biggest mistake is you make enemies with everyone we will continue in 2023 and spend 8yrs Gods willing and you people will stipl be in Nigeria.then you will know real cowards and slaves.

4 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by tishbite41(m): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
babaolofin:

There is no way I or other tribes or people all over the world can live with propaganda & falsehood. He never spoke lie against Zik in the book. He only said Zik did not stand by the Ibos during Biafra. He said Zik ran abroad. He had said it when Zik was alive. He released the book while he was alive. Why didn't he release ' there was a country' when he was alive. You hate Prof Wole Soyinka, but the Supreme God fought his course.
he released d book wen he was alive. go check your records! he said d truth. as for ur cultist Soyinka, no one gives a mess about him. things fall apart is a classic no black man will achieve. go and check d numbers. men lie , women lie, numbers don't!!!
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by anaton(m): 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Yoruba people don't have anything in common with Iboes

Tell that to David Adeleke AKA Davido.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
Alariiwo:
Nnanna and his vanguard crew are fools..

Are Yorubas the ones stopping you fools from getting biafra? Useless nincompoops

Alariiwo of sophisticated m0r0n. Looooool

My belle ooo! chail
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Ojiofor: 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
Yorubas are roasting Ochereome Nnanna alive on his facebook page.
The man goofed.

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by elmodee7(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=Okoroawusa post=68309080]Nnanna,is a big fool

its sad that people like still nnanna exist. my advice to vanguard, sake the bastard and put the ugly beast where he belongs.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 09, 2018
Saintsquare:
If an educated Igbo could be this bitter, I don't expect less from illiterate ones.

"Sophisticated M0r0n"

New shirt label loading......

Loooool
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by ocelot2006(m): 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
sokera:
if Yorubas are not suffering from their region actions why are the everyone else suffering from it ? You are wrong , when Gej was in power yoruba suffer a lot but we didn’t spread hate speech , all we did was to wait for the right time to vote our choice ... that is how politics is played , not by hatred and bitterness ... igbos love Fayose but they failed to learn From Fayose on how he respect Tinubu no matter what, you can see that ? That is how we play politics in the South- west , it’s not a game of bitterness ... igbos are trying to also cause confusion by labelling yoruba Muslim and yoruba Christian... Igbos let me warn you , that kind of game can’t work in south-west ...

Oh I beg to differ on the highlighted statement. I'm not an Igbo man (I'm annang, SS), but you have to admit that the pure venom and hatred received by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan from your geopolitical region, especially after his administration's attempt to withdraw oil subsidies, was unprecedented. Hell, it's the sane vile venom and hatred that got Buhari and APC into power and totally polarized the nation along ethnic lines. Hell, even the President lumped the regions that opposed him as the 5%ers in his first official US trip, while some prominent people from the SW (eg the Oba of Lagos) made fun of the Igbos and even went as far as issuing threats. Even on this online platform, the tribal war between the Igbos and Yoruba's have been brutal.

One more thing, please do tell how the Yorubas suffered under GEJ cos I find it quite difficult to believe that claim of yours, ESPECIALLY when your tribe was fairly represented in his administration.

6 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by CSTR1003: 12:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
Bluffly:

Vanguard would actually record more sales now.
For Saying what the rest of the country is thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
Way too many "Sophisticated M0r0ns " on this thread.
We need to design a really nice T-shirt with that quote.
Boy it will be sell out.
Lol .
Ochereome Nnanna thank you for this one.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by adeolakemi: 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2018
Okoroawusa:
Nnanna,is a big fool

you claim you are Igbo but I have never seen you defend the Igbo course when Yoruba's are attacking but see your like attacking your suppose Igbo fellow because sophisticated slowpoke

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2018
tishbite41:
he released d book wen he was alive. go check your records! he said d truth. as for ur cultist Soyinka, no one gives a mess about him. things fall apart is a classic no black man will achieve. go and check d numbers. men lie , women lie, numbers don't!!!

He only gave the permission for the book to be released on his sick bed. The book was published after his death. The whole world know Soyinka. Pyrate Confraternity is a phenomenon.
The ordinances of earth, the triangular powers - the sun, the moon & the stars know Soyinka & the Yorubas, that is why his enemies are grounded. You know what happened, except you are pretending.

Your chiefs weekly, paid homage to Abacha, he died. The man you wanted dead (PMB) is alive. You contributed to the early death of Yaradua . The god of Nigeria is against you & the same god has not released you to form Biafra. You should have learned from Prof Achebe's case.

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by modsfucker: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
He has already swallowed his vomit

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
DeOTR:
This is uncalled for. Election is still like 9 months away and some idiots already think Yorubas will vote massively for Buhari just because of June 12 and some post-humus awards.
I bet most Yoruba voters won't vote for Buhari based on this and if anyone thinks otherwise, it remains to be seen next year.
This is an insult on well meaning Yorubas like myself. I think the Igbos will do well to refrain from this bitterness against the Yorubas.
In Yorubaland, everyone is free to make his or her political and religious choices without fear of being labelled an outcast or betrayer.
Igbos should not overflog this issue. Most Yorubas have probably already decided whether or not to vote for Buhari before now, and nothing can change the decision, not even if he (Buhari) brings back Abiola from the dead to rule for the rest part of his tenure.

Yoruba's would always be slave to their Fulani masters wether you like or not.

Tinubu would always deliver you gullible people to Buhari so calm and watch.

Yoruba's would hand over 2nd term to their master so stop ranting.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by adeolakemi: 12:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
gurnam:
I stopped reading vanguard newspaper many years ago. It’s a place filled with so much mediocrity
you Re broke to afford one
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by anaton(m): 12:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
The people castigating Igbos for the comment by the editor of Vanguard has forgotten that it was an Igbo umpire that conducted the most free and transparent election that declared Abiola winner and gave him the platform to fight for his mandate.

Truly This country is not one.

4 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
DrGoodman:

And a Yoruba man said pooopooopoooo in a plastic bucket grin grin grin

Lol.

Though, I am a Thoroughbred afonja, yet you made my day with this comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Northerners Carry Placards To Support Fayose & Show Him Love / Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline / Woman Pretends To Be Pregnant To Register Her PVC After 4 Days Of Trying. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.