Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad (1135 Views)

Benni Mccarthy Opens Up About His 'drug Lord' Friend / Reactions Of South Africans To Their Result Againt Nigeria / Super Eagles FIFA Confederations Cup Squad! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by opetope: 10:59am On Jun 01, 2010
South Africa's all-time leading goalscorer Benni McCarthy has been left out of the Bafana Bafana squad for the World Cup finals.

This must be painful. Not to be part of the world Cup to be hosted in country.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6183356,00.html
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2010
thats d price for not playing enuff games during d just concluded season.

Reverse is d case for our own Danny Shittu.
He neva played a game for Bolton. . . and he's in d squad!
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by Kx: 11:40am On Jun 01, 2010
Thats d difference btw a good coach-parrera and "some" coach-laggerback
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 11:40am On Jun 01, 2010
south africa's coach is a f.ool abeg!!!
wut rubbish
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 11:43am On Jun 01, 2010
^^Parreira's not a fool.
He dropped him for a reason.
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 11:45am On Jun 01, 2010
every1 has a reason!!!!
his reason makes no sense to me. . . u dnt leave out ur all time leading goal scorer, when he is fit
thats bullsh.it

there is more to this that meets the eye
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 11:47am On Jun 01, 2010
Tosin drop it!
if anything, Benni's not match fit.

remind me d last tym he lasted 9omins on d pitch
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 11:53am On Jun 01, 2010
bulls\hit abeg!
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2010
yeah. . . bulllshit!
wu cares?
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
person wey score for friendly na em no fit abi
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
South Africa does not have enough quality players for this kind of arrogance.

if Fabio Capello and the rest of England can wait on Gareth Barry, if Nigeria can wait on Obi Mikel, SA can have a place of Benny McCathy

wish South Africa luck though
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 12:05pm On Jun 01, 2010
guys, there's no arrogance here.
Carlos Santana axed him from d team for a reason
Parreira brought him back for a reason.

If he had anything against him, he wouldnt av invited him anyway.
i believe Parreira's objective enuuf 2 know wats gud for his team
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by RSA(m): 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
Benni was left out because he was too overweight,and also we have a group of players who play as a team,no egos,no superstars and they're increadibly super fit.South Africa has been begging Benni to play for his nation for a long time and now it is a time to dump him and let him concentrate on his club and his family,he once refused a call up while in South Africa because his baby by his spanish wife could not be left with anyone,so he had to baby sit.
I feel sad for him but South Africa is way too big and too important to be licking anyones azz,Benni is just a soccer player.
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by BloodShed1: 12:10pm On Jun 01, 2010
I'm not happy with the selection of alot of these squads.

South Africa now only have three strikers??

Nonsense.
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2010
this is sheer arrogance on the part of the coach abeg!!!!
yes he was left out by the former coach. . . that i understand, but this one i dnt understand!
its just rubbish!

how can u go to a competition with just 3 strikers?
no other striker in SA is half as good as Benny
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by RSA(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
Blood_Shed:

I'm not happy with the selection of alot of these squads.

South Africa now only have three strikers??

Nonsense.

We've always have problems when it come to striking forces and I think Parreira will use our midfield to attack,Tshabalala,Modise,Pienaar will do the job from the midfield.

'Disappointed' Benni McCarthy will now support
'Disappointed' Benni will now support
Posted: 2010-06-01 11:56

Benni McCarthy says he will now throw his full weight behind supporting Bafana Bafana after he was omitted from the final 23-man squad for the World Cup.

McCarthy, along with Bryce Moon, Rowen Fernandez, Innocent Mdledle and Franklin Cale, missed the cut this morning.

And while the West Ham United striker is obviously disappointed, he is not overly surprised.

"The final squad is a tough call for any coach to make and I am sure it was not made without heartache," McCarthy says. "My fitness level came into question after weeks recovering from my knee injury, but the coach still believed in me, as did I and the rest of the team , and I am grateful for that.

"No-one's place in the final squad is a given. We all gave it our best and pushed ourselves to our limits to make the cut. In the end it comes down to a head count. I am proud to have been given the privilege to have been capped in the South African national squad; unfortunately this time it was not to be.

"All the players who made the national call-up should be proud; we did not fail, we just didn't make the final 23. We are still a part of the team, if not the squad.

"We have a strong team that everyone will be proud of and I am in no doubt we will make our mark with the ground swell of support the team has been receiving of late.

"If the carnival spirit of the Super 14 semi-final and Final is a measure of the united support we are to expect for Bafana, then I see us excelling. My role now is to join in that support."

KICK OFF
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2010
tosinaded@:

this is sheer arrogance on the part of the coach abeg!!!!
yes he was left out by the former coach. . . that i understand, but this one i dnt understand!
its just rubbish!

how can u go to a competition with just 3 strikers?
no other striker in SA is half as good as Benny

but there r fitter strikers, aiight?
y'd u think Ike Uche was dropped
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 12:29pm On Jun 01, 2010
guy wetin u dey talk sef? ike was injured for 8months
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 12:39pm On Jun 01, 2010
yes he was out for months but he recovered, didnt he?
it was down to fitness.

Even Benni admitted his fitness cost him a place in d team
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 01, 2010
Is Benny McCarty more overweight than tshabalala?
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2010
benny is only play patritism abeg! no be say him like the thing
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2010
tosinaded@:

benny is only play patritism abeg! no be say him like the thing

Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by semid4lyfe(m): 2:02pm On Jun 01, 2010
Funny enough I think South Africa will have the best performance by an African team. I've watched them play and there is a sort of telepathy and understanding between their players that I haven't seen in the other African teams. Those guys dey tap soccer abeg. . .I tip them to qualify from their so called group of death.
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
^^they're d only African team that really 'prepared' for d WC
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tosinaded(m): 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
hehe south africa wil crumble like a pack of cards
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
we shall c
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by honeric01(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2010
tosinaded@:

because they didn't pick your fatty bombom
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Benni Mccarty Out Of South Africa Squad by tayoast(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2010
tosinaded@:

EAT UR WORDS!!!

(1) (Reply)

Siasia Is Not Good Enough : Soon You All See / Park Chu-young Undergoing Arsenal Medical Ahead Of Transfer / Nigeria Settle Bonus Dispute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.