Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo (27030 Views)

MKO Abiola: Tinubu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by DonCortino: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2018
The first sensible Yoruba man I have seen in a long time.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Cowbuhari: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2018
grin

waiting for Yoruba Muslims to coman tag him an Ipob

thumb up Afenifere.. if all tha southerners go get sense small like dix man ehhh,those Fulani bastards won't ride us all at will

4 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Toosure70: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2018
A reasonable leader.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Cornerstone2020(m): 10:31am On Jun 09, 2018
A Yoruba Muslim could not be this bold and wise

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by OShepherd: 10:32am On Jun 09, 2018
6Ebisco:
A chieftain of Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo says he and other leaders are not impressed by President Muhammadu Buhari’s declaration that June 12 will henceforth replace May 29 as Nigeria’s Democracy Day in honour of the late Chief Moshood Abiola.

He also stated that they were also not excited about the conferment of the award of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic, GCFR, on the late businessman.

The elder statesman said this in a chat with Punch.

He said: “But if he (Buhari) has now done it because the presidential election is coming, well, he cannot bamboozle anybody with that. What we are saying is that if he wants to honour the memory of Abiola and June 12, he should implement what June 12 stands for, which is good governance and democracy.

“He should restructure the country before the elections to show his genuineness and not just be playing to the gallery. This is because all that June 12 stands for is democracy and good governance. It is not about people being killed right, left and centre and pretending that you don’t know what is happening.

“It is not people being killed every day and after three months, you now wake up and say you are beefing up security. People have been complaining about the awkwardness of the lopsided appointments of heads of security agencies since you came into office, but it was not until now that the vice president (Prof. Yemi Osinbajo) said, “Oh yes, we are going to review it” – because election is approaching.

“We are no fools in this country. He should know that many of us have not got cattle brain, we are well educated and we know what we want. Nobody can come and bamboozle us because elections are coming. It is just like he said in 2015 that he was a born-again democrat. Now, he has shown us that he is a dictator. We are not moved by it. It is a welcome idea and yes, it is a thing that ought to have been done. But that he is now doing it because elections are coming, I am not excited by that at all.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/mko-abiola-why-buharis-declaration.html
Respect sir! I doff my head for your thoughts sir! Hope psychophants can see the truth here......

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by PassingShot(m): 10:32am On Jun 09, 2018
The Ayo Adebanjos of Yoruba never supported PMB in 2015. His and his co-travellers can't stop him in 2019.

MKO's children and his family are happy. Fawehinmi's children and family are happy.

Most Yorubas are happy. So, to hell with these worthless leaders.

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maestroferddi: 10:33am On Jun 09, 2018
michoim:
You and your family can't be impressed because you are an avowed enemy of this administration, and by extension an enemy of the well-being of the Nigerian nation and a wrong genotype of the true Yoruba race...
Are you OK?

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by OkoNDOoBo: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2018
Paperwhite:
He said: “But if....Buhari has now done it because the presidential election is coming, well, he cannot bamboozle anybody with that.

What we are saying is that if he wants to honour the memory of Abiola and June 12, he should implement what June 12 stands for, which is good governance and democracy.

“He should restructure the country before the elections to show his genuineness and not just be playing to the gallery.
This is because all that June 12 stands for is democracy and good governance. It is not about people being killed right, left and centre and pretending that you don’t know what is happening.

“It is not people being killed every day and after three months, you now wake up and say you are beefing up security.
People have been complaining about the awkwardness of the lopsided appointments of heads of security agencies since you came into office, but it was not until now that the vice president (Prof. Yemi Osinbajo) said, “Oh yes, we are going to review it” – because election is approaching.

“We are no fools in this country. He should know that many of us have not got cattle brain, we are well educated and we know what we want. Nobody can come and bamboozle us because elections are coming.

It is just like he said in 2015 that he was a born-again democrat. Now, he has shown us that he is a dictator. We are not moved by it. It is a welcome idea and yes, it is a thing that ought to have been done. But that he is now doing it because elections are coming, I am not excited by that at all.”

These are the kind of true Yorubas that demands equity & justice.A mindset every reasonable Nigerian should hav e.You don't dangle any carrots before them.
he should come and collect me and my family's pvc now. Buhari till 2023.
The idiot was not elected to speak for me and my households.he spoke his mind and should be treated as such.those that I elected to speak on my behalf is gov ambode my state gov.
Senator olamilekan yayi representative of Lagos west federal constituency.
Another mofo should be treated like a foolgrin

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by drlateef: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2018
Nobody denies that restructuring and good governance is needed. Even Buhari admitted he is not a saint. But to have declared June 12 as democracy day and acknowledged what Babanhida did as robbery and disgraced Obasanjo as dishonest Yoruba is a good gesture and must be commended. Buhari has performed better than all previous PDP governments in just his three years in office. The truth cannot be wished away because of hatred. Yes, Buhari has been slow in making major decisions, but he is far better than all the others before him. What Nigeria lacked most in leadership was integrity and uprightness. Corruption is the most important of all our illness. When this is curbed, a better leader will emerge in future who will build on his legacies and improve the system further. It is evil to wish that the years of Jonathan and Obasanjo in government should continue. When we weep, we still see what is coming forth (a proverb). Those who benefit from the rot will never see anything good in Buhari, but intelligent and pragmatic minds will see the vision in my statements. That's how Tinubu started the legacy in Lagos. He was also accused of several shortcomings in his administration. But what do we have now? A system of continuity and hardwork, coupled with vision has been projecting Lagos to greater heights. To build a house is not easy, to destroy it is a child's play.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by BabaO2: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2018
Bizibi:
His kinsmen here will come fr his head!!!!
he has said nothing, all of them are only afraid of 2019 elections, with/without June 12 declaration by Buhari, APC will still win with a wider margin than 2014 election. Buhari did what people have been agitating for.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Bizibi(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2018
BabaO2:
he has said nothing, all of them are only afraid of 2019 elections, with/without June 12 declaration by Buhari, APC will still win with a wider margin than 2014 election. Buhari did what people have been agitating for.
hehehehehehe!!!
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by BelovedBuhari(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Why won't we?

We know him and his ilks. They are an arm of PDP
We still remember how they fed fat from the emoluments GEJ granted them.

They speak for themselves. And they will continue doing so.

Sai Baba
PMB till 2023

Bizibi:
His kinsmen here will come fr his head!!!!
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by frankwyte: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Here is what PMB intention is: Get a divided opinion against OBJ who was our son in gov't, who didn't acknowledge MKO after his demise. But I PMB have done it.
Secondly, PMB will make OBJ opinion looks very dirty and unacceptable to command any respect among our kinsmen and win 2019 election and finally hit the Yoruba hard.
Here is the question: You conferred a GCOFRN on MKO without any entitlement, no privileges that makes him one? And my Yoruba fellows are happy.
If PMB means it, The election result must be announce, Name him as the President that never ruled Nigeria, restore all the privileges to him and thereafter grant the public holiday to him.
PMB should stop forthwith playing on we the southern Yoruba intellect, if any northerner wants to divide the south he uses us because we seem to be easily cajoled. I say enough is enough!

6 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Bizibi(m): 10:40am On Jun 09, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
[b]Why won't we?

We know him and his ilks. They are an arm of PDP
We still remember how they fed fat from the emoluments GEJ granted them.

They speak for themselves. And they will continue doing so.

Sai Baba
PMB till 2023[/b]hehehehehehe!!!!

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by nku5: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2018
PassingShot:
The Ayo Adebanjos of Yoruba never supported PMB in 2015. His and his co-travellers can't stop him in 2019.

MKO's children and his family are happy. Fawehinmi's children and family are happy.

Most Yorubas are happy. So, to hell with these worthless leaders.

The Ayo Adebanjos of Yoruba did not support the disaster called PMB and they were right.

5 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by luckyboss(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2018
Well said sir,
Thanks for letting out the truth.

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Baroba(m): 10:43am On Jun 09, 2018
Chief Ayo, na man you be, na dis one we dey call talking straight to power..Useless despot like Buhari claiming democrat..

3 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by BelovedBuhari(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2018
Only people with pig brains like you are acceptable Le to you.

Yorubas don't indulge sycophancy, that is why we don't mince words or wait for others to castigate before we face our own enemies within and reprimand them. The likes of OBJ and Afenifere (who are on PDP's payroll) are readily rebuked by majority of Yorubas once they speak.

Don't you remember how we sneered at them when they loaded themselves in buses and went for a phony Handshake-Across-The-Niger meeting?

Cowbuhari:
grin

waiting for Yoruba Muslims to coman tag him an Ipob

thumb up Afenifere.. if all tha southerners go get sense small like dix man ehhh,those Fulani bastards won't ride us all at will
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by BelovedBuhari(m): 10:46am On Jun 09, 2018
Hatred and BitterneSS has robbed your reasoning.

Buhari is God-sent. Or has any leader in recent times impacted the SE in projects as he is currently doing?

You can hate him all you want and tag him different names, you can't stop God's plan.

Sai Baba
PMB till 2023

nku5:

The Ayo Adebanjos of Yoruba did not support the disaster called PMB and they were right.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Charly68: 10:47am On Jun 09, 2018
Baba speak for yourself ,not for Yoruba race..stop using our collective image to gain influence
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by narorose(f): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2018
Talk from a wise man,all dis are just to please d Yorubas concerning d nxt election but I am very happy that d wise ones cannot be moved with d latest award

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Cowbuhari: 10:52am On Jun 09, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
Only people with pig brains like you are acceptable Le to you.

Yorubas don't indulge sycophancy, that is why we don't mince words or wait for others to castigate before we face our own enemies within and reprimand them. The likes of OBJ and Afenifere (who are on PDP's payroll) are readily rebuked by majority of Yorubas once they speak.

Don't you remember how we sneered at them when they loaded themselves in buses and went for a phony Handshake-Across-The-Niger meeting?

I knew you lack cmon sense tha moment you stated that Obj who publicly denounced and campaigned against PDP a PDP member....

go and look for your fellow head slammers make una discuss abeg...try get sense or stay off my mention

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 10:53am On Jun 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

God bless this man for saying the truth and exposing the true intentions of the demonic dullard called Buhari.

Only the foolish cursed ones will be shouting sai baba because of this evil deceitful intentions of Buhari.

I think you and your family are the cursed ones. All these old fools who talking about restructuring supported Jona in 2015 after taking money from him even though he didn't restructure anything in his 5 years on the seat.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by orisa37: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2018
Good and Supported.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by walezy14(m): 10:55am On Jun 09, 2018
Afenifeowo only represent themselves and not Yoruba. I expect them to be the first set of people to commend the gesture but because they fought for the cause from day one. If Abiola is alive today, he would have seen clearly the betrayal altitude of Afenifeowo. Afterall it is lucid the Afenifeowo has been bribed by Obj. They should not also forget they have just a vote or do you think they can compel anybody to vote against his or her wishe?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by eddyslim(m): 10:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Lipscomb:
Nonsense old age dey worry him.buhari has done well and he deserve second time.
Nonsense post
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by orisa37: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Oduduwa's Spirit.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by TheKingIsHere: 10:56am On Jun 09, 2018
maasoap:

I think you and your family are the cursed ones. All these old fools who talking about restructuring supported Jona in 2015 after taking money from him even though he didn't restructure anything in his 5 years on the seat.

So you are one of the cursed souls chanting sai baba because of this.

BTW GEJ did a confab which planned to restructure Nigeria but it is ur sai baba that threw it away.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by nku5: 10:57am On Jun 09, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
Hatred and BitterneSS has robbed your reasoning.

Buhari is God-sent. Or has any leader in recent times impacted the SE in projects as he is currently doing?

You can hate him all you want and tag him different names, you can't stop God's plan.

Sai Baba
PMB till 2023

How you can mortgage your future because of 20k a month from BMC is beyond my Imagination

You know once he wins in 2023 they will stop paying you ppl this peanut blood money and you will go back to facing the chaotic reality that Buhari has in store for you

1 Like

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by AreaFada2: 10:59am On Jun 09, 2018
remi1444:
-OBJ betrayed Awo to grant Shagari the presidency.

-Abiola was betrayed by Yorubas to trade away his hard
earned national mandate when Abacha bared his fangs.

-Oladipo Diya & co were condemned by their kits & kin even
before Abacha unveiled his real intension in the phantom coup
of 1995.

-OBJ betrayed Afeniferi even insulting them only to shamelessly.

come back to same people recently as the case of the chicken
coming back to roost.

-Tinubu was being undermined by the like of
Fashola,Fayemi,Amosu to consolidate their grip on power in
the present government.

-Same race is telling Nigerians that Buhari who leagued with
Abacha to deny Abiola his mandate & even killed Kudira is a
hero because he actualized June-12?
So much for us as a nation.

Hmmmm.....They will attack you seriously o. Some people think they have monopoly over wisdom, education, sophistication and common sense. So no matter how much truth you tell them, they will dismiss you as uneducated. That is their dilemma. They hate the truth unless it massages their ego.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2018
narorose:
Talk from a wise man,all dis are just to please d Yorubas concerning d nxt election but I am very happy that d wise ones cannot be moved with d latest award

The wise ones who always took money from the PDP? Lol. These kind of people hate Buhari/APC, I wouldn't expect anything else from them. But one thing I know, Buhari has shamed them all.
Buhari/APC is winning the SW, June 12 or no June 12.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Will Be Beaten Black And Blue, PDP Boasts / Issues In APC; There Should Be Primaries - Segun Ayobolu / Has The Nigerian Authorities Been Alerted To These Under-aged Potential Voters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.