Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo (27079 Views)

MKO Abiola: Tinubu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration / MKO Abiola: Fani Kayode Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration Of June 12 Democracy Day / MKO Abiola: Dele Momodu Reacts To Buhari’s Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by expert234: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
dedugba:
Who gave this man right to speak for the yorubas, the last time i checked, you did not consult me nor my elected representatives TO ISSUE A LUDICROUS statement on my behalf.
I am happy MKO's effort is recognized but that doesn't mean i would vote for him sha grin
i witnessed the event of 1993, it was a time of true unity, how sad that with Jonathan and Buhari it is a time of Immense disunity. The post of people across the Niger, speaks of the apparent hatred their tenure or election as well as their defeat has generated.

Mr Yoruba Muslim, we are not deceived by buhari's hypocrisy. You are free to get deceived if you so desire
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by expert234: 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
michoim:
You and your family can't be impressed because you are an avowed enemy of this administration, and by extension an enemy of the well-being of the Nigerian nation and a wrong genotype of the true Yoruba race...

Maybe because this administration had proved itself to be an enemy of the people.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by auwal83(m): 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2018
This Adebanjo man is a disgrace to Yorubas. Go use your PVC. You can't even offer a better replacement for the man you are fighting. This is the issue. They don't have a better person than him. They are just talking nonsense. Idiots.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by DonCortino: 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
BelovedBuhari:
You have dwelled too long in self-delusion. Anyone who is not sharing your views doesn't have sense is it?

You are really the one who has not been sensible for a long while now.

If one adds your hate, bitterness and bile to this state of being senseless, you might go down with a terminal disease.

Sai BABA

PMB till 2023

I dint accuse u of anything. I can see d guilt in u is already eating u up.

Get well soon!
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by CyynthiaKiss(f): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mayrock:

am in yoruba land and I pigeonhole all of them as same...yoruba is yoruba.....

is like saying igbo xtians and igbo Muslim

smh

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by dudebuck: 10:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
drlateef:
Nobody denies that restructuring and good governance is needed. Even Buhari admitted he is not a saint. But to have declared June 12 as democracy day and acknowledged what Babanhida did as robbery and disgraced Obasanjo as dishonest Yoruba is a good gesture and must be commended. Buhari has performed better than all previous PDP governments in just his three years in office. The truth cannot be wished away because of hatred. Yes, Buhari has been slow in making major decisions, but he is far better than all the others before him. What Nigeria lacked most in leadership was integrity and uprightness. Corruption is the most important of all our illness. When this is curbed, a better leader will emerge in future who will build on his legacies and improve the system further. It is evil to wish that the years of Jonathan and Obasanjo in government should continue. When we weep, we still see what is coming forth (a proverb). Those who benefit from the rot will never see anything good in Buhari, but intelligent and pragmatic minds will see the vision in my statements. That's how Tinubu started the legacy in Lagos. He was also accused of several shortcomings in his administration. But what do we have now? A system of continuity and hardwork, coupled with vision has been projecting Lagos to greater heights. To build a house is not easy, to destroy it is a child's play.
corruption is not thr problem, just one of the symptoms of the problem
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2018
AreaFada2:

I do not want to go into sentimental argument. But just to correct the medical opinion you included.

Appendix is not useless. It is a store for good gut bacteria. In the past and in many third world countries still, diarrhoeal illnesses are still common including dysentery. Such illnesses flush out good gut bacteria. After the illness, good bacteria repopulate the gut from the appendix.
Good gut bacteria are very important part of the immune system. We now know gut bacteria play many important roles in the body, including preventing obesity.

Decades ago doctors thought that Thymus gland had no function and "useless like appendix". I listened attentively when an eminent surgeon (prof) recounted how in the 1950s they (as young Oxbridge surgeons back then) jokingly discussed how anyone who finds out the function of thymus gland would win the Nobel Prize for medicine. Years later people did and got the Nobel Prize for medicine! Niels J. Kerne got Nobel Prize for it in 1984 and sharing it with Koehler & Milstein for immune system research.

Thymus gland trains and develops T-lymphocytes, crucial immune system cells. The immune system by puberty has developed and thymus gland shrivels to mere fatty tissue. Now even more important with HIV effect on T-cells. CD4+ T-cell count now important in HIV/AIDS management.

Babies born without a thymus gland (as in DiGiorge Syndrome) didn't usually live up to 3 years! Thymus gland transplant now seen as a great way to manage it.
Nice one. Any link to confirm this and update my knowledge?
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2018
expert234:

Mr Yoruba Muslim, we are not deceived by buhari's hypocrisy. You are free to get deceived if you so desire

2019 presidential election will shock the life outta you. Hope you know the population of "Yoruba Muslims" and "Yoruba Christians" so that you will be able to know how many "Yoruba Christians" vote for Buhari after the release of the result.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by 7lives: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2018
nku5:

The Ayo Adebanjos of Yoruba did not support the disaster called PMB and they were right.

But they COLLECTED Jona's Dollars on our behalf abi?.
Those Babas should go and SEMPE, eye don open, OJU TI LA.
They should first of all TELL US that they are NOT complicit in the death of uncle Bola Ige.
Abi dem think say we no KNOW say, if uncle Bola were to be alive, there is no way AD will sell out to PDP?.
Then they should visit MKO's children to CONVINCE them to REJECT the HONOUR.
EXPIRED ELDERS making mouth, they were DISGRACED in 2015, another disgrace is loading for 2019, yeye dey smell.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by 7lives: 11:34am On Jun 10, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

We all know that you are one of the ignorant paid zombies shouting sai baba upadan.

Here is evid3nce that Buhari was the one who dumps the confab report

http://www.punchng.com/news/president-dumps-national-conference-report-source/

Show us your own evidence claiming that GEJ dumped the confab report.

If you don't know, GEJ has already initiates steps towards implementing the confab report but elections were close which he lost.

So why has ur hero and saint dumped the confab report?

Buhari dumped Confab report?, are you sure you understand English?.
Buhari is NOT even a member of JEG government.

2 Likes

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by 7lives: 11:58am On Jun 10, 2018
edupedia:

.....there is no stupid extent this old men will not go because Tinubu pushed them off the limelight in Yorubaland.... By the way, they were also opposed to Abiola himself.... So this Papa is speaking for himself and the old Afenifere group that no longer has any significance amongst Omoluabis.

Tinubu did NOT pushed them out, they are like the proverbial Esau, they sold their birthrights for PDP's porridge and their lives have NOT being the same since 2003.
They JUST don't GET it, where is Ebenezer Babatope today?, this man is a STRONG Awoists who could not keep his eyes away from Abacha's COOKIES.
Babatope is still alive today but no one care about his existence in Yoruba land.
Who is Adebanjo when Ebino Topsy was fully in charge?, rada rada.
Eyin ti aja fi nba omo e shere lo fi nbu je.
The Afenifere crew have LOST the attributes that made them the mouth piece of the Yoruba people.
Yorubas have since sought direction elsewhere and they found one in Tinubu.
This is why I pity the likes of Adebanjo, it is not easy being irrelevant but, Omo akuwarapa ni won, omo akuyanyan ni TINUBU and this is what makes him the big deal in Yoruba land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by expert234: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
maasoap:

2019 presidential election will shock the life outta you. Hope you know the population of "Yoruba Muslims" and "Yoruba Christians" show that you will be able to know how many "Yoruba Christians" vote for Buhari after the release of the result.

We all know that the decisions of you Muslims are never based on logic or reason but o religion sentiment
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by TheKingIsHere: 3:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
7lives:

Buhari dumped Confab report?, are you sure you understand English?.
Buhari is NOT even a member of JEG government.
Did you even read the link I posted or u just want to comment
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2018
expert234:

We all know that the decisions of you Muslims are never based on logic or reason but o religion sentiment

It looks like you've read my post upside down. Let me try again: I was trying to tell you that you would be shocked by the time you know the population of "Yoruba Christians" that will vote for Buhari. Your useless religion sentiment doesn't apply to us in the South West because we're all living under one roof. Come and look at my extented family, you'll understand. Lol.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by expert234: 7:51am On Jun 12, 2018
maasoap:

It looks like you've read my post upside down. Let me try again: I was trying to tell you that you would be shocked by the time you know the population of "Yoruba Christians" that will vote for Buhari. Your useless religion sentiment doesn't apply to us in the South West because we're all living under one roof. Come and look at my extented family, you'll understand. Lol.

That's the lie you tell Christians when you want to lure them into your religion -sentiment-fuelled inclinations. That's how hausa/fulani also deceive middlebeltans when they want to deceive the latter for political reasons
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by maasoap(m): 8:03am On Jun 12, 2018
expert234:

That's the lie you tell Christians when you want to lure them into your religion -sentiment-fuelled inclinations. That's how hausa/fulani also deceive middlebeltans when they want to deceive the latter for political reasons

And here, you're helping them do the thinking, right? Like I said before, come to my extended family to count the number of Muslims and Christians and try to decide where their votes will go based on religious sentiment. This is a voice from the SW, not even pastors and imams can whip up religious sentiment successfully.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by expert234: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2018
maasoap:

And here, you're helping them do the thinking, right? Like I said before, come to my extended family to count the number of Muslims and Christians and try to decide where their votes will go based on religious sentiment. This is a voice from the SW, not even pastors and imams can whip up religious sentiment successfully.

You will be surprised at your own failings after the election
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by oladimejiidowu6(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2018
6Ebisco:
A chieftain of Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo says he and other leaders are not impressed by President Muhammadu Buhari’s declaration that June 12 will henceforth replace May 29 as Nigeria’s Democracy Day in honour of the late Chief Moshood Abiola.

He also stated that they were also not excited about the conferment of the award of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic, GCFR, on the late businessman.

The elder statesman said this in a chat with Punch.

He said: “But if he (Buhari) has now done it because the presidential election is coming, well, he cannot bamboozle anybody with that. What we are saying is that if he wants to honour the memory of Abiola and June 12, he should implement what June 12 stands for, which is good governance and democracy.

“He should restructure the country before the elections to show his genuineness and not just be playing to the gallery. This is because all that June 12 stands for is democracy and good governance. It is not about people being killed right, left and centre and pretending that you don’t know what is happening.

“It is not people being killed every day and after three months, you now wake up and say you are beefing up security. People have been complaining about the awkwardness of the lopsided appointments of heads of security agencies since you came into office, but it was not until now that the vice president (Prof. Yemi Osinbajo) said, “Oh yes, we are going to review it” – because election is approaching.

“We are no fools in this country. He should know that many of us have not got cattle brain, we are well educated and we know what we want. Nobody can come and bamboozle us because elections are coming. It is just like he said in 2015 that he was a born-again democrat. Now, he has shown us that he is a dictator. We are not moved by it. It is a welcome idea and yes, it is a thing that ought to have been done. But that he is now doing it because elections are coming, I am not excited by that at all.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/mko-abiola-why-buharis-declaration.html

This old man is an old fool. He is not happy and he will never be happy till he kiss the dust, He is one of the betrayer of June 12 who when to Abacha to collect money and sellout Abiola. He and his co-opts would for ever suffer till eternity.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by chernest2002: 10:37am On Jun 12, 2018
The wise brothers are talking soon he will be called igbo man by the gullible.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 16, 2018
ModsWillKillNL:

Buhari did the right thing.
It is never too late to do the right thing
Even if Buhari loses in 2019, Yorubas will always remember him for honouring late MKO.

Can you see why Buhari and Yorubas are smarter than you all

Abiolas best friends were Abacha, Babngida, etc.

Abiola sponsored many Nigerian coups.

Abiola was killed by his friends.

Abiola was never a nigerian hero.

U ever wonder why Bill Clinton listed nigerian democracy heroes n never included Abiola?

Go figure.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Obaf1(m): 7:58am On Jun 16, 2018
Lipscomb:
Nonsense old age dey worry him.buhari has done well and he deserve second time.
i discover there is a bold pain in ur brain but no p. Just mentain it ok cause no solution to ur P.
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Obaf1(m): 8:04am On Jun 16, 2018
oladimejiidowu6:

This old man is an old fool. He is not happy and he will never be happy till he kiss the dust, He is one of the betrayer of June 12 who when to Abacha to collect money and sellout Abiola. He and his co-opts would for ever suffer till eternity.
so saying the right thing is making you to call him names, change ur mindset befor wind blow it away from u, if my advice is not too good to u in 3-days, then go kuku ma see ur doctor oooh
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by Enice(m): 9:04am On Jun 16, 2018
1x2x3:
When sensible people talk they call dem ipob. This is a sensible Yoruba man who isn't swayed by political gimmicks not the riff raffs we have here on Nairaland. I can remember Yoruba elders warned against voting Buhari but as usual the riff raffs hiding behind keyboards did otherwise.
were they Afenifere sensible when they were bent over and licking GEJ's buttocks for a few dollars? They shot themselves on the foot when they took side in 2015. They are suppose to be seen as criticizing bad policies and not as an appendage of either APC or PDP
Re: MKO Abiola: Why Buhari’s Declaration Doesn’t Impress Yorubas – Adebanjo by narorose(f): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2018
maasoap:

The wise ones who always took money from the PDP? Lol. These kind of people hate Buhari/APC, I wouldn't expect anything else from them. But one thing I know, Buhari has shamed them all.
Buhari/APC is winning the SW, June 12 or no June 12.
Hmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Visits Bayelsa, Donates ₦‎50 Million To Flood Victims / The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State / Osinbajo Arrives At The Inauguration Of President Cyril Ramphosa Of South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.