Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) (29920 Views)

Reps To Investigate Umahi's Concrete Road Technology, Commence Integrity Test On / Picture Of Lekki-Eleko-Epe Concrete Road Under Construction / AG Dangote Completes Apapa-wharf Concrete Road, (2) (3) (4)

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by moorevic(m): 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
Seem pattern was used in constructing most roads in Aba due to the excess water log
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by ulonnaya21: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2018
The type of concrete pavement technology used in the construction of roads in Aba is second to none. They all have drainage channels. Very solid roads. And more of such roads are being built by the govt. It's a nice one if Ebonyi is using such technology in the construction of roads.

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by ashjay001(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
azimibraun:
They say its better.. But am not sure its for heavy duty vehicles.

If u had read d article at all, u would have read where it was said d tech was mostly used for tarmacs n heavy duty vehicles.

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Platony(m): 12:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
D roads in Majority of yr Pics are Uncompleted, why?

Concrete Road Construction is Too Expensive, Why Bear d cost.

Dave Umayi Is A Northern Puppet, no.matter what he does, He is Still A Failure in my Eyes

Concrete roads especially of such grade ar more expensive dan asphalt roads.
Its a welcome development though bt,..i pity d budget.
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by moorevic(m): 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2018
ulonnaya21:
The type of concrete pavement technology used in the construction of roads in Aba is second to none. They all have drainage channels. Very solid roads. And more of such roads are being built by the govt. It's a nice one if Ebonyi is using such technology in the construction of roads.
In as much we hate to admit it. Ikpeazu is truly turning Aba around.
Good roads like
* faulks road
* Osisioma
* EHere road (under construction)
T.A Orji was a psycho-maniac

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by OhiOfIhima: 12:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
Very nice Job dere Man... I am a Nigerian and I have the eyes to see good tins and appreciate irrespective of where it come from... Nigeria first before Religion and Tribalism.. Weldone Man

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by olametrix(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
And will it look like this wen they finish

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by souloho19(m): 12:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
These pictures making me remember Ebonyi. My Echarra compound o
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by islandmoon: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
SadiqBabaSani:
nweze like Umahi the man that will Ass lick buhari to spite His own people..... Fulani slave

Nweze I sense u are An aid of Umahi tell him that he is a Puppet of the northern Establishment, that his Views Curry more of Buhari Interest.

also tell him that he should look at his surroindinings, ask him if he has not noticed the fulanis from niger, chad and mali trooping in into his father land, tell him he will be jailed after buhari administration no matter how well he support buhari goverment, fulani will take over his state soon, buhari is another abacha appointing abacha cousins into government, and he will soon use the whole ebonyi as grazing reserve if he win the next election, all those illegal immigrants from chad have voters card and they will vote alhaji haruna as chairman in your local government

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Damlesky(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2018
olametrix:
And will it look like this wen they finish
gringringrin
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by olametrix(m): 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
Damlesky:
gringringrin

Becouse i want APC to surprised me with unbelievable change
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Idrismusty97(m): 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
It doesn't look pleasing. The thickness is too much compare to the reinforcements applied, It's gonna break off or leave some big cracks under intense load. There isn't no Joint at the middle what happens when Expansion and Contraction sets in.
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Orubebe01: 1:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nweze1986:
Other pictures.
Good job from the people's governor. I travelled through eha amufu-umuhuali rd last month when I visited home , in short I couldn't believe my eyes.
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by omenka(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
Wow! This really looks good and durable.
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by omenka(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2018
emmaliveth10:
Road construction without drainage ain‘t gonna last
I stand to be corrected, but I think these are intercity or interstates. From what I know such roads are HARDLY accompanied with drainage.. Water is just allowed to follow their natural course.

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by akereconfi: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2018
This guy is a paid a$$ Licker

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Harddiskng(m): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
Really.

There is joy in learning something new smiley
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Hisxellency: 1:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
Not aware of his crime(s) in the state.. The few times I visited Ebonyi, I fell in love with his infrastructures there
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Ayotemide(f): 1:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
I fear for the impacts from accidents, one throw to the road can kill instantly.
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Danobb: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
Martinsvp1:
Concrete pavement is good, but without proper side drain it won't last long,, I can't find any side drain from the pics above....

D topography doesn't need any drain, if d slope is good water will flow.....it's not all d roads that require drains...what they would have done was to fill d sides with laterite

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Truman155(m): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2018
saydfact:

about 4mm - 6mm Mesh in a road that's supposed to be heavy duty isnt good enough....

I would have expected T&B reinforcement except you're saying Tippers and articulated vehicles aint allowed here?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7235172_img20180609095446432_jpeg321ca8310a5e5a0a246961bcee99ba9c

The problem is its all gonna crack in a year plus are there enough expansion joint? the pics don't say so.

We're all learning
you are asking a useless question can't you see from the picture that there is an expansion joint there? concrete roads are more durable than asphalt roads

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by lonelydora: 1:33pm On Jun 09, 2018
Nweze1986:
Contact me.

Do i contact you also? I have a proposal which Gov. Wike is about to adopt
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
good development,dangote cement!
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by RecessionistPMB: 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Well to those asking of expansion joints, the roads actually have expansion joints. In terms of thickness, I must say such thickness can comfortably carry heavy axle lorries. To those saying the reinforcement is not adequate, it's likely you say such from an unprofessional point of view. Dynamic axial loads are more of compressive loads than tensile when it comes to roads, hence, nominal reinforcement is adequate since concrete is already strong in compression. More emphasis should be on the concrete grade/compressive strength used during construction. Finally, on the issue of drain, its provision is hugely governed by the topographical and geologic conditions available. It may interest you that the governor in question is a certified fellow in Nigeria Society of Engineers and a civil engineer by profession.

Nonetheless, in as much as he is doing nice job in the area of infrastructure, he should also be in the same page with his people especially when it comes to issues affecting his people.

To the op, I read in your post that rigid /concrete pavement is more environmentally friendly than asphalt /flexible pavement. It is not so and it has never been found to be so. In fact, concrete is not expected to be exposed to external weather conditions, especially water because overtime, its surface may become slippery, and you know the consequences of such. That is the reason while concrete is only used as a base course material while asphalt is usually used to cover it up as the wearing course.

Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Truman155(m): 1:45pm On Jun 09, 2018
Idrismusty97:
It doesn't look pleasing. The thickness is too much compare to the reinforcements applied, It's gonna break off or leave some big cracks under intense load. There isn't no Joint at the middle what happens when Expansion and Contraction sets in.
there are expansion joints at regular intervals on the road sir I saw the road firsthand when I visited recently and about the thickness of the road all i can say is that you have little or zero knowledge of concrete road construction. let me enlighten you! it is essential for the read to be thick to protect against failure at the top due to compression if the road Is not thick enough the concrete will fail at the top when loaded due to compression. At the bottom of the concrete failure usually occurs due to tension hence where necessary rebars or steel reinforcements are introduced at the bottom of the concrete road to protect against failure due to tension. This is the same principle applied in the construction of slabs and upper floors in buildings. go and see Eurocode or BS8110 code depending on where you studied or where you are based if you are interested in learning about reinforced concrete construction. Don't just spew trash in a public forum to gain political relevance. at least make your points valid
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by adecz: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2018
What is
the cost & durability,
relative to asphalting?? ........
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by yak(m): 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
symbianDON:
this is quite impressive! i wish the governors of niger and kogi states will wake from their deep slumber angry

plus the governor of Benue
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by OHIsIManuEL(m): 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
adecz:

What is the cost & durability, relative to asphalting?? ........
It's in the article up there, read it!
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by saydfact(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Truman155:
you are asking a useless question can't you see from the picture that there is an expansion joint there? concrete roads are more durable than asphalt roads

I'm not here to insult or get insulted at.

However, on the subject matter vertical expansion joint without horizontal ones wld lead to same effect.

There shd be an expansion joint every about 6m both Vertically and Horizontally.

Thanks....

We're all learning
Re: Concrete Road Technology In Ebonyi State (Photos) by Akanapiaigwe: 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
what about friction?

can cause accidents on wetting

Interview With Shem Obafaiye, "My Oga At The Top" After The Channels TV Saga / Obaseki: I Will Make Oshiomhole Irrelevant In Edo / Labour Party Criticizes Sanwo-Olu Over Closure Of Ladipo, Oyingbo Markets