Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls (6241 Views)

5 Interesting Things About Edo Women / The Misconception About Igbo Bride Prices / Is This True About Edo, Yoruba, Ibo And Calabar Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 09, 2018
Good day everyone,these issues have been disturbing as of lately,people tend to stereotype Edo indigenes girls precisely as either prostitutes or witches..

This is bad cause you cant just define a race because of few bad heads,its like white men call all Nigerians thieves and bad people,i know you know how that feels..so i am going to be addressing them one after the other..

1:All Edo girls are prostitutes(ashawo) and travel to europe;

See i live in Edo state all my life,i cant trade it with anywhere in the world,Not all edo born females are into that act.The prostitutes tend to have this notion that they can live in nigeria collecting 500 naira,5000 naira for different clients,they prefer to do the business somewhere profitable and invest the money here in their homeland.

As a parents you cant allow your child to go into sex business,it will be a disgrace likewise edo parents.They detest the act.

Note:Only prostitutes from Edo go to abroad and perform such act not edo girls entirely..

you will be suprise to know 85 percent of prostitutes in edo state right now are not from edo,but edo prostitutes are mostly in italy..i hope you get my point.

2:Edo girls are witches;
common man,this is the 21 first century,who still believe in those stuffs??i wont go into details o this because its too absurd an educated person can believe in voodo and magic,please look at things logical and solve them logically not all things are spiritual or needs spiritual intervention..

calling them these things is just like saying,all igbos are drug dealers,all yoruba are coward/betrayer,all ijaws are lazy/illiterate,all fulani are terrorists,all calabars are cannibals.....Which isnt true,which should learn to love and respect each other and accept our flaws to move things for the better.Lets do what our parents couldnt do for us..Making Nigeria better..

PROUDLY BENIN.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Adaowerri111: 2:53pm On Jun 09, 2018
That number2 is confirmed mehn
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Omololu007(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
There are more cross river and akwa ibom girls in ashawo house in Lagos than Bini girls.

Tribes with the highest proustite in Lagos are Igbo girls sha.

No one should quote me o grin

Kiss the truth cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dodelight(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2018
Thanks OP. My fiancée is an Edo girl, and we've been friends for over 10years now, and she is a proof that that myth about Edo girls is just a lie.
But talking about witchcraft, though I'm hearing this for the first time that Edo girls are considered to be witches, I think the reason for that opinion is not farfetched. Edo indigenes (not all, though) have this strong sense of their tradition; they hold it so dearly. And since part of that tradition include some idolatry rituals, their children are susceptible to wizardry and witchcrafts: I mean those who are still so unbending about their Edo/Bini culture.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Alariiwo: 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2018
Even from the name sef.. 'e do' meaning 'come fvck' you suppose know say problem dey.

Edo girls dey hustle, leave story

5 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Alariiwo: 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2018
Omololu007:
There are more cross river and akwa ibom girls in ashawo house in Lagos than Bini girls.

Kiss the truth cool

Na italy, France etc. you go find Edo girls, the other ones dominate the local scene in Naija here.

Why do you think their Oba had to lay a curse on their cash madams smuggling them abroad?
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dlondonbadboy: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2018
They don't live with their husbands. Only few of them marry one husband. They rather travel abroad and olosholize there. They are loud and always angry. Their first sons are mostly 'never do wells '..This is not just a saying...it's fact.
I love the benins. I lived over 20years in Benin, so I know what I'm saying.
Only the esan people of Edo state are hard-working. Their benin neighbours are the most laziest set of people on earth. A Benin man sits at home and drinks, doing absolutely nothing....
I love the benins...but truth no say make we no talk am.

2 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2018
dodelight:
Thanks OP. My fiancée is an Edo girl, and we've been friends for over 10years now, and she is a proof that that myth about Edo girls is just a lie.
But talking about witchcraft, though I'm hearing this for the first time that Edo girls are considered to be witches, I think the reason for that opinion is not farfetched. Edo indigenes (not all, though) have this strong sense of their tradition; they hold it so dearly. And since part of that tradition include some idolatry rituals, their children are susceptible to wizardry and witchcrafts: I mean those who are still so unbending about their Edo/Bini culture.
I dont believe in all those witches nonsense,i think poverty is the reason for this witches and wizards..

imagine a country where you have to pray and fast to get a job..
go to pastors for simple illness
even calling cats,bats,rats agents of devil..

Ask yourself why poor people are mostly consider witches??

I agreed we love our tradition and thats how it suppose to me,we arent israelites or arabs,we are africans and we are proud so i dont see anything wrong in practicing it

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Optional09: 3:25pm On Jun 09, 2018
Do Omome
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dodelight(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:
I dont believe in all those witches nonsense,i think poverty is the reason for this witches and wizards..

I agreed we love our tradition and thats how it suppose to me,we arent israelites or arabs,we are africans and we are proud so i dont see anything wrong in practicing it

That you as an individual are not a witch doesn't mean your neighbour isn't. Whether you believe it or not wizardry is real, and everything is not about poverty.
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dlondonbadboy: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:

Just thank Papa Idahosa...If not only witches would be in Edo.
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by DawatNama(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Edo girls are nothing to write home about though thy could be hardworking by sending money to their parents and siblings. I have been to Benin City. The most common business there is moneygram, western Union and betting shops.

No companies apart from Guinness, Presco and Okomu oil.

6 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by kabrudrapist: 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
[s]
Omololu007:

Kiss the truth cool
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dodelight(m): 3:29pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:

Like one of my mentors do say, which I strongly agree with:
There are two extremists: 1. Those who don't believe that darkness and principalities exist; and
2. Those who see devil or darkness in everything.

I guess you belong to the first.
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by limeta(f): 3:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
Esan people are near perfect people
People of peace loving
Very rich culture
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2018
All Edo girls are prostitute
All Edo boys are homosexuals.....
All Edo men are ugly eg oshimole, obaseki
all Edo old women wants to travel abroad.
proved

2 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
dodelight:

That you as an individual are not a witch doesn't mean your neighbour isn't. Whether you believe it or not wizardry is real, and everything is not about poverty.
I respect you opinion sir.

But dont you think a country where basic things of life such good road,power,jobs that there wont be someone to blame for certain misfortune?

I dont think most civilised countries blame things on witches and wizards

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:
Good day everyone,these issues have been disturbing as of lately,people tend to stereotype Edo indigenes girls precisely as either prostitutes or witches..

This is bad cause you cant just define a race because of few bad heads,its like white men call all Nigerians thieves and bad people,i know you know how that feels..so i am going to be addressing them one after the other..

1:All Edo girls are prostitutes(ashawo) and travel to europe;

See i live in Edo state all my life,i cant trade it with anywhere in the world,Not all edo born females are into that act.The prostitutes tend to have this notion that they can live in nigeria collecting 500 naira,5000 naira for different clients,they prefer to do the business somewhere profitable and invest the money here in their homeland.

As a parents you cant allow your child to go into sex business,it will be a disgrace likewise edo parents.They detest the act.

Note:Only prostitutes from Edo go to abroad and perform such act not edo girls entirely..

you will be suprise to know 85 percent of prostitutes in edo state right now are not from edo,but edo prostitutes are mostly in italy..i hope you get my point.

2:Edo girls are witches;
common man,this is the 21 first century,who still believe in those stuffs??i wont go into details o this because its too absurd an educated person can believe in voodo and magic,please look at things logical and solve them logically not all things are spiritual or needs spiritual intervention..

calling them these things is just like saying,all igbos are drug dealers,all yoruba are coward/betrayer,all ijaws are lazy/illiterate,all fulani are terrorists,all calabars are cannibals.....Which isnt true,which should learn to love and respect each other and accept our flaws to move things for the better.Lets do what our parents couldnt do for us..Making Nigeria better..

PROUDLY BENIN.

as of today am yet to see any analysis in Nigeria Igbo is not named....

All Nigeria are now suffering from igbophobia

2 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2018
Mayrock:

as of today am yet to see any analysis in Nigeria Igbo is not named....

All Nigeria are now suffering from igbophobia
I mentioned major tribes and their common stereotype given to them,so

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2018
dodelight:

Like one of my mentors do say, which I strongly agree with:
There are two extremists: 1. Those who don't believe that darkness and principalities exist; and
2. Those who see devil or darkness in everything.

I guess you belong to the first.
They dont exist.
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:
I mentioned major tribes and their common stereotype given to them,so

u try....fulani are not terrorists....

they are cow rearers....what a biased view of u.....

Buhari is a terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Just thank Papa Idahosa...If not only witches would be in Edo.
Have you seen witches before
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
lalasticlacla i am for benin please let clear this falsehood about edo girls
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dlondonbadboy: 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:
Have you seen witches before

Yup. I knew one. A Benin woman. She was my landlady when I was serving in Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by dodelight(m): 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
Stranac:
I respect you opinion sir.

But dont you think a country where basic things of life such good road,power,jobs that there wont be someone to blame for certain misfortune?

I dont think most civilised countries blame things on witches and wizards

Yes, what make witches and wizards have such high recognition in our part of the world is ignorance, which is a kind of poverty. Yet I tell you that it's not all about poverty, cause there are rich, wealthy and highly educated people who still suffer from demonic oppression. But since you said you don't believe they exist there's no point convincing you otherwise.
At this point I would have said "Ignorance is bliss", but not believing demonic operations and powers exist makes such person a potential victim of their activities.
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
They don't live with their husbands. Only few of them marry one husband. They rather travel abroad and olosholize there. They are loud and always angry. Their first sons are mostly 'never do wells '..This is not just a saying...it's fact.
Only the esan people of Edo state are hard-working. Their benin neighbours are the most laziest set of people on earth. A Benin man sits at home and drinks, doing absolutely nothing....
nah you dont love the benin,you are bittered.An average benin man dont sit at home and do nothing,we work hard,almost every rich man in bein have a farm he work day and night.

We dont go on social media wailing about this and that,we take things into our own hand,we dont blame..if you know Edo history you will know benin and other tribes there are closely related,we work together for our betterment.

4 Likes

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

Yup. I knew one. A Benin woman. She was my landlady when I was serving in Edo State.
and how do you know she was a witch,did you see her coven?

1 Like

Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2018
dodelight:

Yes, what make witches and wizards have such high recognition in our part of the world is ignorance, which is a kind of poverty. Yet I tell you that it's not all about poverty, cause there are rich, wealthy and highly educated people who still suffer from demonic oppression. But since you said you don't believe they exist there's no point convincing you otherwise.
At this point I would have said "Ignorance is bliss", but not believing demonic operations and powers exist makes such person a potential victim of their activities.
no i believe in law of attraction,if you keep thinking of demons you will see any scenario as one..
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
So you are trying to say all benin behaves like that?
Re: Common Misconception About Edo(benin)girls by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jun 09, 2018
Godpolymath:
lalasticlala i am for benin please let clear this falsehood about edo girls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Origin Of Ohafia War Dance (download MP3 Audio) / The Idoma / Nigerian Pidgin Bible Don Comot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.