Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands (21411 Views)

UNIJOS Student Abdulsalam Idris Beaten To Death By Course Mates Over N30k Bribe / Nigerian Students Amass Degrees To Stay In Europe / Abdulkareem, UNILORIN VC Strips Graduands Off Their Gowns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by davit: 11:26am On Jun 10, 2018
einsteino:

The bolded is the problem with our system. The Dean just openly admitted that there is a system that rations excellence regardless of how many people work hard and merit it. I remember there was a time when Electronics Engineering dept in UNN produced over 10 first class and the faculty sat down to slash their CGPA down to 4.49 cos of this same mentality of having more than a few first class is abnormal. A system that rations success is lethal.
You took the words from my mouth! How long are we going to be like this?
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by Asour: 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
einsteino:

The bolded is the problem with our system. The Dean just openly admitted that there is a system that rations excellence regardless of how many people work hard and merit it. I remember there was a time when Electronics Engineering dept in UNN produced over 10 first class and the faculty sat down to slash their CGPA down to 4.49 cos of this same mentality of having more than a few first class is abnormal. A system that rations success is lethal.

I think I understand where the professor was coming from(I.e. that the sheer number of First class graduands called for suspicion considering the Faculty's trend ) but he allowed himself to fall for the logical fallacy — of concluding— that the number definitely meant something was wrong, and not that the trend warranted a recheck of facts. It seems to take a lot not to fall for fallacies in this Nigerian environment — even for a First class Law professor.
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Na God catch them. Who knows how many excellently brilliant students they've frustrated out of first class?
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
einsteino:

Bloody sadists. Little wonder,
Nigerians go abroad to study and the average Nigerian gets at least a second class upper.
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by brojoshua: 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
What else do you expect from corrupt institutions
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by Lordfranklin(m): 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
dshe:

In unijos eh, careers are ruined. The school produces more pass degrees than any other. They purposely downgrade most students with the so called aim of "maintaining excellence". Holders of 2nd class upper are actually first class graduates and if you dare apply for remarking/regrading eh, I pity malaria.
You have said it all!
The stress in Unijos is something else my brother but at the end of the day, they'd end up frustrating your efforts.

1 Like

Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by lordtosan(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
Which one is law department Premiumtimes?

Law faculty please.
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by Idaok007(m): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
This is Nigeria..
Re: UNIJOS Erroneously Awards First Class Degrees To Law Graduands by Idaok007(m): 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
This is Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Complete Timetable For The May/june 2018 WASSCE / JAMB: Can't Print My Slip Please, Help / B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.