Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 (13080 Views)

Kebbi, Lagos, Jigawa Top List Of States With Unqualified Teachers / Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December / FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by labisibrass(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2018
Yeye
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by princetom1(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2018
bennymark:
Nice move

We keep complaining that teachers are not well paid, but nobody complains about the quality of the teachers in question, if the Nigerian education sector will ever get better, then not only the salary should be increased, the quality of the teachers should be reviewed

Teacher wey no sabi read
Teacher wey no sabi write
Teacher wey no dey come class
Teacher wey dey give students mathematics as note to copy
Teacher wey dey allergic to chalk
Teacher wey dey flog till person pikin die

Let's stop crying foul, I do not love El-rufai, but soon we will see the positive effect of sacking those dullards

Asides the political undertone to this move, 90% of these teachers deserve to be sacked, I rather teach my son at home than allow some teachers talk to him

How much dem they pay the teachers sef? U get wat u pay for
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by bennymark(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2018
let us assume they will employ graduates and pay better

princetom1:

How much dem they pay the teachers sef? U get wat u pay for
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by Maket: 8:48am On Jun 10, 2018
FG that has been keeping Contractual workers for over 10years without confirmation letter is finding the way to ask these qualified ones to leave because they will find it difficult to pay them if they were to be confirmed.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by IMASTEX: 8:53am On Jun 10, 2018
Story
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by IMASTEX: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2018
Kingpee2:
#THISISNIGERIA, why did you employ them in the first place ?
The question should be how and who brought them into the system? Offer them regular on-the-job training to meet up the standard before doing any form of screening out for those not measuring up.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by iamjavadem(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2018
Did you read the article?
Kingpee2:
#THISISNIGERIA, why did you employ them in the first place ?
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by iamjavadem(m): 9:21am On Jun 10, 2018
Sacked for saying the truth? Did you just enter Nigeria? Why do you think the standard of education has fallen?
nairaman66:
Federal government this and that! How did the teachers get the employment in the first place??

This is pure rubbish and this person needs to be sacked for saying this.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by iamjavadem(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2018
When Ghana improved, all the good teachers went back to their country so we had shortage of teachers. Ghana must go still fresh in my mind. Good to know they know they are tackling the problem from the root.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by princetom1(m): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2018
bennymark:
let us assume they will employ graduates and pay better

Don't assume, this is Nigeria where those who does nothing takes home all the money and those who matters earns nothing... How many graduate have u ever seen going after teaching jobs? They only do it as last resort
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2018
Nobody should be sentimental about education of children. Dec 2019 is one and half years from now. The teachers have to utilise this 18 months to upgrade performance or leave the teaching of our future leaders. However, the Govt must assist in this upgrading.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by Chelsea351: 11:21am On Jun 10, 2018
leadership by example... sack Buhari first... Dude gat no certificate ...meanwhile am off to Russia
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by FunnyDude(m): 11:25am On Jun 10, 2018
So Buhari want sack me by December.. Which money I want take dey flex Chidinma na
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by MarieSucre(f): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
I am worried that FG said this would happen in 2019. If they were serious they would have said it would happen this year. It reeks of overconfidence to slate it at a time when they're not even sure if they will be in government. What if the next government overturns it. This is a serious problem with Nigerian politics.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by Originalsly: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hmmmmm...why not now?...why give them more time to miseducate the children?
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
How did they become teachers in the first place?

They should be more concerned about getting recruitment correct. That is always the crux of the matter.

No mention of repairing the system to avoid a repetition.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
God help me pass TRCN exam, mine is coming up soon.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by justlegacy: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
The TRCN just want to be relevant by all means.
Most times teachers are born and not made. Most people that studied education courses don't even have the passion for teaching. Those graduates without education certificate but are naturally gifted in teaching are better.
It is not about the certificate, rather it is about the knowledge and how passionate u are in making an impact and a difference in the lives of the students.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by miniyi018(f): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
The private and international schools are not exempted.
Re: FG To Sack Unqualified Teachers In Dec. 2019 by ohamng: 8:16am On Nov 30, 2019
[b]The TRCN just want to be relevant by all means.
Most times teachers are born and not made. [/b]Most people that studied education courses don't even have the passion for teaching. Those graduates without education certificate but are naturally gifted in teaching are better.
It is not about the certificate, rather it is about the knowledge and how passionate u are in making an impact and a difference in the lives of the students.

[/quote]
That's my thought. Nigeria is all about certificate. Why will most private schools use secondary school leavers/graduate without educational background to teach and better than government schools with many NCE/BSC holders?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Blind Students Cheat During WAEC - Official Reveals / The Illegality Of NANS And Why They Don't Speak For Nigerian Students / Universities In Benin Republic Aspirants Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.