Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 (4161 Views)

Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only / Is There Anyway. I Can Download Ps3 Games From My Laptop And Send Them To My Ps3 / Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by femmo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2010
Is there any way i can connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3? If yes, How?
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by ogagusps3: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2010
U sure u want to use *comms? It'll be really slow.
If u want the easy less complicated (expensive) way, go get a 3g router.
But if u want the cheap way, just enable ''internet connection sharing'', plug a LAN cable from ur Ps3 to ur computer, disconnect the shared connection and connect. Go to ur Ps3 and enjoy tongue
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by femmo(m): 11:04am On Jun 02, 2010
Where can i get the 3G router and how would i connect it.What connection are u using and how fast is it? i can use your type of connection if it is fast. I have a friend that needs to fix his ps3 right here in lagos but he does not know where to go. Do u have any idea why he can get it fixed.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by ogagusps3: 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2010
Go to a starcomms office in ur area and ask them for a 3g router.
I use mtn which is faster than starcomms but they have a 3gig limit on most of their plans.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by ogagusps3: 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2010
I don't stay in Lagos.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by oneminman(m): 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2010
hey, forget about the router. U can use Internet sharing and some settings. All u need is ur laptop and a regular crossover cat5 cable ( the types used for connecting desktops at a cafe to the internet).( Also commonly called LAN cable) Then all u have to do is enable ICS on the izap settings and change ur ip address on both ur ps3 and ur laptop and it will work. i use the same connection and it works like a charm. If u've got any probs I'll help out.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by femmo(m): 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2010
Thanks.i will try that.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by xterra2(m): 6:58pm On Jun 10, 2010
@Poster i did it just with an Xbox 360
Okay on vista and Windows 7
Set up an wireless ad-hoc network
Onwidows 7 go here :Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
You shall see setup a connection or network then go to setup a wireless ad hoc network At first dont password preotect it and remember to save it
Then go to connect to without plugging the iZap right click properties in the connect to when you see the iZap connection and go to internet sharing and enable it then select wireless LAN click OK and connect and go online not from the iZap application but from the connect to but if it dosent work fine use the izap application then connect to the wireless network you created wait for a few mins 2-3 then go to your PS3 search for and connect to your network,
And hopefully it works,if it dosent try using a LAN cable instead of wireless, repeat the steps above,just that do not create a wireless network since it wont be helpful,
,this is ICS (internet connection sharing)
And before i go,i do this using LAN for my xbox 360 use wireless for my iPod touch and Blackberry 9700 and my sisters and brothers laptops so we can be browsing at a time with only one iZap,
Let me know if it dosent do
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by ogagusps3: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2010
xterra2:

@Poster i did it just with an Xbox 360
Okay on vista and Windows 7
Set up an wireless ad-hoc network
Onwidows 7 go here :Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center
You shall see setup a connection or network then go to setup a wireless ad hoc network At first dont password preotect it and remember to save it
Then go to connect to without plugging the iZap right click properties in the connect to when you see the iZap connection and go to internet sharing and enable it then select wireless LAN click OK and connect and go online not from the iZap application but from the connect to but if it dosent work fine use the izap application then connect to the wireless network you created wait for a few mins 2-3 then go to your PS3 search for and connect to your network,
And hopefully it works,if it dosent try using a LAN cable instead of wireless, repeat the steps above,just that do not create a wireless network since it wont be helpful,
,this is ICS (internet connection sharing)
And before i go,i do this using LAN for my xbox 360 use wireless for my iPod touch and Blackberry 9700 and my sisters and brothers laptops so we can be browsing at a time with only one iZap,
Let me know if it dosent do
Don't bother, Ps3s do not support ad-hoc networks
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by lakside007: 10:03am On Jun 14, 2010
I havw Multilinks 3G blue broadband but i dont know to connect it with my PS3, i have the LAN cable but i dont know how to go about it. please help!!!!
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by oneminman(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2010
Dunno much abt multilinks modem but I bet it has an interface on the network portion of ur windows. Just open network connections and right-click ur mulitlinks network. Click properties and click the sharing tab. Enable sharing from there. Then on ur ps3 use custom connection and input the following.

PS3
ip add-10.2.1.X
Dns -10.2.1.115
Default Router- 10.2.1.115
subnet mask-255.255.255.0

Pc
ip add -10.2.1.Y
dns-10.2.1.115
default router-10.2.1.115
subnet mask- 255.255.255.0

X and Y can be any number but must be different but close.

Then connect ur modem and connetct online. It shld work . If it don't, Holla.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by femmo(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2010
oneminman:

hey, forget about the router. U can use Internet sharing and some settings. All u need is your laptop and a regular crossover cat5 cable ( the types used for connecting desktops at a cafe to the internet).( Also commonly called LAN cable) Then all u have to do is enable ICS on the izap settings and change your ip address on both your ps3 and your laptop and it will work. i use the same connection and it works like a charm. If u've got any probs I'll help out.

@ONEMINMAN, i tried using the it but could not locate where where to enable ICS on izap settings and i could not get the ip address on the izap settings.please break it down for me very well.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by femmo(m): 11:16am On Jul 23, 2010
ogagusps3:

Don't bother, Ps3s do not support ad-hoc networks

@ogagusps3, Do you mean the ps3 cannot work without a router?
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by ogagusps3: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2010
femmo:

@ogagusps3, Do you mean the ps3 cannot work without a router?
YES, look it up.
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by oneminman(m): 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2010
Depends on what system ur using. If its windows XP go to network places u will see all ur network connections. If its vista u use just move ur mouse to the lower right corner of ur standard desktop screen and right-click the network icon. Then select the 'network sharing center' option. On the left of the screen u should see a bunch of stuff. Select 'manage network connections' and from there the modem options should be one of the network connections available. Right click the izap modem connection and select 'properties'. On the properties window move to the 'sharing' tab and check the 'allow other computers to share this computers internet connection' check-box. Select the home networking connection as 'Local area connection'. click ok. hen u can do the other stuff i said before. Hit me back if u got more probs. sweetly_high@yahoo.com
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by xroad: 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2011
Re: How can i connect my starcomms izap modern to my PS3 by damyylare: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2012
i Guys am dammy here,i came here today to make u happy and i knw hapines shld be ours.i came here with difrent packages and i knw those what i brought here to day shld be useful.I HAVE ANY KIND OF PS3 PHAT AND SLIMS AND ALSO HAVE LYK 7000 BACK UP GAMES WITH THERE FIXES. I HAVE E3 FLASHERS WHICH CAN LET U DOWNGRADE UR PS3 FROM ANY FIRMWARE TO 3.55 .I LIV IN ILORIN IF U NED ANY ONE OF DIS CAL ME AND I CAN HACK ANY PS3 JUST HOLA ME 08033947499.

(1) (Reply)

Good Ps3 Torrents And Recommendations / Play Pes 2021 Mobile With A Gamepad / The Sims 3 Pc - Cheats & Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.