Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation (49679 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / 89 Lagos Men Beaten, Violated By Their Wives In 15 Months – Commissioner / Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Mille: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mindfulness:

And these people tell you openly that they want a divorce to get rich? Come on!

Thought so.

Fair enough, isn't it? So what's your problem again?

How much money do you get on maternity leave and for how long?
What if you have a toddler? Is a 2-year-old supposed to be in daycare for 8-10 hours every day?
School? How long can a child stay in school in Germany every day?

Have you got kids in your household? Let us say the mother is a nurse and has to start work at 6pm, which means that she has to leave at 5:30? Where will the kids go if school/ nursery starts at 8/9 (?)? What if her shift begins in the afternoon when the child returns? What if she has a night shift?

And by the way, if these men are so disadvantaged, I suggest more of them stay at home to look after the children and get rich by sending the woman to work. grin

I think you are misunderstanding me. Child support is different from spousal support or divorce settlement.

The fees above are for the fortunate ones who do not have a legalized relationship/marriage.

That's for them to bother with. Every person for their own.

I learned most of my family values from my parents and one thing I know I learned from them is to do some proper planning on how to run your daily life before you think of adding someone else to the equation.

Besides, I'm even against taking shift jobs when you have a family to cater for, whether you are a man or a woman. It's safe to say the nurses conducting the study are safe from me as I won't be having anything to do with nurses. smiley

Maybe I should ask my Mama how she raised 3 boys without ever hiring a maid or a nanny while still holding a fulltime job she never retired from smiley

Lol. I think a lot of men like me prefer the ones who 'embezzles' the family fund but still go ahead to get richer by holding down a job.
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Aleora(f): 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Alezy:
madam Amebo. Hawayu
I dey oo
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2018
Mille:

I think you are misunderstanding me. Child support is different from spousal support or divorce settlement.

The fees above are for the fortunate ones who do not have a legalized relationship/marriage.

That's for them to bother with. Every person for their own.

I learned most of my family values from my parents and one thing I know I learned from them is to do some proper planning on how to run your daily life before you think of adding someone else to the equation.

Besides, I'm even against taking shift jobs when you have a family to cater for, whether you are a man or a woman. It's safe to say the nurses conducting the study are safe from me as I won't be having anything to do with nurses. smiley

Maybe I should ask my Mama how she raised 3 boys without ever hiring a maid or a nanny while still holding a fulltime job she never retired from smiley

Lol. I think a lot of men like me prefer the ones who 'embezzles' the family fund but still go ahead to get richer by holding down a job.

It's not about you. I want to know how a single mother who is a nurse is supposed to work full time. That was the question 'cause you said you do not understand why single mothers are often the poorest in the West. This is how.

Ask your mama. I want to know how she managed to work full time with a baby tied to her back. I want to see a doctor or lawyer or hairdresser or waitress doing this thing in Europe or the US. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Alezy(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Aleora:
I dey oo
was in ur town o. Some days
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Nobody: 1:45am On Jun 12, 2018
Mille:

The Key word is a PRENUP. If you ever think of marriage, think of a PRENUP.

Love this line of yours, Reminds me of the movie ‘Coming to America’ when Akeem told Lisa ; If you think of trash, think of Akeem.

Nice writeup by the way Large thumbs up
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Ayopedro(m): 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2018
karika2018:
@ ednut1....

my brother forget about that.....whether the girl is staying abroad or at home.......the united states and western european countries give the legal power to women..........

whether you are a good man or not has nothing to do with it.......when you know you have the power to get your mans wealth ..what do you do......

if you come to europe......and america you will see successful men....but inside they are very weak........

please go to youtube and watch MGTOW (men going their own separate ways)................

also read about different american state laws regarding alimony .......

marriage in the west is a risk and mistake...............

In america.....correcting your wife is trouble............she knows that she can divorce you and claim all your wealth.......

all my friends who are married here in america......none is happy.......

it is a big risk......

Prenuptial agreement is the answer....
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by GoodFaith: 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
All the issues above have no one size fit all solution
I am very bless not like the other men who has gone through hell
There are good women making the money and support their family still give husband respect
There are women making the money who doesn't have respect for the husband
take control from the man.
There are useless men their wives are nurses, their wives are working 16 hours a day to ensure the family need are met
If they are going to buy a house the useless man will want in USA $600k house why in Canada the $1 million house
How are you going to pay the mortgage? you hoping your wife will go do the 7 day a week and 16 hours a day
F that
marriage is a team but don't buy what you can't afford

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Ups01(m): 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2018
shaybebaby:

But she was also managing one schlong plunging her depths too so that particular equation is balanced. grin

As for the sitting on her ass all day, when we women speak about women empowering themselves and functioning autonomously, we are shouted down because we are feminists. Yet it is the feminist that doesn't believe in gender roles and finds it abhorrent that women aren't given/or utilising opportunities to be full participants economically and socially.

When I went through my divorce, we effectively split the assets equally, with me keeping the house but buying him out of his share, I took none of his pension and waived my rights to spousal maintenance. Why? Because I believe in my ability to pay own way through life, something borne out of my feminist ideology.
Food for thought for prospective grooms looking for brides. cheesy

Bro Saggy, will be okay, he has declared himself an eternal bachelor which is probably wise, because no one is above the law. If he finds himself in these sorts of shoes, the law will trim his ego and bank balance accordingly.

And if he has any issues with my write-up, he should meet me at London Bridge so we can settle our beef mano a mano. tongue

What exactly did you contribute to building his asset??

But hey, you know what? I don't blame you, I blame the western legal system tilted in favour of women
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by addictiv(m): 3:33am On Jun 13, 2018
Ups01:

Honestly, i feel like giving you a very dirty slap.

But hey, you know what? I don't blame you, I blame the western legal system tilted in favour of women
it's not like the man already had those assets before he got married to her. She too must have made sacrifices abd contributed to the development and success in his acquisition of those assets. So she deserves to be duly and fully compensated. It's very wrong for a woman who has been married for years to one man and one morning he decides to send her packing empty hand with the phrase "leave my house" not putting into consideration the effort and sacrifices the lady has made, no matter how little or big She deserves to be compensated.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by shaybebaby(f): 6:01am On Jun 13, 2018
Ups01:

Honestly, i feel like giving you a very dirty slap.

I'm in my house, come and slap me. Asinwin!

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Ups01(m): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2018
Ladies, Just because the law makes it legal to divorce rape a man doesn't mean it's cool.
God save us from hoes and gold diggers
Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

I'm in my house, come and slap me. Asinwin!
Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by lovemaths(f): 3:15am On Jun 20, 2018
iheartellah:
See epistle abeg.
Make pesin summarize Biko. undecided

Lazy youth.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Sagamite(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

clap for yourself.... sadly during marriage, the man was also accustomed to mounting his "ungrateful" wife 3 times a week with unrestricted access to her coochie, AND cooking and cleaning of the household etc but funny how this "maintaining after divorce the lifestyle you provided", only goes ONE WAY.

i am not against a man paying child support, nor him giving his wife a bit of money for her to start afresh with the kids in a sensible way, my beef is with DELUDED men who think that a woman should stay on her aass watching telenovelas all day, when the kids are all above 2yrs old. BLASPHEMY!!!!! if the kids are going to school, any woman should start working and earning her upkeep, even if it is by flipping burgers at Mc D's. in my world there are no free rides in life, and most men MUST understand that, or learn the hard way.

btw dont let bro Sagamite read your above write up o!

At least you are speaking sense virtually the way I would have.

shaybebaby:

But she was also managing one schlong plunging her depths too so that particular equation is balanced. grin

As for the sitting on her ass all day, when we women speak about women empowering themselves and functioning autonomously, we are shouted down because we are feminists. Yet it is the feminist that doesn't believe in gender roles and finds it abhorrent that women aren't given/or utilising opportunities to be full participants economically and socially.

When I went through my divorce, we effectively split the assets equally, with me keeping the house but buying him out of his share, I took none of his pension and waived my rights to spousal maintenance. Why? Because I believe in my ability to pay own way through life, something borne out of my feminist ideology.

As long as you contributed half or close to half towards the house, then it was a good divorce arrangement.

shaybebaby:

Bro Saggy, will be okay, he has declared himself an eternal bachelor which is probably wise, because no one is above the law. If he finds himself in these sorts of shoes, the law will trim his ego and bank balance accordingly.

And if he has any issues with my write-up, he should meet me at London Bridge so we can settle our beef mano a mano. tongue

Honestly, you really under-estimate how supremely intelligent, smart and clever I am.

No fcking chance!

I repeat: NO FCKING CHANCE!

I would beat her and the law hands down. I have spent years thinking of how and I have figured it out. She has no fcking chance!

I would win hands down and get the outcome I want!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Husbands Kill Wives In US –investigation by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2018
shaybebaby:

You're a divorcee?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, His Oyinbo Wife And Their 4 Kids In Matching Outfits Family Photos / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.