Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (15475 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Yoshy: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2018
brodalokie:

Speaking in tongue without charity is just like a sounding cymbal. And trust me it is very disturbing to the ears and will make you complain endlessly if it won't stop. Now that's hell fire on earth (wailing and gnashing of teeth).

I wasn't wrong. I am not also judging you. I only said the truth (light). So you can use it to see where you are at.

Christians or believers are often prosecuted by the law which can not be kept, thereby condemning them to death. This is when they are tempted to seek alternative help.
Isn't that right?

As much as live without the law will die without it.

To be clear, I'm not a Christian. However, I'm guided by the 613 codified law of God which most be kept. Will I fail some of them sometimes? Yes. However, the scripture made it clear a righteous man fails many times but rises again. In Jewish lithurgy it's called Teshuva (The process of return).

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Jabioro: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2018
Why do you have to go to hospital when you are sick? Is the church not a healing ground or a mere society gathering? OP face front l beg..
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2018
I Think its Ignorance + Fear and Foolishness.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Kingsley1000(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

ASK THEM.. THAT'S THE NEW TREND.

WORST PART IS THEY SECRETLY GO TO HERBALISTS.. BUT CRITICIZE OTHERS WHO GO TO HERBALISTS.

HYPOCRISY EVERYWHERE! grin
MUST U EXPOSE THEM cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by brodalokie: 11:05am On Jun 10, 2018
Yoshy:

As much as live without the law will die without it.

To be clear, I'm not a Christian. However, I'm guided by the 613 codified law of God which most be kept. Will I fail some of them sometimes? Yes. However, the scripture made it clear a righteous man fails many times but rises again. In Jewish lithurgy it's called Teshuva (The process of return).

Are you telling me? grin
I know nau
What I am pointing at is that sometimes the law will stretch people and shoot them to the other side. I am seen cases were the law renders even the grace of Jesus (who has the key of hell and death) powerless. Why? People who are pagans now running the show and Christianity is alien to our indigenous tradition, so they try to give it a fitting that suites the tradition. This is why it looks like there is no way out unless one tries the other side.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Tunagee(m): 11:22am On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:
Why do people go other places like herbalists and palm readers; even after praying in church?
Is it lack of faith?

Guy, naija church na show off, people dey go find solutions to their problems like money, husbands, wives and after they get answer dem do waka. Secondly, most Nigerian Christians are hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by newguy1(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2018
SAMBARRY:
you have said it all
These are the things that cause religious resentment or silent /hidden beef even amongst Christians. You will see Methodist beefing Anglican, cac resenting 4square,7day Adventist thinking they're better than winners, winners thinking they're better than celestial church of Christ

Speaking of which before I met some celestial friends my home church planted some bias and seed of discord about Cele. Our pastor claimed they're diabolical, fetish, superstitious and mix bible with fetish practices till I met a Cele landlord who treated me like a daughter instead of a tenant. When I told the man our tap water has spoilt this man fixed a borehole and tank for us free without collecting 5 naira. Whenever he is around he doesn't carry an air of arrogance or makes us feel uncomfortable around him and even when he invited me to his church and I didn't go he didn't use that to react negatively to me. He just said if you don't want to come to our church for now it's no problem but whenever you think you're ready, our doors are opened, we will accept you with open arms but pray about it and let God direct you aright. I couldn't believe my ears. I said so there are still open minded religious people in this world. Mind you he is a Cele pastor and his church is in front of the house I rented but even though I have not stopped into that church before, I listen to their sermons from home and I haven't seen anything weird from them
The bottom line is pastors create seed of silent enmity or bias amongst Christians on denominational lines instead of preaching on God working in us and through us. And by the way the reasons we have more churches and still more wickedness is because pastors subtly preach church loyalty and kindness. For instance if I didn't leave home and live with other denominations I will believe my pastor that Cele's are fetish
Nigerians will rather be kind to you because you are from their village or you attend the same church and not because you are a human being and you deserve to be loved because you are Gods creation
ur pastor may not be totaly wrong uu needd to see what the Cele that is on my street does, for example last week I saw them upload two completely white rams to use and most ttime we . Willl see their apprentice in . Complete red searching for odd things like lizard asking ffor local egg aand the rumours of the human spare part they use yah also sometiiimes we hear them speaking arab wordds once a while
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by SokizzRaven(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2018
hisgrace090:

Hmm! You nailed it, today church lack so many things.

Bible says in a church some will be this or that as in gift manifestation for the edification of the church but taday a man with just a gift will open a church without allowing those with other gift to manifest in His church so that they will not overshadow him.

What an irony caused by mans selfishness?
Churches never had anything, it is all entertainment and social activities nothing more. Let me ask how did churches came in to being? cause I never read anywhere that Jesus established a church during his life time

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Barblow(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2018
Those ones don't know who they are serving. Because the Bible made us realise that 'no man can serve two masters'
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by shynerd(m): 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
The Church, the Shrines, the Temples, etc are not different from alters where one channels the spirits in alternate dimensions. One is not better than the other, one can only say, some are more effective than the others.

There are worlds, outside the physical Earth and there are existences even on Earth outside what our physical eyes and senses can perceive. By conditioning our consciousness, we can access these realms and communicate with beings who can be of assistance to our quest.

Contrary to what religions make you believe, good and evil can be found in any place. There are bad Christians and there are bad juju men, there are bad angels and good demons. These are just nomenclatures of the forces of nature.

Do not get caught up in the misunderstandings of religions. When you ascend beyond illusions, then your mastery journey begins.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by sircrabo: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
Because they do not understand the Power of the GOD they serve
Christianity to them is just a religion
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by SAMBARRY: 12:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
newguy1:
ur pastor may not be totaly wrong uu needd to see what the Cele that is on my street does, for example last week I saw them upload two completely white rams to use and most ttime we . Willl see their apprentice in . Complete red searching for odd things like lizard asking ffor local egg aand the rumours of the human spare part they use yah also sometiiimes we hear them speaking arab wordds once a while
there are good and bad eggs in every denominations and there are also ritualists masquerading as Cele pastors or Pentecostal pastors. Matter of fact I don't care what denomination you are as long as you are a Christian whether baby Christian, church attendee Christian excluding fanatics, we are one body in Christ.

Denominations should be like body parts. I. e redeem represents the left arm, Methodist, right arm, catholic legs etc and then complement one another to be better Christians to one another and ultimately to God but it's unfortunate charlatans have made Christianity an instrument of chaos and divisions even amongst fellow Christians not to talk of Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by laurel03(m): 12:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
bennymark:
Why do you have NEPA, generator and even solar inverter?
you deserve Nobel laurel for ds...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by RexTramadol1: 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
Blame Nollywood!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Yoshy: 12:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
brodalokie:

Are you telling me? grin
I know nau
What I am pointing at is that sometimes the law will stretch people and shoot them to the other side. I am seen cases were the law renders even the grace of Jesus (who has the key of hell and death) powerless. Why? People who are pagans now running the show and Christianity is alien to our indigenous tradition, so they try to give it a fitting that suites the tradition. This is why it looks like there is no way out unless one tries the other side.

Paganism is a mirage, JuJu is a mirage too. Life is in demensions and the perspective you see from determines what becomes real or true to you. Don't take this literal "Darkness is the absence of Light".

There is ONE infinity source of energy, different entities may tap into from it and manifest, however it all depends on who is observing these manifestations.

The saying ONE with God is majority summarises all.

Whatever entity you tap from has its rules which must be kept, however it's ideal not to disturb the way The Almighty made things by trying to manipulate, but to tap from HIM direct.

When you start keeping these laws, then you will know that it's not that hard to keep, and as many mitzvot (law) you were able to keep, the much you will draw near to God who will reveal Himself more to you (removing more distortions from your perspective).
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 10, 2018
To most, church is just for show off. Which is what it is though

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by brodalokie: 12:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yoshy:

Paganism is a mirage, JuJu is a mirage too. Life is in demensions and the perspective you see from determines what becomes real or true to you. Don't take this literal "Darkness is the absence of Light".

There is ONE infinity source of energy, different entities may tap into from it and manifest, however it all depends on who is observing these manifestations.

The saying ONE with God is majority summarises all.

Whatever entity you tap from has its rules which must be kept, however it's ideal not to disturb the way The Almighty made things by trying to manipulate, but to tap from HIM direct.

When you start keeping these laws, then you will know that it's not that hard to keep, and as many mitzvot (law) you were able to keep, the much you will draw near to God who will reveal Himself more to you (removing more distortions from your perspective).

You have a good point. But in Christianity, those laws have no effect. It has all been summarized to the law of grace.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by AfDapone: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
People dey para o chei!

bennymark:
Why do you have NEPA, generator and even solar inverter?

Zoharariel:
Why do you use MTN, Airtel & Glo?

Cutefine02:
When d preacher goes to seek other powers. What do u expect the followers to do?

africanusvu:
.same reason why u omooba77 belongs to Nairaland.Facebook.and still belongs to several socialmedia platform.is it BC u av not got enough imfo in nairaland.still lack of faith

cana882:
Church is used to hoodwink people so when they finally succeed, no one will suspect their ill gotten wealth.

The points in the quote below is part of the sermon in an Anglican church, St. john Ang. Igbein, Abeokuta.

SAMBARRY:
you have said it all
These are the things that cause religious resentment or silent /hidden beef even amongst Christians. You will see Methodist beefing Anglican, cac resenting 4square,7day Adventist thinking they're better than winners, winners thinking they're better than celestial church of Christ

Speaking of which before I met some celestial friends my home church planted some bias and seed of discord about Cele. Our pastor claimed they're diabolical, fetish, superstitious and mix bible with fetish practices till I met a Cele landlord who treated me like a daughter instead of a tenant. When I told the man our tap water has spoilt this man fixed a borehole and tank for us free without collecting 5 naira. Whenever he is around he doesn't carry an air of arrogance or makes us feel uncomfortable around him and even when he invited me to his church and I didn't go he didn't use that to react negatively to me. He just said if you don't want to come to our church for now it's no problem but whenever you think you're ready, our doors are opened, we will accept you with open arms but pray about it and let God direct you aright. I couldn't believe my ears. I said so there are still open minded religious people in this world. Mind you he is a Cele pastor and his church is in front of the house I rented but even though I have not stopped into that church before, I listen to their sermons from home and I haven't seen anything weird from them
The bottom line is pastors create seed of silent enmity or bias amongst Christians on denominational lines instead of preaching on God working in us and through us. And by the way the reasons we have more churches and still more wickedness is because pastors subtly preach church loyalty and kindness. For instance if I didn't leave home and live with other denominations I will believe my pastor that Cele's are fetish
Nigerians will rather be kind to you because you are from their village or you attend the same church and not because you are a human being and you deserve to be loved because you are Gods creation

What i keep telling pple is if God is that wicked, u, a Christian and a Muslim hater, or u, a Muslim and Christian hater, since when has your God failed to make it rain on a Muslim farmer's crops or a Christian farmer's crops in order to prove that He is the God of Christians or God of Muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Johncuppa(m): 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Because the church today is not functioning in it fullness.some church focus only on the word.while some focus only on holiness.while some focus only on prophecy .while some focus only on prosperity.while some focus only on healing .while others only on miracles.Another on deliverance.That was never the plan of God for the church.God want his church to flow on all this at the same time .don't just focus on one area and neglect the other.preach the word of holiness and prosperity,then go ahead to heal the sick ,cast out demons and give prophecy to those that need directions.
Who are you?
You must be a revivalist!
You caught it completely.

And the agenda of God is, to now raise men who understand this fact and run with the revelation.

The devastating part is that some churches are not even known for anything.
No holiness, no prosperity, no discipleship, no miracle, no deliverance and all of such, yet they gather people every time for nothing.

God actually called some men of God, they are just too close to God that they heard Him calling them and the familiarity did not allow them to ask questions before venturing into ministry.

I actually don't know how men of God feel alright when their members are passing through challenges and could not be of help. It is true that we are not gifted in all areas but the Bible actually told us to desire/covet best gifts I.e. to seek to know how to function in other sphere but arrogant and wall of denomination will not allow them to do so.
They thought they are spiritually mature enough than to go and learn from others.
And the cycle continues!
May God help us.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Johncuppa(m): 12:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
uuzba:

Enough of break away churches. There are over 46,000 broken away churches. Trace your root back to the original church. It requires much humility and acceptance . That church is very much here in Nigeria and worldwide.
Don't tell me you're talking of Catholic.
If you are, you are making the issue more critical to solve
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by God2man(m): 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Fear of the unknown.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by MistadeRegal(m): 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:
Why do people go other places like herbalists and palm readers; even after praying in church?
Is it lack of faith?

You set the question and answered it yourself. Lack of faith coupled with spiritual laziness of being unable to pray over that issue.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Akinpelumusibau: 12:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry

Why do people visit Alfas and mosques and most times leave without their heads on their shoulders?

It's only on Sundays that you'll see posts ridiculing Christianity fly to FP without delay.

Well no matter what, God's kingdom Will prevail

Mr Man do u read the post at all? The OP is saying A, you are saying B. Please say reasonable point to educate people, abeg stop this your fanatic attitude on social media joooooooor
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by nisot23(f): 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
It is ignorance plus lack of wisdom that makes people go to church and still go looking for help in some other places where they will never really find help. When you pray and you still think you should look for help yourself, you simply don't know what your God is capable of. And the worst part is those other places will only compound your problems in the end.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by SAMBARRY: 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
Even oyinbo wey no dey take God serious, dey carry cigar inside pocket and light it after church
on their way home or go to church in casual T-shirt and jeans with palm slippers still show kindness because you are a human being and not because you attend whatever church. Even with my interactions with Atheist and humanist dey tend to show more respect, consideration and empathy than christians

My landlords life and his lifestyle towards his Muslim tenants and Christians who don't even attend his church is a better sermon than a fanatic who will be in the public bus preaching ,spitting on our heads and ears, ranting about those who will go to hell because they are attending cCatholic Church or because they're wearing lipstick or because you as a man is using perfume and other irrelevant church dogmas Christ didn't emphasize on
AfDapone:
People dey para o chei!

The points in the quote below is part of the sermon in an Anglican church, St. john Ang. Igbein, Abeokuta.

What i keep telling pple is if God is that wicked, u, a Christian and a Muslim hater, or u, a Muslim and Christian hater, since when has your God failed to make it rain on a Muslim farmer's crops or a Christian farmer's crops in order to prove that He is the God of Christians or God of Muslims?

We that now carry religion and denomination on our head are unfortunately caught up in our own domestic and national wickedness. You will see a grown ass man carrying speaker preaching about 5am Monday morning when people are heading to work and after dropping the megaphone he is gossiping about those wearing trousers or dressing up like Jezebel or scheming for who to swindle. We wey go wear big gele, or big Agbada, pray for 5hrs in church, sing and dance will still beat our house help because she mistakenly broke a glass plate. Honestly as far as religion is concerned we still are far from Christianity in relation to each other

Imagine chosen saying he cannot marry from any other denomination except his own or catholic saying the same thing that you will almost begin to think we're not all worshipping God or calling Jesus. This is the seed of discord I am talking about
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by McCoy662(m): 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2018
well I think it's because we haven't seen what we are looking for in the church.
I think Christianity is overatted... don't get me wrong here.
but the truth is that most times, we spend our whole life in the church, praying and fasting but life gets no better. some have been killed with juju even in the church. so many strange happenings has made many lost their faith in Christianity. for me, sometimes I doubt if Christianity is real because I have seen a lot. there are some traditional things that get bypass as per being a Christian.... u may be strong in faith but if u dare some traditional things, u will face the consequences.

Just like last month or so in Delta State, a man accused his wife of infidelity. by tradition, the wife is supposed to go for cleansing before she could cook for the husband again. but the man being an elder in the church opted for church diverance, the wife was "delivered" and she went back to her husband but few days later, the man died.

so for me Christianity and tradition has their limits.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Yoshy: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
brodalokie:

You have a good point. But in Christianity, those laws have no effect. It has all been summarized to the law of grace.

Then the grace isn't well defined. I met a sister that told me, she can do all she wants because she is FREE and has Grace, that's a classic form of bondage, when one aren't aware she is imprisoned.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by S007: 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
They are not really interested in God. All they want is the 'solution'. They don't care where it comes from. If it comes from church, so be it. If it comes anywhere else, so be it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Kizopumpin(m): 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
DIVIDE LOYALTY grin
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Omooba77: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
Tunagee:

Guy, naija church na show off, people dey go find solutions to their problems like money, husbands, wives and after they get answer dem do waka. Secondly, most Nigerian Christians are hypocrites!

May God help us sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Omooba77: 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
MistadeRegal:

You set the question and answered it yourself. Lack of faith coupled with spiritual laziness of being unable to pray over that issue.

You are right sir, may God help our faith!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Contending The False And Heretic Teachings By Obadiah777 / This Pictures Will Show You Some Of The Best Way To Identify A Witch Around You / How Come The Dogs Didn't Or Couldn't Eat Jezebel's Hands, Head And Feet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.