Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,578 members, 7,820,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (15503 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Themandator: 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
McCoy662:
well I think it's because we haven't seen what we are looking for in the church.
I think Christianity is overatted... don't get me wrong here.
but the truth is that most times, we spend our whole life in the church, praying and fasting but life gets no better. some have been killed with juju even in the church. so many strange happenings has made many lost their faith in Christianity. for me, sometimes I doubt if Christianity is real because I have seen a lot. there are some traditional things that get bypass as per being a Christian.... u may be strong in faith but if u dare some traditional things, u will face the consequences.

Just like last month or so in Delta State, a man accused his wife of infidelity. by tradition, the wife is supposed to go for cleansing before she could cook for the husband again. but the man being an elder in the church opted for church diverance, the wife was "delivered" and she went back to her husband but few days later, the man died.

so for me Christianity and tradition has their limits.

Titles are meaningless in the kingdom. Your title entitles you to nothing in God. You can be a Bishop and still die in the hands of witches. It answers to genuine relationship with God. A genuine walk is what guarantees your supernatural character. You need your imagination when walking with Christ because you need to SEE what he is saying not hear.... Habbakuk said, will stand my watch and SEE what the Lord would say to me.

When you get to the point of seeing what somebody is saying you have entered the other realm. Christianity is an experience. It is what makes it different from religion. If you have never had an experience of an encounter with God you are practicing religion.

You never heard his voice, never received anything supernaturally you are in a religious crowd. The danger of using the name of God to practice religion is that you are open to attack from the satanic enclave anytime

The most dangerous assemblage to be is that that is deprived of the presence of the Christ...... The Anointing and power.

A church can be first and still lack the real presence of the Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Themandator: 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
uuzba:

Enough of break away churches. There are over 46,000 broken away churches. Trace your root back to the original church. It requires much humility and acceptance . That church is very much here in Nigeria and worldwide.

What do you mean by original church?
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Slimsly100(f): 9:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
grin people want sharp answers to their questions fam
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Divay22(f): 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Xinzu:

Patience that will lead to death, abi?
Nah... When he says patience then something better is coming.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Gudlite: 9:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:
Why do people go other places like herbalists and palm readers; even after praying in church?
Is it lack of faith?
Is because they don't know their God
...People that do KNOW their GOD shall be strong and do exploits.Dan 11:32
God defined Himself in Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I AM THE LORD THE GOD OF ALL FLESH, IS THERE ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR ME?
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Yoshy: 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
brodalokie:

You don't understand. It's not your fault grin

Read what I wrote again. You will not even be able to commit a sin when you're tutored under the law of grace. You're either busy climbing the ladder of the stature of a perfect man or you are already perfect.
You have become the word made flesh.
The law has to do with sin and penance, death or sacrifice. But grace is so powerful that it will give you eternal life devoid of the law.
That power the serpent promised Adam was replaced with something more powerful through Jesus Christ.

Hey! What is this grace you're defining sef? Make me to understand.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by HausaOverlord: 10:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

WILL HE DESTROY BH OR FULANI HERDSMEN IF YOU ASK HIM TO? WILL HE ERADICATE ALL THESE DISEASES AND POVERTY IF YOU ASK HIM TO?

IT'S EITHER HE ENJOYS HIS CHILDREN BEING SLAUGHTERED MERCILESSLY, OR HE'S INCAPABLE OF SOLVING ANY PROBLEMS.

NOTHING FAILS LIKE YOUR GODS. YOU KNOW THIS. THAT'S WHY YOU ONLY ASK FOR THE SIMPLEST THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE BY MAN SUCH AS PASSING EXAMS, GETTING JOBS, OR STOPPING A HEADACHE... YOU NEVER ASK FOR THE COMPLICATED THINGS LIKE FIXING A DECAPITATED, DISEMBOWELED OR AMPUTATED HUMAN BEING BECAUSE YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN IT CANNOT WORK.

NO AMOUNT OF PRAYERS CAN SAVE A MAN WHO DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM FROM DROWNING IN THE ATLANTIC.
NO PRAYERS CAN CURE CANCER, SICKLE CELL, OR STOP A GUNMAN FROM KILLING HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT CIVILIANS.
TONS OF PRAYERS FROM ROAD USERS EVERYDAY AGAINST ACCIDENTS.... IF YOU LIVE CLOSE TO A HOSPITAL, THE EMERGENCY SIRENS AND WAILING OF WOUNDED PEOPLE AND RELATIVES OF DEAD PERSONS IS ENDLESS.

WHAT WE NEED IS TO STOP LIVING IN IGNORANCE AND DENIAL OF THE BASIC TRUTH THAT THE GODS ARE NOTHING BUT IDEAS MADE UP BY MEN AGES AGO... AND PRAYERS ARE WORTHLESS.
TALKING TO YOURSELF (PRAYING) HAS NEVER AND CAN NEVER SOLVE A THING.
bro u deserve a chilled bottle of ur brand.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by brodalokie: 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yoshy:

Hey! What is this grace you're defining sef? Make me to understand.

It is not easy to explain. It is an experience.
You will have to be under my tutelage to experience it. You are aware that salvation is personal, right?
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by pressplay411(m): 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Because the church today is not functioning in it fullness.some church focus only on the word.while some focus only on holiness.while some focus only on prophecy .while some focus only on prosperity.while some focus only on healing .while others only on miracles.Another on deliverance.That was never the plan of God for the church.God want his church to flow on all this at the same time .don't just focus on one area and neglect the other.preach the word of holiness and prosperity,then go ahead to heal the sick ,cast out demons and give prophecy to those that need directions.

Good question and answer.
But of a truth, the person was never a christian but a church goer.
God doesn't want us depending on pastors or prophets as the only ones who can hear God. He wants to have a personal relationship with you and I as He did in the beginning with Adam and Eve. As He did with Jesus and the apostles and early Christians.

But alas, we go to church for our selfish reason. People go to church with the same religious mentality as if church is supposed to function as sooth-sayer or medium or native doctor.
The church is only a place to help you know God. To help you who is seeking God to find Him and begin your relationship with Him. After this, all other things you need will be added unto you.
But unfortunately we have put the cart before the horse. We expect God to heal us or bless us or provide job, wife, children, husband first then we will serve Him.

Of a truth, just seek to know who this Jesus Christ is and you will be mindblown.
The problem is we have too many unworthy labourers pastoring churchs who misinterprete and misdoctrinate the gospel reducing it to just another religion.

I urge you to start putting the horse begore the cart henceforth and you will be amazed how God will Himself reveal your solutions to you grafually. Patience is a Virtue and Humility is the key.

Peace and Grace be unto us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

IPOB/UGM/ ESN Killings: Chosen Church Moves Popular Crusade From Imo To Lagos / Pastor Ighodalo Leads Late Wife’s Foundation In Outreach To Babies (Photos) / God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.