Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,714 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? (15514 Views)

Apostle Kenneth Kenny Kills A Dog, Eats It Raw In Church And Feeds Members / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Where Will Mad People Go To: Heaven Or Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Johncuppa(m): 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2018
chuksey1:
Africa is a complex place to practice true Christianity. If you don't have backup they go quench you. Even the so called over spiritual people that do not go to herbalist have evil powers that they use to disturb others.. So make all of us they deceive ourselves na God go judge the matter.. .
It is the true Christianity you mentioned that is actually not in place.
The disciples rendered evil powers useless in their days.
It is the lacking of power as of old that is missing and the reason people are looking for alternatives.
By the way, running to other places does not necessarily mean evil places but may be from one Church to mountain and all of such.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by hisgrace090: 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
SokizzRaven:

Churches never had anything, it is all entertainment and social activities nothing more. Let me ask how did churches came in to being? cause I never read anywhere that Jesus established a church during his life time

He Jesus establish non. He rather ask his fellowers to preach from house to house.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by newguy1(m): 2:54pm On Jun 10, 2018
SAMBARRY:
there are good and bad eggs in every denominations and there are also ritualists masquerading as Cele pastors or Pentecostal pastors. Matter of fact I don't care what denomination you are as long as you are a Christian whether baby Christian, church attendee Christian excluding fanatics, we are one body in Christ.

Denominations should be like body parts. I. e redeem represents the left arm, Methodist, right arm, catholic legs etc and then complement one another to be better Christians to one another and ultimately to God but it's unfortunate charlatans have made Christianity an instrument of chaos and divisions even amongst fellow Christians not to talk of Muslims.

bro . Yes . Sure but we havve 3 of them on my . Street one even haad a case with tthe state for going into the cementary to exhume corpses to use and sell. In all ramification I can't meet a girl that visit them and have anything to do with them , their passpectiive to life is different they see the world as if u don't do diabolic thing u can't succeed
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by allpower: 3:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
lack of deep believe in God, because human being itself did mostly don't know him/herself, urgency commonly etclack of deep believe in God, because human being itself did mostly don't know him/herself, urgency commonly etclack of deep believe in God, because human being itself did mostly don't know him/herself, urgency commonly etc
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by SAMBARRY: 3:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
newguy1:
bro . Yes . Sure but we havve 3 of them on my . Street one even haad a case with tthe state for going into the cementary to exhume corpses to use and sell. In all ramification I can't meet a girl that visit them and have anything to do with them , their passpectiive to life is different they see the world as if u don't do diabolic thing u can't succeed
then that is obviously not a church. By their fruits you shall know them. It's just like saying that because you went to a single church which is not actually a church in the first place but a shrine camouflaging as a church and then you now say that's how all churches are, you will be living in error. There are bad churches everywhere and it's your responsibility to discern which is false, The one you mentioned is false. The Cele in front of my house pray like mfm
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by prinzfavian(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2018
Though the primary reason is "lack of faith", but in actual sense... They are all the same... Both Christendom and traditional religion... "False religion".... So it's more like interfaith... Lol, deluded folks.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by orisa37: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Myopic Superstition !!!
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by bennymark(m): 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
I go happy o grin grin
laurel03:
you deserve Nobel laurel for ds...
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by imhere: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
They simply like the understanding of God's word and the application of it. James 1:6-7 explains their situation
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Chochovini: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
Equilibrium959:
They give their life's to Christ on Sunday and collect it back on Monday...

So sad�
LOLssssssssssss...!!!
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
People are desperate for miracles even if it's the devil that offer it. Most of the people who patronize them are BARREN WOMEN AND HUSBAND HUNTERS

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
People are desperate for miracles even if it's the devil that offer it. Most of the people who patronize them are BARREN WOMEN AND HUSBAND HUNTERS.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Chochovini: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
oluwaahmed:

The real hypocrites are Muslims like u on nairaland; who comment freely on Christian threads but require non Islamists to swear allegiance possibly with even an isis flag before I can comment on Muslim threads.
Please dear, I just dont know how to bless U 4 dis comment. In fact, you‘ve just made my day and may God richly bless you 4 Me anywhere U are.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Because the church today is not functioning in it fullness.some church focus only on the word.while some focus only on holiness.while some focus only on prophecy .while some focus only on prosperity.while some focus only on healing .while others only on miracles.Another on deliverance.That was never the plan of God for the church.God want his church to flow on all this at the same time .don't just focus on one area and neglect the other.preach the word of holiness and prosperity,then go ahead to heal the sick ,cast out demons and give prophecy to those that need directions.
God bless you richly
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
kereman1:
Why must u direct d question to only christains?
Other religion are not exempted
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry

Why do people visit Alfas and mosques and most times leave without their heads on their shoulders?

It's only on Sundays that you'll see posts ridiculing Christianity fly to FP without delay.

Well no matter what, God's kingdom Will prevail
What do expect when the controllers are anti Christ
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 10, 2018
SAMBARRY:
you have said it all
These are the things that cause religious resentment or silent /hidden beef even amongst Christians. You will see Methodist beefing Anglican, cac resenting 4square,7day Adventist thinking they're better than winners, winners thinking they're better than celestial church of Christ

Speaking of which before I met some celestial friends my home church planted some bias and seed of discord about Cele. Our pastor claimed they're diabolical, fetish, superstitious and mix bible with fetish practices till I met a Cele landlord who treated me like a daughter instead of a tenant. When I told the man our tap water has spoilt this man fixed a borehole and tank for us free without collecting 5 naira. Whenever he is around he doesn't carry an air of arrogance or makes us feel uncomfortable around him and even when he invited me to his church and I didn't go he didn't use that to react negatively to me. He just said if you don't want to come to our church for now it's no problem but whenever you think you're ready, our doors are opened, we will accept you with open arms but pray about it and let God direct you aright. I couldn't believe my ears. I said so there are still open minded religious people in this world. Mind you he is a Cele pastor and his church is in front of the house I rented but even though I have not stopped into that church before, I listen to their sermons from home and I haven't seen anything weird from them
The bottom line is pastors create seed of silent enmity or bias amongst Christians on denominational lines instead of preaching on God working in us and through us. And by the way the reasons we have more churches and still more wickedness is because pastors subtly preach church loyalty and kindness. For instance if I didn't leave home and live with other denominations I will believe my pastor that Cele's are fetish
Nigerians will rather be kind to you because you are from their village or you attend the same church and not because you are a human being and you deserve to be loved because you are Gods creation
God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
McCoy662:
well I think it's because we haven't seen what we are looking for in the church.
I think Christianity is overatted... don't get me wrong here.
but the truth is that most times, we spend our whole life in the church, praying and fasting but life gets no better. some have been killed with juju even in the church. so many strange happenings has made many lost their faith in Christianity. for me, sometimes I doubt if Christianity is real because I have seen a lot. there are some traditional things that get bypass as per being a Christian.... u may be strong in faith but if u dare some traditional things, u will face the consequences.

Just like last month or so in Delta State, a man accused his wife of infidelity. by tradition, the wife is supposed to go for cleansing before she could cook for the husband again. but the man being an elder in the church opted for church diverance, the wife was "delivered" and she went back to her husband but few days later, the man died.

so for me Christianity and tradition has their limits.
The man's wife wasn't delivered properly. Deliverance is a gradual process.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by CioAngels(f): 6:56pm On Jun 10, 2018
People go to other places because they know their senior and junior pastors go there and after they come out to talk ills of those they run to. Hypocrisy.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Geesaintagape: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
Solutions come from either north,south, west or east. What matter in a problem is solution
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by brodalokie: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yoshy:

Then the grace isn't well defined. I met a sister that told me, she can do all she wants because she is FREE and has Grace, that's a classic form of bondage, when one aren't aware she is imprisoned.

Why do you think she is bond?
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Themandator: 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Kenneth4u205:
Because the church today is not functioning in it fullness.some church focus only on the word.while some focus only on holiness.while some focus only on prophecy .while some focus only on prosperity.while some focus only on healing .while others only on miracles.Another on deliverance.That was never the plan of God for the church.God want his church to flow on all this at the same time .don't just focus on one area and neglect the other.preach the word of holiness and prosperity,then go ahead to heal the sick ,cast out demons and give prophecy to those that need directions.

Can you mention one church that is focused on just one aspect of redemption that you know .
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Themandator: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
akeentech:
They don't believe in God, They can't wait for that long cos it takes long time for God to answer

It doesn't take long for God to answer to anyone. It takes connectivity. If you are connected to the vine, you will manifest the supernatural as occasion demands because it will be your natural habitat.

Everytime God answers anyone it is always instantaneous. Every encounter produces testimony..... The entrance of the word giveth light...not starts to give light...... Light comes immediately it is switched on...it must doesn't wait for some seconds or minute to come up and darkness has no power over it
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Yoshy: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
brodalokie:

Why do you think she is bond?

SIN creates bondage (albeit an illusion), when one indulges and believe there is grace to bank on, that's not only erroneous but silly(permit me please).

God is a forgiving father, but he needs one to live right so we may know Him(the ultimate purpose and corrections may be needed)

Repitition of sins with the hope that grace covers you is self deception and that's what she understood by grace.

The popular Part in Paul's letter; "Do we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid....for whatever a man soweth he shall reap" it's authomatic
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by SAMBARRY: 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
asuustrike2009:

God bless you for this
amen
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by harrystories(m): 8:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
akeentech:
They can't wait for that long cos it takes long time for God to answer
Wrong.

It doesn't take long for God to answer prayer. It depends on how strong your faith is. The bible tells us to believe that we've received whatever we will ask from God, and it would be yours. If you're not receiving, that's because you don't see it coming. If you can see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hands.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Themandator: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
uuzba:
If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "be uprooted and plant yourself in the sea" and it will do it.
This is what Jesus tells us.

But people spend a lot of time in places worshiping THE PASTOR.

They quote Bible left and right. But I never heard anyone quote Jesus Christ himself from Mathew, Mark, Luke and John.
-
In summary, they have no faith in Jesus Christ.

You never heard anyone quote Jesus from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John........exactly what are you trying to put across to the forum
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by MistadeRegal(m): 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
Omooba77:

You are right sir, may God help our faith!

Amen.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by brodalokie: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yoshy:

SIN creates bondage (albeit an illusion), when one indulges and believe there is grace to bank on, that's not only erroneous but silly(permit me please).

God is a forgiving father, but he needs one to live right so we may know Him(the ultimate purpose and corrections may be needed)

Repitition of sins with the hope that grace covers you is self deception and that's what she understood by grace.

The popular Part in Paul's letter; "Do we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid....for whatever a man soweth he shall reap" it's authomatic

You are only talking this way because you still look at life with the eyes of the law.
I invite you to taste of the law of grace. Under this law you may never know sin because you are either busy climbing the ladder of a perfect man or you are already perfect. Yes, it is possible to be perfect.

"The law worketh death, but grace and truth leadeth to ETERNAL LIFE." - Paul
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Themandator: 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
SokizzRaven:

Churches never had anything, it is all entertainment and social activities nothing more. Let me ask how did churches came in to being? cause I never read anywhere that Jesus established a church during his life time

Jesus didn't establish any but gave his disciples charge to make followers of all mankind... All the letters Paul sent to different cities like Corinth, Antioch, Ephesus, etc were written to churches.
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by Yoshy: 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
brodalokie:

You are only talking this way because you still look at life with the eyes of the law.
I invite you to taste of the law of grace. Under this law you may never know sin because you are either busy climbing the ladder of a perfect man or you are already perfect. Yes, it is possible to be perfect.

"The law worketh death, but grace and truth leadeth to ETERNAL LIFE." - Paul

Do you know grace without the LAW? Are you saying we are free to do what we want because of grace?

This kind of teaching is what is producing Christians without any sense of Christ....'live anyhow, grace have got your back'
Re: Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions? by brodalokie: 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
Yoshy:

Do you know grace without the LAW? Are you saying we are free to do what we want because of grace?

This kind of teaching is what is producing Christians without any sense of Christ....'live anyhow, grace have got your back'

You don't understand. It's not your fault grin

Read what I wrote again. You will not even be able to commit a sin when you're tutored under the law of grace. You're either busy climbing the ladder of the stature of a perfect man or you are already perfect.
You have become the word made flesh.
The law has to do with sin and penance, death or sacrifice. But grace is so powerful that it will give you eternal life devoid of the law.
That power the serpent promised Adam was replaced with something more powerful through Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Ighodalo Leads Late Wife’s Foundation In Outreach To Babies (Photos) / 15 Amazing Things To Know About Good Friday / Pastor Lazarus Muoka 'Heals' Man Of Hepatitis And Liver Disease (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.