Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? (1694 Views)

Protesters Cook In Front Of Shell In Rivers As They Protest Sacking Of Kinsmen / Statement On The Return Of The Abacha Stolen Millions / Hadi Sirika And The Return Of Nigeria Airways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by fero007: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
People seem excited that Shell has reopened in Warri, Delta but has that helped the city in anyway or will they be any future help
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by Omololu007(m): 9:09pm On Jun 10, 2018
ExxonMobil is also going back to akwa ibom

It will increase both state IGR,and also employ the local populace

2 Likes

Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by Mynd44: 9:27pm On Jun 10, 2018
If only you knew what Warri was before Shell left………..

Those celebrating know why they are celebrating
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by rolchi(m): 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
Please where is the Shell in Warri right now?

1 Like

Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by fero007: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
rolchi:
Please where is the Shell in Warri right now?

Shell office at Ogunu has started operations, I don't know of edjeba office
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by hisgrace090: 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
Good move, they're welcome!
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by SadiqBabaSani: 9:48pm On Jun 10, 2018
Dem dey mafdt before, intact dey av to stay in warri imagine digging and suckin all d oil and........
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by Throwback: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Hopefully some have learnt not to be a nuisance to their own development.
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by rolchi(m): 10:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
fero007:

Shell office at Ogunu has started operations, I don't know of edjeba office

Please which of their fields are they coming to manage from Ogunu? Are you sure you are not talking of the Project Office for Desicon as they are doing a project for Shell at Tunu.

1 Like

Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by fero007: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
rolchi:

Please which of their fields are they coming to manage from Ogunu? Are you sure you are not talking of the Project Office for Desicon as they are doing a project for Shell at Tunu.

learnt that they are returning to their former office, don't know if they was a field there
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by DaBullIT(m): 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Untill they get angry and Oyinbos start going missing and they stull wail about Buhari
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by docadams: 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
Mynd44:
If only you knew what Warri was before Shell left………..

Those celebrating know why they are celebrating

Tell them, Mynd.. Though hearing it for the first time . It will be a welcomed development. I doubt if the scale of return will be up to previous level. Warri needs Shell but question is, has the local populace learnt its lesson?

The downside will be the attendant increase in the cost. of living
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by CodeTemplar: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
Warrior can't learn. Them too greedy.
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by Mynd44: 11:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
docadams:

Tell them, Mynd.. Though hearing it for the first time . It will be a welcomed development. I doubt if the scale of return will be up to previous level. Warri needs Shell but question is, has the local populace learnt its lesson?

The downside will be the attendant increase in the cost. of living
Warri used to be lively, fun, rich, wealthy and a place you tell tales of.

Night clubs, bars, entertainment, food and all sorts of live until Shell said bye.

Every sector of Warri and Delta at large felt Shell then and it was good. Shell did a lot for that city I hope this news is true and I hope it goes well this time
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by docadams: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2018
Mynd44:

Warri used to be lively, fun, rich, wealthy and a place you tell tales of.

Night clubs, bars, entertainment, food and all sorts of live until Shell said bye.

Every sector of Warri and Delta at large felt Shell then and it was good. Shell did a lot for that city I hope this news is true and I hope it goes well this time

I hope so too. Things are no longer at ease since Shell and Chevron departed.
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by fero007: 10:07am On Jun 11, 2018
docadams:

I hope so too. Things are no longer at ease since Shell and Chevron departed.

Did chevron ever leave Warri? the know of shell, agip, schlumberger, pooc, npdc
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2018
fero007:
People seem excited that Shell has reopened in Warri, Delta but has that helped the city in anyway or will they be any future help

Pls which shell are u referring to if it is spdc, they have not returned because they sold most of their properties/facilities to different companies (eg seplat) but if u mean snail shells, there is more than enough....

2 Likes

Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 11, 2018
fero007:

Pls which shell are u referring to if it is spdc, they have not returned because they sold most of their properties/facilities to different companies (eg seplat).....
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by ModsareChevres: 11:14am On Jun 11, 2018
Freshbank:

Pls which shell are u referring to if it is spdc, they have not returned because they sold most of their properties/facilities to different companies (eg seplat) but if u mean snail shells, there is more than enough....

I wonder o.

Did Seplat sell the assets back

1 Like

Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by docadams: 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2018
fero007:

Did chevron ever leave Warri? the know of shell, agip, schlumberger, pooc, npdc

They did but not up to the scale of Shell.
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by fero007: 2:04pm On Jun 11, 2018
Freshbank:

Pls which shell are u referring to if it is spdc, they have not returned because they sold most of their properties/facilities to different companies (eg seplat).....

Have a friend Ewhoma who stays in Ogunu, told me shell was operating there as a logistics base. My Aunts friend who works in DBIR also confirmed it. And I saw this post online
http://punchng.com/shells-return-to-warri-will-boost-delta-revenue-businesses-govt/
Might all be stories sha

Thing is I know shell can't return like before, and even if all the companies that followed them can't all back. Besides in his final 3 years Uduaghan was running Delta fine without Shell, so whats the big deal?
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by viscerion: 8:55am On Jun 18, 2018
fero007:

Have a friend Ewhoma who stays in Ogunu, told me shell was operating there as a logistics base. My Aunts friend who works in DBIR also confirmed it. And I saw this post online
http://punchng.com/shells-return-to-warri-will-boost-delta-revenue-businesses-govt/
Might all be stories sha

Thing is I know shell can't return like before, and even if all the companies that followed them can't all back. Besides in his final 3 years Uduaghan was running Delta fine without Shell, so whats the big deal?

I didn't know shell left Warri o, cuz I travelled to Warri recently and my uncle's neighbour is a shell. I remember him saying I'm going to ogunu
Re: Has The Return Of Shell Helped Warri? by viscerion: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
how has shell helped port Harcourt sef

(1) (Reply)

“vote For Buhari Again And Regret” – APC Chieftain To Nigerians / Lady Claims People Were Beaten For Wanting To Vote For Ambode In Shomolu / More Pictures Of Pupils Protesting Against Jaafar Jaafar Today In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.