Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,322 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

What Would You Do With One Million Naira? - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Would You Do With One Million Naira? (33877 Views)

Win One Million Naira Cash And Airtime In Maggi Mega Millionaire Promos (redeem) / Woman Saves One Million Naira In Piggy Bank / 3 Ways To Earn One Million Naira Before 2018 Runs Out -NigeriaOnlineBusiness.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
nuelzy:
venture into agriculture... And run a bar by the side
agriculture is a wide name you know?
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 6:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
mideactive:
Go to a remote village, rent a very big land n plant cassaver.in 6 to 7months,ur investment will be tripled.
that plan is good but complex. I work in a financial institution. Trust me a lot of banks fear to give loans for agriculture business because of the high risks and uncertainty involved. Many agricultural borrowers program and interventions have emerged and collapsed due to inability of loan contractors to service their loans. Before you go planting, you need to have an off taker with a signed tripartite agreement to buy your product at a price that won't be determined by the market forces during harvest time. Agricultural business is good, but there the need to fix the broken chain in the business. I like your idea bro.

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 7:12pm On Jun 15, 2018
Lets talk more
Aare2050:

Actually i don't know if you ask this question for fun or for real business ideas.

Some weeks back i share a post here looking for a fund of 100k to start a palm oil business, but unfortunately i was banned for 10 days by nairaland mod.

But thank God say man no be God o!

I have a plan on ground which i can share with you, if you are open for partnership, i will be glad to partner with you. My contact is on my signature. Contact me let me share my idea with you.

If you invest 1m, in four month you should have a turn over and profit of 2m+. Mind you the risk in this business is minimal.

Thanks
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 7:17pm On Jun 15, 2018
omafazie:
If I'm given 1 million naira for free I will invest it in Organic cosmetics production . Making organic and herbal products that clear stretch marks, dark knuckles and thighs, pimples remover products and other products like lotion and soap for both fair and dark skinned persons. Its a very good business and I already have the knowledge on how to make them. I plan to use Facebook and instagram ads to promote the business and I can make over 50% profit every month. This is because skincare is a very lucrative niche especially as alot of ladies will do anything to achieve a flawless skin.

In terms of risk, some customers may not be satisfied with the product for sure and may return it, Or the courier services I may be using to deliver the products to my customers may not deliver on time but nevertheless: the advantages far outweighs the disadvantages.
can we talk privately. Give me a run down of the economics of production, your market and projected turnover period
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 7:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
Joe50:
hmmm. i can see that our youth has no business idea, all they think of sex and quick money and office work. SMH.
lol. Everybody is transport and betting shop
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 7:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
This block industry is another good one. Depending on location.
fajinmi2:
I am going to use it for block industry business or I will be selling building material
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
Are you serious about this? Tchai Na wa oh. Make man dey thank God.
Ugosample:

Even though devaluation and erosion has bastardised the value of the naira, I daresay that MOST Nigerians dont have it, that's why it's big money

A quick statistic to butress my point.

According to NDIC, less than 2% of account holders have up to 500k in their account
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 8:00pm On Jun 15, 2018
Iseoluwani:
m into rabbits biz

you can call for yours 08143412574.

I need investors tooo
what's the market for rabbit
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 8:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
Lool @25k balance.
DeWorlex45:
Thanks for letting him know that everybody can not be a ''Chimamanda? or Tony Elumelu?; must everyone be Mark Nnsuka Bag, as u hav said, or Dangote? It is good to have an idea on how to move one's life forward, but no matter how briliant ur ideas are, or how bright or clear ur vision is, if u don't have d required financial capital to take off, all na wash.
How much do we think DANGOTE used to start up his bizness in today's value? I even read that FEMI OTEDOLA start his Diesel bizness wit #15billion, making him to buy 100 units of DAF Tanker trailers at d total cost of #1.4billion to start with then, while getting land & other machineries for storage depot consume lots of financial resources.

It is said that d owner of ZENITH Bank founded d Bank with d capital of #20million then, pls can #20million starts a bank now, in today's Nigeria? If we are to be sincere to ourselves, depending on someone's location, ''#1m is really too small to begin a lucrative bizness here in Naija, except u also have another source of regular income. All is easier said than done.

Though, a ''CASH of #1m in Hand'' can still go a long way to relief someone from some strugles of assembling it together in d first place, but there is an extent to which it can really go, considering d state of things in Naija now. All these ''i will do this & that'' is just a mere talk, wen u start spending it now till a very short time, u will realise that u are just left with d balance of #25k & many things will still be needed to complete d little plan u had made.

I am not saying that #1m can't start anything, but wat i am saying is that ''it is really not a huge amount as how this thread want to made us think it is, & there is a very short limit to how far it can go.
In My Opinion,.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 8:11pm On Jun 15, 2018
smeag0l:
The only way you can achieve all you said is if you drive your bus or keke by yourself. Business is tough in Nigeria particularly if you have an attractive monthly paying job that won't afford you time to do anything else and you want to have a business on the side. Nigerians are some of the most dishonest people in the world. I have an indian colleague in my office who owns two big supermarkets in Lagos and he had to go bring his brother from India to help manage it which is why he makes a lot of profit. Try this with a Nigerian even if he's your family member and you'll regret it. Personally, the only way I can use one million is to buy a 2001 sienna and register it with a transport company and get my agreed proceeds from them monthly.
you are correct about dishonesty as a problem for someone who really wouldn't have the time to manage the business himself.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2018
Tradefairlagos:

1million naira can confortably relocate you to and get a good job in the UAE. I know for sure.
trust me USE is the worst place to go on earth with 1m
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Ugosample(m): 8:24pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kokaine:
Are you serious about this? Tchai Na wa oh. Make man dey thank God.

I'm telling you the gospel truth

Forget the fake life and all these people who appear rich

All na wash

Deep within, nothing dey.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2018
Jigawa. Why?
bethnals:

Are you based in Abuja
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by DeWorlex45(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kokaine:
Lool @25k balance.
Sir, na so i see am o, this thread wan just make us think say #1m na one big money, whereas; though e fit relieve some stress a bit for some people in some situations, but e get limit to how far e can go, depending on one's location.

#1m no even reach to pay some people 1yr ''House rent'' in some parts of Lagos, PH, & Abuja. No matter d bizness u think u can start with #1m in Nigeria today without any other source of income for d upkeep of both U & ur family, bros na long thing o, someone will just realise dt na only #25,500 balance remain, & many things will still be needed.

Some people's access to reasonable amount as a startup capital is what makes them d millionaire or billionaire they are today, not actually their hardwork or wisdom. Because when u have d money, then u can employ d proper hands to handle what is to be done for d growth & success of ur new bizness. Infact, some bizness needs extra finance to sustain it before earning d desired profits. How much is #1m self? It is poverty that will make one think say #1m na big money.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by omafazie(f): 8:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kokaine:
can we talk privately. Give me a run down of the economics of production, your market and projected turnover period

Thanks for responding to my biz idea. You can add me up on whatsapp lets talk more, 08159458998.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by mideactive: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kokaine:
that plan is good but complex. I work in a financial institution. Trust me a lot of banks fear to give loans for agriculture business because of the high risks and uncertainty involved. Many agricultural borrowers program and interventions have emerged and collapsed due to inability of loan contractors to service their loans. Before you go planting, you need to have an off taker with a signed tripartite agreement to buy your product at a price that won't be determined by the market forces during harvest time. Agricultural business is good, but there the need to fix the broken chain in the business. I like your idea bro.

U'r right about uncertainties,this year planting season is a prove that you can never be too sure when it's comes to agriculture.I see lots of large scale corn farmers crying cus,there is very little rain this season.we had issues of pest attack last season,I thing all this can be controlled though,it depends on how experienced a farmer is. But crops like cassava are very rugged n has various uses. It's a product that 'll always av a ready market, u can sell it off without processing but,u make much more when u process. The thing about cassava is timing,always target the off season,then u av lesser cassava in the market.my brother,@times like this cassava is gold.we still plant far lesser cassava than required in Nigeria.don't forget our population is increasing. I hate taking loans,if I ever have to, I can do it for cassava .we have other wonderful crops like that too.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by bethnals: 9:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kokaine:
Jigawa. Why?

if you were based in abuja i would have introduced you to my business. But the market is not in Jigawa tongue
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by nuelzy: 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2018
Kokaine:
agriculture is a wide name you know?
yes. I will base on... Poultry.. Fishery.. And 'Goatry' grin .. Then cassava farming & processing, plantain plantation... Nd palms oil distribution
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 1:55am On Jun 16, 2018
nuelzy:
yes. I will base on... Poultry.. Fishery.. And 'Goatry' grin .. Then cassava farming & processing, plantain plantation... Nd palms oil distribution
lol. looks like cassava has a great prospect down south. who are the major offtakers ? or you sell directly to the market ? whats your profit from one hecter of land ?
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 2:05am On Jun 16, 2018
mideactive:

U'r right about uncertainties,this year planting season is a prove that you can never be too sure when it's comes to agriculture.I see lots of large scale corn farmers crying cus,there is very little rain this season.we had issues of pest attack last season,I thing all this can be controlled though,it depends on how experienced a farmer is. But crops like cassaver are very rugged n has various uses. It's a product that 'll always av a ready market, u can sell it off without processing but,u make much more when u process. The thing about cassaver is timing,always target the off season,then u av lesser cassaver in the market.my brother,@times like this cassaver is gold.we still plant far lesser cassaver than required in Nigeria.don't forget our population is increasing. I hate taking loans,if I ever have to, I can do it for cassaver.we have other wonderful crops like that too.

what state do you have your farm. have you ever heard of NIRSAL ? read about NIRSAL on google and reach me via mail if you need answers to any question.
do you process cassava or have business ideas about machines that process cassava ? (there are models for machines that process cassava online but i have never really considered the viability of cassava business until now that you explained this) where does cassava grow very well ?
like i said, read about NIRSAL, and see how you can access government aid to bolster the development of your ideas. contact me by mail if you need clarification.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by greatestbe: 5:37am On Jun 16, 2018
kokaine, what if we work out a plan of expanding your alternative energy biz to other locations.

let's discuss

Greatestbenforever@yahoo.com
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Kokaine(m): 6:15am On Jun 16, 2018
greatestbe:
kokaine, what if we work out a plan of expanding your alternative energy biz to other locations.

let's discuss

Greatestbenforever@yahoo.com
okay
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by mideactive: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2018
Kokaine:
what state do you have your farm. have you ever heard of NIRSAL ? read about NIRSAL on google and reach me via mail if you need answers to any question.
do you process cassava or have business ideas about machines that process cassava ? (there are models for machines that process cassava online but i have never really considered the viability of cassava business until now that you explained this) where does cassava grow very well ?
like i said, read about NIRSAL, and see how you can access government aid to bolster the development of your ideas. contact me by mail if you need clarification.

I have a farm in Ondo State,cassaver will do well anywhere in the south west,it depends of your method of planting.Some lands had been over used n need to be rested for awhile,to help it regain it's nutrients. In most cases,u need to plant instantly after harvesting, the output is usually very massive. Processing is abit expensive to set up ,though we now fabricators,they help reduce the prices of machines Greatly. I have a fabricator friend though but,I cannot afford his machines. To set up a mini factory, u need at list two garry fryers,a puller,a grander n a presser. You can also make cassaver flower with, the aid of the flash dryer machine.we still av products like 'pupuru",animal feeds,industrial starch etc.u can deside to only grow n sell,it depends on how u want it.Agriculture is one massive industry the govt.must take seriously. Thanks for the NIRSAL info,I'll check it out.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by nuelzy: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2018
Kokaine:
lol. looks like cassava has a great prospect down south. who are the major offtakers ? or you sell directly to the market ? whats your profit from one hecter of land ?
i can sell directly to the market.. Or point to point distribution pending when i gained grounds... I will then start supplying from my farm.. The profit cant be estimated as it has no stable price...
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by mideactive: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2018
mideactive:
Go to a remote village, rent a very big land n plant cassava.in 6 to 7months,ur investment will be tripled.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Jethrolite(m): 11:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
Ramos16:

I believe that comment was meant in terms of starting up a business, I honestly do not know what kind of business one will start with that amount, pure water business? I have tried that not really profitable, transportation, tried that too, too much risk, drivers come back every other day complaining of one big expenditure or another. The OP's question is valid, when people say they don't know what to invest in, what they are really saying is that they don't know what to invest in that has low risk.
Keke hire purchase is very lucrative, people are just too lazy to do their homework. Draw up conditions that must be met and backed by 2 guarantors. Even if a huge expense comes up, the driver will borrow money to balance that day so as to avoid terminating the contract and losing initial 15% upfront paid.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Jethrolite(m): 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
Tradefairlagos:

The difference is that while other countries are getting better, Nigeria has been on a downward trend since independence. It is wise to suffer for a while in a place that has hope rather than a place that dosent.
Do not argue your opinion with anyone. Every reasonable person has a plan for their life and plans differ. That said, I want to let you know that there are raw money making opportunities in this country. Start by looking at sectors that affect the life of every Nigerian daily. You will be amazed. The Nigerian economy is so informal and unbanked that the over $500bn valuation is wrong. Nigeria is a $1trn economy. I can not explain it for you until you are able to see for yourself.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by Everest1989(m): 7:23am On Jul 01, 2018
Tradefairlagos:

1million naira can confortably relocate you to and get a good job in the UAE. I know for sure.
Please let chat, add me on WhatsApp via my signature, thanks.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by kfrosh: 10:58am On Jul 01, 2018
Please get your facts right and stop misleading gullible people. Ahh ahn, fear God nau.
Tradefairlagos:

Relocate to the UAE. You can get a job that pays minimum of 500k per month, depending on you qualifications. They even accept verified Nigerian certificate.
Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by engrkunlex: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2018
The business concept, many employer wont share with you
Let’s me introduce myself to you, in order to lets you know am not here to scam anyone rather to break you from Financial hardship, Am here to strictly give information not advert or profile selling, am (Andrew O.K a.k.a engrkunlexy4u, am from Ibadan but base in Aba), I started the business during my service year in Aba, and today the rest is good story to tell.
Before I continue to explain, try to answer this question if you can, and also know some facts.
1. The largest selling of textile materials in Nigeria is which state?
2. Electronics container from oversea is entering lagos as Number 1 importer , while Textile,Okirika (Buskoro) is entering which state as Number 1 importer?
3. 70% of the shirts, pants trousers we used in Nigeria, is made from where (you will never know this, if you are not from Onitcha or Aba)?
Lets me share these amazing facts with you?

70% of boxers used in Nigeria is made from Aba (anybody with contrary evidence should quote me wrong), shirt they sell and jeans is directly made from Aba. The question is, are they Aba made? Nope and yes, what we called Aba made is simply lack of packaging and that is why someone like I and you is going to invest into all this area. Later, I will still share amazing things about Aba peoples you need to know.

Introduction into the business (Boxers)
Boxer is made of different materials, we have close to 7 materials, but the common type of materials in making boxer is majorly two in Nigeria today, check this link for the facts: http://dudeundies.com/news/7-mustknow-mens-underwear-fabric-types/ (Cotton and Bed sheets material), lets me explain to you, original Boxers materials is made using Cotton material (Shirt Material) because the texture is of high quality and it does not wash nor change the color after entering water, most packing shirt material we used are made of Cotton materials, it also does not absorb heat and the washing is very simple, you get this type of boxer in supermarket and good store. Lets me share of other the materials with you, called bed sheet material, go and look for a bed sheet material that brings color and remove hair after washing and you will understand what I want to explain, note: we have some bed sheet material that are costly but am sure they will never use that to produce boxer, only a big company use it, Bed sheets material is very cheap to get and most people get their profit from using that in producing boxer, as per say Nigeria like cheap things, Bed sheet materials has less (good) and thick textile texture, this is the type of boxer you wear and 2nd day your yarns and this stuff will begin to ask for fresh air (you get that line), where can I get that? Some fake supermarket store, aboki for road, omo igbo for road side, infact they can sell it for you at 150 to 200, they have already make their profit. It is left for you to choose what you want as a visionary business person.

Why you need to do the business
Do you know that 50% of ladies now wear boxer? Do you know that 10% of women (our Mother) also wear boxer? Do you also know that 80% of our papas now wear boxer and lastly do you know that 95% of grown up guys have nothing less than 3 boxers in their wardrobe? All this estimate was not so in the year past. Before our own generations wear pants, am still a young guy, our ladies don’t even wear boxers before, our mother don’t try it, while our father only wears pants or none. This facts should make you know that the paradigm of fashion is shifting and its for the best brain that will grab this profitable future opportunity and make it a reality. Another reason why you should do this business is, do you know that most people used to overlook the production of boxer and very few peoples knows how to sew boxer well, ask anybody in the North and western part of the country where they are producing boxer, they will tell you from yanki(abroad) or those guy that don’t have what to do.

The marketing strategies
I will like to explain from what worked for me during my service year and now I can be proud of it. Then we used to pick it at the rate of 200 naira and packed it into 3 in a good nylon for just 1000, the nylon at times attract peoples, people talk about Aba made, Simple definition of Aba made is what simply lack packaging and lack of well arrangement, though I know some people sew bad material for boxers and still sells. We give out to our fellow friends and also go to nearby store, banks and offices to deliver to them, some get attracted with the nylon and the color packed inside. Also, know that if people love you, even if they have 10 boxers at home, they will still buy from you, mostly, ladies sell faster than we guys you understand better.

How do I make my own profit?
The profit is very simple; first, ensure you are getting a good material from your supplier, because this will make your business sustainable for long. Imagine you are getting at 200 per one and you are packing it into 3 per 1 as in you pack 3 boxers inside one nylon for just start of 1000, mathematically, you gain 400 on it, which means 100+ on one boxers, may be after expenses of buying nylon and may be you want sticker to the nylon, you later make 100 on each boxer, I believe that is enough for anybody. Secondly, you can target supplying it out to people close to you, I have a guy who always acts as a middlemen for the boxer, he gets it and supply out to his people for sell, he made faster money than we do then. Making your profit depends on how you can think deep on it.

Risk attached to this Business
I believe there is no business without risk, any business that poses without risk must not be a genuine business. Number one risk is frustration? What do I mean, if you ever buy boxers from an untrusted person, and your customer started condemning your goods, you notice that frustration is the first thing that will come to you, advice, don’t go for anybody you cant trust in supplying you the boxer, and no matter what, never allow your customer to select boxer and that is why we packed it in a nylon, because all colour can never be so attracting, they compensate each other. Secondly, if you fail to establish market or target a market, you may be disappointed that it is easy to establish with mind but execution is a challenge, my advice for you is to talk about it to friends and family even your enemy and lets them comments about it. Lastly, You are the last risk, don’t join because I said its profitable, simply follow your dream and lets be fits into making it before you start, I started with my mind fits in making it, and today, after my NYSC, I stayed back in producing my own boxers and also work as an IT executive for one popular radio station in the city.

NOTE:
The business is sweet, but if you don’t have right mind of making it, don’t start it. Today, am supplying to different state today simply because I started the business from my mind after gathering all the facts needed and I develop a right attitude towards it. I started producing my own with less than 200, 000 today, though I invested more than that into it now.
If you will like me to supply you anywhere you are in the country, I can incur the cost of sending it but it will be (a pack) which is 25 pieces inside a pack nylon at N5,000 for now, I will pack 3 in 1 boxer separately from your 25 pieces as a sample for you, you pay after receiving it, you pay to the person that will give to you or from where you will get it from after bargain on sending it, I will only incur the cost of transporting it for the first time and subsequently you pay for the transportation on your own, all is to clear your doubt about it.

:If you have interest on how to make your own boxer with less than 200, 000, just drop your mail on this forum, I will mail you.
Note: I dont sell a fancy Boxer,i only produce what will last long for the consumer, so dont be disappointed getting my boxer and not seeing oyo-yo,and also i dont come here to advertize, only to sensitized. We can only promise you the best

Note: If you are in Lagos or Abuja and you are ready to invest in Bulk supply or partner kindly send a text or call: 08038662353.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do With One Million Naira? by jolyment: 5:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Birchi33:
I will be eaten suya till the game is over.

Which game?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

‘Breasts On Lantern’: Agonies Of Borrowers Of Nigerian Micro-credit Loans / New Exchange Rate? / CBN Cashless Policy Is Good For POS Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.