Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (68218 Views)

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
ElsonMorali:

In your dreams. Keep dreaming. When you're done making a fool of yourself online shey you will go and sleep on your mat.

call evil evil
wetin ur broda do know good
give am money for something he will another
moreover if he wants to drink garri nobody stops
he does so at will

just call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by ElsonMorali: 11:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
blazer2018:
In a continent with a high risk of earthquakes and earth tremours..there is no way i will live inside those (slanty looking) sky scrappers in Hong Kong...mehn...how do they cope with fire outbreaks in those residential sky scrappers...and i bet some will even lack lifts...na trekking go kill person grin

First off most modern buildings these days are fitted with sprinkler systems, so you hardly hear of huge fires destroying tall buildings.

Then there's no skyscraper in the world that does not have elevators. It's not possible.

Building codes require it and that building will never be built without at least an elevator in it.

Even in Nigeria, there are no skyscrapers without lifts. It's just not possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by ElsonMorali: 11:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Juliusmalema:

call evil evil
wetin ur broda do know good
give am money for something he will another
moreover if he wants to drink garri nobody stops
he does so at will

just call a spade a spade.

Abeg goan sleep.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by maklelemakukula(m): 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
JohnVianney:

I did same google search, this is what I got.
bro don't answer that sad Ghanaian
Meanwhile.....
grin grin grin

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by eDeity: 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by EvilMetahuman: 11:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
eDeity:
lipsrsealed
That's a blog.

Imagine ignorant morons like emeka writing a blog.. you expect him to lift images like that from Google and call it nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:45pm On Jun 24, 2018
Juliusmalema:

that is lagos-ibadan express lie not Ryan smith

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by ChiefSweetus: 11:49pm On Jun 24, 2018
See as Essex Sheffield and Hong Kong ghetto fine pass Ikoyi grin grin grin angry
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by blazer2018: 11:50pm On Jun 24, 2018
ElsonMorali:

First off most modern buildings these days are fitted with sprinkler systems, so you hardly hear of huge fires destroying tall buildings.

Then there's no skyscraper in the world that does not have elevators. It's not possible.

Building codes require it and that building will never be built without at least an elevator in it.

Even in Nigeria, there are no skyscrapers without lifts. It's just not possible.

It is not that they won't be built with d house, but still some lifts will be broken and left unfixed...abeg go to Jo'burg my brother, u go fear fear now.

As for d fire disaster i mentioned...take 4 example d Grenfell Tower fire in London last yr dat claimed about 79 lives (plus about two similar ones in d UK last yr)...in a country with stricter safety precautions 4 dat matter...not to talk of Hong Kong
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by banre(m): 11:52pm On Jun 24, 2018
that Essex, England no b slum o abeg commot am
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by seunny4lif(m): 12:00am On Jun 25, 2018
Juliusmalema:

gbam

abeg
visit better place

no lying Mr
OK
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Greenback: 12:01am On Jun 25, 2018
ElsonMorali:

what about the skyscrapping buran rufus in ib silum?
grin
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by wilddee(m): 12:02am On Jun 25, 2018
The Rio De Janiero's third pix looks like another style of storey building at first glance
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 25, 2018
Op I didn't see;
Makoko, Agege, Ajegunle, York......

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Horus(m): 12:32am On Jun 25, 2018
The dirtiest slums are in India

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by spiritedtete: 12:37am On Jun 25, 2018
emeka1101:

Hahaha what is this one too saying?
The dirtiest slums in Africa are all located in nigeria.
Comment with facts not sentiment.

Stop that! What do you mean dirtiest... have you visited Mali bukinafaso Kenya Eritrea etc?

Slum for 9ja compare to the aforementioned is GRA oo

3 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Slimsly100(f): 12:42am On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
u lie, unless u don't know the meaning of G.R.A.

Government reserved area
U got another meaning for it, abi oyibo don't change am? U know say na only English language na I'm dey get remix, version by version. Abeg tell me o

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by JandyJ(m): 12:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Nigerian markets are worse
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 25, 2018
cheaphost:
Is Camdem, NJ a major city in the world? Camdem is probably the most ghetto city in the US.

Of course, it's not. OP has to dig deep to find a city to fit his pisspoor narrative.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by davillian(m): 1:16am On Jun 25, 2018
Don't know if I'm the only one that saw some good slums.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:23am On Jun 25, 2018
Slimsly100:

Government reserved area
U got another meaning for it, abi oyibo don't change am? U know say na only English language na I'm dey get remix, version by version. Abeg tell me o
ok I see ur living in delta state, no wonder u make such comments it's alright

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by DrayZee: 1:44am On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
ok I see ur living in delta state, no wonder u make such comments it's alright

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Vianna:
Camden NJ, USA

That's a deserted housing project in USA

Nigeria has the most slums in the world

Mushin , Ojo, okokomaiko, ajegunle, ijora, Lagos island , , orile, these are just a few in Lagos alone

Infact if one has to calculate the number of slums in Nigeria it would exceed 200 easily in just 20 states

Let's be honest Nigeria is a slum Haven

3 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 25, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Every and all cities get slums.

Mushin , Ojo, okokomaiko, ajegunle, ijora, Lagos island , , orile, these are just a few in Lagos alone

Infact if one has to calculate the number of slums in Nigeria it would exceed 200 easily in just 20 states

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 25, 2018
MakeQuickCash:

Saw pictures of these shanties on EuroNews one day where they scrutinized Spain to have the highest concentration of slums in the whole of Europe. Damn it was appalling.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 25, 2018
Horus:
The dirtiest slums are in India

Nope in Nigeria I mean

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by sharpwriter(m): 1:52am On Jun 25, 2018
damtan:
That Italian slum makes sense oo and for Camdem,USA, the place looks deserted.

I think say na only me see that USA own

kinda looks like a place used for horror movies. E no go good make innocent person find himself for that kind place... I am sure evil and evil practises lurks within there.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 25, 2018
Rollitout:
If UK and USA can av slum then slums must exist in all place in the world even France.

Nigeria had the most slums in the world
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Vianna(f): 2:00am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

No that's not true. Most Asians countries are just like Africa. Have you ever been to India? Even in metropolitan city like Mumbai, Delhi , Bengaluru, Hyderabad etc dirty ,polluted , you can't even breath fresh air due to population density.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:14am On Jun 25, 2018
[quote author=DrayZee post=68792056][/quote] I love this pic
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:17am On Jun 25, 2018
Vianna:

No that's not true. Most Asians countries are just like Africa. Have you ever been to India? Even in metropolitan city like Mumbai, Delhi , Bengaluru, Hyderabad etc dirty ,polluted , you can't even breath fresh air due to population density.
do not mind them ignorance is killing all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by stonemasonn: 2:29am On Jun 25, 2018
gaby:

Spain na Africa wey manage finish secondary school na...advance Africa...if you dey some part of Spain you dey look into Africa.
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Lady Stikes A Pose As Airport Officials In Lagos Stare - .Photos / Benin Stowaway Boy: Plane's Engine Still Echoes In My Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.