Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) (68289 Views)

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 / Five Northern Cities That Attract Visitors In Nigeria / Shocking: Popular Cities That Are Not Capitals Of Their Countries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

[s] Nope in Nigeria I mean

That's a deserted housing project in USA

Nigeria has the most slums in the world

Mushin , Ojo, okokomaiko, ajegunle, ijora, Lagos island , , orile, these are just a few in Lagos alone

Infact if one has to calculate the number of slums in Nigeria it would exceed 200 easily in just 20 states

Let's be honest Nigeria is a slum Haven [/s]
India have the most dirties slums in the world. You are behaving like someone Who lack sense, (no apologies)

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by wiseone28: 2:34am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Nigeria had the most slums in the world
Kenya has the most slums https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums#

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:51am On Jun 25, 2018
Saviour22:
India have the most dirties slums in the world. You are behaving like someone Who lack sense, (no apologies)

You are very rude and crude , if you didn't agree with my comment you could have easily ignored me but you just had to show your attitude?

Please do not quote me again till you have learnt some manners only on this forum does one get this level of immaturity

Smh

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 25, 2018
Kfour

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Ugosample(m): 5:45am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Mushin , Ojo, okokomaiko, ajegunle, ijora, Lagos island , , orile, these are just a few in Lagos alone

Infact if one has to calculate the number of slums in Nigeria it would exceed 200 easily in just 20 states

Let's be honest Nigeria is a slum Haven

India has more slums than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by omoelerin1: 5:46am On Jun 25, 2018
peacengine:

Someone posted this pic and claimed twaz Naija. Such people no go make heaven

Mehn some slums are revolting
Some tribal bigots even said it was south west. They claimed that, that was where their hosts who happen to be the indigenes live, while they who are settlers live in mansions.

Stupid people

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by pennyforthought: 5:52am On Jun 25, 2018
Some more slums

Karachi, Pakistan (The worlds largest slum)

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by pennyforthought: 5:54am On Jun 25, 2018
Jamaica

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by annford: 5:54am On Jun 25, 2018
Sirmuel1:

You wan console yourself. Just because Abuja and Lagos get slums, you think say everywhere Na the same.

Show me a slum in New York or Miami or any Major city in Europe.
my brother, there are slums in Brooklyn, New York. you just don't know it, simple! every city in the World has poor people living in it who come together to inhabit an area because they have a common goal.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by pennyforthought: 5:55am On Jun 25, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Putin1(m): 5:56am On Jun 25, 2018
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by pennyforthought: 5:58am On Jun 25, 2018
Sirmuel1:

You wan console yourself. Just because Abuja and Lagos get slums, you think say everywhere Na the same.

Show me a slum in New York or Miami or any Major city in Europe.

New York is too developed to have full scale slums. However, they do have ghettos which are very poor and extremely underdeveloped parts of the city

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Rocktation(f): 6:06am On Jun 25, 2018
nemesis8u:

My sympathies r with all poor people in this world , everybody deserves a chance and not be made mockery of which is pathetic and cowardly

This!

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Olanipereku(f): 6:08am On Jun 25, 2018
popizaino:
That turkey and uk slum go pass as GRA in ibadan.
this table you're shaking eee grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by ojimbo(m): 6:09am On Jun 25, 2018
Vianna:
http://m.dw.com/en/inside-europes-slums/a-18011677?xtref=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.google.com.ng%252F

Messina, Italy
lies, I live for many years in messina. There is no place like this in the whole of messina
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by TundeBricklayer: 6:12am On Jun 25, 2018
Nigerians and lies grin see how they exempted Ibadan one of the world biggest slum cities and the biggest in African-UN habitat

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by TundeBricklayer: 6:23am On Jun 25, 2018
Lagos have countless slums

These pictures are Makoko

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by OrireSA(m): 6:25am On Jun 25, 2018
I want to my own shack with Vianna ( the editor of this blog ) lol she's pretty beautiful I go bless her bank account ooo with foreign currency
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Gamesmart: 6:28am On Jun 25, 2018
bujebudanu1:
Every and all cities get slums.

The so-labelled "slums" in developed countries and even places like China or Turkey are as good as the "decent" areas of you lower middle-class in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by TundeBricklayer: 6:33am On Jun 25, 2018
pennyforthought:
Jamaica
Why not show Nigeria Slums
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by VictorRomanov: 6:34am On Jun 25, 2018
Sirmuel1:

Baba calm down jare. No be quarrel. What I'm trying to say is; it's very rare to see dirty Ghettos in top European Cities.

Abi you wan compare Ijora to Miami?

BTW, I grew up in the Ghetto, so you can tell me the life there is better.

Miami na European city?

Shay you never see Madrid, Spain for the list above. Virtually every city get slums. E no mean say the whole city na slum. That's how the world works. The part of Miami you dey see na the beaches. Make person take you around nooks and crannies and you might be shocked.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by OmoDavido(m): 6:38am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Nigeria had the most slums in the world

Ghana slums are the worst in Africa.

80% of Accra are slum.

I live in Accra, so I know what I am saying

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by OmoDavido(m): 6:45am On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:
Lagos have countless slums
These pictures are Makoko

The last picture is Ghana slum. 80% of Ghana landmass is covered by slums
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Belmot(m): 6:46am On Jun 25, 2018
jenigurl:

Let's be honest Nigeria is a slum Haven
Don't be ignorant. India has the most slums in the world.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Ndipe(m): 6:57am On Jun 25, 2018
Inequiy of wealth is one of the reasons
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by TundeBricklayer: 7:00am On Jun 25, 2018
OmoDavido:

The last picture is Ghana slum. 80% of Ghana landmass is covered by slums
My friend you guys should stop deceiving yourselves the picture is Makoko Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by chuksville(m): 7:00am On Jun 25, 2018
I'll like to live in that Essex or Sheffield UK slums. The slums fine pass some houses in highbrow Ikoyi lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by TundeBricklayer: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2018
OmoDavido:

Ghana slums are the worst in Africa.

80% of Accra are slum.

I live in Accra, so I know what I am saying

Ibadan is Africa biggest slum city, 94% slums says UN habitat

2 Likes

Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Abagworo(m): 7:15am On Jun 25, 2018
The UK and Turkey slums look decent.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by Buffalowings3(m): 7:21am On Jun 25, 2018
Vianna:

Your problems is you have failed to investigate properly and check out the website google Nigeria cached that image from.

That image was cached from nairaland.com. The OP as at then must have googled a random image from the net and post it as Nigeria for everyone to see. That image is on reddit, telegraph and WHO and its of Ghana.
Thanks grin grin
So, NL has been peddling false info all this while.
Re: Slums From World Major Cities That Shows All That Glitters Is Not Gold (PHOTOS) by flames01: 7:23am On Jun 25, 2018
emeka1101:
Stop being ignorant.
There's nowhere in Accra where people live on water.
Can't you get it?
It's only in nigeria where such things are found.

I'm not saying there are no slums in Ghana .
There are a lot but this one in particular is not Accra but Lagos.

You must have traveled across the shores of Ghana and along the banks of the Volta to know this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) / SUV Rams Into EndSARS Protesters In Lagos, 2 Feared Dead, Others Injured (Graphi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.