Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,116 members, 7,953,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba (3029 Views)

Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet / 2019 Election Results: Atiku, Buhari In Close Marking- Vanguard Newspaper / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by honourhim: 8:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Almaiga:

That means, una no go, go Church. The last time I checked, all Igbo Pastors are not pure. All Igbo Pastors see Church as a business. They are only there for the money only.
Don't be decieved by the new titles they are giving themselves recently. Tiles like, Bishop, Apostle, Reverend, Prophet e.t.c.
Most of their alters are products of rituals. I can never worship in an Igbo man's Church.

Keep shut if u dont know what to say. You must not comment. Everything u listed here is also happening among Yoruba pastors so stop deceiving yourself.
I hate yoruba hypocrisy.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Almaiga: 8:37am On Jun 13, 2018
honourhim:

Keep shut if u dont know what to say. You must not comment. Everything u listed here is also happening among Yoruba pastors so stop deceiving yourself.
I hate yoruba hypocrisy.
Hahahahaha, pained IPOB.

For the record, I'm not Yoruba. But rather associate with them than you.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by honourhim: 9:25am On Jun 14, 2018
Almaiga:

Hahahahaha, pained IPOB.

For the record, I'm not Yoruba. But rather associate with them than you.

Hahahahaha frustrated f.ool. Who cares whether you are yoruba or not?

Read my response again or is there anywhere in this thread that i said Yoruba should not comment?

RECEIVE SENSE

Telling me you associate more with yoruba than Igbo makes you sound so st.upid. Who cares about your association?
Igbos dont need to claim association with anybody in other to survive. Your inferiority complex always show. You needed to quickly tell me that you are not a yoruba but likes to associate with them so as to save yourself from being attacked as a yoruba. Quite a shame on you. You were not even bold to say where you are from. Real shame,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Joylove2324(f): 9:39am On Jun 14, 2018
I don't blame Nnanna,we always know igbo people as a tribe who doesn't have respect even for their own parents,so am not surprise at all thats how they insult and rubbish their elders....................bunch of fools

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Joylove2324(f): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
Mayrock:
If they try that...punch newspaper will go down.
you mean Biafra punch?
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by spartanman007(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2018
Nnanana has made a statement that can invoke a war and cause carnages in any country, if such words have been said by a Yoruba man to the Igbos, we would not be saying this today. A lot of sentiments, biases, fury, anger and provocations would have been attached to it. So coming here to preach calm and understanding is not necessary. We handle cases like this with maturity, sense and constructive reasoning. Look at how we got our JUNE 12. If we decide to leave Nigeria today, we will leave without any form of violence, calling of names, without invoking violence or calling out other tribes. We apply sense to what we do and that is why we are Sophisticated 'slowpoke' 'Mentality Organized Resilient Optimistic Nigerian.(slowpoke)

1 Like

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Joylove2324(f): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2018
ikeyman00:

but it is now moral right to accept an award from people that killed Abiola abi?

it is morally right to vote again for one that careless if the whole of Benue is wiped out

and finally it is morally right for sstupid oba to call for all Igbos to drown in lagoon

afonja plz repent for once in history
for your mind you go think you get sense ba?

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by OlufunkeAwoyale(f): 9:58am On Jun 14, 2018
Some people are malady of stupidity... The post is bias, sentiment and nepotistic to defend and justify the actions of Nnanna... If your children offend you, you ought to punish him for not doing such next time but you are pampering him at the detriment of others... Yorubas are not morons and we can never be. If you want this matter to settle without any further reactions, all Igbos on this page should apologize on behalf of their brother...
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by ComradeWonder(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2018
ikeyman00:

but it is now moral right to accept an award from people that killed Abiola abi?

it is morally right to vote again for one that careless if the whole of Benue is wiped out

and finally it is morally right for sstupid oba to call for all Igbos to drown in lagoon

afonja plz repent for once in history

Nepotism and tribalism are some of the problems facing Nigeria. Within the short piece written by you to engage someone,it shows you have been over shadow by the two aforementioned factors.I don't know your age in 1993, but if you are very much alive and aware in 1993, you will know that Chief MKO Abiola personality and what he stand for is the reason why democracy is alive today. It conferment as GCFR symbolizes unity of purpose......At the banquet hall where the award was presented, every Nigerians across all tribes were there. So it was not the question of Yoruba indigene being honoured. As regard benue killing, you were getting it wrong for being politicking and biased. Buhari is not the one killings. Stop dividing Nigerians by frivolous write-up.....Most of you are very happy about the killings in Benue, so that you can leverage on it to kick Buhar out come next election. Stop being an hypocrite bro.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 14, 2018
Joylove2324:
you mean Biafra punch?
common shut
u don't insult another man's country.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Customer80: 10:10am On Jun 14, 2018
Hmm
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Joylove2324(f): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2018
honourhim:

You think Buhari will win the north like before? The middle belt wont give him big votes like before. The south west wont vote him like before, I have seen more south west supporters of Buhari in 2015 who are against him today due to the harsh economy. Infact you hardly see those who were against him in 2015 coming now to support him. Even the south south wont vote him as before.South east may give him 1% this time.

Some core northerners who supported him are against him today and you hardly see any northerner who was against him in 2015 coming out now to support him. From all indications, Buhari has lost more of his supporters than winning the heart of his enemies. The election may surprisingly not favour him as you think.

The votes of the north will be shared among the northern candidates coming out from APC and PDP this time around. Its not like in the case of GEJ where votes were shared between north and south.
i wonder where you got your own analysis...let me quickly educate you on this....do you think hausa&fulani were like igbos? they are not traitors like you guys,they dont trade their right for anything,,God forbid bad thing even if this country is worse, they are still going to vote for their man....and mind you APC is gonna get more votes in south east come 2019 not like 2015 which Gej and his goons use federal might to manipulate everything and to talk of the west forget it tinubu holds the land.......Take it or leave it Buhari will easily win the election...you can screenshot this comment

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Customer80: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2018
OlufunkeAwoyale:
Some people are malady of stupidity... The post is bias, sentiment and nepotistic to defend and justify the actions of Nnanna... If your children offend you, you ought to punish him for not doing such next time but you are pampering him at the detriment of others... Yorubas are not morons and we can never be. If you want this matter to settle without any further reactions, all Igbos on this page should apologize on behalf of their brother...
Nnanna written statement was wrong but according to you, he is ought to be punished, can I also ask you if Oba akionolu was punished when he made uncomplimentary statement on the Igbo likewise the filmmaker afolayan

1 Like

Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Customer80: 10:16am On Jun 14, 2018
Joylove2324:
I don't blame Nnanna,we always know igbo people as a tribe who doesn't have respect even for their own parents,so am not surprise at all thats how they insult and rubbish their elders....................bunch of fools
misguided statement from a misguided fellow, there's a difference between bending down to greet an older person and abuse the person land than standing firm and shake an elder with open mind and purity
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by Goke7: 10:29am On Jun 14, 2018
our SE brothers are becoming more frustrated and they should watch it cos it's not looking too good for them in the scheme of national politics, even a pdp member told me that they are likely to go for a SW candidate as VP for 2019 and I asked what happen to the SE who are major stakeholders in PDP, he told me I should just watch and see, I was shocked. Our SE brothers should focus more on profitable things rather than throwing tantrums here and there but would they ever listen?
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by honourhim: 9:02pm On Jun 15, 2018
Goke7:
our SE brothers are becoming more frustrated and they should watch it cos it's not looking too good for them in the scheme of national politics, even a pdp member told me that they are likely to go for a SW candidate as VP for 2019 and I asked what happen to the SE who are major stakeholders in PDP, he told me I should just watch and see, I was shocked. Our SE brothers should focus more on profitable things rather than throwing tantrums here and there but would they ever listen?

Oga leave your long story. Did you see how PDP pushed out south west in their convention? Forget about your south west calculation.

Having said that, let me educate you more that Igbos are not dependent on politics. Igbos prefer to hustle and succeed on their own than to depend on politicians to share money with. Politics is not a do or die affair in Igbo land thats why political killings is quite low in the south east.

marginalization of igbos only ends in the political field. The average individual igbo man/woman is doing well much more than the north and the other southerners who you think are not being marginalized. Just dont worry about us. we will always survive and excel.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by deomelo: 9:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
Yoruba people really don't have to boycott vanguard because they haven't been buying that worthless crap anyways, Vanguard is not even a credible news outlet to start with.

They don't even have o fire that bigot and tribalistic clown, they can keep all their in house bigots, who cares.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by honourhim: 9:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
deomelo:
Yoruba people really don't have to boycott vanguard because they haven't been buying that worthless crap anyways, Vanguard is not even a credible news outlet to start with.

They don't even have o fire that bigot and tribalistic clown, they can keep all their in house bigots, who cares.

Oga you know you are lying yet you just decided to continue with your lies. Continue.
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by GoldNiagara(m): 10:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
odduduwa:
we will take the campaign to church we will as well boycott all Yoruba church and sure the Igbo population forms majority of Nigerian Christians let's see where they will get money for new private jet

Are you sure you are sane? Yoruba church, what does that even mean? Any way the churches shepherd by Yoruba born pastors is not based on human patronage, it is God's business except it is not a church any more
Re: The Sophisticated "morons" Thing And The Boycott Of Vanguard Newspaper By Yoruba by rastaLivity: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
height of hypocrisy

please where were all these warriors of the sophisticated mor•n when the stupidest oba of Lagos threatened to throw the Ibos into the lagoons if they didn't vote his candidate in an election in a democracy setting. I and most middle-beltans will side with the Igbos on these

No be who rush enta toilet dey first clean nyansh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Yesufu Lambasts Arewa Youths, Calls Them ‘bambialamentality’ / Presidential Election: Court Dismisses First Petition Filed Against Tinubu / I Will Be Traveling To OYO STATE But Scared Of My Safety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.